2/7 Instance: You Have a Purdy Power

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

2/7 Instance: You Have a Purdy Power

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Cecilia> Cecilia polished off her soda and crushed the can in a force-fielded hand before tossing it into a recycling bin a few feet away. "Swish!" She laughed. "Rah! Rah! And the crowd goes wild!"

<Melati> "Nice score!" Melati chuckled and gave Cecilia a friendly nudge against the shoulder with her balled fist. "Congratulations, you won another one." She tossed her a new can of soda.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul let his bags go to the floor beside him as he returned with his second round of lunch. "So if I start chucking empty food cartons in do I win new ones?"

<Melati> "Maybe," the green-skinned lizard girl replied. "Let's see what else I've got." She patted down the pockets of her jacket. "Well, I could offer half a pack of gum..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook the soda a little and snapped the tab in Mel's direction, spraying some of the soda at her playfully before covering it with her mouth and sipping the rest of the damage up. "Damn I love orange soda!"

<@Jean-Paul> "...I won't turn down gum after this. God knows what my breath's like." Jean-Paul admitted, spazzing a bit at the soda. "Someone's a bit peppier today."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed a little at this. God could everyone tell?! First Mayday and now JP..."Just had a good few days," she explained. "And what makes you think I wasn't this crazy all along?"

<Melati> "Right, I say that's your last one for today." Melati squinted at the drops of soda running down her face, before she lapped up some with her long, reptilian tongue.

<Lukas> Lukas leaned his elbow on the table, chin in his hand as he watched the others. The next thing to go flying found itself veering far off course, Lukas' finger twirling through the air and glowing green.

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeah, I'm beginning to think Cecilia's caffeine intake has to come with a cap like mine." Jean-Paul teased as he tucked into his fries. "So, what else should we hit here?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I need shoes again, the shoe store is a must."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned as a french fry went flying way off course. "I wonder if that probability mojo effects my shields?" She mused somewhat to herself. "Teleportation javelins disrupt them, other forcefields shear them in half..."

<Melati> "I wanna stop by the army surplus store and see if they have anything neat." She helped herself to a piece of aforementioned gum, before chucking some in Jean-Paul's direction, as well. "I think they've got a sale on flares this week."

<Cecilia> "I'd like to hit a book store," Cecilia added to the discussion. "Preferably a thrift one, I'm not paying twenty-five bucks for a paperback that's just obscene!"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul cheated just a bit to catch the gum, his hand blurring slightly. "I'm almost afraid to ask what you're going to be doing with your own collection of flares."

<Eddie> "Hey!" came a distinctly British voice from behind the group, "You kids causing a disturbance?" Eddie Brock laughed, throwing a hand through his hair as he approached them at a hurried pace, "Spotted you all a few blocks back, you guys on an outing?"

<Lukas> Looking at Cecilia, Lukas smirked. "I'd just buy an e-reader at that point."

<Melati> Melati bared her teeth as she grinned. "Oh, I'll find a use for them," she assured the others. "I think I should save them for a special occasion. Hey, isn't the family event thing coming up?"

<Melati> "Nah, we're just taking up space and wasting time," she said, tilting back her head to look at the newcomer. "Hey, Ed-man!"

<@Jean-Paul> "Hey Eddie, cop-school out early?" Jean-Paul asked, pulling a seat over for him. "Yeah, you know, not the best idea to go alone anymore so here we are amassed...please don't shoot flares at my aunt and uncle."

<Cecilia> "Well, usually I just go to the library," she admitted to Lukas. "But no matter where you go every library is missing something. When that happens I just go to thrift, usually I can cash in some books and have some money to spend on new ones so it's like I'm not even paying."

<Cecilia> "...And I can't afford an e-reader," she said, somewhat ashamed.

<Lukas> "Just set aside a little money here and there when you cash in the books. The cheapest are only about eighty dollars."

<Eddie> Stretching, Eddie put his hands behind his head, "They have me out on patrols, bitches..." he smugly replied to Jean-Paul's question, "I'm paired with Officer Mist, who's pretty cool. So, we just mulling about in the city? Or are you guys heading to a party? I'm feeling kinda energetic..."

<Cecilia> "That's pretty sensible," Cecilia said, nodding. "I guess I could give it a go. Or just wait for my birthday...maybe people can pool in some cash and give that to me as a gift. I dunno, as long as I read something new I'm good."

<Melati> "Well, there's nothing planned, but the best parties don't need any planning, anyway," Melati remarked.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed Eddie. Officer Mist...? Ohhhh the officer that visited them to warn them about the cannibals. "Any developments in the cannibal thing?" She asked.

<@Jean-Paul> A few tables over not-so-hushed whispers could be heard and many a cellphone was raised as pictures and videos were being taken.

<Eddie> "Cecilia, a man in my position can't talk about cases." Eddie tapped his nose, "But....no. To be honest, and to put your heart at rest, I've not heard anything else."

<Cecilia> "So much for being tight-lipped," she snorted. "Well, it was worth a try...thanks anyways."

<Lukas> "Well you can get things a bit cheaper in digital," Lukas shrugged and looked around, catching sight of the other table. "How 'bout creepy stalkers?"

<@Jean-Paul> One or two of the phones lowered but, for the most part, once the people realized one of them was looking at them excitement could be seen on their faces.

<Eddie> Eddie perked up at that, glancing over, "Hm....my sense isn't screaming 'imminent rape', so I think we're good." he joked, shrugging it off, "'Guess they just know sexy when they see it."

<Cecilia> "How 'bout what?" Cecilia said, catching sight of the cellphones and videos. "Oh fuck me hard. This better not be the creepy kind of stalkers that post that god awful fan art of us. They already got me in deep shit this week!"

<Eddie> "See?" Eddie shot a girl in the crowd a little wink before turning to the group, "Bitches loooove Brits."

<@Jean-Paul> "Hey, I signed someone's chest once...I'll admit they at least asked instead of thrusting it at me, though."

<Lukas> Lukas raised an eyebrow at Eddie and snapped a finger, a passerby dropping a drink on the table. "Can't prove it was me."

<@Jean-Paul> "Maybe we should take this opportunity to get to a store?"

<Lukas> "Everyone loves a good distraction," Lukas pushed back from the table and stood up.

<Eddie> Eddie shook his head, "Hey, 'Luke', or whatever your name is: thou shalt not use his powers to be an asshole." he sighed, "Bad press. And you're stood next to me, which is bad for my image."

<@Jean-Paul> There was some flailing from the table but in the end the group just seemed to come a bit closer, abandoning their table.

<Cecilia> "Yes, let's go and hide in the merchandise," Cecilia said, getting up and grabbing her backpack quickly. "Who's up for hiding in the bookstore?"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul definitely was, picking up his things and sliding out between the tables. "That sounds fine by me."

<Lukas> Lukas raised his head and eyed Eddie a bit, "Oh you've not seen me be an asshole yet."

<Eddie> Eddie followed the others, "Well, just....don't do it. 'Cause it makes you look like a jerk. Which might make me look like a jerk." he scratched his nose, "And I'm not. Kind of. Depending on who you ask.....I think."

<Cecilia> "Can we have the asshole contest somewhere else?" Cecilia asked, a little impatiently. "And I'm the biggest asshole here. So kiss it."

<Melati> "That sounds like a challenge directed at me," Melati told Cecilia, showing her a wry smirk. "Yo guys, think we should hoof it? I usually don't mind being ogled, but this is getting a bit sad here."

<@Jean-Paul> "Are you really worried about someone ruining your photo-op for weird mall-goers, Eddie?" Jean-Paul teased, looking back to give him a smirk as he started into the store, only to frown as he saw the people getting up. Maybe they were just going on with their day.

<Eddie> "No thanks - I only recently made friends with your boyfriend." Eddie patted Cecilia's shoulder, "Don't wanna ruin it, eh?" he turned to Jean-Paul, "Kind of: my girlfriend's virtually always on the T.V, I don't want bad press for either of us!"

<Cecilia> "Really now," Cecilia said to Ed, raising an eyebrow. "Well colour me surprised."

<Lukas> Lukas gave Cecilia a smirk and raised eyebrow as he pulled his jacket over his shoulder. "Right, we should go before that man with a tray full of soda trips." He pressed his fingers together.

<Cecilia> "...Can you make that happen?" She just raised an eyebrow and smirked right back. "What is this-?" She said, moving one eyebrow. "You did not see my asshole phase, you were too busy being a girl."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, if it makes you feel any better you're not an asshole now." Surely they weren't coming this way. Jean-Paul just continued on towards the store, reassuring him that he was just being silly.

<Eddie> Eddie looked back, more than a little bit surprised at the group following them, "....are they gonna rape us? Seriously? 'Cause....I'm getting a little freaked out now." he smiled wryly.

<Lukas> "Darling, I'm nice to you because I like you and you're dating my best friend. And the short answer is yes." He snapped his glowing fingers and the man tripped on his shoelace, dumping soda all over the creepy group, "Let's go."

<Eddie> "Them skills." Eddie smirked, pace increasing as he passed through the aisles of the store.

<Melati> "Don't worry, we'll guard your cute little behind," Melati assured Eddie with a chuckle, swatting said behind with her tail.

<Eddie> Jumping a little, Eddie sniggered, nudging her right back, "Hey, careful: this horse has a rider already. And the tales I can tell you...." he tapped his nose.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed and made a break for it while the creepy group was distracted with their soda. "I'm flattered! And I hardly think you're so terrible. So long as people are good to me, I'm good to them."

<@Jean-Paul> "Mel, are you rating behinds now?" Jean-Paul put on a smile, deciding he was just going to ignore the group for now.

<Melati> "Always," she replied and shot Jean-Paul a grin. "You should see my charts and pie diagrams on the subject."

<@Jean-Paul> "Where does mine rate?"

<Eddie> "Bottom?" Eddie joked, ".....that was really bad."

<Melati> Melati gave a Eddie a long, dubious look, before she let out a laugh. "Brilliant."

<@Jean-Paul> "Please, you've obviously not been giving it a serious look, and yes, that was terrible."

<Eddie> Holding his fingers like two guns, Eddie made a 'bang' sound, blowing them and pretending to slide them away, "You jelly?" he grinned at Jean-Paul.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul glanced back at Eddie's ass. "Hardly."

<Melati> "Please, boys, no arguing," Melati told them, stepping up behind them. "Let an impartial judge handle this." Then she reached out and groped either guy's butt, giving both of them a firm squeeze. "Oh, that's going to be a toughy."

<Eddie> "H-hey!" Eddie swatted her hand away, "You ask before you rummage in the trunk, even an officer of the law has to!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia rolled her eyes at all this. "Oh please, you gotta be kidding me. I'm the one with the ghetto booty. Your asses pale in comparison." Indeed, she was very pear-shaped.

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "Damn right, high-five for being 'Blackanese'." he held up his hand to Cecilia, glancing back and spotting the group again.

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul just snorted, heading on into the stacks of the bookstore. "There are many a quality to consider in ass-assessment, size isn't the end of it-Jesus!" He turned and came face to face with one of the people from the table as the man lifted his hair up to stroke his ear. "Um...hi."

<Cecilia> "Hey!" Cecilia said, slapping her hand at the creepy dude touching JP's ear. "What the fuck is this shit? Don't you go touching the merchandise!"

<Eddie> Hand falling, Eddie groaned, "'Sthe deal with you people, anyway?" he deadpanned rather rudely, "You can't just start taking pictures of people randomly, it's creepy as hell."

<Eddie> "And if you touch him again, I'm calling the cops, ya creepy weirdo..."

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh, I'm sorry!" A woman slipped up behind the man, pushing him away. "David just got carried away." Another person was stepping up behind Melati, fascinated with her tail.

<Melati> Melati frowned, then looked over her shoulder. "Hey," she said, already looking irritated. "Do I really need a sign that says 'no petting the lizard'? I might bite, you know."

<Cecilia> Cecilia backed in a little closer to the group. She wasn't big on being touched outside of a few close friends. "Should I be using my shields...?" She muttered to herself. "Alright, who are you and what the fuck do you want?" She demanded of the group.

<@Jean-Paul> The man didn't look afraid at an offer of a bite. He looked...actually rather excited. "Do you have fangs?"

<Lukas> Lukas stared at these people, just...in awe of how impossibly creepy this was. "Moments like this I wish I could have the staff."

<Eddie> "Ok, this?" Eddie looked around, "This is easily the most strange thing that's happened to me." he looked over to Jean-Paul, "Including the Behemoth thing."

<Cecilia> "Too bad, 'cause I think we're in serious need of a pimp cane right about now," Cecilia joked a bit tensely.

<Melati> "Sure as hell I do." Melati held up a hand. "And claws to match." She frowned at the creepy people. "Listen, if you want an autograph or something, that's cool. But some personal space isn't too much to ask for, is it?"

<Eddie> Eddie stroked the side of his belt, half feeling a little awkward that his side-arm wasn't there off-duty, "Hm...that'd rustle some jimmies." he murmured to himself.

<Lukas> "More than willing to sign autographs if you step back about ten feet and form an orderly line. No seriously, step back."

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh, this is David, I'm Sarah and that back there is John. I imagine the others'll find us in here, too." She looked surprised at what Mel said. "An autograph? Are you famous?"

<@Jean-Paul> David piped up again. "Ooooh, are you X-men, too?"

<Eddie> "Nice save, Mel!" Eddie said under his breath, nudging her.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stared at them. "Wait...this isn't because of...then why're you here...and why are you touching us?!" She demanded getting more and more freaked out. "Jesus Christ, Ed. You might not be wrong."

<Melati> She frowned. "Sure am," Melati replied. "I thought this is why you're here."

<Lukas> "Well I'd rather have the pimp cane out than let Eddie get proven right."

<Eddie> Eddie pointed a thumb at Lukas, "Seriously, who IS this kid?" he jested.

<Cecilia> "Only our fucking saviour if he gets the pimp cane out!" Cecilia answered Ed.

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh no, we just...really like mutants." Sarah explained, blushing just a bit. "I mean, look at you, you're beautiful." She too was now looking over Mel and her claws like John.

<Lukas> "Well that's...all very well and good. Did you know that you come across as stalkers?" And rapists, but he wouldn't voice that....yet.

<Cecilia> "Oh hell no," Cecilia said as realization dawned on her. "Fuck no! I have a boyfriend and I'm so not into this mutant fetish crap." That's it, bitches were moving back or getting moved back. Quickly, she made a few shields flicker near them. Not enough to attract a lot of notice, but enough to make a few step back a bit.

<Melati> With either eyebrow at a different angle, Melati wore the most dumbfounded expression. "Err... thank you," she told the strangers. "I'm just getting flashbacks of that one weird time at the swinger club..."

<@Jean-Paul> "I'm sorry, we'll leave you alone now...I'm just so jealous." Sarah admitted but she didn't move, none of them did

<@Jean-Paul> *did and at the end of the aisle the rest of the group could now be seen.

<Eddie> "Forgive me, I'm still processing this." Eddie admitted, "You....say you people think its....'attractive' that we have powers?" he frowned a little bit at Sarah and her compatriots, "Don't er....take it the wrong way, 'sjust....a new one. Even on me..."

<Cecilia> "Alright do we just try to weave our way through?" Cecilia whispered to the group. "I'm sorta scared if I try they'll grab my ass or try to take a lock of my hair or something."

<Melati> "Aye." Melati nodded, her eyes narrowing. "Mind you, I'm used to some people seeing green skin and going all Captain Kirk on me, but I can't shake the feeling that these guys might be just as likely try to cop a feel as they might plan to lock us up in their basement."

<Jean-Paul> "You have to know how...awesome you are as a mutant." Sarah told Eddie, not even asking but talking as if she were stating a fact.

<Cecilia> "You don't think they're the you-know-what's right?" Cecilia muttered to Mel. "'Cause they're giving me a really bad vibe. Just so you all know I'm not going to the torture basement quietly," she laughed slightly hysterically to the group.

<Eddie> "Really?" Eddie found himself blushing slightly, "You really think it's that great?" he laughed a little, "I-I mean....thanks. I guess, i-it's just...." he shrugged, "I've been treated like a freak my whole life, this is....kinda new."

<Eddie> He turned to Cecilia, "Hey, come on, it's better than some of the crap I got when I was younger..."

<Jean-Paul> It was new and Jean-Paul didn't like it one bit. Appreciating mutations was one thing but this was...this was just weird. He even imagined it was steps beyond the stereotypical woman walking in front of the construction crew. "Well....it's been lovely but we really must go."

<Cecilia> "They're not complimenting you, Ed!" She hissed. "They're only attracted to you 'cause you're a freaking fetish to them! This has nothing to do with being liked, they just want to screw the mutation, not us!"

<Eddie> Eddie frowned, "Yeeeeeah, subtle as a tactical nuke." he shook his head, "Erm...well, thanks I guess. Sarah, was it? David and..." he waved his finger at....the other people, "This is cool but....mmn." he gestured his head at Jean-Paul.

<Lukas> Lukas was giving Eddie a look as though he was insane. He looked to Cecilia and whispered, "This man is who we're putting our safety in."

<Jean-Paul> "Of course, of course. Well, maybe we'll be seeing you around." Sarah gave Eddie her brightest, widest smile. Jean-Paul walked faster down the other side of the aisle.

<Eddie> "Right click, follow." Eddie murmured to himself, pursuing Jean-Paul.

<Cecilia> "Speak for yourself!" Cecilia whispered back, pulling on Lukas' coat to follow JP. "He's the reason I got scars on the back of my head! I say we bug out!"

<Eddie> Shuddering a little, Eddie looked over his shoulder at Cecilia, frowning a little at her, almost sure he was being criticized.

<Lukas> Lukas walked quickly behind her, snapping his fingers again, shorting out the three phones.

<Melati> "I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda in favour of cutting this mall trip short," Melati hissed at the others.

<Cecilia> "Oh God," she muttered, turning the corner of the aisle sharply. "I don't wanna be fetish raped! Should I use my powers? I can extend the shield body armour to anyone in contact with me or I can create ones to act as riot shields," she offered.

<Jean-Paul> "Yeah, lets just go home." Jean-Paul agreed, holding onto his bags tighter out of nerves.

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "Think I'll get off, sure. Maybe I'll pop in on my girlfriend." he waved a lazy salute to the group, "See you kids a little later, eh?" he smiled awkwardly, stepping away.

<Cecilia> Cecilia was beginning to breathe heavily, she'd never thought of herself as claustrophobic before, but the sheer volume of the crowd and people staring at her was making her paranoia act up terribly. She created body armour around herself. "Right, I'm leaving. If everyone didn't know I was a mutant before they sure as hell do now!"

<Cecilia> "And I really did want to get some books, goddammit," she said churlishly.

<Lukas> Lukas sighed and grabbed Cecilia's hand, pulling her toward the nearest bookshop, "You'll be okay. I'll stay with you."

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked genuinely surprised at this and the hand holding. "Really?" She smiled brightly. "Thanks Lukas!" Well, that was really nice. Asshole her ass.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul went with them, bringing Mel along. Like hell he was going into the parking lot alone after that.

<Cecilia> "Oh my God!" She laughed to JP. "That was so fucked up! Did you see that dude trying to touch your ear. 'You gotta purdy mouth,'" she said, dropping her voice into a damn good hick accent.

<Lukas> "I can only imagine your boyfriend would have broken all of his fingers."

<Jean-Paul> "I think I would have enjoyed that." He admitted to Lukas. "He was in my hair." He was going to have to have all of the showers after that.

<Cecilia> "Me too," Cecilia said. "Though I'd have enjoyed it even more if I got to punch a creepy creeper!"
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 2/7 Instance: You Have a Purdy Power

Post by steyn »

LOL this was fantastic!

:shifty Now I wonder what would have happened to poor Jack in this situation.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 2/7 Instance: You Have a Purdy Power

Post by Starfish »

Someone would have tried to ride him, of course. Or asked him for a lucky rabbit foot. :shifty