3/17 Instance: Black Butterfly, Amber Samurai

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/17 Instance: Black Butterfly, Amber Samurai

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Hisako: Taking Cessily's advice, Hisako had taken to trying to get her sleeping pattern in order by regulating her diet and getting in to bed at a reasonable time. Like all advice that was good, it didn't neccesarilly work all the time - her current position was proof of that.

Hisako: Sat in front of the TV at gone 1am, she picked at a noodle pot with a pair of chopsticks, snorting a little laugh at the anime she was watching and curling up beneath her blanket. At least she was relaxing, which was probably the best thing.

Cassie: Draw close by the flickering shine and the sounds of the TV set, Cassandra strolled in from the hallway, hands still buried in the pockets of her coat. "If there isn't someone way beyond their bedtime," she said, a faint smile on her lips, as she stepped passed the couch and slipped into one of the free chairs.

Hisako: "Oh, Cassie-chan.", Hisako waved, "I can't sleep. So instead I watch 'Darker Than Black'.", she smiled a little herself, another mouthful of ramen following her words.

Cassie: "Sounds like something just after my taste," the other girl commented with a sideways glance towards the screen. Pulling her hands out of her pockets, she then began to slowly peel off her black cotton gloves. "Had I known of your little bout of inomnia, I would have asked if you had liked to come along with me, of course."

Hisako: Hisako raised her eyebrow, "Did you go somewhere nice?", she chewed another mouthful of noodles shortly after speaking, swallowing and laughing a little, "Sorry, I just have found this noodles I like from Japan.", she showed off the 'Cup Noodle' symbol, "They have little mecha in them!",

Hisako: Poking at the coffee table with her toe she pointed out the tiny red robot, "Mecha meal is best meal."

Cassie: "Oh, I was just exploring the nearby town, to see if there's any interesting nightlife to be found out here," Cassandra replied, pulling up her legs onto the chair's cushion and crossing them at the ankles. "I simply love being out in the dark." She smiled at the other student. "What can I say, I'm a true nighttime bird."

Cassie: "Ooh, look at that!" She leaned forward to take a closer look at the small figurine, reaching out to curiously poke it with a finger. "More things should come with free toys."

Hisako: "Do you want?", Hisako nudged one of the other four cups she had lined up, "I know: I am a pig.", she giggled a little, "Free mecha, Cassiiiiiie!"

Cassie: Cassandra's eyes lit up as she looked back and forth between Hisako and the tiny robot. "You... would give it me?" An impish little smirk slipped onto her face as she bit down on her lower lip. Picking up the figuring, she made it hop over the curve of her knee. "But it's your mecha, and I don't even have anything to give to you in turn."

Hisako: Shrugging, Hisako nodded, "I have all three of those. And many others. If you like, you can have a cup of noodles also - the boiling water is in the teapot on the table.", she smiled, finishing another mouthful of food, "Mmm....reminds me of home so much."

Cassie: "Well, in that case, thank you." She held up the tiny robot and smiled. "I promise to take good care of it. It'll have a good home on my shelf. And who knows, maybe it's the first in my very own collection?" She chuckled, placing the figure on the arm of her chair.

Cassie: "But yes, I've found an exciting little club not all too far out," Cassandra then added, returning to Hisako's original question "Kind of the alternative place. Very relaxed. They have these events where they have an open stage for amateur performers."

Hisako: "Like a kareoke club?", Hisako asked, "It sounds interesting...free microphones can be - people say poems and perform, all really diverse.",

Cassie: "Yes, something like that." Cassandra nodded. "You never know what to expect. Some people might sing, or recite poems, or play the saw, while next you get to see a mime, someone spinning the plates, or even a burlesque dancer. It's all very exciting."

Cassie: "If you're interesting, I could check when they have their next event and then you could come along," she offered, glancing up at Hisako again. "Only if you're... feeling better, of course."

Hisako: At that, Hisako's smile faded, "....oh. So...you heard, too.", she frowned a little, "I suppose everyone knows now...", she sighed, lowering her cup of noodles and looking away.

Cassie: Cassandra stopped playing with her new toy robot, her gaze focused on Hisako. "Well, all I know is that you had to be taken down to the medlab," she said, keeping her voice low, followed by brief silence. She took a deep breath. "I mean, I've heard rumors..."

Hisako: "What rumors?", the Japanese girl pushed, looking back to Cassandra.

Cassie: "It's never been my intention to judge anyone, if that's what you're worried about," Cassandra replied, a small but sincere smile on her lips. Shifting in her chair, she sat up straight and ran a hand through her hair. "All I care for is if you're going to be alright."

Hisako: Hisako frowned, looking back to the anime on screen, "I'll....be fine.", she nodded, frowning slightly.

Cassie: After exchanging a silent look with the girl sitting across from her, Cassandra eventually nodded at Hisako. "That's all I wanted to hear," she then said with a grin, her once serious demeanor again making way for her usual perky cheerfulness.

Cassie: She let herself fall back into the chair. "So... I don't have to worry about you, do I?" A single strand of black hair got twirled around her finger.

Hisako: Sighing, Hisako poked at her noddle cup some more, "....I...just feel ashamed. And then people worry about me and I feel stupid...", she looked back at Cassandra, "I will be alright. I just have to go easy for some days. Not use my power so much...", she shrugged, "...I-I'm...sorry I made everyone worry."

Cassie: "See? You're already much better at judging yourself than anyone else ever could." Cassandra leaned forward to steal a leftover noodle from Hisako's cup, smiling at the Japanese student as she tilted back her head to drop it into her mouth. "Even though I dressed up as a nun before for one of my performances, you won't have to fear any sermons coming from me."

Hisako: Hisako blinked, blushing a little that Cassandra had just done such a thing, "Y-you...", she pointed at the noodle cup, "...y-you know if you want some noodles, you can have one.", she pointed to the other cups on the table.

Cassie: "Oh, thank you." Shifting in her chair, she reached out with her hand, creating a small shadowy tendril to snatch one of the cups that were still out of reach. "Though, a whole one is probably a little much for me at this time." She opened the lid and picked up the pot with boiled water. "We could share one, if you like?"

Hisako: "W-what?", Hisako blushed deeper, "W-well...if you leave it when you're done maybe I will finish it later..", she chased the words down with a quick mouthful of food from her own cup, looking away as fast as possible.

Cassie: "Okay!" Cassandra smiled and gave a quick shrug, before she poured the hot water into the cup and letting it rest for a little while. "Or... I just take my time and see if I get it finished. If you don't mind me keeping you a little company, that is. I don't plan on going to bed yet."

Hisako: Shaking her head, Hisako curled up a little more, "I-it's fine. Really.", she smiled a little bit, "You....follow anime?", she gestured to the screen, a character in a long coat and a white mask swinging from a rooftop.

Cassie: "No, can't say I do." Lacking a spoon, Cassandra helped herself by creating something vaguely similar out of solid darkness, using it to stir her cup of noodles. "Which doesn't mean I'm not interested, only that I didn't have much chance to get into it until now." She grinned at Hisako, licking her shadowy spoon. "You know, I'm always eager to be educated."

Hisako: Hisako blinked at Cassandra - this was one of those sexual intuindos, she was sure of it. Her cheeks reddened slightly more before she sat forward, picking up a thin white package and offering it to the other girl, "You should eat with chopsticks. It's better.",

Cassie: "Only under one condition," Cassandra replied, looking up with a cheeky smile on her lips, placing the cup back on the coffee table. "You show me how it's done." Having said that, she swiftly pushed herself out of the chair, ending up flopping down by Hisako's side only an instant later.

Hisako: "It's so simple, I don't se-...", Hisako paused as Cassandra landed beside her, looking away for a moment, "Ok.", she shuffled around to face her, setting her cup down on the table and taking Cassandra's hand, "Put your fingers like this..."

Cassie: Cassandra patiently let Hisako arrange her fingers around the chopstick and guide the motions of her hand. "I hope you won't think of me as a savage, but I'm mostly used to eating with my fingers," she said, glancing up to show the other girl a small smile. "Oh my, the carnie girl and street brat is showing through again, isn't it?"

Hisako: Shaking her head, Hisako laughed a little, "No, not that. Many people do that, I just....don't. I think it is a cultural thing?", she shrugged, "Anyway....there. Now...", she raised her sticks in her fingers, motioning them open and closed, "Can you do this?"

Cassie: "Like this?" Cassandra held up her hand, the pair of chopsticks tucked between her fingers, and mimicked Hisako's motions. Looking a little awkward at first, she quickly got the hang of it. "Looks about right, doesn't it?"

Hisako: Hisako nodded, smiling, "That's right! Now, can you do it with food...", she reached back over for her cup of noodles, bringing it up and showing Cassandra how to do it, "See? Balance the food there aaaaand....", she popped it in her mouth, "...mmph!"

Cassie: Cassandra snickered, shifting on the couch to sit cross-legged again. "Now that's eating in style." She held up her chopsticks and clapped the tips together, then suddenly cracked a grin. "Sneak attack noodle raid!" With a quick flick of her hand, she managed to snatch another noodle out of Hisako's cup, slurping it up in the same manner as she did.

Hisako: "H-hey! Ittai Nani ga!?", Hisako flushed again, unable to stop herself from smiling, "Anata wa futorra buta!", she giggled, pushing the other girl's chopsticks away with her own, "You have noodles, kage ninja!"

Cassie: "Oh, I have no idea what you just said, but to me it sounded as if you challenged me to a chopstick duel." Cassandra laughed, clapping with her own sticks repeatedly as she tried to sneak them past Hisako's vigilant defense. "En garde, my cute samurai! Fear the strike of the shadow-ninja!"

Hisako: Hisako flicked around her fingers, catching Cassie's sticks in hers, "I said you are a fat pig! Stealing my food! Kaito!", she laughed.

Cassie: Cassandra stared at Hisako, eyes going wide for a moment. "Oh, now it's on!" She joined in on the laughter, and since her chopstick were currently held captive, promptly decided to cheat by creating another pair out of solid shadow, using it to steal another noodle from the other girl's cup. Grinning in triumph, she poked out her tongue.

Hisako: "Ah! Kan'ningu! Kaito!", Hisako protested, still laughing before releasing Cassandra's sticks and rolling onto her back in stitches, careful not to spill her noodle cup, "You are such a cheeeeater!"

Cassie: "Some may call it cheating, I call it creative problem solving." Cassandra snickered and held up her chopsticks, before she tilted back her head to drop the noodle into her mouth. "Mmm, stolen food is still the most tasty. " Slurping up the noodle, she then licked her lips.

Hisako: Sitting up, Hisako helped herself to more of her noodles, "Mmm - that is making you sound like savage carnie American.", she grinned, "Come to my culture and steal its tasty things!"

Cassie: "Well, who's going to stop me, I wonder?" Cassandra leaned back against the side of the couch and reached to the side to pick up her own cup of noodles. She lifted the lid and plunged in her chopsticks, showing Hisako a wry smile across the brim. "A valiant knight in shining armor maybe?"

Hisako: Hisako looked down at her noodles, stirring them in thought before looking up, "Maybe a Samurai in amber clad?", she suggested, a wry smirk of her own present on her face.

Cassie: "Ooh, yes, even better." Her smile grew a little bigger, before she stuffed a load of noodles into her mouth. "Mmmhmm..." She sucked them in and licked her lips. "It would be an epic battle for the ages."

Hisako: Smiling wider, Hisako went back to her food, turning to Cassandra, "...do you think that...'Armor' is a good name for me?", she asked, unsure where the inspiration had come from, "It has just occoured that I have not got one yet. And.....it seems fitting somehow."

Cassie: Cassandra looked up from her cup of noodles, slightly tilting her head as she studied Hisako. "Armor, yes? Now that is one I didn't think of." She held up her chopstick, then tapped them against her lips in a thoughtful manner. "Simple, catchy, and not to mention quite fitting."

Cassie: She chuckled, sucking on the tips of her chopsticks. "Besides, it's probably more suitable for the superhero-business than 'Golden Samurai' or 'Resplendent Sword-Princess'. Those would just sound awkward over the radio, no?" She nodded. "Yes, I like it."

Hisako: "It is short, and my power makes....well...armor.", Hisako shrugged, "And...we protect people. I protect people, like armor does. So...I am Armor.", she smiled, "And yes, I think 'Kiiro Saumrai Ichiki Hisako' is....very much....too much.",

Cassie: "And almost impossible to memorize by the inevitable flock of fans and admirers," Cassandra added, raising her cup of noodles in the imitation of a toast. "To Armor, beautiful warrior from the mysterious east, her wits as sharp as her blade! And Dusk, spooky witch-girl from the enigmatic world of the carnival! Together, they fight crime... and late-night boredom!"

Hisako: Hisako nodded, "Arigatou.", she grinned, "I will try to live up to that.", turning to Cassandra, she tapped her nose with a finger, "So, want to stay and watch anime?"

Cassie: "That's the plan!" Cassandra smirked and pointed her chopsticks at Hisako. "After all, I still got a few hours to kill before I have to lie down for a quick nap between sunrise and my first class."

Hisako: Nodding, Hisako smiled at her, "Alright then.", she sat back, curling up in her blanket to watch the rest of her show, "I hope you will enjoy it."