11/17 Instance: Suspicious Chicken

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/17 Instance: Suspicious Chicken

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after On Thin Ice

Rachel: Rachel had squirmed for a while after Pietro had left but never actually succeeded in getting comfortable. She wasn't quite sure her head was supposed to twist that way, and there was a can digging into her ribs. Regardless, she'd eventually blacked out.

Fabian: "I'm going to warn you right now, this is going to be a bit of a challenge." Fabian felt it was best that Cecilia be well warned away from teaching him to cook; at least, not without a fire extinguisher in-hand. Nevertheless he stepped into the kitchen, sure it was about to be destroyed.

Cecilia: "Don't worry, Fab," she said easily. "My powers are great for smothering fires. I've done it a few times over Christmas in the past couple of years and probably will this year too." She smiled. "Besides, it's just chicken. It's hard to screw up."

Rachel: Shifting slightly, she was vaguely aware that she'd just bumped her elbow against the wall, which seemed wrong on some level. It was far too early to be awake though, so she settled back down and drifted off again.

Cecilia: Cecilia rummaged through the fridge for the chicken she'd put in to be defrosted earlier in the day. "You need to learn, Fab. Besides, it gives me a chance to be the teacher for a change. You're always teaching me new things. I should return the favour." Ahhh, yes, broccoli that'd go nice with the chicken.

Fabian: "You've all ready witnessed me screwing that up on my own, I believe." Fabian made his way to the pantry. "Though I don't really need to learn. I will though." The idea of life skills was a bit lost on Fabian but he did like knowing things enough to ignore that.

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted. "Well, why don't you think of it this way? If you cook a lady a nice meal, you might get lucky. And by 'a lady' I mean me. And by 'might' I mean you will. Hint, hint."

Rachel: It was like one of those dreams where you were falling, except when she woke up she realized she was actually falling and it wasn't out of bed.

Fabian: Fabian looked oddly disappointed as he had figured it would be much more difficult. "Lucky, hmm? Well, opportunities just fall out of the sk-shit!" He had opened the pantry door just in time for Rachel to flop out against him.

Cecilia: "Well, you'll have to do a bit more that's just the st- Jesus, fuck!" She yelped, jumping back.

Rachel: Rachel still wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but it was loud and hurt. She muttered a few choice words of her own and blinked, squinting against the light. ...Fabian? Oh god, what had she done? Then, nausea hit, and she was scrambling for the nearest trashcan.

Cecilia: "Oh Jesus," muttered Cecilia. "You scared the shit out of me!" She exclaimed to Rachel. She sighed. "Christ! I've heard of coming out of the closet, but I've never heard of coming out of the cupboard!"

Fabian: "Rachel...why were you in the pantry?" Fabian glanced in where she had tumbled out, just making sure there wasn't anyone else in there. "You okay?"

Rachel: She finished her business with the trashcan and flopped over on the floor, attempting to get her bearings. Kitchen. With Fabian and Cecilia. Right. The questions came through slowly, and she blew out a breath, brow furrowing as she debated answers. She had one that should explain it all. "I am so hungover."

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted. "Well, that explains a lot."

Fabian: "Did I miss a party?...can cooking lesson time be drinking lesson time as well. Cooking with booze is enough of a thing all ready it should go hand in hand; it'd be more fun. Right, ready to be up on your feet yet, Rachel?"

Cecilia: Cecilia thought a moment. "I don't see why not. But it should be a little better quality than beer or something." She thought a moment. "Do they have any wine?"

Rachel: "A party of one," Rachel spoke into her hands as she scrubbed at her face. Her neck and back hurt. "I think so... to both of those."

Fabian: "While I love wines there are plenty of quality beers in the world. Americans just do beer wrong." Fabian offered an arm to help Rachel up. "Well then, you get a stool and we get some wine."

Rachel: She muttered a thanks for the arm and stretched once she was on her feet, pulling a face. Her body should not be crackling like that. She plopped onto a stool, "I could go for wine."

Cecilia: Cecilia reached into the cabinet and handed Fabian the bottle. "You tell me if it's decent. I never had wine before I met you."

Fabian: "So, what were you celebrating for your party of one?" Fabian asked, looking over the bottle and nodding. Someone had some pretty decent stuff at least.

Cecilia: "Or was it not so much a party and more a kind of drown your sorrows thing?" Asked Cecilia. Well, why else would you drink alone?

Rachel: "Being single?" she suggested as she decided she felt up to getting a glass of water. It also felt way too soon for that joke. "...Yeah, it was definitely more a sorrow thing."

Cecilia: Cecilia looked away. "My condolences..." she said. "My mother was in the same position you are now seven years ago..."

Fabian: He winced, pouring their wine. "We're definitely all sorry for that. I swear if I had any idea he was going to do that I would have warned you...and you would have picked it out of my head even if I hadn't."

Cecilia: Cecilia eyed Fabian for a moment. She knew about his involvement with Essex but she didn't question him much on it. Partially out of respect but partially out of fear too. There were just some things she didn't want to know about that time in his life.

Rachel: "Well, you did tell me they had considered using him against me when I first spoke to you," she replied, sipping at her her water to bite back her first response to being in the same position. However, she was curious as to how someone dealt with it. ...Someone that wasn't her or Rogue. "Really?"

Fabian: Fabian glanced up, catching Cecilia's eye. Thank God for wine. He took a drink and decided that he'd attempt this cooking thing after all. "Yeah, I just...didn't expect he'd actually keep to that plan after everything."

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded at Rachel. "Really. My father died when I was eleven. Botched mugging," she explained, shrugging. "Don't worry I'm not gonna cry or anything. I'm not that big a pussy."

Cecilia: Cecilia returned Fabian's gaze, not looking away from him. "Do you not want me to hear this? I already know. All I lack is details..." She sighed.

Rachel: "I didn't think he would either, otherwise I imagine we would've been far more careful." Rachel made a face at the news of the mugging, "I'm sorry. That'd suck... which is an understatement because I've no idea what I'd do without my father. Also... I don' think I'll cry or anything, and I swear I don't make a habit of binge drinking. ...Sort of. It was just a rough day."

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged. "There's always bad days after that kind of thing. It's pretty normal. Or well, it was normal for my family. Sometimes you even have a bad few years," she chuckled, taking a sip from the bottle. "S'none of my business what you do in your spare time anyways."

Cecilia: "I survived," she shrugged. Well, that was debatable...

Fabian: "You can hear it." Fabian smiled a bit to Cecilia. "No reason why not, after all. It's all over and done with." Okay, so chicken...he got the skillet going and prepared to deal with that sort of thing.

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "If you say so. Some aren't so willing to let it die." And for God's sake, how she got so pissed at those people. She didn't need to be continually reminded that her boyfriend was a former Acolyte. She already damn well knew it.

Rachel: "I expected bad days, however I didn't plan on waking up to Fabian after passing out in the cupboard. I feel like I was coping fairly well up until that point," she sagely nodded, "As for those people, fuck them."

Cecilia: "I wasn't expecting to wake up to Fabian after Hallo'ween either, funny how things work out, huh?' Laughed Cecilia. "Uh...er it's not what it sounds like...I'm not like that..."

Fabian: "A lot of people don't expect to wake up to me but I've never heard any complaints so far." He assured Rachel, smirking wide as he said it. "And hey now, nobody would blame you if it was what it sounded like." Fabian couldn't help but pout a little bit, jokingly.

Cecilia: Cecilia smiled. "You're gonna have work for this, Fabian," she laughed, indicating herself. And frowned a bit at the 'lot of people.' She didn't want to hear that. Lalalala!

Cecilia: "Well, things don't just get better in a day," remarked Cecilia to Rachel. "It takes time...and never really goes away. I'm sorry if that's not comforting. But I'd rather tell the truth than be comforting."

Rachel: "It's fine. You're not telling me anything I hadn't already figured out," she managed a slight smile, deciding not to even comment on the waking up part. Her headache was big enough without stroking Fabian's ego.

Fabian: "Don't worry, I do good work." Fabian couldn't resist. His ego didn't need any outside stroking. "It's always best to deal with the truth. It'd only piss you off to get mollycoddled considering things I imagine."

Cecilia: Cecilia coloured a little at Fabian's comment. "Yeah, I had to see this social worker after my dad died," she said, leaning on the counter while talking to Rachel. "She was really annoying and she pissed me off to no end. It was always 'how does that make you feel' and 'that must be hard for you.'"

Cecilia: Cecilia rolled her eyes. "I fucking hated her. I kept thinking 'of course I'm upset you stupid bitch.' I...er, told her to fuck off...not such a good idea..."

Rachel: "I've had to see shrinks and shit, most of which I didn't care for. Guan was really the first one I spoke to, and it took me a long time to want to be there willingly," Rachel replied, setting the glass of water aside in favor of resting her head against the countertop.

Cecilia: Cecilia eyed Fabian's progress on the stove. So far nothing had burned...yet. Good. "I imagine Nur being dead makes something of a difference," she said. "For both of you. I mean, I didn't get any 'closure' as they say. The guy who did it got away in my father's case..."

Cecilia: "Well, I don't know that. Maybe he got picked up for something else...but it matters when the person responsible is punished...you don't think it would matter but it does."

Fabian: Fabian couldn't help but steal a glance to Rachel as the topic turned to Nur and closure to the two of them. He...wasn't entirely sure how to comment on that.

Rachel: "Sure, he's not out fucking around with plots to take over or experimenting on people, but... I didn't really get what I expected out of it," she gave a shrug, "It felt pretty hollow - like when Bobby told me Essex was dead. It doesn't change any of the shit he did or make it better."

Cecilia: "No...I suppose not..." Cecilia eyed Fabian. She had caught that glance..."At any rate, I'm glad we made it out alive. Nur was powerful...I was more than a little worried in Cairo," she continued.

Cecilia: "We were really slipping there for awhile. Sue and I kept dropping our shields, I thought for a minute we might not win and we'd all end of a smear on the ground," she said, eying Rachel. There was something up here. She could smell it. "But things just kinda...turned around at the last second..."

Fabian: "We should just be glad it didn't end any worse than it did, yes?" Fabian sniffed the air, muttering a quiet curse as something smelled off and turned the burners down. "All in all that fight went better than it could have."

Cecilia: Cecilia leveled a look at Fabian. 'I know you're hiding something' it screamed. 'And I'm going to find out whether you like it or not.' "Here," she said, taking the chicken and putting it on a plate. "Do you want some, Rachel?" She said, her tone purposely even.

Rachel: "Very glad." Rachel wasn't completely oblivious to the shift in tone or the fact Fabian was staring at her, however she didn't acknowledge either, "I'll see if I can stomach it."

Cecilia: Cecilia gave her grin that was a bit too sharp. "Same here." She gave Fabian this grin too. "Well, Fabi. Let's see how you've fared this time." Ack, it was...only slightly burned...well, that was better than last time.

Fabian: "Stomaching it might be a bit of a chore." Fabian just gave Cecilia a shrug at all of her looking, plating up the food and deciding that there needed to be more wine.

Cecilia: Cecilia shrugged. "Meat is meat." She really didn't have much issue with a little bit of burnt chicken. "We'll keep practicing."

Rachel: She moved to sit up once more and eyed the plate of food, "If it makes you feel any better, this is fantastic compared to my cooking skills."

Fabian: "Does that mean I can say my cooking is now a success?" He looked to Cecilia, hoping.

Cecilia: Cecilia smiled warmly. "It's a start."