3/12 Instance: Flours and Candy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/12 Instance: Flours and Candy

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Unexplained

Rogue: Rogue rolled out the dough, pushing the roller over and over it until it was the perfect smoothness. She dug through her box of cookie cutters until she found some she liked. Random shapes, a few disney-esque shapes. Even if her new niece couldn't eat them yet, she could still make them for her.

Rachel: After having had a smoke on the patio, Rachel wandered into the kitchen and eyed the cookie dough on her way to the fridge. She grabbed a coke and headed over to the counter to test her luck, attempting to steal a small bit as she spoke, "So... She's, like, way pissed at me."

Rogue: Rogue swatted at her with a towel she was using to wipe flour off of her hands. "Y'all can lick tha bowl. It's over there." She pointed to the bowl on the island with one of the cookie cutters. "'Cause Ah care 'bout y'all? She seems real rational."

Rachel: With a roll of her eyes, she moved over to the bowl and set her coke on the counter in favor of the cookie dough, answering as she scraped the edges of the bowl with a spoon, "Because I didn't have anything to add to that conversation, it took her by surprise, and it's ridiculous to think she'd break up with me in the first place..."

Rachel: After a moment of considering her answer, she shrugged, "Or something like that."

Rogue: "Ah never said she'd break up with ya. Hell, Sam broke mah heart b'fore an' we never broke up."

Rachel: "Josh broke up with me that one time, and you didn't kill him..." Right, poor phrasing. Rachel paused to actually eat the bite she'd scooped out of the bowl, continuing when she'd finished it, "So, it's not like she should be that worried about it."

Rogue: "Ah never aim ta kill friends. Mah bark's worse'n mah bite 'less they do somethin' more'n just break mah best friend's heart." She sighed and set out the shaped dough on the tray. "She kinda got irrational f'r no reason."

Rachel: Rachel turned to lean back against the counter, taking a sip of her drink before speaking, "Yeah, I told her she was the one making it a problem. ...That didn't go over very well."

Rogue: "'Kay, Ah hate it when people ask me this, but... Is she on her period'r somethin'? Ah mean, c'mon. Ah ain't that bad."

Rachel: "Pfft, no," she shook her head, pausing for another bite before she pointed out, "Though, I am the one that told you not to say anything because she'd be upset."

Rogue: Rogue balled up the rest of the dough and started rolling it out again. "It still makes no sense ta me why she was upset. Most people're like 'don't worry, Ah promise Ah'll treat her right.' Not 'fuck you, y'all're a bully'."

Rachel: "Well, some people don't like others in their business," she reasoned, frowning when she realized it was getting increasingly difficult to get dough from the bowl.

Rogue: "Ah'm family. Family gets ta be in ya business." She finished rolling it out and cut out more shapes. "What does she think Ah am? Chopped liver? Y'all got a say in mah relationship with Sam."

Rachel: "I don't know what she thinks..." Rachel trailed off a bit after that statement, coming to the realization that she was probably the worst telepath ever. She didn't think to forewarn Paige, never thought to read anyone's mind... Yep, failure. Heaving a sigh, she finished off the cookie dough and reached for her coke, "We had a spat, and she told me to leave. "

Rachel: The thrown shoe was not worth mentioning to Rogue.

Rogue: Rogue turned to look at Rachel, eyes wide, "She broke up with y'all?! 'Cause Ah wanted ta make sure she wasn't gonna hurt ya?!" Rogue balled up the cookie dough and gave Rachel more of it. "That's insane. She's completely irrational!"

Rachel: "No, that would be completely ridiculous. She just wanted me to fuck off for a while," she rolled her eyes, taking the cookie dough anyway, "Do you really think I'd be this calm if she had?"

Rogue: "Yes. Ah do. 'Cause ya don't show ya emotions on tha outside. It takes a lot o' proddin'." She sighed, "Ah'm sorry that she's not so fond o' me."

Rachel: "Pfft, if we broke up, we wouldn't be having a conversation. I would've just gone straight to Vito's." Livers were totally overrated anyway. Rachel gave a shrug, "Well, she'd probably be fine with you if you'd listened to me, but whatever. Not much to be done about it now."

Rogue: "When do Ah ever listen ta anybody?" She finished cutting out as many shapes as she could, took a bite of the dough, then handed the rest to Rachel. "What makes her think Ah was bein' a bully?"

Rachel: Rachel smirked, "Obviously never because I just said I have no idea what she thinks."

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and threw some flour at Rachel. "Oh hush." She frowned and put the cookie sheet in the oven. "What'd she tell y'all about it?"

Rachel: She attempted to brush the flour off, wishing she had something to retaliate with as she answered, "She actually didn't say a whole lot. Basically, I said I was going to leave, she said it wouldn't fix whatever problem we had, and that was where I said she was the one with the problem. She called you a bitch, I told her she was being a bitch, and that was where I got told to leave."

Rachel: "It was, like... the tamest fight I've ever had. I didn't even yell... I wasn't even that mean..." Rachel shook her head, "I left, smoked, and now I'm talking to you."

Rogue: Rogue blinked, "She thinks y'all have a problem?" Now she was confused all over again. "Why? What?"

Rachel: "Apparently, I should've forewarned her that you were going to talk to her about us, I guess? I don't know. You're just as lost as I am. Plus, I don't even know how fighting works with her yet," Rachel shrugged, "With Josh, we just screamed horrible things at each other, and he apologized for being an idiot later. With Paige, I don't have screaming matches, and I think I'm the idiot."

Rachel: "And, I sort of tried apologizing... I mean, I got her flowers." Being that nice was not something she generally did, and it was awkward and weird. It was for Paige though, which made kind of alright... with the exception that she was still pissed at her. "Which, I don't know if you know this, but they don't help."

Rogue: Rogue winced, "Wow. Really? Y'all did that?" She laughed at the thought of Rachel offering flowers. "No, they don't. Did she think they were pretty at least?"

Rachel: "Yeah, yeah... I'm sure I looked completely ridiculous," she commented at the laughter, nodding, "She thanked me and said it was thoughtful."

Rogue: "So... Y'all're tha boy in tha relationship, then?"

Rachel: Rachel reached for her drink while she thought about that one, eventually replying, "I guess I am today."

Rogue: "When do you ever get ta be tha gal?"

Rachel: "When I'm being an over-emotional, occasionally drunken, wreck that blows everything out of proportion at three in the morning because I can't always cope with how much life sucks?"

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow, "Ah guess. But why don't ya get ta be a gal 'bout this too? This ain't just her relationship."

Rachel: Rachel gave a shrug at the eyebrow. She supposed that answer had been oddly specific, but those were moments when she definitely felt like the girl... Not that she put much thought like that into it. "Why does it matter if I am or not?"

Rogue: "'Cause it should be a fair relationship. Y'all shouldn't hafta grovel at her feet if ya still think she's wrong. Y'all should work it out like adults. She's actin' like a needy child."

Rachel: "You do realize that I am like a needy child half the time, right?" Rachel asked just to double-check, adding, "And I never said she was wrong. I just think she's being ridiculous and that the entire thing could've been avoided."

Rogue: "Yeah, but y'all are logical at least." She pulled the cookie sheet out of the oven when the timer beeped and set it on the stove to cool. "Could've been avoided? What, by me never sayin' a word 'bout how Ah care if y'all get hurt? Screw that."

Rachel: "I'm sure my rationality is debatable." Because nothing had been logical about her hunt for Nur. "And, yes, that. I mean, you could've waited until something actually went wrong, not that I foresee that happening..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed, "Well... Everybody has lapses in judgement." She shook her head and got back on topic, "No, Ah don't necessarily either, but Ah wanna make sure people're forewarned. Y'all're mah family. Y'all get hurt, Ah take care of it. Plain an' simple."

Rachel: "Fuck forewarning. I'd rather the element of surprise when I plan on punching someone in the face for doing something stupid," Rachel shrugged. "Anyway, I guess I'll just figure it out. ...Later."

Rogue: Rogue laughed again, "Only if they did that somethin' stupid on purpose." She shrugged, too, "If she has a problem, it's with me. Tell her she can come hit me all she wants if that's what it takes. It shouldn't cause problems with y'all that Ah wanna make sure y'all're well taken care of."

Rachel: "Paige doesn't hit anything," Rachel shook her head, shooting her a wicked grin, "And she definitely takes care of me."

Rogue: "Ew!" Rogue shuddered and sacrificed a cookie to throw at Rachel's head. "Gal! Too much!"

Rachel: Laughing, she caught the cookie and gave a roll of her eyes, smirking widely, "Oh, please. That was hardly anything. I mean, I could tell you about the time in a dressing room at the mall..."

Rogue: "Stop!" Rogue picked up the rolling pin, mock-threateningly, "Ah'll do it!"

Rachel: "Well... Now that I've scarred you..." she started, pausing to take a bite of the cookie and reach for her unfinished coke, "I'll just leave you with that."

Rogue: Rogue fake-gagged. "Ah'd go grouse at Bobby, but he'd just think it's hot."

Rachel: "Oh, it is," Rachel sagely nodded, pushing off the counter to start for the door, "I'm going out. If I come back later, and she's still pissed, I'm sleeping in your room."

Rogue: "Ah have no problem with that. It'll be like old times." She frowned in thought then, "...Wait... Would Paige get jealous? Ah don't know how this whole thing works now."

Rachel: "It works like it always has, and probably not. I mean, there's not much to be jealous of," Rachel teased.

Rogue: Rogue frowned and threw more flour. "Hey now! Ah'm damned hot, thank y'all very much!"

Rachel: "I'd comment, but I don't really think about you like that. At all," she shook her head, pausing in the doorway, "But, Bobby will tell you you're hot."

Rogue: "Ah know it. Ah make him tell me when Ah'm feelin' bad 'bout mahself," she smirked.

Rachel: Rachel snorted and gave a wave as she started back out the door, calling back, "I'll see you later."

Rogue: "Bye, sugah. Let me know how it goes."