11/19 Instance: It's Not Safe To Go Alone

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/19 Instance: It's Not Safe To Go Alone

Post by Ferguson »

Timeline Note: Before Instance – 'First Name Basis', after Instance – 'Language Barriers'

<@Hisako> Sighing as she entered her room, Hisako got on her knees and picked up the broken picture frame, looking at it with a little sadness in her heart. Her father's face smiled back, making her frown as she lay down her bokken and looked around her colourful room.

<@Hisako> Her posters, depicting various Anime characters, all seemed too happy to make her feel comfortable when she reviewed the disrepair of her room from her mother's little outburst the day before. Anger quelled in her heart as she remembered what had happened to put her in the situation she was in at that moment.

<Noriko> Noriko finished her tea and left the others with O'ren exiting with a quick bow to go find Hisako and see if she needed help packing or, in fact, really even wanted to leave *today*. Walking the way she'd seen Hisako go she followed the only other noises in the house to a broken door.

<Noriko> Knocking gently she waited patiently to see if the girl wanted company.

<@Hisako> With an irritated huff, Hisako stood, turned, and opened the door, giving Noriko the most patronizing blank face she could manage. <"Yes?">, she decided to speak in her national tongue to the only person she'd probably meet in her new school who could even grasp it.

<Noriko> Noriko just raised an eyebrow at the look without saying anything she was probably the older one here and was going to act like it. "I came to check if you were ok and if you needed help packing, I'm sorry about Melati's comment she can be a little rash at times."

<@Hisako> <"How you put up with these people is admirable.">, Hisako shrugged, looking back on the damage in her room, <"You can come in, but ask before you touch everything.">, she backed off and slid the door open some more, looking away with a little blush - she felt awfully exposed, letting someone into her space so readily.

<Noriko> <Thank you. Melati is a good person when you get to know her, she just hates jobs where she doesn't get to go out and fight bad guys that's all, plus we made her fly all the way here.> Smiling a little and stepping into the room, looking at the broken photographs she decided to stand by the door and not intrude to much.

<@Hisako> Hisako dragged a suitcase from beneath her bed and lifted it (with some effort) onto her bed, opening it up, <"She's a terrible leader. Leaders lead by example; she is a bad example.">, she walked over to her cupboard, back still to Noriko, and started sifting through clothes.

<Noriko> Noriko kept quiet at that she wasn't going to bad mouth her friend or defend the attitude. <You know if you want a few days to think, pack and say good bye we can come back and pick you up you know. We don't want it to be like we here to drag you away to some random place you've never even seen.>

<@Hisako> <"So my Mother can have me taken away to somewhere because her boyfriend is a bastard who wanted to rape her daughter?">, Hisako scoffed, throwing a few dresses and tops into the suitcase, <"She always defends his pig-headed idiocy. She probably thinks I flirted with him. Disgusting man...">

<Noriko> Noriko winced at that. <I see now why you thought it was the police at the door.> Silence for a few minutes once more as she watched the girl honestly wishing she was a little more friendly because it'd be nice to have someone at the school to talk normally with. <If you want to bring that up with Xavier himself, I'm sure he'd help make sure the man gets prosecuted.>

<@Hisako> <"So I could stay here? Go to a Prison-School?">, she turned around, meeting Noriko's eyes with a cold stare, <"You were right about one thing, Ashida; our country is Hell for Mutants. And now, I have no better option.">, she went to a set of drawers, removing tights and the like and tossing them over her shoulder into the suitcase.

<Noriko> <No I'm not saying get Xavier to help and stay here, but if he were in prison you would be safe to visit your family here at least.> Chewing on her lip a little as she got stared at for a moment. <I got to walk around that prison school before I came to Xavier's, I never told anyone I had. But I'm glad I came to Xavier's now.>

<@Hisako> Hisako noted her reaction to her own sentence, sighing again before turning to her, <"....it was bad, wasn't it? We discussed them in an Ethics class once. Some of the people said some mean things. That Mutants deserve less.">, her mouth formed a small frown, <"...for what little it's worth, I am grateful for something better.">

<Noriko> <I am lucky, I was registered and about to go when Xavier himself rang up and offered me a place. My mutation being what it was I was very.... publicised when I manifested. Some people thought I'd have deserved to go there not to Xavier's.>

<Noriko> Noriko continued chewing her lip but she was grateful for the fact Hisako knew that she was getting something better then a prison to contain her. <At least at Xavier's if you lose control no one shouts or punishes you, people generally just make silly jokes about it.>

<@Hisako> <"Lose control?">, Hisako raised her eyebrow at that, <"I....hope that doesn't happen to me.">, she wondered for a moment about her ability - she didn't even really know what it was: force fields?

<Noriko> Noriko had the decency to blush, she wasn't going to mention the memory loss right now but she'd had her powers explained to her now. <I absorb electrical energy from my environment constantly, if I get over charged I tend to lose control and discharge the energy through a local electrical circuit or the floor.>

<Noriko> Rubbing the blush a little she hid behind her now long hair. <Sometimes because of that I lose control, it happens to other mutants to.>

<@Hisako> Hisako nodded, <"Some Mutants can't help it.">, she looked saddened by the fact, her eyes offering a tell-tale glance to the damaged photo of her father lying beside the suitcase, <"Well, whatever. Can't tell the future.">, she walked past Noriko and lifted a Dakimakura pillow from a swivel-chair beside her desk, placing it into the suitcase and forcing it down, struggling to zip it up.

<Noriko> <No they can't but I was getting better till some people like the ones that made the prison messed it up for me.> Stepped over to the suitcase she smiled a little. <Would you like some help?>

<@Hisako> <"....yes.">, Hisako moved to one side, <"If you just grab that zipper...">, she pointed to the other zip.

<Noriko> Putting her hand on top of the suitcase she helped force it down and brought her zipped round to half close the suitcase. <There we go!>

<@Hisako> At that, Hisako couldn't help but smile a little, <"Thank you, Ashida.">, she moved away and picked up a black hold-all bag, starting to gather up personal affects: books, a few of her favourite anime models, a pink PS Vita, among other various things, <"Is it....good there? At Xavier's?">, she struggled a little on that particular English word.

<Noriko> <I like the lessons a lot honestly and there's plenty of little clubs to join in school and out, I've made a lot of friends there and even my boyfriend Ankka." She very nearly struggled on the word but he was her boyfriend, she just had to remember him.

<@Hisako> Hisako noted that she appeared uncomfortable with that word, <"You have doubts about that boy?">

<Noriko> <I'll be honest with you, there have been some bad moments at the school, but always caused by the mutants haters or such, but you'll find them no matter were you go though. Otherwise I love it there.>

<@Hisako> <"Whatever. Not as bad as Japan.">, she frowned back, shrugging before looking up at a knock at her door. O'ren, her grandmother, came in, holding something that made Hisako gasp in disbelief.

<Noriko> She shuffled her feet a little. <I don't doubt Ankka at all, I just.... something happened to me that I don't want to go over, but it's left me with memory loss that I'm recovering from, unfortunately I just don't remember him very well.> Head coming round to look at the entering grandmother.

<@Hisako> <"Everyone gets along?">, O'ren smiled at the two. Hisako stood and patted down her skirt, taking a little side-step away from Noriko, <"I think it best you take this.">, she handed Hisako a long, slender katana in its scabbard. Its Ivory carved hilt seemed impossibly pale against the jet black wood of its scabbard; the blade guard a weather-burnished copper.

<@Hisako> <"....I cannot accept that!">, Hisako flushed, bowing her head and averting her eyes to the ground.

<Noriko> Noriko saw the family sword and bowed her head, her own was an old family just not one high enough to have their own sword, she shouldn't be here to witness a sword being passed down lack of ceremony or not!

<@Hisako> O'ren sighed, <"You are both so dramatic! Stand up!">, she nudged Hisako's head with the sword's hilt, <"You are the only child left of the Ichiki family, so the sword must be entrusted to you. I will not have it here so that an ignorant man like Taku can pawn it away!">

<@Hisako> Hisako looked up, then to Noriko, as if to ask her what she thought about it.

<Noriko> Noriko spotted the look and rubbed her cheek again. <The school won't mind you having it I guess if it stays in your room and you don't use it on anyone, and by the sounds of it your family sword might be safer with you protecting it...>

<@Hisako> <"T-the Samidare...">, Hisako trembled as she took it from her grandmother, <"...t-thank you so much, Mother.">, she blinked a tear out, grabbing the old lady in a tight hug and sobbing gently into her chest. O'ren patted her back, gesturing Noriko outside.

<@Hisako> <"Tell your friends Hisako is ready.>, she smiled reassuringly.

<Noriko> Noriko nodded and quickly left the room without another word to leave the family in peace for a few moments, darting downstairs to tell the group they had a new student.