3/13 Instance: How Do I Friend?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/13 Instance: How Do I Friend?

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after A Friend, Indeed

Laura: It hadn't been particularly difficult to track down Eddie Brock, as he was lounging in a chair in the kitchen with a cup of tea, seemingly focused on the tablet in his hand. Laura simply watched him for a few minutes before wandering further into the room, silently taking the seat across from him at the table and waiting.

Eddie: Looking up, he jumped a little, "Not gonna lie, I didn't expect that to be you.", Eddie smirked, shaking his head, "You shouldn't sneak up on people like that.", he placed the iPad in his hand onto the desk, "That yours then? D'you want it back?"

Laura: "I didn't sneak though," Laura replied, giving a slight shake of her head as she added, "Not unless you found it in a box under my bed."

Eddie: "...", Eddie sighed, shrugging and lifting his cup, "It's a figure of speech, kiddo.", he explained with a wry smile, sipping his tea, "Anyway, what can I do for you? You have this aura of uncertainty like you wanna ask me a question..."

Laura: "Oh," she said after a moment of consideration, adding it to the ever-growing mental list of figures of speech. Folding her hands on the table, she stated, "I did want to ask you something..." Laura paused for a moment as she considered phrasing, "What is the proper response when somebody is upset? Because I have ascertained that it is not to sit there like a statue."

Eddie: Eddie couldn't help but choke on his tea at that, laughing a little, "Oh, God, you're more fun than a fart at a funeral!", he grinned, "Ok, ok...so, let's see...it really depends whether you think you can cheer them up.", he shrugged, "And that all depends on the issue - 'sup? Who's got what going on?"

Laura: "Hisako overdosed on Kick," Laura plainly replied.

Eddie: At that, Eddie nearly spat up his mouthful, coughing and placing his cup down, "Woah, what!?", he gasped, "W-when!? D-did you find her? Is she alright?"

Laura: "I was with her the other day in the Danger Room when the event occurred," she answered, giving a slight shrug, "I believe she is physically well with the exception of a possible brain hemorrhage, assuming she doesn't discontinue her use of the drug. Otherwise, she is upset, and I do not know the appropriate response."

Laura: After a beat, Laura added, "This is where you tell me."

Eddie: "Well....", Eddie blinked, "....erm....well, I think the important thing is for someone to know you're there for them if they need anything.", he smiled, "Hisako doesn't strike me as the kind of person you need to hug all the time, but sometimes people need to be let know they have people around who'll do anything to make them smile, you know?", he tapped his nose.

Laura: "That is good because hugs are strange..." Laura commented, brow furrowing as she mulled over everything else he'd said. Eventually, she gave a nod and moved on to her next question, "What do you do when they cry?"

Eddie: Eddie shrugged again, leaning back in his chair, "Eeeh, let 'em just cry it out. They have to let that emotion out in some way - a cry can be refreshing sometimes. Better than laying into people, eh?", he sniggered, "Bet she'd go all 'samurai-shit' on someone...hardcore."

Laura: Her head tilted slightly as she determined, "Then, I did have the correct response."

Eddie: "I guess so, eh?", he raised his cup to her, "Check you out, being a 'sterling member of society'!",

Laura: Laura managed a slight grin, "Well, I do try to be..."

Eddie: Sipping his tea, Eddie hummed in agreement, "So, when you see Hisako, you should just....I dunno, let her know you're there for her. Sometimes a hug's just a nice physical gesture to let someone know you care.", he explained, "I-I mean....aren't you someone's girlfriend? Or.....am I thinking of a different person...?"

Laura: She nodded in response, making a mental note of the hugging thing. She'd never been entirely sure on hugs, but she supposed it was, possibly, worth a try. However, she was unsure of how Hisako would take them, as she'd seemed reluctant on the hand holding thing. "Yes, Curt."

Eddie: "Woah, fuck me.", Eddie snorted, "You're dating Connors? Amusing pair.", he leaned forward, "N-not that it's funny! I'm happy for you and all that, 'sjust....not who I'd have thought you'd be with. You seem....how should I put it....", he leaned his chin on his hand, humming to himself, "...you seem like you'd want someone more....I dunno, 'extroverted'? No, not that...hm..."

Laura: "A lot of people seem to have that reaction," Laura said with a small shrug, leaning back in her seat.

Eddie: Eddie scratched his head, "Ah....sorry, chick. I don't mean to be rude, I just...well, I assumed wrong I suppose.", he smiled, "Still, it could be good for you! Sometimes contrasting personalities are like that - if you saw Liza....well...there you go!"

Laura: "He is nice enough and smart as well as patient when it comes to explaining things to me, however he has a tendency to become absorbed in his studies," Laura said, "As do I."

Eddie: "Hey, nothing wrong with a good work ethic - that's where your priorities should lie at your age.", Eddie cringed inwardly, realizing that he had become that guy in his 'old age', "A-at any rate, I'd say that's a good relationship.", he affirmed.

Laura: "It is functional," she nodded. After a few moments of watching Eddie, she hazarded asking, "How are you?"

Eddie: Sipping some more tea, he raised an eyebrow, "....what, like this second?", he shrugged again, "Eeeh, I'm alright. Just...kinda shook up since there's a possibility we're up against Kraven again...", he frowned, still unsure as to where that would end up."

Laura: "Well, I said 'are'. If I wanted to know about any other time, I would have specified," Laura reasoned. While she wasn't incredibly familiar with Kraven, she had heard things around the school about the man and how he was possibly connected to the body that had been found in the woods. "I'm afraid I'm not all that knowledgable on that subject."

Eddie: "Insane, God-fearing hunter, seeking to eradicate all mutants as they are 'demonic spawn'.", Eddie explained, with air quotations to boot, "If he wasn't nigh un-fucking-stoppable I wouldn't be so worried, but anyone who can survive a building collapse deserves a priority target warrant.", he frowned.

Laura: "I guess that'd explain the scripture Cecilia and I found in that abandoned building..."

Eddie: Eddie raised an eyebrow at that, "Scripture?", he cringed, "Yyyep, that fits his MO alright....fucking psychopath...", he sighed into his cup - no doubt about it: it had to be him.

Laura: "In the building where Johnny and Fabian found that body," she specified. Then, she realized the point of sneaking in there had been to avoid letting the police know they'd been there. "I am unsure as to whether I was supposed to tell you about that."

Eddie: "We're all on the same team, Laura.", Eddie assured her, "It's cool, seriously.", he considered that scene for a moment, "....yeeeeah, that....that makes sense. I didn't think about it too much, but....scripture, hm...",

Laura: "I believe Cecilia has the photographs of it, if you would like to take a look, however I imagine you could get into the building with your police connection."

Eddie: Standing, Eddie nodded, "I just might, actually. There's a few things I need to do today anyway.", he sighed, "No rest for the wicked, eh, kiddo?"

Laura: "I suppose not," Laura answered as she stood as well, "Thank you for your assistance." After a moment of debate, she suggested, "We should go heroing again sometime."

Eddie: With a grin, Eddie nodded, "Sure thing, just lemme know when you fancy it, alright? Everyone and their dog has my number, so just bell me if you need me.", he waved a little salute before leaving his cup in the sink and heading off, "Later, Laura..."

Laura: "Of course. Goodbye, Eddie," Laura gave him a stiff wave as he headed out the door. Glancing around the kitchen, she decided she didn't require anything and started back toward her bedroom. Perhaps Hisako would be there now...