2/5 Instance: Transparent Closet

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

2/5 Instance: Transparent Closet

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined after [Instance]Betty & Veronica.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at the ceiling of her dorm room as she lay on her bed, feeling a tad down. Her talk with Mayday had been less than uplifting and then there was Hisako and her issues with God-knew-what. She really needed some time away, she just hoped Fabian was up for some kind of getaway or she might be stuck in depressionland until Valentine's Day.

<@Sue> Sue was beyond angry at what she'd found on her occasional online checks. Having finally tracked down the culprit, Sue marched to her room and rapped sharply on the door.

<Cecilia> "Door's open!" Cecilia said, still staring at the ceiling. She sincerely hoped this wasn't Hisako, she really didn't need any more shit. She sat up though as someone much blonder came in. Speak of the Devil. "Hi Sue..." she said, a bit suspiciously.

<Cecilia> Christ she looked pissed off, though Cecilia couldn't think of what she'd done to earn it. Unless Sue had somehow heard about her and Mayday's conversation. Then she might seriously be in deep shit. "...What're you doing here?"

<@Sue> "Hi? You don't think 'sorry' might be a little bit more appropriate?" Sue put her hands on her hips, her eyes narrowed at the other girl.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed Sue a little fearfully. The last time someone had demanded an apology from her she'd been punched in the face. Should she be shielding up or something? "...That's depends. What am I apologizing for?" She said, getting up into a more defensible position, just in case.

<@Sue> "You outed me on the internet! THE INTERNET!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia gave Sue a confused look. "What as a mutant?" She frowned, she had no fucking idea what this was about. "It's sorta common knowledge, Sue. Your face was on national television last semester with the whole Apocalypse cluster-fuck."

<@Sue> "No, Cecilia. As a lesbian." Sue folded her arms, not that it would stop her doing any damage to Cee or her possessions if she really wanted to.

<Cecilia> "Oh...OH!" Cecilia laughed a little. "What you mean on the stupid fansite thing?" Cecilia gave her an odd look. "How did you even know it was me?" She would be impressed...if she weren't sure Sue was going to try and kill her.

<@Sue> "I asked around. Didn't take long... and, honestly, I'm not surprised it was you, I don't know any bigger busy body in the whole school."

<Cecilia> "Busy body?!" Cecilia laughed incredulously. Someday her laughter at inappropriate times was going to be the end of her. It was a curse, nervous laughter. "How am I a busy body?"

<Cecilia> "And hold on, back up just a minute...isn't the fact that you're gay common knowledge as well?"

<@Sue> "Sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong. That's exactly what a busybody is. And no. It is not. Not outside of the school. And I'll thank you not to go blurting out my personal business for the whole world to see! It was bad enough when Hope outed me to my parents but now you have to tell everyone else? Don't I get to choose when? Shouldn't that be up to me?"

<Cecilia> "Well, Jesus, I'm sorry!" Cecilia said a little defensively, wondering if she'd end up on Youtube as well. "I didn't know, it's not like I was given a memo or something!"

<Cecilia> Another thought occurred to her then. "Do you seriously trawl through the internet looking for comments that imply you might be a lesbian? What the hell? Are you seriously that ashamed? Sue, it's time to get a grip. Everyone who sees you holding hands and being affectionate with Mayday is gonna know. It's not rocket science."

<Cecilia> "What happened to all that LGBT pride and shit?" Cecilia asked, raising an eyebrow. "It's 2016, not 1956. Wake up!"

<@Sue> "You shouldn't have to be! It's not your place to go putting that information out online! It has nothing to do with you, it's none of your damn business and, frankly, it's incredibly insensitive!" She ignored the question about what she searched for online because, in her opinion, it was a stupid ass question. "In case it escaped your notice, which it obviously did, we're not overly affectionate when we're out in the field."

<@Sue> She ran a hand through her hair, "So your flimsy argument is invalid." She glared at her, "And don't you dare 'Gay Pride' at me. If I'm not ready for my family to know what the hell makes you think I want the whole world knowing? And, I'm going to say it again: It's no one's fucking business but mine and May's!"

<Cecilia> "Why not?" Cecilia said, a little bit offended, though she wasn't sure why. "To all of that, I mean. Why not be affectionate? Why not have the whole world know? It's not a fucking crime to love someone. Just because people know your sexual orientation doesn't mean they know every detail about you. Jean-Paul's not hiding anything and he's doing fine."

<Cecilia> Wait, she knew what it was. "What's the matter? Don't want to be a minority 24/7? Must be nice, comfy. You're as white as you can get, you're not a visible mutant. Happy Uncle Tom-ing it up?"

<@Sue> "You don't know what you're talking about! And you're completely missing the fucking point. It is not your place to say whether or not its time someone came out of the closet! I was already forced into it before I was ready once and my parents still aren't talking to me. So thank you very much for making my life that much more fucking unbearable you selfish bitch." Sue turned for the door.

<Cecilia> "Excuse me?" Cecilia laughed wildly. "Just who the fuck do you think you're speaking to?! Have you looked at me lately? Can you name five more people that look like me off the top of your head that go to this school? Lady, I know more about it than you even do, because unlike most people here, I was born like this!"

<Cecilia> "I'll didn't mean to out you, for that I apologize. But I fail to see why this is such an issue. It's fine! Nobody here cares your gay! I don't. As for your parents, well, fuck 'em. What do they know?"

<@Sue> "Oh boohoo, poor little black girl from the block! This is not the same thing! This is not your life you're fucking with! Jesus! How are you not getting this?!" She ran a hand through her hair again, "It isn't even about that! The point is that it was my choice not anyone else's! It's my personal business and I fucking care that now everyone knows and my own family can't even accept it."

<@Sue> "It must be so nice for you to have a family that isn't middle class and white and all about appearances. It must be so wonderful that they're so accepting of all of your life choices and you still get to get up on your high horse and dictate how other people live because you get to throw your poverty and ethnicity at them to get them to shut up when they tell you to mind your own business."

<@Sue> "I don't have that luxury. My life is all about appearances. Johnny's the boy, he gets to be an ass and show off and get in trouble and get away with it. I don't have that. I have to be well behaved, sweet, innocent, hard working Sue. And Hope ruined that image before I had time to prepare my parents so this? This is just salt in the wound. And you can't even see how much damage you've done because you're too busy focusing on the politics!"

<Cecilia> "How are you not getting this?!" She fired back. "No, it's not the same thing. It's worse and yeah, my family's been pretty great and thank God for that or I might've blown my brains out a long time ago. 'Cause living in near destitution was a real party."

<Cecilia> "And I will play my card, thanks very much," said Cecilia, sitting back down on her bed. "Especially when you start emo-ing at me about all your first world problems and how terrible it was to have a wonderful life with cake and birthday parties and all the opportunities in the world!"

<Cecilia> "Only you dictate what you will be. You don't have to be anything except what you want. Your family doesn't make you." Or so she hoped. "And if your parents dumped you so easily, were they really worth having? Sorry, but you seem like you're better off without them."

<@Sue> "Well I'm not! I love my mum and dad and I miss the relationship I had with them before Hope dropped that bomb. I don't have any other family except Johnny and I barely see him because he's with her all the time. I'm so sick and tired of everyone telling me I'm better off or 'oh at least they know'. It's not the point!"

<@Sue> "Obviously you're never going to get it because your big mouth makes sure you tell everyone everything before they can beat you to it. But I'm a very private person. I believe my business is my business and I believe I should have the oportunity to share it or not to share it at my own discretion. So, in future, I would be grateful if you'd just keep your mouth shut about things that don't concern you."

<Cecilia> "Well fine, then. I will," said Cecilia, cracking open a book. "You're better off with people who treat you like crap because of something so small as your sexual orientation?" Cecilia shook her head. "If you say so."

<Cecilia> "Guess I'm real dumb for actually having some self-respect and not wanting to be around people who constantly bring me down." She rolled her eyes behind the cover of her book. "Which you are right now. So thank you for making my day shit as well."

<@Sue> "You brought this on yourself. And I'm not going to apologise for wanting to fix my relationship with my parents. They're the only ones I'm ever going to have." She headed for the hall. "And, in future, you should just apologise!" she called back over her shoulder.

<Cecilia> "And you're just beating your head against a brick wall that'll never budge..." she muttered behind her book. "...Have fun being a masochist."

<Cecilia> "Well, I've always been shit at them, but thanks for the advice!" Cecilia called, mock saluting Sue as she left. Somebody was still in the closet in her opinion, though it was rather transparent.