11/14 Instance: Lorna and Bobby go to White Castle

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

11/14 Instance: Lorna and Bobby go to White Castle

Post by Slarti »

Timelined same time as Thanksgiving game

Bobby: Millie loved him. Bobby knew this because she was taking him far, far away from the mansion. Thanksgiving dinner was a tradition at the mansion, but traditions were made to be broken. With the seat reclined as far as it could go and still let him dangle a wrist over the wheel, Bobby looked over at Lorna with a cheesy grin.

Lorna: "I am so glad I talked Jess into cooking Thanksgiving. Now we're freeeeeeee." Lorna added jazz hands to her statement, overly excited and definitely thankful for the fact that not only were they not cooking a day's long preparation of food glory but they didn't have to sit through the kiddie drama either.

Bobby: "See, this is what I miss about teaching - I no longer have a subtle yet terrifying influence over the young'ens." Bobby accelerated a little more and didn't look back toward the school.

Lorna: "If you want I can do the chainsaw ice carving again and get everyone really spooked." Lorna offered, laughing at the very idea of it. "So, where are we going to spend Thanksgiving?"

Bobby: "I can do some screaming from a distance while you rev the chainsaw if you'd like." He flashed her another grin. The road was clear of snow and fairly flat. Awesome. "What would you like, m'lady?"

Lorna: "I'd always like that, terrify them right!" Lorna declared happily, rubbing her hands together just this side of fiendishly. "Buuuurger, and bacon, and wondrous grease."

Bobby: "Grease, hmm..." Bobby tried to think of the best locations for lipid abuse in the area.

Lorna: "I had a dream about In A Tub...which explains now probably why our kitchen table is covered with stuff from there...but no tacos, I'm burned out on them for today anyway."

Bobby: "But fried tacos are your friends!" Laughing, he started to run through his mental list of fast food. "Well... barring tacos, which means no runs for the border, and adding burgers... have you ever seen a Jack in the Box around here?"

Lorna: "There has to be somewhere, everything is around here somewhere, after all. I'm good for any and all burgers though. We could do a tour de burger even."

Bobby: "Ooooh, a tour de burger! That's an awesome plan." With a nod, he grinned over to her. "You shall be our fearless navigator... let's see how smart your phone really is."

Lorna: Lorna grabbed her phone. "Siri, take us to burgers!"

Lorna: She laughed as she pulled up as many burger joints as she could get. "White Castle, that way!"

Bobby: "Oooh, White Castle... the king of burgers!" Bobby kept going, driving in silence for a while. "Wonder if the kitchen has blown up yet?"

Lorna: "There's only one way to find out...and we're definitely not going back to do so." Lorna tucked her phone away. "I'm sure whatever is going on we'll hear allllll about it when we get back."

Bobby: "Or we'll see the mushroom cloud," he agreed, eyes on the road and a smirk on his face.

Lorna: "Surely they can't get in too much trouble." Lorna shrugged, deciding it was best not to think about. "I mean, it's just a dinner. We always just threw food, didn't we?"

Bobby: "It wasn't Thanksgiving when you punched the sink, was it?" He thought about it.

Lorna: "We were coming back from break I think so no...though it might've been but I'm pretty sure it was just after Christmas."

Bobby: "Yeah, you're right... it was after I broke my arm." Bobby checked the rear view mirror, noticing a car coming up fast. "But it was when our torrid love affair began."

Lorna: "...so we could be luckily on our way from a pheromone laden Thanksgiving student makeout session? We're eating burgers late so we don't have to help clean up."

Bobby: "Ha! Now that would be something... I think a little more love among some of those brats would be a good thing actually. There's a lot of fuckin' fighting amongst the natives."

Lorna: "So I've noticed. I think next time I'm on security duty and I see some fighting I'm going to go on the intercom and just shame them over it, tell them they're grossing out our baby."

Bobby: "You should channel your rage on them in your hormoney moments," he said, flashing her a grin. The car behind them was getting closer and he squinted into the rear view mirror. "Huh..."

Lorna: "Oh balls, what's this now?" Lorna glanced back, frowning as she did so.

Bobby: "I don't know..." the headlights were flashing in the mirror now as the car sped close to the bumper, then backed off.

Lorna: Lorna frowned deeper, not really liking how that was going. "So, that's annoying. Are we almost there?"

Bobby: "Not even close... we gotta switch to the interstate in about ten miles though." Bobby had to adjust the mirror. "Fuck!" He sped up to avoid their follower after the headlights loomed too close for his liking.

Lorna: "I swear if I'm going to have to fly this car to the burger joint because people are crazy someone's going to get a stick shift to the balls!"

Bobby: "As long as it's not my balls, I'm good." Bobby laughed, but swore again when the vehicle accelerated and weaved sharply back and forth, right on their bumper. "I could ice the road behind us too, but..."

Lorna: "But that can get pretty messy for other people." She bit her bottom lip, thinking over whether or not it was a good idea to take flight.

Bobby: "Yeah, if it's just some retarded teenager fucking around..." The car surged forward again and Bobby knew one way to take care of the problem, punching the accelerator. "We are in a corvette, after all. Warp speed!"

Lorna: "This is one race we're going to absolutely kill in!" Millie was the car of the gods as far as Lorna was concerned and she took care of her accordingly. "Go, Bobby, go!" The car was still close by though as Lorna looked back.

Bobby: "Fuck..." He was getting concerned himself, even more so when the car caught up to them and cut around to their side.

Lorna: "Okay, I am really beginning to lean towards screw the witnesses and we fly on away from here."

Bobby: "I agree," he said, starting to get really nervous that they'd be run off the road. Bobby couldn't see inside the other car, other than to see it was dark and low to the ground. "Fuck this!" he yelped when the car swerved toward his side, nearly clipping the side mirror.

Lorna: Lorna didn't need anymore prodding, focusing her force as it were and lifting the car up and away. "Fucking crazy asshole!" The engine of the other car might also have suddenly had a few choice pieces ripped out of it as they got away.

Bobby: "Whoooooaaaaa!" Bobby jerked his hands from the wheel and twisted to look at the other car, wincing as it slowed and started to spin out. "Uhoh..."

Lorna: "Don't worry. This is like advanced level Frogger." Lorna guided the car through traffic as it died, getting it to the side of the road to better roll to a stop.

Bobby: "Hope they have Triple A," he laughed, sitting back and letting Lorna do the flying. "That was... way too fucking weird."

Lorna: "That was just...not cool." Lorna agreed, staring back at the car still. "I guess someone really doesn't like Thanksgiving, huh?"

Bobby: "Who hates Thanksgiving? I mean, turkey!" He looked again. Black, late model... something? It looked modern, but not like any model he was familiar with. Weird. "We're only avoiding on account of drama."

Lorna: "Hey, we're having our family Thanksgiving, burgers count!" Lorna defended this rather passionately as she wanted burgers. "That was pretty weird though...should we go back and see about them?"

Bobby: "We should have at least gotten the license number," he admitted, giving her a sheepish grin. "Bad secret agent."

Lorna: "...you don't think Jamie went and got himself a black car to do private eye practice in, do you?"

Bobby: Bobby laughed. "He's in deep shit if so, and if it was him, I should have iced the road. Serve him right to get a clown car full of dupes."

Lorna: "...that would be hilarious." Lorna knew she shouldn't laugh but she did, looking for where to sit the car back down. "Clear for landing?"

Bobby: Bobby rolled down the window and stuck his head out to look down, feeling rather like a shaggy dog. Something white caught the corner of his eye, however. "Bwuuuh?!"

Lorna: "Bwuuuuh what?" Lorna looked down as well. "...what the hell is that?" She started to lower the car, too curious to worry about onlookers.

Bobby: "It's... are we about to be anally probed?" Bobby leaned further out the window, teetering dangerously as the unidentified flying object loomed closer.

Lorna: "Don't say that." Lorna pulled a face as she glanced back at him. "And stay in your seat belt, if you fall out and anger our alien overlord it's on your head." It looked oddly familiar though. "Bobby...where's the parade route?"

Bobby: "Downtown. Why? ....oh my God, it's Snoopy!" Bobby very nearly did fall out at that.

Lorna: "How awesome is this?! I don't ever want to watch a parade from the ground again!" Lorna was just as excited but swayed the car to tilt Bobby's end up a bit more to keep him from spilling out too much.

Bobby: "Amen," he said, putting his hand on her stomach. "Can daddy get a high-five too, baby?"

Lorna: "I think you just got a foot." Lorna let him know, laughing at the little bump she felt.

Bobby: "Well, there's five there too, so that works!" Bobby grinned, then pulled a face. "Hopefully, anyway."

Lorna: "You never know, they could be webbed." She gave a chuckle, patting her stomach as well as she hovered towards their destination. "Should we drop Snoopy off first or should we just make sure he doesn't fly away?"

Bobby: He laughed, giving the baby a bro-foot before letting go to lean over the wheel and look down at the neon lights. "Let's make the night for the employees when they see Snoopy in the parking lot."

Lorna: "Aye, cap'n." Lorna lowered her car-slash-airship down into the parking lot, cringing a bit as Snoopy's paw crunched the top of a tree.

Bobby: "Any landing you can walk away from, eh?" He realized the car was still in gear and shifted to park, turning off the ignition. Jumping out of the car, he checked the knots on Snoopy then trotted around to open Lorna's door.

Lorna: Lorna made sure to make Millie a little extra gravitational so Snoopy wouldn't be carrying her away any time soon. "...I can't tell if this is technically theft or not." She chuckled, holding her arm out for him once she was out of the car.

Bobby: "Of course not! We're just stopping for a snack before return. You need your nourishment, after all." They walked arm-in-arm to the door and when he moved to open it he didn't need to. An employee inside who'd been loitering in the lobby was already hanging half out of the door, slack-jawed.

Lorna: "Yeah, that's what we were aiming for there." Lorna comment as she slipped by the mesmerized employee. "I think we've broken a few minds here, Sweetcheeks, now to break them of burgers."

Bobby: "Maybe we can get a sack for free." Heading for the counter, he rubbed his hands together and took in a deep breath. "Aaaaaaah, smell that grease!"

Lorna: "It is heaven sent!" Lorna breathed in the glorious smell of burgers, sidling up to the counter and ordering.

Bobby: Bobby chuckled when Lorna's green hair attracted as much attention as Snoopy, and had to snap his fingers at the employee to get her attention so he could order as well.

Bobby: Finally, the girl looked from Lorna to him and her eyes widened. She looked back and forth between them. "Oh my God!"

Lorna: "...I think we've startled her...are you okay?" Maybe it was burger madness being around all of the deliciousness yet not getting to eat until break time.

Bobby: "You guys're, like, famous, right?! Oh my God, Jenny! Come look!" The girl was starting to bounce as she called to the drive thru.

Lorna: Lorna glanced over to Bobby, giving him a confused look before glancing back to the girl as well. "Well...I guess so...sorta."

Bobby: Bobby chuckled and slid his arm around Lorna.

Bobby: Another teenager joined the first, and the door gawker came up beside him. "Whoa," he said, "you guys flew Snoopy here..."

Lorna: "Well...you can't just leave a lost dog bobbing along, right?" Lorna slid her arm around Bobby's waist, shrugging.

Bobby: "And you've got green hair! You're a mutant! Like... X-Men! ....women..." Counter Girl was pointing and then moved her finger to Bobby, then retracted it with a cocked head. "And aren't you dead?"

Lorna: "He got better." Lorna patted Bobby's back fondly. "He does that now and again but I don't think he should make a habit of it personally and yeah, that would be me." This was sort of nice, Lorna had to admit. They should rescue Snoopy more often.

Bobby: "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated," he nodded, giving Lorna a happy squeeze. "Clearly, the press release didn't make it to White Castle corporate office."

Bobby: "It was on the news, 'cause you're the icy one... when that crazy girl and the guy who made the killer tumbleweeds fought in... Israel? It was one of those sandy places." The girl nodded.

Lorna: "Yeah, Cairo...this one gets up to all kinds of shenanigans without me." Lorna teasingly poked Bobby's side, laughing. "Well, clearly we need to eat more of it so our press releases would reach them."

Bobby: "Deal." Bobby gave Lorna a smirk and finally ordered his burgers. "Think we should get some for Snoopy?"

Lorna: More burgers came their way and Lorna's hands rubbed together fiendishly before grabbing them up. "I'm sure he'll appreciate a delicious Thanksgiving dinner."

Bobby: "God bless us, everyone," Bobby snorted, helping Lorna carry the trays to their table.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/14 Instance: Lorna and Bobby go to White Castle

Post by puppygirl »

Amusing and shifty all at once!
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Lorby!!! :content

:shifty and very odd behaviour, I would say...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

You gotta get Jamie off of that crack.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict