11/13 Instance: Hey Dude, Wanna Start a Band?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

11/13 Instance: Hey Dude, Wanna Start a Band?

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Mayday: Mayday smiled a little as she held both arms against herself in the shower, singing Tsunami Bomb's 'Negative One To Ten' as well as she could. It was one of the few little things she liked about being alone when she trained: the feeling that she could be alone with her voice, and the echoes off the shower room's surfaces.

Mayday: Reaching out, she took some shampoo into her hands and ran it into her dark red hair, still singing merilly on her lonesome; "It can be more than just sounds and words...it can be something to save you from yourself, your job, your life, your wo-orld..."

Melati: Melati's first thought upon walking into the locker room to peel herself out of her training uniform was wondering who the hell left their radio on and then just up and left. It took her another moment to realize the singing was coming from the shower stalls, and that there wasn't any actual music to accompany it.

Melati: Curious, she went to investigate, seeing how the showers were her destination, anyway. She dropped her uniform in the bin, grabbed a towel from her locker and some soap, then homed in on the source of the voice.

Melati: "I like your taste," she commented upon walking into the showers, still not seeing the other occupant. "That's a good song."

Mayday: Characteristically, Mayday's first reaction was to scream a little and drop into a crouch in the steamy haze from the shower, popping up over a screen and flushing ,"O-oh...t-thanks! Erm....I-I don't er....", she squinted through the steam, "...w-who's that?"

Melati: "May?" Melati tried to recognize the face through the clouds of steam. "Hey, it's me, Mel - your favourite resident lizard-girl, remember?" She dropped her towel over the hook on the wall. "Didn't startle you, did I?"

Mayday: ".....no.", Mayday lied, still blushing at the awkwardness: had she heard the singing? "Erm...I-I was done anyway, so I'ma just....go now...", she awkwardly sank behind the screen

Melati: "Aw, really? Damn, I was hoping you could wash my back and I'd do yours." Melati chuckled. "Kidding! But you don't have to run off just because of me, you know? I could have done with some music while showering."

Mayday: Oh. She had heard the singing, "Ooooohmygod...", Mayday sighed, "Y-you heard it!?",

Melati: "Yep, in all its glory." She grinned to herself as she stepped into the shower stall and turned on the water. "I didn't know you were a fan of Tsunami Bomb."

Mayday: "Y-yeah, they're...one of my favourite bands.", the redhead replied, feeling her hair still had soapy suds in it from the shampoo - a reason to stay and chat. "Damnit...", she muttered, still embarrassed, "I suck at singing...", she frowned, stepping back into the stream of water.

Melati: "Well, if you say so." Melati let the water run over her scaly green skin, before grabbing a the soap. "Even though that's not the word I'd have used. Can only speak for myself, of course, but I liked what I heard."

Mayday: Mayday shook her head, "I got beaten up every time I was caught singing in the showers and told that my voice was horrible.", she explained, cleaning the shampoo out of her hair, "Call it popular vote."

Melati: Melati frowned, the soap dribbling to the floor when she paused for a moment. "Seriously? Because if that's true, you gotta tell me who did that, so I can hunt them down club them with the Justin Bieber dildo they have in their nightstand without a doubt."

Mayday: "I wasn't exactly popular.", Mayday responded solemly, rubbing the scar from the spider bite on her left forearm, "....you think it was good? I-I mean...you know, people said the drunken Goldeneye rendition was ok...."

Melati: "Would I lie just to make you feel better? You know I'm not that a nice person. So it's gotta be the truth." Melati laughed, rubbing in the soap. She shifted back in into her human form, so she could proceed to wash her hair, as well. "If you had less sucky schoolmates, you should have sung in a band."

Mayday: Mayday giggled at that a little, "Me? In a band?", she scoffed, "No way...I'm...I'm me, I'd be terrible. B-besides, who would I be in a band with?"

Melati: "I don't know... think I had a chance? Or would I be too uncool?" Melati grinned, leaning out of her stall to peek in the direction of Mayday's.

Mayday: "...you want to be in a band?", the other girl peeked above the screen again, "W-with me?"

Melati: "Sure, I had my own band back during high-school, after all. Moving as often as I did meant it went down the drain eventually." Melati shrugged. "Still, there should be some demo tapes of 'Lizard of Oi' around somewhere."

Mayday: Mayday grinend at the thought of it, "Me...in a band.", she shook her head, "W-what if I suck?"

Melati: "So? One of the reasons to even start a band in the first place is sucking and making sure to rub it into the faces of as many people as possible." Melati smiled as she rinsed off the soap. "Seriously, though, from what I've heard, there's little danger of that."

Mayday: "Heh...yeah.", Mayday nodded, shrugging - what was the worst that could happen? She'd done crazy things before, and so far she had a million friends and a girlfriend for it, "Sure! Why not?", she beamed, turning off the shower water and wrapping herself in her towel, taking another to wrap up her hair, "So er....what should we call our band?"

Melati: "Not a single clue," Mel replied, turning off the water before she stepped out of the shower and grabbed her towel. "My favourite method to decide on these sings is to sit around with everyone and keep drinking until someone says something that we all can agree upon."

Melati: She frowned for a moment. "Which reminds me, we should probably try to get one or two more people first. That is, unless you can not only sing, but also play the drums and at least one other instrument."

Mayday: Mayday bit her lip and shook her head, "N-not unless Guitar Hero counts. I'm a kick-ass bassist on that.", she smirked awkwardly, "Ok, let's see if we can find more people, huh?",

Melati: "Righto!" Melati flashed Mayday a grin, before playfully swatting the other girl with her towel. "Maybe we should drop a note on the bulletin board or something. Offer free cake for anyone who shows up?" She wrapped her towel around herself. "By the way, do you know how to bake?"

Mayday: With a girlish yelp, Mayday laughed, "W-what, baking? Er...no. B-but maybe Sue could help with it?", she smiled, "She makes English tea, so maybe she can bake cake, too. T-they go hand in hand, right? I mean, English people make cakes, so....er...", she sighed, "I don't know where I'm going with this."

Melati: "Hey, seems like sound reasoning to me," Mel replied, smirking again. "We can also raid Jess' supply of pie. Apparently she got leftovers from her Thanksgiving food-orgy. That is, if Miles didn't web them all up already."

Mayday: "Oh. Jess.", Mayday rolled her eyes, raising an eyebrow about Miles, "Oh, Miles...he's the guy who totally stole my codename, basically, right?", she sighed, "I totally didn't take it personally...", she smirked.

Melati: "I can call him Spider-Girl from now on, if that would help you," Melati offered, beaming another grin at Mayday.

Mayday: Laughing again, Mayday shook her head, "Nah, nah...it's fine. I think I'd prefer to be exclusive.", she started to the locker room, "I'm gonna get dressed and go talk to Sue about it, ok?", she smiled, "This could totally work!"

Melati: "Sure thing," Melati replied and performed a casual salute. "So, catch you upstairs later. And keep me updated. I'll do the same."
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 11/13 Instance: Hey Dude, Wanna Start a Band?

Post by PsychoKez056 »

Noriko can sing, play lead guitar, play bass, keyboard and see writes her own music you know ¬¬
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 11/13 Instance: Hey Dude, Wanna Start a Band?

Post by Chaos »

Yay! Recruitment!!