3/11 Instance: A Friend, Indeed

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/11 Instance: A Friend, Indeed

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Laura: Feeling at ease in the simulated surroundings, Laura skulked through the simulated forest, weaving through the trees, claws at the ready to cut through any brush that happened to be in her way. Though, she was somewhat reluctant to do so for fear of leaving a trail for Hisako to follow. Most of the area was shaded, the sun occasionally cutting through the leaves, making it easy to stick to the shadows.

Laura: Surprisingly, she hadn't come across the Japanese girl thus far.

Hisako: Waiting on high, Hisako looked down at her opponent. She watched from the shade of the branches, knowing that soon, her opponent's heightened senses would catch her scent. She smiled a little, "Onagai ishimasu.", she whispered to herself, eyes glowing violet.

Hisako: Beside Laura, a glowing purple armor plate formed. Like a genji-armor clad swordsman, leaping upwards and bringing down his pulsing blade.

Laura: Laura twisted as the area next to her lit up, swinging her arm around to deflect the blade with her claws. She kicked the figure once the blade was clear of her, knocking him back and taking the moment to scan the area, eyes narrowing as she tried to spot Hisako.

Hisako: Already stood amongst the greenery, Hisako held out her hand, summoning a bright pink psionic katana into her hands and charging forward, preparing her strike as if drawing the blade from a hilt on her belt. Her mind replayed her Bushido doctrine: a samurai could cut down a foe in a single strike.

Hisako: This foe, however, was no simple one. As the distance closed, Hisako's armor faded away, re-appearing around her body in strategic locations above her training jumpsuit, hovering centimeters apart from her body. With a cry, her blade left her side, swishing upwards in a magenta C-arc.

Laura: Jumping back to avoid the sword, Laura grit her teeth as she considered her roommate for a brief moment, rushing forward with her claws outstretched. Once she was in close enough, she slashed, making sure she'd hit an armored section.

Hisako: Taking the hit against her armor - which glowed more intensely as it was stricken - Hisako drew her sword back, swinging it violently to the side across Laura's stomach as soon as she saw the chance to.

Laura: Hissing, Laura's face twisted as she blade slashed across her midsection while she tried to drop back. Smacking the sword away with her claws, she worked through the pain, sending a kick to Hisako's side.

Hisako: Hisako grunted as the force carried through with a strength that shattered the psionic 'plate' on her side, the kick hitting the side of her body and sending her rolling onto her side. Rolling over, she stood as fast as she could, lunging again for Laura as another section of force armor flickered into existence where the last had broken.

Laura: Laura sidestepped to get behind the other girl, trying for another kick into her back.

Hisako: Connecting with the same strength, the kick sent Hisako forwards. She released her psionic blade, curling up and rolling forward before turning back to Laura. The blade had flickered out of existence, leaving Hisako unarmed. She smirked, raising her hands and squatting into a martial arts stance.

Hisako: Turning her hand as if it was a movie, she beckoned Laura with a cocky look on her face.

Laura: Laura's head tilted at the motion, and she took a moment to consider Hisako, slowly beginning to circle the other girl as she searched for the best point of attack. As she came around Hisako's side, she rushed forward, swiping upward.

Hisako: Dodging with a side-step, Hisako spun, crouched and delivered her left hand into Laura's side, pushing a violet psionic fist into her.

Laura: With a grunt, Laura stumbled to the side, quickly regaining her footing and raising her arms defensively to block any other potential blows.

Hisako: Spotting Laura switching to defensive, Hisako smirked, raising her hands and bringing a large, glowing halberd-shaped construct into existence above her head. She stepped forward, spinning it around and stabbing for her target before suddenly stumbling forth, the construct glowing bright white rather than pink...

Laura: Laura smacked the weapon of hard light to the side with her claws, taking the opportunity to step in close to Hisako. However, the change of color caught her attention, causing her to pause, brow furrowed. Was it supposed to do that?

Hisako: Moments later, the Japanese girl fell to her knees, gripping her head with pained gasps escaping her trembling body. Her forcefield armor got brighter and brighter, until almost burning white-pink, shaking and shifting in shape like a cubist's nightmare all around her.

Laura: Laura imagined that answered her question, and she crouched down next to Hisako, careful of the shifting shapes. With a look of concern, she decided words were actually necessary now and asked, "Hisako?"

Hisako: The forcefields around her spiked and jarred, shattering away as Hisako started to scream in pain, falling onto her side and writhing in the simulated soil. She clenched her teeth together, fingers pushing into her head as if trying to claw inside and remove the epicenter of her distress.

Laura: Retracting her claws, Laura ordered Danger to end the simulation and risked reaching out to grab Hisako's shoulder, repeating with a bit more urgency, "Hisako?"

Hisako: Shuddering, Hisako looked up, her eyes bloodshot and her nose bleeding. She looked like she was barely staving off a seizure, "I-I....d-don't know....why this...", she managed, "...my head--!", she screamed again, tightly grabbing her hair in her hands and convulsing in agony.

Laura: "It doesn't matter why right now," she assured her, glancing to the door as the forest scene completely faded from view. She needed to get her to the medlab, but she didn't know whether attempting to move her would be for the best. It almost made her wish they were in their room because Cecilia was a wealth of medical knowledge. Regardless, they were going to the medlab because she wasn't just going to sit around.

Laura: Laura leaned down to slide her arm around her roommate, hooking her around her waist, and attempted to haul her up, "The medlab isn't very far. We just need to make it there."

Hisako: Nodding against Laura, Hisako attempted to stand, the grim, impossible pain in the core of her brain making her stumble badly. She couldn't think at all, desperately clinging to the other girl to help her as she wiped blood from her face onto her sleeve. Eyes streaming with tears of raw pain, she let Laura guide her.

Laura: She pulled Hisako's arm around her shoulders, supporting as much of the other girl's weight as she could while keeping them both upright. Once they'd exited the Danger Room, Laura carefully started them down the hallway, "It is not much further."

Hisako: Unable to even think, Hisako hurriedly tried to move her legs to follow along, stumbling at odd intervals. She felt herself become weary, sagging down against Laura and mumbling something incoherent.

Laura: Laura was having the opposite problem, as she was fairly sure she was over-thinking things. Stumbling to the side as Hisako started to become dead weight, she grit her teeth and regained her balance, practically dragging Hisako through the doorway to the medlab. She had absolutely no idea what was wrong with the other girl, but she hoped she was okay because she actually liked her.

Hisako: Hisako's eyes blurred as she somehow managed to shuffle over to a bed and fall down upon it, looking up at Laura. She opened her mouth to speak, unable to form a sentence, simply repeating over and over in a sholered haze, "Laura-chan....Laura...chan..."

Laura: "I am right here..." Laura assured her, indecisively hovering by her bedside, torn between staying with her friend and going to find the doctor. She eyed Hisako for a few moments and, once she decided the Japanese girl may not know the difference, added, "...and I will be back once I locate Dr. McCoy."

Hisako: The last of Hisako's strength came out in a low sigh as she nodded, gently sliding back onto the bed and giving way to the blurry blackness creeping in from all sides of her vision. She exhaled, hand raised to Laura slowly sinking back to her side as she passed out, twitching at odd intervals as she drew in shaky breaths.

--- Time Passes ---

Laura: After finding McCoy and staying nearby through the entire process of examining Hisako, she'd had to explain what had gone on in the Danger Room umpteen times and take a guess at a number of other questions. Relief had flooded her when she'd been left anxiously awaiting her roommate's awakening in a chair next to her bedside, the doctor going off to complete some task.

Laura: Leaning forward in her seat, with a sigh, she reached to lightly cover Hisako's hand with her own since she'd been reaching for her before she'd gone to find Doctor McCoy.

Hisako: The touch made Hisako move gently. She stirred, turning to Laura and blinking at her with tired eyes, "...l-laura-chan...", she managed, smiling gently at her friend and trying not to be worried at the IV she could feel in her arm.

Laura: Laura managed a grim smile in return, slowly nodding, "I am here."

Hisako: Hisako's hand retreated slightly, her eyes falling to their hands. Her lip twitched slightly, a small frown appearing before she clasped Laura's hand tighter, suddenly choking up a few tears.

Laura: Not entirely sure what to make of the tears, she simply gave her hand a squeeze and scooted her chair a bit closer, so she wasn't leaning so far forward.

Hisako: For a few moments, Hisako just let herself cry, moving up her other hand to wipe her eyes, "G-Gomenasai, Laura-chan!", she sobbed, sniffling and trying to compose herself as she shivvered.

Laura: "It is okay," Laura assured her once more, giving her hand another squeeze. She wasn't sure she'd ever had to deal with a fit of crying, and she hoped she was doing this correctly.

Hisako: Shaking her head, Hisako looked at her, "N-no, it is not! I-I....I...", she struggled to take a breath, "...I-I never...I never ask people for help because I want to be strong, a-and if you didn't help me...", she choked up another sob,

Laura: "You did not have to ask," Laura replied, also shaking her head. "But it is good to accept help from others sometimes, even if you don't necessarily like or want to."

Hisako: "My w-whole life I...I've had to be alone, to fend for myself and be strong.", Hisako explained, sniffling and rubbing her eyes on her wrist again, "...I have to...b-because people think I'm weak. I-I have to be strong, ookasa...m-my mother is saying this..."

Laura: Laura continued to shake her head, "I know how that is, and I do not think you are weak."

Hisako: Hisako raised her knees, hugging them with one arm, "...I just want to make my father proud!", she cried, closing her eyes, "I wish...I wish he was here..."

Laura: Her nose wrinkled slightly at the mention of fathers, and she sighed, giving Hisako's hand another squeeze, as she opted to switch subjects, "The doctor said there is a foreign substance in your blood... What is it?"

Hisako: Wincing, Hisako looked to her, shame clear on her face, "....I-I wanted to be better with my power. I-I bought this....Kick. F-from Q-...Quentin..."

Laura: "The guy with pink hair, correct?" Laura asked, not nearly as familiar with the dealer as she was with the actual drug. Her father had used it in his experiments frequently.

Hisako: "Y-yes...", Hisako confirmed, "...I thought....I could become more powerful. B-but....it didn't work..."

Laura: "Because that is not how becoming more powerful is supposed to work," Laura replied with a slight shrug, "It is supposed to take work and training to become better. With those, there's far less risk of your brain hemorrhaging."

Hisako: Hisako visibly shuddered at that, looking at Laura with renewed panic, "'B-brain hemorrhage'?", she repeated, her heart-rate spiking audibly on the ECG monitor, "I-I almost...could kill myself!?"

Laura: She shot a look to the beeping machine before turning her gaze back to Hisako's panicked expression as she answered, "You generally run the risk of killing yourself with most drugs. In this case, it's a brain hemorrhage, yes."

Hisako: Looking completely hopeless, Hisako slowly sank back in the hospital bed, "....I...was so stupid.", she breathed, her hand loosening itself from Laura's own and returning to rest on her chest. Turning away, Hisako closed her eyes, "...it's pathetic..."

Laura: Now that her hand was freed, Laura sat back in her seat, nodding, "It was stupid, but mistakes happen."

Hisako: Unable to bring herself to look at the other girl, Hisako remained looking away, wrapping her arms around herself and watching the ECG monitor idly.

Laura: "You will have to quit," she stated, despite the fact being obvious enough unspoken. "Your brain, as well as the rest of your body, cannot handle the stress of your boosted powers, which I imagine Doctor McCoy will wish to reiterate to you later."

Hisako: Hisako hummed a response, feeling too disappointed in herself to speak.

Laura: Sighing, Laura shifted slightly in her seat and crossed her arms, unsure of what else to say. After sitting in silence, pondering what to say, she finally asked, "Do you want anything from our room? Your hand-held gaming device, books, schoolwork...?"

Hisako: "....no.", Hisako answered shortly, "I won't stay here if I don't need to."

Laura: She gave a nod and let the conversation lapse into silence once more, picking a spot on the wall to stare at, her attention eventually drifting back to her roommate, "Do you want me to stay with you?"

Hisako: For a few moments, Hisako remained silent. She gulped a little, nodding quickly, but remaining turned away. Her hand slipped free, timidly sliding across the hospital bed to where it was before.

Laura: Wordlessly, Laura sat up a bit and reached to take the other girl's hand again, settling in to wait for the doctor to return.

Hisako: The feel of Laura's hand made Hisako blink free another tear. She felt hopelessly lost all over again, but at least now she knew she wasn't alone. Someone wanted to understand.

Hisako: "......a-arig-...thank you.", she managed in a whisper.

Laura: With a slight smile, Laura quietly replied, "Dou itashimashite."