Semester Twenty Teaser: Thus Saith The Lord

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Game Administrator
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Voice of the Game

Semester Twenty Teaser: Thus Saith The Lord

Post by Game Administrator »

<Kraven> "Then Jesus said unto them: 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.'" Kraven held up his trusty knife, that had killed man and animal alike over the years.

<Kraven> "Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him."

<Dr. Rott> "Congratulations, my scruffy looking fellow. You've managed to spout more impenetrable nonsense than I've had to endure during my entire time at college." The good Doctor Rottwell was busy folding his napkin, then unwrap it, before folding it again. "No offense, though." He chuckled. "Geeze, where are my table manners? It must be obvious it's been a while since I was invited to dinner."

<Quentin> Both of them were full of shit but Quentin wasn't about to question a good deal when he had it. He may know he was better than both of these pretentious douchebags but they were useful. He would never be able to sell the amount of kick he does without them, after all.

<Quentin> He was not putting on the hat, however. "What's on the menu tonight?"

<Dr. Rott> "The catch of the day, or so I've heard," he replied and shot the young man with the outrageous hair a grin.

<Kraven> "What else could there be but fish, boy?" He sunk the knife deep into the now excavated chest of the fish-mutant boy lying on the table in front of him. He dropped pieces of the flesh onto plates. "Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me."

<Kraven> "It is a small one, this boy, but it will have to suffice. I have yet to master the multiplication of fish and bread like our Lord's son." Somehow, though, his voice seemed to imply that it wasn't for lack of trying.

<Quentin> Ahha, the kid he found down near the library on seventh a week or so back. Well, now it was time to see if he did still taste fishy. Quentin glanced down the rows of people who had ate up this story and found himself wondering if there was something to it after all. "So, some of these old geezers going to grow gills one of these days?"

<Dr. Rott> "Who knows? Maybe they will." Picking up his fork, Rotwell gave it a thorough polish with his napkin, before doing the same with his knife. "Or they'll just develop a degenerative cerebral condition. Nature has a funny sense of humor like that."

<Dr. Rott> He pointed his knife at Quire. "What I can tell you, however, is that sometimes having a firm faith is all that it needs to end up with sheerly wondrous result. Just look at our friend here." He nodded in Kraven's direction. "Do you think he'd leave the house looking like that if he didn't truly believe he's on a mission from his big sky daddy?"

<Kraven> "This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink, in remembrance of me." He lifted a cup from under the table that had been used to collect the blood and gave it to the person next to him.

<Kraven> "Faith is all that can save us from the abominations in the face of God. It will carry us through the war to come, my friends."

<Kraven> He closed his eyes, remembering his scripture: "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ."

<Quentin> "Well...amen." Quentin raised his glass and drank, knowing full well that his wine wasn't just wine. Everything here had a tinge of mutant and, really, it made him feel as if he was somehow even more a cannibal than everyone else in the room.

<Quentin> But if this fish kid they were having now was dumb enough to get caught in this trap he obviously wasn't on the same level as Quentin himself.

<Dr. Rott> "Ooh, did you hear that? War. Now doesn't that sounds exciting." He was grinning and almost bounced in his chair. "I feel like a little boy again who just got his first set of medical instruments on Christmas day."

<Kraven> "Oh, that reminds me..." He lifted his knife again and sliced tenderly, almost lovingly, through the neck of the body lying sprawled out in front of him.

<Kraven> He held up the head. "Do you want to have a look at its gills?"

<Quentin> He could see the gills from here and he didn't really care about having another look so he would gladly leave that to the good doctor. "Well, it is what we're waiting for, isn't it? Do it right, not like that Nur guy. Galactus above all...and God and all that." He tacked on the last bit quickly as to avoid working up Kraven leaving such things out.

<Dr. Rott> Rottwell perked up at his place, eying the bloody organ across the table. "Ooh, can I have that," he asked. "This is just the perfect gift for my cat. You see, my old one got it into its mind to catch the carp in my pond, and so it drowned..."

<Kraven> He rolled the head over the table towards the doctor, then he rose his cup.

<Kraven> "My brethren, after tonight, Galactus shall come forth, each of you a glittering star of faith on the firmament of wickedness and darkness. I release you with one final salute..."

<Kraven> "Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. "

<Kraven> He took a sip, and then, from bloodied lips he spew forth.

<Kraven> "Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

<Kraven> "For this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord! And their righteousness is of me. Saith. The. Lord!"
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: Semester Twenty Teaser: Thus Saith The Lord

Post by Chaos »

( OnO) BRIX. WERE. SHAT.

It's gonna get HHHECTIC. xD
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Hurray! Brix! I enjoy brix being shat.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

NEED HISAKO UP IN THIS BITCH. ;3; When Kraven's around, you know things are about to get TANGY.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

"Sir, your derangement is impressive."

And yes, bricks were shat here too.
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Murphy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murphy »

Holy shitsnacks!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Cannibalism and cultist oh my!

You guys sure do know how to make me happy :love
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"