2/5 Instance: Maniaku

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/5 Instance: Maniaku

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Fabian> Fabian cringed as he heard the words 'group assignment'. Everyone did but he just knew he was going to regret anyone he was paired with. Military and Strategic Studies was one of the few classes he actually cared about further than doing well for grades and he didn't want to deal with any idiots beyond tutoring and just existing in the same room for the lecture duration.

<@Hisako> At the same words, Hisako looked up, darkened, dead eyes lit with a sudden furious glint. She looked around, suddenly feeling a sickening distaste for her peers before spotting Fabian Cortez out of the corner of her eye. She cursed in Japanese under her breath, going back to her book. Perhaps if she was careful, she wouldn't be picked out automatically.

<Fabian> Maybe if it was Connors Fabian would just be allowed to do the project? Fabian took a deep breath and hoped that the groups would be done alphabetically. There was no such luck as names were read off and, of course, he was teamed up with someone he'd rather not acknowledge existed now.

<@Hisako> "Nani!?" Hisako hissed, shooting a glare at Fabian. Just her luck she'd be paired up with him of all people. She bit her tongue, weighing up just storming out rather than work alongside him before finally just groaning and shaking her head. She rolled her eyes and went back to her book - hell if she was moving to him.

<Fabian> Fabian had no problem moving over there, glancing up at the front of the room as their possible topics were listed; maneuver warfare verses firepower, cyber attacks as an act of war, military decisions during the Kelly Administration, and humanitarian efforts and their effectiveness in prevention of conflicts. He glanced to Hisako, sizing her up.

<@Hisako> She didn't return the courtesy, flicking to a new page in her book and noting down what she was most interested in rather than waiting for his input.

<Fabian> Fabian didn't even bother with that. He sat back, considering the topics at hand, and started writing content for the Kelly Administration assignment, knowing he could come up with a hell of a lot to say about the lawlessness of the attack on Genosha.

<@Hisako> Hisako glanced at Fabian's notepad, sighing under her breath. Of course he picked the same thing as her. She didn't like him, but he wasn't stupid; it was easily the biggest and most interesting topic to write on, and moreover he'd have had personal views that he could express, too. She noted down a few places she could gather notes, eager to do the work herself and speak as little as possible.

<Fabian> Picking the same thing was probably a good thing as they were supposed to be doing this together. Of course...if Fabian felt like being a complete ass he'd just switch and steamroller her under the new topic. He hadn't been the ass in their little pissing contest, however, and he didn't intend to start, either.

<Fabian> Just because he had their first page mostly written all ready didn't mean a damned thing.

<@Hisako> Moving on with her note-taking, Hisako turned to her notebook's next page, still writing without a word to Fabian. She knew he was probably most of the way through the beginning of their assignment already, but it didn't stop her moving at her own pace. She glanced at him once, just to watch him writing and feeling a little stab in her chest scrutinizing him, "Ma-ni-a-ku." she muttered to herself with a sly little smile.

<@Hisako> ((Translation: Japanese slang: 'Maniaku' - 'Know-it-all'))

<Fabian> Fabian merely turned to her and gave her his best shit-eating grin before turning starting a new page and making sidenotes on things to highlight in their presentation. Now that was going to be fun.

<@Hisako> "You can pick the font and layout of slides." Hisako informed him, "Content also, but you won't present this." she tapped his notebook with her pen, not looking at him, "If it is good, I will. If not, I will make a better one, and you can present."

<Fabian> "Do you think that's how group assignments work? You're precious."

<Fabian> "We have to present it together, it's part of both of our grades. I hate to inform you but you're also not the best at this course either so if you want the best grade you'll just sit back for a bit and work out your personal issues and work yourself up to getting the help you desperately need."

<@Hisako> Hisako rolled her eyes, "Because Fabian Cortez is the best, and we are all beneath him, of course(!)" she shrugged, "I won't fail because you like to stick your nose into business that doesn't concern you."

<Fabian> "Sounds like someone you know?"

<@Hisako> "'Sticking my nose into business that doesn't concern me'? Not much." she responded, "Thinking you are beneath me because you assume I will need a knight in shining armor? I disagree. You are not my paladin, Cortez. Not you, not anyone else. Maybe I would have asked for help in time, but not anymore."

<@Hisako> Hisako went back to writing, "Alone suited me fine my whole life. Why bother with your time-wasting, 'on-off' care?"

<Fabian> "I more meant 'is the best, and we are all beneath'." He just smiled back. "I'm certainly nobody's 'paladin' as the idea is ridiculous nor am I going to play Captain Save-A-Ho. I'm just telling you that I'm better at this than you and, as I don't intend to pull a sub-par grade, we'll do the work, we'll both show up for the presentation, and you can simply stuff it."

<@Hisako> Throwing her palm up in a half- shrug, Hisako nodded, "Whatever." she dismissed casually.

<Fabian> He went right back to doing the work.

<@Hisako> Hisako sighed, reaching into her bag and opening the pill bottle within it, slipping a small, white pill into her mouth and swallowing it before going back to her notes.

<Fabian> That earned a slight eyebrow raise. "Your headaches, I assume?"

<@Hisako> "Mmn." she responded, "Migraines." she added.

<Fabian> "Well, once it's over will you be available to meet at the library to compile what work we have done and get this over with?"

<@Hisako> She nodded in reply, head still down as she noted a few more possible sources of information.

<Fabian> "Thank you, I'm glad you can be reasonable. I'll bring a few of my books down as well; I think they'll be a bit more helpful than some of the library resources."

<@Hisako> Hisako nodded again, still remaining silent.

<Fabian> "And at least I can count on you for doing your part...some of the people in this course didn't even know what it was going to be about."

<@Hisako> "You can think what you want of me, but I am not useless." she remarked, "I can do the same about you, but you're not useless."

<Fabian> "...I was just saying you weren't. You're just looking for insults, now."

<@Hisako> Hisako finally looked to Fabian, "No, I know you are not being insulting. I apologize if you think I did." she said simply, dark lines around her eyes clear.

<Fabian> "That is generally how you've been coming across." Fabian admitted. "Of course, the last few times we've talked have been. But I can accept that apology, thank you."

<@Hisako> "Ok." she nodded, returning to her work once more, her face blank and expressionless.

<Fabian> "Although I'd rather hear the one about losing your shit and deciding punching me in the face was the best thing to do." Fabian shrugged, standing up and gathering his notebooks, ready to leave for his next class.

<@Hisako> "Will you ever apologize for stepping on my feelings? Insulting me with your arrogance?" Hisako asked, tired eyes still fixed on her notepad, the question leaving her mouth with no real emotion or emphasis.

<Fabian> "Tell me how I did so and if it's something I actually did instead of your own issues perhaps."

<@Hisako> Hisako sighed, standing and closing her notebook, "This is something I won't do for you." she said, mirthless as ever as she stowed her things in her bag, "If you don't see where you could have been wrong, then why have someone tell you? You'll merely disagree."

<@Hisako> She turned to him, "I shouldn't have hit you. But I think someone should have hit you for being arrogant by now." she gave him a little bow, "But sorry for it being me." she turned on her heel, walking away.

<Fabian> "When people are unreasonable I disagree." He gave a shrug. "If telling you the truth stepped on your toes then I'm sorry but that's not going to stop anyone else from telling you the truth."

<Fabian> He walked out with her, shrugging. "You're just as arrogant as I am, even more considering you couldn't even fathom someone being able to beat you. Going on about how you have to be the best is arrogance. And if you're going to whinge about me being so I'm going to remind you that you are as well."

<@Hisako> Stopping at the door, Hisako shook her head, "Arrogance justifies your every move, doesn't it? 'Everyone else would do the same', he said." she glanced over her shoulder, "Maybe that's why we can't be friends." with that, she turned to walk down the other coridoor, "Also: never talk about my want to be stronger again. You? Will never understand. Not like this."

<@Hisako> Moments later, she'd left.

<Fabian> Well, like hell Fabian was going to bother to show up to the library now. Obviously someone couldn't learn anything.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 2/5 Instance: Maniaku

Post by PanicSwitch »

"I'm certainly nobody's 'paladin' as the idea is ridiculous nor am I going to play Captain Save-A-Ho.
I feel this should've been the title, 'Captain Save-A-Ho.' :LOL
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7