2/6 Instance: Cool Runnings

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/6 Instance: Cool Runnings

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Cecilia> Cecilia yelped as her skis drifted in two separate directions, sending her into an involuntary 'splits' position and testing her flexibility to its very limit-which was surprisingly good if the position she was in was anything indication, but perhaps wasn't the most sophisticated look- before she fell backwards onto her ass. For the nth time that day.

<@Cecilia> She sighed, rubbing the side of her thigh. "Ow...okay, I think I might've actually pulled something that time," she chuckled weakly, wincing. "Or lost my virginity to the ski hill. Either way, that hurt."

<Fabian> "If I'm suddenly in competition with a bunny hill I'm going to be terribly depressed." Fabian declared, skiing her way towards her and offering a hand to help her up. "You're doing fine though. If you spend only a third of the time on your ass your first go you're extremely gifted."

<@Cecilia> "I think I'm rapidly approaching that fraction," Cecilia admitted, taking the hand. Fuck! She was gonna be sore later on. She hoped the hot tub was free when they got back, she was desperately going to need a soak in there for far longer than the physician's recommended time.

<@Cecilia> "Y'know, I could just take a lesson or something if you wanted to hit the real slopes and not watch me fall on my ass all day on the wimp hill," Cecilia said. And by 'take a lesson' she meant run back into the chalet as fast as these clunky boot would take her and sit in front of the fire with some cocoa.

<Fabian> "And let you just suffer alone? No, this is better, isn't it?" Fabian smirked a smirk that wasn't quite innocent. He knew full well what 'take a lesson' probably meant and, while he didn't want to make Cecilia suffer completely here there was some fun to seeing her learn.

<Fabian> "Anyway, like I said, you're doing great. Ready to start turning as you go down?"

<@Cecilia> Crap. "Stupid pizza, snowplow, whatever the fuck you call it," she muttered, inching along the hill and doing as she was instructed, "doesn't save me from shit. I'll tell you what slows me down. My ass, that's what."

<@Cecilia> Despite her grumbling and swearing like a sailor though, Cecilia-ever the quick learner- did manage to go down the hill without incident that time. "Yes!" She cried, raising her hands at the bottom. "I didn't smack into a cardboard animal that time so suck on that!"

<@Cecilia> "Uh...shit." There were a lot of children floating about on this hill among the odd older person falling on their ass. Like her. "I shoulda thought before I opened my mouth there..." she muttered.

<Fabian> Fabian was half doubled over, having a good laugh at Cecilia's celebration and sudden awareness of little pitchers and their big ears. "Are you kidding? People should know by now not to bring kids to the bunny slopes after noon. That's when all the older dirty-mouthed people are awake and ready to learn."

<Fabian> "And you showed those cardboard animals, you showed them good."

<Fabian> He straightened up, cutting a repetitive S into the snow on down to her. "and I like to think your ass is perfectly suited for this, but you know my feelings there."

<@Cecilia> "Well, yeah, how often does someone get to say they knocked down a giraffe?" She chuckled. The hill supervisor-people were still trying to straighten that one out. They were just lucky she hadn't resorted to using her shields. Though using them to lessen the falls seemed a good idea right about now.

<@Cecilia> "...Uh, if we wanna continue that line of conversation maybe we should go somewhere else," she said as a young child asked his mother loudly: 'mom what's an ass?' Making said mother glare at her angrily. Cecilia winced...suddenly she was very aware of how much she stood out here.

<Fabian> "If that kid doesn't know what an ass is he is way too sheltered. There's just some things a body should know before going out into public." Fabian waved her on to follow him though, heading for the chairlift. "This isn't going to freak you out too much, is it?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia took in the chairs hanging suspended over the tree tops. Yes. "No," she said a little nervously, falling into line with Fabian and crossing her arms. How did he handle poles and skis at the same time? She'd had to ditch hers early on. She couldn't multi-task.

<Fabian> "First rule of chairlift, you don't move that bar until everyone involved is ready for it, okay?" Fabian warned, glancing back to her.

<@Cecilia> "Okay..." she said weakly, taking in this rule as though it were gospel. "Imma just...hang onto the back and the side...and not look down...you, uh, take charge of the bar."

<@Cecilia> She tensed as they stopped at the little red line drawn in the snow and the chair swung around in its approach. "If I die, you have to promise to make sure the floral arrangements are tasteful. I don't any of that flashy CRAP!" She yelled the chair hit the back of her legs, forcing her to sit down hard.

<Fabian> "...are you questioning my taste level?" Fabian sounded terribly hurt at such a question but he was smirking too hard to actually be taking it as an insult as he put his arm around her, being sure to shuffle his poles into his other hand as he did.

<Fabian> "See, it's not too bad. Just think of it as an elevator you can sit in."

<@Cecilia> "The fuck it is..." Cecilia muttered, along with several choice swear words in both English and Spanish. She gripped hard onto the bar. Looking at the horizon didn't help because there was giant ass hill in the way. Looking down also didn't help because everyone on the hill looked like ants.

<@Cecilia> "...We could spit on them from here," she said distantly, staring at someone on the ground who'd lost his skis, poles, hat and gloves in a crash all across the hill.

<Fabian> "...do you want to?" Fabian asked, mostly joking. "I suppose we'll behave...I've been trying not to be quite as much of a douchebag...but it's fun once in a while."

<@Cecilia> "You have?" Cecilia asked, a little surprised. "Why? I didn't think you were that bad before..." She frowned, thinking that this had better not be because of Hisako and her liberal use of the word 'bastard.'

<Fabian> "I meant the level of douchebag that'd spit on the people stupid enough to ski below the chairlift...although I'd like to think of them as Darwin's loogies."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia made a mental note not ski under the chairlift. It didn't seem like a bright idea anyways, while smacking into a cardboard animal was somewhat painful she could only imagine how fucked up she'd be after hitting one of the giant ass chairlift towers.

<@Cecilia> "Imma do it..." she said quietly, leaning a tiny bit over the bar and keeping a firm grip on the back of the chair before letting a wad of spit drop over a patch of trees. "Ha!"

<Fabian> Well, if Cecilia was going to do it he sure as hell was going to be joining her. "Think I can get one of the animals from here?" He asked before attempting to aim and let the spit in question go.

<@Cecilia> "I dunno, maybe...we should have a contest. First person to hit a deer gets their first round of drinks on the loser," she laughed, only to stop a second later as the end of the chairlift approached.

<@Cecilia> "What do I do...?" She asked nervously, looking to Fabian desperately as though he were her saviour.

<Fabian> "Bar up, skis up, and once the skis touch the ground lean forward." Fabian grabbed the bar. "Ready?"

<@Cecilia> "Oh fuck, yeah I guess so, it's not like I got a lotta choice, right?" Cecilia said, muttering swearwords the entire approach. "Goddammit...I'm gonna fall on my ass again. I just know it..."

<@Cecilia> As it turned out she didn't, instead Cecilia just flew off of the chair in one fluid motion, coming to an abrupt stop a dozen or so feet from the chairlift. "Holy shit! I'm alive!" She exclaimed, once she'd regained her balance and stopped wind-milling her arms.

<@Cecilia> "Suck it Vermont!" She said, throwing up her arms and tossing down some snow dramatically. "Did you see me, Fab? I didn't fall that time!"

<Fabian> "Alive!" He raised his poles in celebration, sliding up to her and giving her a teasing poke. "You know what this means, don't you?"

<@Cecilia> "No...what?"

<Fabian> "Go inside, add a little baileys to our hot chocolate, and relax before I teach you to turn." Fabian had a feeling slightly tipsy skiing might prove to either be a terrible idea or a great idea but he might as well make use of it while they were still on the bunny slopes.

<@Cecilia> "Can we hit the hot-tub too, later?" Cecilia asked, pushing her luck. Hopefully by the time they were there she could distract him long enough until the lifts closed and she'd be far more likely to live to see another day.

<Fabian> "Yes." Fabian was not about to turn down any kind of hot-tub time, although his slightly lecherous look was probably not ski-lodge friendly.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia coloured a little and smiled a slightly crooked smile. Excellent, her plan was working! "Maybe there'll be champagne there," she added as she shuffled to the hill, knowing how to cater to Fabian. But first, hill..."Green circle means it's easy, right?"

<Fabian> "Yeah, you're good to go." Fabian promised, starting down and turning to watch her. "Now come on, it's hot-tub time!"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia grinned at that, despite being slightly red. Apparently her bribery was successful. "Here goes nothing..." she muttered, dropping over the edge.

<@Cecilia> This time she attempted to go down the hill from one side to another in an S fashion, like she'd seen Fabian do. Though she didn't quite get the hang parallel skis while doing this she did manage to successfully snow-plow in this fashion before parking herself a bit below Fabian on her butt.

<@Cecilia> "Ow..."

<Fabian> Fabian just smiled and sat down with her. "Race you down?"

<@Cecilia> "You really wanna get to the hot-tub fast, huh?" Cecilia laughed. Never did she ever realize she could be a master of subterfuge. "Eager?" She grinned, cocking an eyebrow and turning a little redder for it.

<Fabian> "Of course," and he wanted to at least make her feel better about spending so much time off her skis so joining her sledding down seemed like a good idea as well.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled happily at this and began looking around. There wasn't anyone near by..and the translucent-ness of her shields should blend in nicely with the snow...

<@Cecilia> "You ever bobsled?" She asked, making a wide slide-like structure low to the ground, camouflaging it pretty well in the hill.

<Fabian> "Not yet, there's a first time for everything, though, isn't there?"

<@Cecilia> "I guess so, I hope so," she smiled, shuffling over and wrapping an arm around him. "Ready?"

<Fabian> "And go." Fabian nodded, hoping he could manage to steer this thing well enough with her. He wanted to enjoy getting to the ski-lodge, after all.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia let out a whoop and dropped the slide, moving it down along the ground quickly and even adding a couple of turns into the mix. "Boost me up! Boost me up! We can make it a hill-snow-water-slide thing!"

<Fabian> Laughing, he gladly did what she asked and held on for dear life and sanity. "We should do this down one of the expert slopes!"

<@Cecilia> "We should probably stash our skis or something if we do that!" Said Cecilia, laughing wildly and shouting a little over the wind. "If the hill has more obstacles I wanna concentrate on those and not worry about being impaled! I can just bubble us back up once we're done!"

<Fabian> "...once we feel up to that then?" Fabian asked as they finally started to slow down as they reached the bottom.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed, dusting snow off her behind. "I guess hot tub beats bobsled, huh?" She smiled, "when do we have to be back at the school? We got time and there's always night skiing..." Though she was a little wary of the idea of going down a hill in the dark.

<@Cecilia> "...They give you flashlights, right?"

<Fabian> "We can always stay a little longer. It's college, we're allowed to skip classes." If they weren't Fabian would surely have flunked by now so it was a good thing attendance wasn't mandatory. "And we'll be sure we have plenty of light, don't worry."

<Fabian> "They turn on security light sort of things...but I'm sure we can find you a fetching headlamp?"

<@Cecilia> "So long as I don't get tail-lights for my ass," she joked, laughing. "...I really needed this. I'll admit I had my doubts about skiing...but it was surprisingly fun."

<@Cecilia> "Though the price of lift-tickets are fucking highway robbery," she remarked, raising an eyebrow.

<Fabian> "We both needed this. Nobody wants me to get to the point where I decide some people just really do need slapped across the face and this is much more fun than any of that." Plus now they'd have at least a night away. "And it may be robbery but it's still pretty damned fun, yes?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia released the locks on her skis and threw her arms around Fabian. "She's just a bitch. What the fuck does she know about you? Nothing, that's what, so her opinion means fuck all."

<@Cecilia> "It was pretty damned fun," she agreed. "And the fun doesn't stop here! We gotta whole evening and night (and maybe even a morning) to kill and I say we kill it slow!"

<Fabian> That statement was answered with yet another slightly tamed down but still naughty look. "Does this mean I need to teach you about pole handling?" He was well aware this would probably get him snow stuffed in bad places.

<@Cecilia> He wasn't entirely wrong. "Fabian!" Cecilia cried, releasing him from the hug, yanking gloves off and smacking him with them.

<Fabian> "...did you just challenge me to a duel?"

<@Cecilia> "...Depends if you think my, ahem, technique could use practice..." she teased back, turning very red before grabbing her skis and locking them into the racks, a bit embarrassed. "If I did what're you gonna do about it? I know you're really a lefty," she snorted.

<Fabian> "You've stumbled upon all of my secrets now." Fabian sighed dramatically, pulling himself up. "Whatever am I going to do now?"

<@Cecilia> "Not all," Cecilia said, raising an eyebrow. "I've yet to discover some of your more embarrassing stories... and now I have a good idea for chess later on..."

<@Cecilia> "It's not so bad, right?" She asked, unzipping her jacket as she went into the lodge. "It's kinda nice to have someone know you, yeah?"

<Fabian> "As long as I still have some surprises." Fabian admitted with a smirk. "But I'm pretty intrigued by this chess situation. Lets head on in, sooner we do the sooner you can show me."

<@Cecilia> "Right behind you, mi heroe!" She laughed.
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 2/6 Instance: Cool Runnings

Post by Chaos »

"Why? I didn't think you were that bad before..." She frowned, thinking that this had better not be because of Hisako and her liberal use of the word 'bastard.'
What, that and the fact Fabian was, quite often, a total bastard? o__O