11/13 Instance: The Counselor Is In

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/13 Instance: The Counselor Is In

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Jean: Rocks. Painted rocks. And, like, macrame. This Cessily person had to be the most boring person in the universe. That, most definitely, was not her. Jean opened another drawer and found beads. If she was a hippie, maybe there would at least be some pot?

Rachel: Rachel had rolled out of bed and managed to make herself look somewhat presentable after deciding that laying in bed, sulking, wasn't going to get her over anything. She came to a stop at the door to Cess' office and raised a hand to knock, trying the knob after she had. "Hey..."

Jean: Jean didn't even bother trying to hide her rummaging, but she did sit up straight in the office chair when she saw who was in the doorway. "Holy shit!"

Rachel: That was pretty much her thought process when it came to the situation, though she also managed to state the obvious, "You... aren't Cess."

Jean: "You're not, like, some freaky fucked-up bird thing." Jean closed the drawer. "I would beg you to not kill me, but you might as well because this is fucking boring!"

Rachel: Rachel peered over her shoulder at the hallway and stepped into the office, carefully shutting the door behind her. Glancing back to Jean, she pulled a face, "Unfortunately for you, I'm a bit over all of that, so you'll have to suffer boredom."

Jean: "Great." Jean sighed and sat back in the chair, pulling a long lock of red hair over her shoulder to play with. "Okay, so clearly, you recognize me. Can you tell the rest of your buddies that I'm not this Cessily chick?"

Rachel: "I mean, I know I'm not the biggest on spending time with the family, but it'd be pretty sad if I didn't recognize you..." Rachel shifted her weight from one foot to the other, pushing a hand through her hair. She wasn't quite sure about being buddies with everyone right now, but she supposed she could speak to someone about it. "I'll add it to my to-do list, though I'm not sure how they ever thought you were Cess..."

Jean: "I heard you were back and, like, not crazy anymore. That's always kind of a relative state with you, I know, but I'm glad you're not nuts anymore." Jean inspected the ends of her hair. "Ugh. Split ends." She rolled her eyes and dropped her hair. "I don't even know. The blue guy said Cessily didn't have DNA for them to test so maybe if I spent time in my office I'd remember."

Jean: "Apparently they forgot what her fucking powers were, because even after I bent the needle he tried to stick in me I got a blank stare."

Rachel: "Thanks?" Rachel wasn't entirely sure whether she should be offended by that first comment, however she supposed there wasn't much evidence against it. Especially not now. Sighing, she moved further into the room and dropped into one of the beanbags on the floor, staring up at the ceiling as she spoke, "It's a bit hard to get blood from someone made of mercury... Though, needle bending should've been a clue..."

Rachel: After a few moments of worrying her lip and blinking up at the ceiling, she frowned. She really would need to get on telling someone because that meant Cess was still missing. She reached up to scrub at her face. What the hell had she gotten herself back into?

Jean: "Someone made of mercury? God, mutants are so weird. I saw one two of the people I knew in Circle Pines earlier and Clarice is turning pink and Max is like... a porcupine dude." Jean shrugged and started going through more drawers. "Whatever. She's boring. She paints rocks but she doesn't have any pot."

Rachel: "When it doesn't have any effect, there's not much point in having it," Rachel reasoned, rolling her eyes as she added, "That doesn't make them weird."

Jean: "It just makes their weird easier to see than ours." She gave Rachel the once-over. "Well, mine." Jean gave Rachel a more thorough look. "What happened to your tattoos?"

Rachel: She lifted her head in order to give Jean a flat look and ended up glancing down to her arms, giving a slight shrug, "I haven't had time to go to a tattoo parlor since I was released." It seemed like a far more valid answer than 'mad scientist'.

Jean: "Ugh..." Jean spun the chair around once, then put her feet up on the desk. "I could kill my folks for talking me into going to Trask, but I'm not sure the alternative is any better here."

Jean: "Plus nobody fucking believes who I am here."

Rachel: "I do, so... It's a start?" she tried, vaguely wondering how many drinks she was going to need after this conversation. "What exactly is wrong with being here? I mean, it sure as hell sounds like it beats being brainwashed into a fake life without powers."

Jean: "You probably wouldn't if we weren't related," she pointed out, smoothing down the fabric of her leggings. "At least the fake life would have given me another shot at the Olympics."

Rachel: "Except for the fact it was fake."

Jean: "It was supposed to be just the cure. Not all this brainwashy, living in pod people land mind fuckery. The cure would have gotten me back on the team." She stopped, thinking about this. "Or at least that's what daddy said."

Jean: Jean sat up a little to look at Rachel. "Although, they were pretty wigged about you too. Since apparently freaky is genetic."

Rachel: Rachel gave another roll of her eyes, scoffing, "Who in the world isn't freaked out by me right now?"

Jean: "Yeah... I can't believe they just let you out to wander around." Jean flipped her hair, dismissing the thought with a gesture. "Whatever."

Rachel: "I'm only free to wander school grounds. Other than that, I require a babysitter," she sighed.

Jean: "The bald guy take your powers away? Somebody said that."

Rachel: Rachel shook her head, "Limited them, so they're easier to deal with."

Jean: "Think he could get rid of mine?" Jean cocked her head.

Rachel: "Maybe if you go destroy a few cities and kill some people. Otherwise, you're going to have to learn to live with them."

Jean: "Fuuuck me." She rolled her eyes. "I suppose that wouldn't make me pass a blood test for the X-gene anyway."

Rachel: "It wouldn't," Rachel agreed, patting her pockets. Right. Only her phone. She'd left the pack of cigarettes and lighter on the dresser. That was disappointing because she felt like she needed a smoke before she strangled someone. "It's really not that bad once you get the hang of things."

Jean: Jean was quiet, feet on the edge of the desk as she rotated the chair back and forth. So... this really was it. "Yeah. Whatever. I'm not going home and I can't go back to training and I'm sure as hell not going back to Circle Pines. Guess this is it. If people stop calling me Cess."

Rachel: While Rachel was fairly sure Jean would stop being called Cess after she clarified that Cess was still missing, she didn't managed to contain the smirk or sarcastic response, "And if they don't?"

Jean: "Apparently I need to get some silver spray paint."

Rachel: She snorted, "I'm sure I have some... somewhere..."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 11/13 Instance: The Counselor Is In

Post by Starfish »

Bwahahaha, that's some wonderful WTFery there! :LOL

Though... they're never going to look for poor Cessy now, are they?

Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 11/13 Instance: The Counselor Is In

Post by Slarti »

Heeeee! Exactly!

Obama approves.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate