11/27 Instance: Breaking The News

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/27 Instance: Breaking The News

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after [Instance]The Sinister Spider-May.

Cecilia: Cecilia walked down to the girl's hallway towards May and Sue's room, skin smelling strongly of disinfectant and hair still wet from the decontamination shower AND the second shower she'd had in the dorm on top of that. Trying to think of how to tell Sue the bad news. For some reason they didn't exactly cover the possibility of telling someone's significant other that their girlfriend had transformed into a spider in field medicine.

Cecilia: Cecilia knocked briskly on the door. "Sue, are you in? It's Cecilia, we need to talk."

Sue: "Yeah... one sec..." Sue went to open the door, her gerbil floating behind her in a bubble and trying to get out. "Feeding time..." she explained.

Cecilia: Cecilia paled at the words 'feeding time.' "Oh..." She said. "Uh...yeah. Sue...I...You might want to take a seat..." Fuck, how to approach this?

Sue: Sue blinked at her, "Take a seat? What for?" she dropped the gerbil back in its tank and slammed the lid down before it could escape, replacing the text books that usually sat on it.

Cecilia: Cecilia took a deep breath. "Look, Sue. There isn't a good way to say this so I'm just gonna say it. Mayday's...had some sort of medical emergency relating to her mutation. She's in containment."

Sue: Sue stared, "What? What do you mean some sort of emergency? What happened? Why is she in containment? Is she okay?!" Sue started for the door.

Cecilia: Cecilia blocked Sue's way out with a hand on the door. "Sue, McCoy's working on her right now. You can't see her, he'll just kick you out. But she's alive, she's going to live or so he tells me," she said evenly. "If you stay here I'll tell you everything you want to know, alright?"

Sue: "I want to know she's alright! Tell me what happened." She went to feed Cinnamon for May because it was feeding time for the spider too and May would obviously not be doing it herself.

Cecilia: Cecilia decided to do this cold and clinical. While it was not the way doctors usually broke this kind of news, it was the only way she could do this without breaking down into tears. "She's...she's not really alright, Sue." She admitted. "Basically a few hours ago, Mayday walked in on me and Fabian in the recroom. She was chasing the school cat and looked like she'd spent a night on the streets."

Cecilia: "She was...not mentally sound. She started getting abusive and screaming about how she needed to eat something...alive." She swallowed hard. "She started convulsing and hemorrhaging so we dragged her down to the medbay..."

Cecilia: Cecilia took a shaky breath. "She...underwent some sort of metamorphosis into some sort of...human-spider hybrid and attacked both me and Fabian. We had to used tranquilizer darts to take her down. After that we...put her in containment for the safety of the student body. McCoy's treating her now but she's in really bad shape..." Cecilia looked distraught. "I'm so sorry, Sue...I just thought you should know..."

Sue: "Oh God..." Sue shook her head, running a hand through her hair. "I have to go and see her... I can't just sit here..."

Cecilia: "McCoy won't let you in," said Cecilia shaking her head. "Once he's done with her then you might have a shot at seeing her." Cecilia looked away. "But keep in mind, when you do go, she's...Christ, she doesn't even look human anymore..."

Sue: "I don't care if he probably won't let me in! I've got to try!" She moved for the door again, pulling it open despite Cecilia being mostly in the way.

Cecilia: "Sue DON'T! She has multiple arms and eight eyes like a spider!" She said, chasing after her. "Her teeth and skin colour have also changed! You can't just walk in there unprepared you'll have a heart attack!"

Sue: "I'll be fine! It's not going to get any easier the longer I wait and I can't just sit around and do nothing."

Cecilia: Cecilia sighed and followed her, she couldn't really blame her, it's not like they'd be able to keep her away if it was Fabian. "I'll come with you then, I've...seen her before. It might be easier with someone else there."

Sue: Sue stopped and turned around. "I don't want anyone else there."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised her hands. "Are you sure?" She asked. "It's...quite the shock..." She didn't know what to do though. It wasn't as if she could just force her company on Sue. "She's my friend too, Sue. My closest female friend. I care about her as well. Even if it isn't the same way you do."

Sue: "That's lovely. But I'm sure if it was the other way around you'd want to deal with this how you want to deal with it and not have to worry about another person. I'm more than capable of taking care of myself and I think if I can deal with my baby brother catching on fire when he manifested then I can handle my spider powered girlfriend looking more spidery than usual. Thank you very much."

Cecilia: Cecilia had to bite down hard on her tongue to avoid saying something sharp and slightly bitter that she'd later regret. "Fine. I know when I'm not wanted." It's nearly all the time. "I was just trying to help and let you know what was going on and now it's done, so I'll go." She turned away and wandered off towards her room.

Sue: Sue scowled after her for a moment then turned on her heel and stalked off to the medlab. She could deal with this on her own. She was stronger than people gave her credit for... though it would have been nice if Johnny was more available...
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 11/27 Instance: Breaking The News

Post by TechPrincess »

OK is it bad that my first thought was "Jess should have dated May?"
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

I think it's worse that my first thought was "Sue better take a rolled up newspaper along."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Sue, you'll need this, hon.

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Here are some instructions for how to best deal with this scenario.

For more information, please contact Neena Thurman Riley at Scarlet Domino Vineyards: 302 Whipple Rd. Apple Valley, California 92307.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS