1/29 Instance: That's Totally Grey

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

1/29 Instance: That's Totally Grey

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: Brushing some snow from the tabletop to the ground, Rachel tried to clear the space as best she could before taking a seat on the relatively clear surface of the picnic table on the patio, cigarette between her lips. Once she was settled, she lit up and checked her phone, somewhat disappointed there wasn't a message. She supposed this would be a moment to call one of her parents, but... Ugh...

Eddie: "Aha. There she is...", came the voice of Eddie Brock from above, followed with a sudden thud as he landed crouched in the snow. He stood up straight, adjusting the collar of his sweeping black coat and kicking one leg against the other to get the snow off, turning to the redhead he was looking for.

Eddie: "....oh, no. Wait...", he sighed, "Oh, fucking hell! She's the one with the long-! Fuck's sake...", he shook his head, "And that entry was so dramatic, too..."

Rachel: Rachel about lost her phone to the snow at the voice but managed to recover, placing it in her pocket to avoid that happening again. She considered the guy over a drag, grinning slightly because this did save her from speaking to her parents, "Did you just mistake me for Mayday's girlfriend?"

Eddie: Eddie shrugged, "You look so alike!", he blinked, "N-not that gay people look alike, that'd be racist! Or....would it...?", looking down at his hands he pondered that, "...c-can I even BE racist?", he shook his head again, "Whatever. Anyway! Glad I caught you actually.", he pointed at her with a smirk on his face.

Eddie: "Heard you're neckin' on with Paige.", he scratched his nose with the previously outstretched finger, "Heh....'spretty cool."

Rachel: "I'm not g--" Rachel cut herself off and brought the cigarette to her lips again, amending after another drag, "Okay, yeah, a little... I mean, I guess dating Paige means I am..."

Eddie: "....how would that not mean that?", he snorted, approaching her and slipping his hands into his pockets, "Adjusting to life here in all respects, eh, Rachel?"

Rachel: "It is a bit of an adjustment," Rachel admitted with a slight grin, reaching into her pocket to pull out the pack and holding it out in offering, "For everyone, apparently."

Eddie: Raising a hand, Eddie declined, "Nah, thanks: part of my 'be a better person' skit: I gave it up.", he returned the hand to his pocket, "So...you power...", his eyes darkened slightly as he scanned over her.

Rachel: Rachel simply gave a shrug, pocketing the pack again. Blinking, she looked up to him as she tapped some ash to the ground, "What about it?"

Eddie: "Is it in check now?", he asked simply, possibly sounding harsher than he'd meant to.

Rachel: "Well, no one's fallen over with their brain oozing from their nose, so I'd say so."

Eddie: Eddie smirked at that, "Fantastic stuff. Makes a difference from mutilating helpless innocent people, I'll bet(!)", his smirk faded again, "Look, you're dating Paige now. Paige Guthrie."

Rachel: After a long drag, Rachel stuck the butt in some snow next her, "Yeah, I keep track of who I'm dating far better than all the helpless, innocent people I mutilated."

Eddie: Stepping forward to meet her, Eddie scowled, "Listen, Phoenix, or whatever your name isn't anymore, you can consider this a warning from one super-badass to another. Ready to hear it?"

Rachel: She slid off the table to stand, not at all intimidated by the height difference as she looked up at him, meeting his gaze with a cold stare, "I'm waiting, Venom."

Eddie: "I don't trust you.", he said plainly, "Because all you proved with your little skit is how if you're pushed, you'll murder innocent people. I very well may never trust you, and that will never go in your favour.",

Eddie: Eddie removed a hand from his pocket, flexing a fist, "Now I've no real love for Jason. God knows I've stood outside that medical room imagining pulling the plug on that arrogant sonofabitch many a time, but the fact you would? Doesn't buy you points either. You're a killer, Grey. A killer who's being shown a fuck ton of sympathy..."

Rachel: "You think I don't know that I'm a murderer, that I'm getting sympathy I definitely don't deserve, or that people don't trust me and probably never will because I don't deserve that either?" Rachel raised an eyebrow, her own fists clenching, "Do you really think any of those are worse than being told I have an excuse because I'm some poor, grieving widow?"

Rachel: She paused to take a breath, "Or are you going to tell me something I haven't heard?"

Eddie: "Yeah. I am.", Eddie folded his arms, "I'm a hundred percent for the whole 'Paichel' thing. Or whatever people are calling it. But I know what you've done before, and if you hurt her? I will hunt you down, Rachel.",

Rachel: Rachel deflated a bit, pulling a face, "We have some horrible joining of our names?" She hated students. "If I hurt her, I imagine you'll have to take a number."

Eddie: Eddie raised a finger, "I should say, compared to the rest of the assholes here? Adam, Rogue etcetera, who've all done the same? I trust you the most. But if you consider harming anyone, especially Paige, I will slice your damn clit off, staple it to a pigeon..."

Eddie: He took a deep breath, "I will feed that pigeon to a shark, and then? I'll kill you."

Rachel: "What exactly have I done to earn that small amount of trust?" she wondered, snorting at the threat. She knew she should probably be taking it seriously, but there was no stopping the laughter, "That would be... kind of an awesome death, however I don't plan on hurting her."

Eddie: "I like you, Grey.", Eddie smiled a little, "I do. And I'm....really fucking trying to look past this stuff, but Rach, those people are dead. Criminals or not, that isn't us, Rach. That isn't what X-ers do."

Rachel: "I never really wanted to be an X-man, not after the first go with Essex," Rachel admitted, shaking her head, "I just... I wanted a normal life," she gave a shrug, managing a small smile in return, "But that's all shot to hell now, so I guess I'll have to adjust to the idea."

Eddie: Eddie sighed, "We don't choose our destiny, we just have to embrace that with great power comes great responsibility.", he put a hand on her shoulder, "I know it hurt, but Rachel, some of those people....it wasn't their fault. And I know how it must feel. Believe me, I do."

Rachel: "Yeah, I know it wasn't. I knew they didn't deserve any of it. I just didn't care at the time. But..." Rachel worried her lip, looking down to the ground and back up to him after a moment, "I'm working on getting past all of it, and Paige is a big part of that. She's just... She's everything I'm not, y'know?"

Eddie: "Heh...I know that feeling, too. Not that I see much of my girlfriend at the minute, but....yeah. I get you.", Eddie smiled a little wider, nudging her arm gently, "Seriously, you're probably the second most penitent person I've seen about all this, and although it's a lot to forgive....", he took a deep breath, "...I'm...sure that in time..."

Rachel: Stuffing her hands in her pockets, Rachel gave him a smug grin, "You'll forgive me because I'm a total badass that's going to try to make up for everything while getting the hottest girl ever?"

Eddie: He tried to keep his smile, "...I can't forget, but....yeah. Yeah, I think I can be adult enough to...", he nodded, "Yeah. Just treat her right, ok? Also, if you have any issues with people being negative, let me know."

Rachel: "You'd have to be some sort of soulless monster to treat Paige anything but right, and I like to think I'm not," Rachel answered, adding, "I also like to think I can handle my issues, but I suppose giving some extra incentive wouldn't hurt. Thanks, Eddie."

Eddie: "Well, I'm all about helping.", Eddie shrugged, "Some people don't think so though. You know, like that Jessica chick. Shame, she's really attractive, just....little too far up her own arse to take what I say with a pinch of salt."

Rachel: "I don't really know her, but I can see that," Rachel nodded and moved to retake her seat, debating whether she should have another smoke or not.

Eddie: Eddie shrugged, "Aaah, I have that affect on people. You know, in the eyes of some, I'm the asshole? Can you even imagine?", he scoffed, "I don't go around beating up lesbians and starting extra-curricular sociopath guilds. No offense."

Rachel: "Oh, no. I can't see that at all," she smirked, "And, we won't get into the extra-curricular activities."

Eddie: "Fair play.", he slipped his hands back into his pockets, "Alright, unless you wanna have a fight or something else manly - if, you know, your lesbian blood needs that - then I guess we're square.", he winked at her, stepping towards the door, "Give 'er one for me, eh, Grey?"

Rachel: "With the amount of pink I'm surrounded by on a daily basis, I probably do... except I don't want to have my ass kicked, so I'll pass," Rachel decided as she shook another cigarette from the pack, shooting him a mock salute, "Will do."