3/13 Instance: Captain Hardcore

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/13 Instance: Captain Hardcore

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Flours and Candy and Moral Gay Areas

Mayday: Mayday stepped outside the back door, looking around for Rachel. She resisted the urge to call out for her - if Rachel was as upset as Paige had made her out to be, she'd probably not be in a mood to talk. Even so, a talk was necessary - she was living proof that just because you didn't want something didn't mean you didn't need it.

Rachel: After an impulsive trip to the tattoo parlor, Rachel had found her usual spot on the patio table, smoke in hand with an unopened bottle of tequila because Paige was a wimp and wouldn't do shots of whiskey. However, she hadn't quite been able to bring herself to go back up to their room.

Mayday: "Check you out, Captain Hardcore.", Mayday joked, spotting Rachel approaching her seat and leaning out of the back door, "You alright?"

Rachel: "I sorta like the sound of that," Rachel smirked over at her, making sure to blow smoke in the opposite direction of Mayday as she nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine."

Mayday: Nodding, Mayday stepped out, zipping up her Dead Space inspired hoodie as she did so, "So er....how's Paige, hm?", she started with.

Rachel: She raised an eyebrow at the question as she took a drag, vaguely wondering why this was coming up. Regardless, she answered, "Last I checked, extremely pissed."

Mayday: "She was more worried you'd be upset with her.", Mayday assured her, "She's....in the medlab, she fell out of the bath and hurt herself. She's why I'm here."

Rachel: Rachel pulled the cigarette away from her lips just before taking another drag, turning her full attention to Mayday. After blinking a few times as that processed, she finally managed a stunned, "What the fuck do you mean she hurt herself?"

Mayday: "Ok, first off, calm down.", Mayday raised a hand, "She's fine, she cut her hand quite badly, but it's nothing a few stitches and some time away from using it won't fix. Her head was hit, but it's just a little bruised.", she lowered her hand again, "She's more worried about you, actually..."

Rachel: "Which hand? How long can she not use it? Are you sure it just needs stitches? Are you sure her head is just bruised?" she rattled off the first questions that came to mind, realizing she wasn't doing very well with this concept of calming down. Plus, these weren't exactly questions for Mayday.

Rachel: Pulling her gaze from the other girl, she brought her hand back up to take a long drag and slowly exhaled through her nose, eventually mumbling, "Sorry... But, I just... why the hell is she worried about me?"

Mayday: Mayday leaned on the wall, folding her arms, "Don't you get it yet? She thinks she hurt you. She's hurt, and she lashed out. It's just....something that happens in relationships. You gotta try and be there for people when that happens."

Rachel: "Well, I--" No, she didn't get it. The only thing she really got right now was that Paige was in the medlab. She shook her head, focusing on the last half instead, however she found herself just as speechless, "Yeah, I guess..."

Mayday: "You 'guess'?", the younger redhead smiled, "Look, just....talk to her, ok? She's hurt, yeah, but moreso inside than anything."

Rachel: "Being there at the right times isn't exactly a specialty of mine," Rachel admitted with a slight face. Just like her mother. "And I was going to talk to her... after I smoked this. I just didn't expect her to be in the medlab..." Flicking the cigarette butt away, she sighed, "I'm such a shitty girlfriend."

Mayday: Mayday shook her head at that, sitting beside Rachel, "No, you're a perfect human being. We all make blunders, or did you not get the memo about Sue and I almost falling apart?", she kicked the other girl playfully under the table, "Don't emo out, I thought you were cool!"

Rachel: "It was hard not to since I ended up standing outside her window, too," Rachel managed a slight smile. "This whole thing is... Ugh. Y'know? Like, I told Rogue not to say anything. Then, Paige was pissed about it, and we had a spat. I figured I'd go out for a bit, and we could talk later, which we still can... just in the medlab..."

Mayday: Laughing, Mayday shook her head, "Well, you can't please everyone, can you?", she shrugged, "Rogue sounds like she needs to just....angle her sentences better. Paige shouldn't be so sensitive, and you?", she put a hand on Rachel's shoulder, "You just need to stand up for yourself - you needn't worry about Paige leaving you for having a back-bone, you know."

Mayday: Patting her arm, Mayday raised a finger, "See, if Rogue was being too aggressive, mention it to her! She might've been mad at first, but she'd calm down if she looked at it rationally.", another finger was raised, "Paige is nice, but she can be overly sensitive - tell her not to listen to people if they're gonna sulk or whatev': you love her, that's all that matters!"

Rachel: "I think I've figured that much out," Rachel nodded, biting down on her lip at 'love'. While she loved Paige, she hadn't really thought about whether she loved Paige, and she was sure she looked completely mortified by the suggestion of it as she stuttered out, "Yeah, um... That i-is the important bit..."

Mayday: "Exactly, so why bother freaking out?", Mayday smiled, "Check me out! I'm clearly far too smiley-smiley-rainbows, huh?", she giggled.

Rachel: "I'm pretty used to smiley-smiley-rainbows," Rachel assured her, shaking her head, "I'm not the one that was freaking out that badly about it all... except for the medlab stuff. I'm kinda freaked out about that."

Mayday: Mayday poked Rachel's arm with a finger, "She. Is. Fine.", she insisted, "I promise you. She's just...paying for being clumsy I guess.", she smiled wryly, "She looked moreso embarrassed I'd found her than in agony.", she looked away, "Aaaalso, she has...really soft skin...."

Rachel: "I'm sure she is, but I'm going to freak out about it until I go see her," Rachel replied, smirking a bit, "Bubble bath... It's awesome."

Mayday: Nodding in agreement, Mayday patted Rachel's arm again, "You both deserve one after today.", she smiled, "Me too.", she tapped her nose, "Bein' all Paragon."

Rachel: "Paige was taking one when I left, but I'm not really opposed to the idea," she grinned, pushing a hand through her hair, "Thanks for helping her, by the way."

Mayday: "It's what I dooooo.", Mayday gronned, standind up, "Fixin' aaaallll the things.", she started towards the patio door, "Tell you what, how about we call this a thanks for the epic serenade of epicness?"

Rachel: "Sounds like a fair trade," Rachel said as she got up herself, grabbing the bottle of tequila because there was no way she was forgetting it. Plus, seeing as she had stitches, it might be more likely that Paige would want it.

Mayday: Mayday waved a little salute to Rachel, "Us gays gotta look out for each other, eh?", she winked, "Later, 'Captain Hardcore'(!)", with that, the redhead slipped into the mansion again.