2/8 Instance: It's Not Even a Thing

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

2/8 Instance: It's Not Even a Thing

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after You have a Purdy Power

<Cecilia> Fabian had made good on his promise to find sheet music for Cecilia's 'lamest' song and at the rate Cecilia was going at practicing it the entire school would almost surely be singing it non-stop in no time.

<Cecilia> "Just walk away, Ren-ee! You won't see me follow you back ho-ome. The empty sidewalks on my block are not the sa-ame. You're not to bla-ame..." Cecilia sang along happily, smiling and swaying in the manner of Stevie Wonder and not particularly caring if she looked stupid or not. She was in an excellent mood.

<Cecilia> "Your name and mine inside a heart upon a wall. Still finds a way to haunt me though they're so smaaaalllll. Just walk away, Renee! You won't see me follow you back ho-ome. The empty sidewalks on my block are not the sa-ame. You're not to bla-ame!"  

<Mayday> Unable to avoid the sound no matter how much she pushed her textbook into her face, Mayday eventually decided to explore where the sound was coming from. She poked her head out of her shared room and blinked around, slipping outside and heading towards the commotion, stopping at the end of the corridor.

<Mayday> "Oh. Well, I suppose that makes sense.", she smiled at the sight of Cecilia, "What's got you in such a good mood, hm?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia paused, hands still ready at the keys. "Heeeyyy Mayday!" She laughed, twisting a little to smile at her best friend. "Oh, you know, stuff."

<Cecilia> She patted the space on the bench beside her. "Here, wanna make a request? So far I've learned 'Edelweiss' and I'm trying to get 'Walk Away Renee' down...so I guess you haven't got much choice!" She laughed again. "You play?"

<Mayday> Sliding into the room, and then onto the offered seat, Mayday shook her head, "Different kind of keyboard, I think.", she gave Cecilia a once-over with her eyes, "You....look glowing.", she smiled, "Something's noticeably different about you!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia played the start of Hall & Oates 'You Make My Dreams', grinning widely. "Oh, really? I dunno, maybe there is. Or maybe I was just always this crazy and now it's coming out!" She said, throwing back her head, putting a lot of teeth into her best shit-eating grin.

<Cecilia> "It's good to see you! I was sorta worried you'd be a bit pissed at me."

<Mayday> "....to be honest?", Mayday adjusted her glasses awkwardly, "....'m kinda upset. I mean, Sue's been ranting about how you outed her, which....to be honest is just making my life more hard.", she sighed, "But....I guess it's nothing. I'm over feeling bad about it.", she nodded with a little smile.

<Mayday> "I spoke to JP, he put it in perspective.", Mayday explained.

<Cecilia> "Oh Jesus, May, I swear I didn't even realize she was still in the closet. If I'd have known I'd never done it," Cecilia said, brow slightly furrowed. "If I brought the shit down on you I apologize. I didn't mean to make things hard for you."

<Cecilia> "I thought she was out," Cecilia explained, shifting to face Mayday. "You guys are a couple I guess I just assumed it was common knowledge...'cause seriously, everyone who sees you together is gonna know, right? I mean, it's not rocket science."

<Mayday> Mayday raised a hand to dismiss her, "It's FINE.", she stated with a long sigh, "Seriously, she's always making a big deal about it. I honestly think she's ashamed sometimes, and it really hurts...", she frowned, hand dropping to her side again, "I-I mean...she says she loves me but doesn't want people to know about us..."

<Cecilia> "Jesus, really?!" Cecilia exclaimed, looking less than impressed. "Excuse my French- or Spanish, I guess- but I think that is complete bullshit. If I were dating you I'd notify the press because I'd want them to know I hit that!" She laughed, giving Mayday a little hip bump.

<Cecilia> "Seriously, that that's exactly the sort of thing that made things tense with me and Fab until I finally got over myself and actually took a fucking chance. Now I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner..."  

<Mayday> "....how much did you snort last night, anyway?", Mayday asked with a wry laugh, "You're....w-well, thanks I guess? But you ah...you're....", she sighed, "Did you smoke more weed? 'Cause I won't judge."

<Cecilia> "Hell no!" Cecilia laughed wildly, amused at that idea. "All I had the last few days was hot chocolate with Bailey's in it and some champagne in the hot tub...which probably wasn't the best idea I ever had. Slightly tipsy Fabian in a hot tub was pretty difficult to get to behave...scratch that. That might've been the best idea I had after all!"

<Mayday> Mayday smirked, "....did you have sex in that tub?"

<Cecilia> "Wouldn't you like to know!" Cecilia teased "...no, the hot tub was on the deck of the hotel. There's adventurous and then there's stupid..."

<Cecilia> "...but I did get laid," she added with a mischievous smirk despite the colour in her face.

<Mayday> "Oh.", Mayday nodded, "Ok, 'sjust I was like you are now when Sue and I....'tied the knot', you know?", she giggled, "Eeeh, I guess it must be nothing. Sorry to imply."

<Cecilia> "Imply away," Cecilia laughed. "Seriously, I wasn't joking there...We actually did, y'know..." She looked away, almost shyly.

<Mayday> "...wait, sorry, you said you DID!?", Mayday jumped, "Oh. My. Jesus God!", she laughed, throwing her arms around Cecilia, "Yaaay! Cee-Cee and Fabsy!!!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed even harder as Mayday glomped onto her. "Fabsy? Jesus, you're starting to sound like Lukas now!" She teased. "I know right?! I can't believe it was really me! But we were playing truth or dare chess and after I just sorta jumped him!" She shook her head. "I must be insane!"

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "Nope! That just means that you really care about him to make the first move, and that he respects you a lot.", she beamed, "Awwww! This is so cuuuuute!"

<Cecilia> "You should seen his face!" Cecilia snorted. "He's so rarely surprised! I've only managed to get that once before! It's priceless!"

<Cecilia> "And he said we're gonna go to Puerto Rico together! And maybe one of the vacation places he owns in the summer!" She grinned happily. "I can't believe it... If someone told me this would happen a few months ago, I'd have laughed in their face. It's insane how fast things can happen. We've only known each other...four months. God...I am insane."

<Mayday> "....aaand where does that leave me? Sue and I weren't even dating when we....erm....", Mayday poked her fingers together, blushing a little, "You're over-thinking it."

<Cecilia> "I'd say that makes you smarter than me!" Cecilia said, grinning. "Seriously, May. Life's short, you gotta take it while you can. Live without regrets and what-if's. Why not, right?"

<Cecilia> "But yeah...I'll admit I over think things. If I really got into the details of this I might have a small crisis. I mean, I am easily the worst person he could choose status-wise. I could cause his family a scandal if things got more serious..." Cecilia sighed, "I just try not to think too far ahead." Because it scares you, you coward, said a nasty voice.

<Mayday> Mayday sighed, ".....I don't need to be encouraged to think like that.", she laughed nervously, "Not with....you know, everything..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia quirked an eyebrow. "And why not?" She asked. "I'm not saying cheat. That's the last thing I'd suggest. But..." She thought a moment. "Even if something doesn't last...you still have those moments. That time you spent with a person? It never goes away. It just stays with you."

<Cecilia> "I'm not so afraid of losing a thing that I never wanted to have it in the first place," Cecilia said, leaning against the piano. "I'm more afraid of not having it at all...Is that strange?"

<Mayday> ".....that went clean over my little head.", Mayday confessed, looking a little upset that it had, "I think you're trying to make me feel better but....s'not really workin'..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. It was hard to convey a feeling, especially when she was a science person and not a stellar conversationalist at the best of times. "What I'm trying to say you shouldn't fear what you'll do, only what you won't do."

<Cecilia> "There's no God, May," Cecilia said, quite certain of this. "At least, I'm pretty sure there isn't. There's only what we want. It makes sense to do what makes you happy, to be selfish sometimes..."

<Cecilia> "I think you should do what makes you happy in that situation...but no matter what you do, you'll have my support," she said quietly. "I'll always be your friend."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded slowly, "So....if I hung myself from a web strand....", she half-joked, which hurt to even attempt.

<Cecilia> Cecilia looked beyond horrified at this. "You would kill me. I mean it, Mayday. You'd really kill me."

<Cecilia> She stood up abruptly, shoving the piano bench back. "Please tell me you are not contemplating suicide because of this. God, Mayday!" She exclaimed, angrily. Though her face gave a different message.

<Mayday> "N-no! No, I-I didn't....I didn't mean...", she frowned, face cracking a little as she felt a few tears well up, "I-I just....I don't know what I want and...."

<Cecilia> "Oh for Christsakes, May." Cecilia said, anger draining out of her. She grabbed the other girl and hugged her tightly. "Nobody said you have to decide now," she chuckled a little hysterically. "But this is not worth killing yourself over! God…"

<Cecilia> "I'd never forgive you..." she said, scared. That and the Catholic in her was screaming no higher power would either. Suicide was a one-way ticket to Hell. She'd been taught that her entire life and though she didn't think if there was a God he could be so cruel, she didn't really want to test this theory.

<Mayday> Mayday started to cry, nodding and apologizing into Cecilia's clothes as she gripped her tighter, unable to stop the tears.

<Cecilia> Cecilia felt a more than a little scared. Should she say something to Guan? It also didn't help that she was getting dangerously close to tears too. "Shshsh," she said. "You don't have anything to apologize for. Don't worry, we'll get everything straightened out. I promise..."

<Mayday> "I wouldn't, I-I wouldn't do that...", Mayday sniffled, moving back and wiping her eyes, "I-I just...", removing her glasses she took a deep breath, "I just don't know how to deal with all this guilt I feel..."

<Cecilia> "...Confess?" Cecilia tried, chuckling. But Mayday wasn't Catholic. "Look, maybe you should talk to someone. What about Guan? I do for my shit. She's actually not as scary as you might think."

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "I don't...I-I don't think it merits intervention.", she smiled wryly, "I know, look at me in this state saying that, huh?", she shook her head, looking down at her glasses, "B-but....m-maybe I'm just getting all worked up over nothing. I-I mean that's what I do, isn't it?"

<Cecilia> "I didn't think so either," Cecilia admitted. "That's how I went untreated for PTSD for seven years." She frowned, "I don't think it's 'nothing' when you're suggesting suicide. That's not funny, Mayday. Not even remotely."

<Cecilia> "You do worry a lot," Cecilia agreed. "Look, I just...we lived in similar circumstances in life that kind of thing...takes a toll on a person. Plus, the first year you were here the whole Apocalypse thing happened and the Horseman fight. Then you lost friends to Traskland, then you had that transformation and the whole Sue thing over Christmas and now this..."

<Cecilia> "...I dunno, it's just been one thing after another. That and you're meeting your dad soon, another big life change...I thought it'd might help..."

<Mayday> "I think a week off'd help.", Mayday groaned, rubbing her eyes and replacing her glasses, "I-it's probably just a bad spur.", she tried a faltering smile again, "I'm really sorry. I-I should just....", sighing, she stood up, "I need some fresh air. Maybe I'll....I don't know, patrol or something. That's what the cool kids do, right?"

<Cecilia> "Don't apologize," Cecilia said, brow seriously furrowed. "I could come with you, if you want company..." She just prayed Mayday actually let her. If not she was running downstairs and getting Guan. She'd been told 'it's nothing' before from Mayday and look what happened then. Spiders...

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "....y-yeah. Yeah, I....mmn.", she nodded some more.

<Cecilia> Cecilia didn't know if that meant 'yes' or not, but she wasn't gonna give Mayday another option if she didn't have to. "I'll get my coat, then?" She said, pointing her thumb over her shoulder.

<Mayday> "Y-yeah.", Mayday nodded, "Hey, Cecilia? T-thank you. F-for....everything. Thank you.", she smiled, a little tear escaping.

<Cecilia> Cecilia slung an arm around Mayday. "No problemo, May. 'Sides, you'd do the same for me."

<Mayday> "I would.", she replied with certainty, leaning her head on her friend's shoulder, "I really would."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 2/8 Instance: It's Not Even a Thing

Post by steyn »

Live without regret, wise words that Jack takes to heart. And to bed.