3/19 Instance: Progressiveness

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/19 Instance: Progressiveness

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Cessily: "Oooh, now will you look at that!?" Cessily bounced ahead of their group, towards the rather tall, kind of busy, and very grey sculpture. "Do you see those smooth shapes? Do you think it's sandstone? Or some kind of plastic, perhaps." She flipped through the little guidebook they had received at the entrance of the exhibition.

Cessily: "Well, I don't see any no-photos-please signs anywhere, so..." She dug out her camera and tried to get a good angle for a shot. "This is so going into my art class."

Paige: Paige leaned in a bit to examine the sculpture, trying to figure out what it was. She didn't want to look like an idiot in front of the others, but she was at a loss for what most of the artwork in the building was.

Angelina: "Too modern for my tastes." Angel gave it a look and went back to her phone, texting Scott, who had conveniently been too busy to accompany them.

Rachel: "Looks like sandstone to me, but I could be wrong," Rachel commented once she'd caught up, looking around for security and making sure her feet were behind the wire that'd trip the alarm. Once she was certain no one was paying attention, she reached out to poke at it, "Feels like sandstone..."

Cessily: "Aw, come on, you at least have to admire the craftsmanship that went into it." Cessily turned around to give her fellow teachers and the students they had dragged along on this field trip a way too excited grin. "Rae! You can't poke it! It says no poking right here."

Cessily: She bit her shiny silver lip. "Then again, art is best when experienced with all senses..." Taking a quick look around, she elongated one of her fingers and carefully touched the sculpture. "I think you're right."

Rachel: "Nobody saw me!" she protested, amending, "Well, nobody that cares if I'm touching it..."

Angelina: "I admire the craftsmanship of David in Florence... this is just... a big stone blob." Angel's hair bobbed with her nod.

Paige: "You guys! You are going to get us thrown out... or worse, arrested!" Paige hissed at them.

Angelina: "They ain't gonna arrest us unless we melt it or something, yo, and I don't dislike it enough to spit on it."

Cessily: "Angel, how are we supposed to excite our students here for the wonderful, wide world of modern art when we look just as bored as them?" Cessily crossed her arms in front of her chest. "We can at least try to be an inspiration."

Rachel: "Pfft, they just yell at you that you're not allowed to touch things," Rachel rolled her eyes, taking a few steps back from the sculpture as she spoke from experience, "Then, you just feign ignorance and continue on your way."

Rachel: She shot the others a smirk, "Though, this trip would probably be far more exciting for them if one of us did get arrested."

Paige: "You look too smart to feign ignorance." Paige giggled at Rachel, wrapping her arms around one of Rachel's.

Cessily: "My money would be on Rachel or Angelina for that," Cessily remarked. Her gaze briefly fell on the interlocked arms. Then she flashed another grin. "But don't worry, I'd bail out either of you, of course."

Angelina: Angel just grinned at Cessily, sparing a glance for Paige and Rachel. Hadn't seen that one coming.

Rachel: "Everyone's money is on me when it comes to getting in trouble," she pouted a bit, "I mean, Paige has been arrested before, too."

Cessily: "That's because I've known you since the day I signed up at Xavier's." Cessily smirked, reaching out to playfully poke Rachel's side. "Oh, really, she has? What for? Wearing dangerous amounts of pink?"

Paige: "Hey you said it wasn't really arrested! It was the drunk tank...."

Angelina: "Oh my God, girl! You got arrested?! Welcome to the club!"

Rachel: Rachel squirmed at the poke, laughing as she glanced over to Paige, "If only that amount of pink was an offense, and we ended up in the drunk tank because we hadn't stolen anything.... yet... when the police found us."

Paige: "Well... nothing they caught us stealing." Paige giggled. "And really, your plaid pants are the bigger offense!"

Cessily: "So, am I the only member of staff who never got arrested?" Cessily held out her hands as she looked from one to the other. "Guess that's where being the nice girl from next door comes in handy, no?"

Cessily: "And I always loved the plaid pants," she added. "They totally suit Rae's style."

Paige: Paige made a disgusted sound. "Not you too!"

Angelina: "Lucky for you, Cess, the only kinds of laws you've broken ain't enforced anymore," she smirked. "You're free to get your free love freak on!"

Rachel: "Thank you! See? They are totally awesome." Rachel glanced around, making sure to keep tabs on the students as she glanced around for another piece to inspect.

Cessily: Putting on a coy expression, Cessily put a hand on her hips and swayed them a little. "I hope you're not jealous because I'd totally top the 'hottest teacher' list at school."

Paige: "You are both hopeless!" Paige gave an exasperated sigh, laughing at Cess' declaration. "I thought Rankin always held that title..."

Angelina: "Oooo, Sergeant Hotpants!" Angel touched the tip of her tongue to her upper lip in fond memory.

Cessily: "Among the guys, perhaps, and yes, I'd vote for him myself." Cessily raised a hand to cover her mouth as she lightly snickered.

Angelina: "I know I got the hottest current male staff member," she grinned, fingering her dragonfly earring.

Rachel: Rachel scoffed, "Have any of you seen Lensherr?"

Paige: Paige wasn't sure how she felt about that one. "I saw his face when I wrote over his name on the class list."

Cessily: "Oh, he certainly has something to him, but I don't know..." She tapped the corner of her mouth. "I mean, he's definitely fine, but he's kinda hard to place, you know? I mean, I'd put Rankin down as the type to hit up after a good work-out to go for another round, if you ask me, but I can't tell if Lensherr is just trying to be charming or what."

Rachel: "I've never really had a lengthy conversation with him, so I guess I wouldn't know either. He's just not bad to look at," she shrugged.

Paige: "Never gave him much thought." Paige kissed Rachel's cheek.

Angelina: "No?" She gave Paige a look. "He's hot. Not as hot as Scott, no, but hot."

Cessily: Cessily gave Rachel a sideways glance as a smirk found its way onto her lips. "Well, at least Paige didn't manage to turn you completely gay," she remarked.

Paige: "I don't care for him." Paige shrugged a bit.

Rachel: "I think that's an impossible feat," she replied, returning the smirk.

Cessily: "Not for a lack of trying, though," Cessily added, her lopsided smile briefly turning into a grin as she winked at the other redhead.

Angelina: "Not that I'm not saying I haven't had my moments, especially at the Hellfire Club, but sometimes I wonder if the X-gene doesn't just make everybody gay, yo."

Cessily: "Yeah, forget the whole weird superpowers thing, that's the real reason the far right hates us." Cessily chuckled, before looking thoughtful. "You know, that would explain a whole lot of things."

Paige: Paige just shook her head. "I didn't try anything."

Rachel: Simply laughing, Rachel was even more amused after Paige's comment. There was so much that just went over her head.

Cessily: "Oh, I wasn't talking about you." Cessily smiled, twirling a strand of her metallic red hair around a finger. "Rachel knows."

Angelina: "Women are fun ta kiss... but I like a little something more downstairs, if ya know what I mean." On cue, her phone beeped and she turned it back on.

Paige: Scratching her blonde head, Paige looked to Rachel for clarity.

Rachel: She gave Paige a shake of her head, "You don't want to know."

Cessily: "Sounds to me that what you need is the best of both worlds," Cessily told Angel, revealing a suggestive smirk, only to look rather stunned the next moment. "I mean, both a guy and a girl, not someone who has both... uhm, oh screw me."

Angelina: Angel laughed. "Like you need to do it yourself!"

Cessily: "Oh, I could alway use another helping hand, or lend one." Cessily giggled, before another thought made her pause. "Not that making more hands would be much of an issue."

Cessily: Smiling, she then stepped over to nudge Rachel's shoulder. "Aw, it's okay, you can tell her. I don't mind. It's a kinda funny story, actually."

Paige: "Tell me what?" Paige was distracted by another sculpture.

Angelina: Now Angel was interested, since she sensed a juicy story. She looked up from her phone.

Rachel: "Yeah... Kinda..." Rachel agreed, though she wasn't entire sure how convincing she sounded or if that was the word she'd use. To avoid looking at either of them, she pinned her gaze on the sculpture Paige had been studying, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible, "Well, there was this time Cess kissed me..."

Rachel: Though, what girl hadn't kissed her when she'd been a student?

Paige: "Well that seemed like the end of the story..."

Cessily: "Ah yes, nothing big, really," Cessily said, as they strolled between the sculptures at a leisurely pace. "It was way back in my first semester, and Rachel just happened to be my first big crush since coming to Xavier's." The silver girl laughed awkwardly. "Back at the time I still thought I was simply confused."

Cessily: "Which I guess is kinda understandable, seeing how I had just manifested and turned into a big chunk of living metal."

Paige: "Maybe we should give Rachel the title of hottest professor then," Paige teased, kissing her girlfriend's cheek again.

Cessily: "However, I guess I never had nearly as much success as you did," she told Paige, showing the other girl an uneven smile. "You're really lucky, you know?"

Angelina: Was Cess jealous? Angel blinked.

Paige: Paige carefully edged back behind Rachel a bit. "I didn't even do anything..."

Rachel: "Well, I don't know that lucky is the word..." Rachel mumbled. She wasn't really sure anyone was lucky if they got stuck with her.

Angelina: "You won the redhead lottery, yo."

Cessily: "But you still missed the jackpot, obviously." Cessily grinned, shaking her head from side to side to whip about her crimson ponytail.

Rachel: She considered herself and then Cess, eventually nodding in agreement and looking over her shoulder at Paige, "Yeah, you probably did."

Cessily: "Which only means it's still up for grabs, yes?" Her grin turned into a coy little smile as she swayed back and forth on her feet. "Oh, hey, look at that! isn't that pretty!?" She quickly took off towards another sculpture.

Paige: Paige looked up at Rachel, staring at her a bit. What had just happened?

Angelina: Angel blinked again and looked at Paige and Rachel. Then she laughed. "Maaaan."

Rachel: "I... don't..." Rachel started, shaking her head and looking in the direction Cess had started in, "Hey, it actually isn't that bad looking... Let's go see."

Angelina: She fluttered her wings and fell into step with Paige. "Your milkshake brings all the girls to the yard, Paige."

Cessily: Cessily looked back over her shoulder, a cheerful expression on her face. "Why thank you!" Then she paused, before quickly turning back at the piece of art. "Oh, this! You meant.... this, yes. It's very pretty."

Paige: Paige's face turned a dark shade of red. "I don't understand what just happened. What just happened?"

Angelina: "Cess is jealous, yo. I think." She flicked her wings again and considered this. "Or maybe just horny? She might be hitting on you both."

Cessily: "I'm standing right over here, you know?" Cessily leaned to the side, looking out from behind the sculpture. "And I'm not jealous."

Paige: "Then... what?" Paige glanced over to Cess.

Cessily: "I mean, this is totally ridiculous," she prattled on. "I don't even believe in such things like jealousy. It's just... that I... that Rachel... I mean, Rachel and I..."

Angelina: "You wanted to make Rachel one of the scissor sisters yourself, si?" She twirled a lock of hair around her finger.

Cessily: Finally, Cessily turned towards Paige, fixed her with a wide-eyed gaze, and held up her hands. It took her several attempts to start the sentence. "How did you manage to do what I never could?"

Paige: "She came onto meeee!" Paige backed up just a bit.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't sure whether this was a time where she should speak or not and glanced between the other girls, mouth agape.

Cessily: She silently looked at Paige, before she dropped her hands, shoulders sinking. "Then... it's me..."

Rachel: "No," she managed, shaking her head as she forced out, "It's not you. It's... I mean, if it's anyone, it's me..."

Angelina: Angel watched all this with rapt attention. And she thought today was going to be boring!

Cessily: Intently studying her feet, Cessily bit her lip. "No, it's not... you're amazing," she mumbled, awkwardly stealing a quick glance at the other teachers. "I... ruined the field trip now, didn't I?"

Angelina: "No, not at all." Angel's look clearly said 'do go on.' She needed popcorn.

Cessily: "I mean, look at me!" She threw up her arms. "I'm supposed to be role model for these kids, and I just turned back into a ditzy, bumbling teenager!" Then she waved in Paige and Rachel's direction. "You two are so cute together, and instead of being happy for you, I make everything awkward."

Paige: "Awww, Cessily... that isn't true. You haven't ruined anything and you can't help it that your feelings were hurt."

Rachel: "And I'm pretty sure it could be more awkward..." Rachel added, "Or that you could be a worse role model."

Cessily: "And now you're so sweet to me, even though I've been such an idiot." Cessily looked back up at them. Slowly, a small smile found its way back to her face. "You know, a lot of people would disagree with you on that."

Angelina: "Allora, you're very entertaining." Angel nodded over to the students watching them all now as well.

Paige: "Why would we be mean to you, Cessie?"

Cessily: "I don't know... because you might think I was trying to get between you two?" She quickly raised her hands, palms outward. "I mean, I'd never do that. Your such a great couple. Way cute! And two gay teachers in love... just think of what a powerful message that sends." Cessily flashed a grin. "Yay progressiveness!"

Rachel: Rachel inwardly cringed at the fact that all eyes were on them and the word love. She wasn't sure why everyone insisted on using it... It couldn't be that obvious, could it? She managed a smile, shaking her head, "I couldn't see you trying that anyway."

Rachel: "So, are we cool? Even though I, apparently, suck at choosing women?" she asked, looking up to Cess with a slight smirk.

Paige: "Heeeeey!!!!" Paige gave her a hurt look.

Rachel: "...What?" Rachel glanced over to Paige, "I was kidding."

Paige: "It wasn't funny."

Rachel: "Of course not. It was hilarious because I'm not merely funny."

Cessily: "Aww, Paige isn't so bad," Cessily tossed in, her face lighting up again, even letting out a subdued giggle. "And she might have a positive effect on you. Maybe some of that pink will rub on all that gloominess of you."

Angelina: "Just don't none of you all look at me, and we're good." Angel grinned, interjecting her opinion into the mix whether it was wanted or not. "I'm taken." She fingered her earring again, then turned to the students and clapped her hands. "Si, the show is over! Let us go experience more of this supposed art!"

Cessily: "Yes, let's go look at more pretty art! You're supposed to stare at that, not us. And you can gossip about me later in school." Cessily shooed the assembled students towards the next exhibits.

Paige: Paige just gave Rachel a look and moved off to find something that interested her.

Rachel: Rachel wasn't sure she liked the look she'd just been given, but she moved to trail after her girlfriend, glancing back to the other two.

Cessily: Once their flock was herded back together and on its way, Cessily slowly drifted towards Angel's side. "So, that experimenting you mentioned earlier," she began in a low voice, stealing a sideways glance at the other woman. "Have you completely given up on that, or...?"

Angelina: Angel's wings flicked up in amusement and she looked down at her shoes for a moment, tuning in to the click of her heels. "Allora, I am a member of the Hellfire Club, so you can imagine." She smirked at Cess. "Only if Scott approves, however... and we know Scott, soooo..." With a feigned sad sigh, she shook her head.