3/21 Instance: Togetheralone.txt

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/21 Instance: Togetheralone.txt

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Daughter Asks Daddy

Hisako: In total silence, Hisako sat before her family sword's ebony saya, the blade itself drawn and in her lap. Eyes closed, she breathed in the sweet smoke burning from the incense sticks beside the framed photo of her father, focusing on nothing but the warm, midday sun gently tingling her pale skin, and the sacred stillness in her room.

Hisako: Meditation was an important healing practice, or so her grandmother had taught her. 'Zen'. The ability to clear ones mind of everything. Total focus. Unbreakable resolve. Calming the tumultuous waters that were the mortal soul.

Hisako: An ideal that Ichiki Hisako valued more than ever now. And unable to shake the feeling of happiness that this focus gave her, she let a small smile form on her otherwise blank face. Eyes still shut, mind still sharp as the glistening sword in her hands.

Laura: After retreating from the kitchen, Laura had been unsure of what exactly she wanted to do with the information and debated heading back down to the danger room, as she had class shortly anyway. She ultimately decided against it and headed up to her room, quietly slipping into the room, nose twitching at the smell of incense.

Laura: As she turned from closing the door, her gaze fell on Hisako, and she simply watched the other girl for a few moments before moving across the room to her bed, trying not to interrupt the other girl.

Hisako: "Laura-chan.", Hisako spoke plainly, smiling a little wider, though eyes still closed, "Am I right?"

Laura: "Indeed," Laura confirmed as she sat on the edge of her bed.

Hisako: Opening her eyes, Hisako glanced over her shoulder, "Are you alright?", her brow furrowed slightly, "You seem...troubled."

Laura: "I am... unsure," she admitted, scooting back to the center of her bed to sit cross-legged in the middle before continuing, "I... I was in the danger room with Rogue when I realized she would likely know about my mother due to her absorbing my father..."

Hisako: Hisako nodded, "Oh. I...heard this once.", she turned her head a little bit more, "Would you like to sit here?", she patted a spare cushion beside hers, sitting up on her knees to slide her sword away.

Laura: Laura considered her usual spot before eying Hisako's offered cushion. Decision made, she slowly slid off the bed and took a seat on the cushion next to the Japanese girl, asking, "How are you feeling today?"

Hisako: "Better.", Hisako smiled truthfully, taking a deep breath of the incense, "So, so calm...I was meditating to focus.", she turned back to the sword, "Maybe try it? Focus your thoughts, and then we can talk easier?"

Laura: She gave a slight smile at the answer and nodded, "Of course, I'll try it. All I must do is sit and put my thoughts in order?"

Hisako: Smiling, Hisako straightened her back, resting her hands in her lap, "Just...close your eyes. Try to imagine your feelings as an ocean of conflict, your emotions like a storm on the sea."

Hisako: Knotting her fingers together in her lap, she took a deep breath, "As you meditate, focus on breathing. Picture the storm becoming calmer as you sit. Think not of time or place, just of peace. Make the sea still within your heart."

Laura: Closing her eyes as instructed, Laura shifted slightly to get more comfortable and took in a deep breath, slowly blowing it out as she focused on relaxing. This was likely for the best, as she could hardly make a rational decision if she didn't know where to begin.

Hisako: Hisako remained silent, allowing moments to pass. She was unsure how long they sat, the gentle sunlight on both of them, casting their shadows stretching away across the bedroom as they both allowed stillness to preside again.

Hisako: Opening her eyes, Hisako turned to Laura finally, speaking gently so as not to break her concentration, "So...how do you feel now? Without opening your eyes..."

Laura: "Less tense," she answered after a few more moments of deep breathing.

Hisako: "Good.", Hisako grinned, "Now do you feel you can talk to me? Maybe....what is troubling you?"

Laura: Without opening her eyes, Laura nodded and, with a slight smile, answered, "I would have talked to you regardless, but it is about my mother. There is a good chance she is alive, however I am unsure as to what state she is in if she is."

Hisako: "Oh.", Hisako looked back at the picture containing her father's image, "I know you would have talked to me, but you looked troubled. Ordering your thoughts is important, they should not order you.", she smiled gently - not that Laura could see - "So...do you want to see her?"

Laura: Nodding, Laura simply answered, "Yes, otherwise finding out where she is would have been pointless."

Hisako: "Are you afraid?"

Laura: She took a deep breath as she considered fear, eventually shaking her head, "More anxious."

Hisako: Remaining silent for a few moments, Hisako's hand ended up in her lap, holding hers gently, "Don't be afraid.",

Laura: Laura opened her eyes and tilted her head to look over at Hisako as the other girl's hand slid into hers, slowly nodding again as she blew out a breath, "Okay."

Hisako: Hisako smiled softly, "Where is she? How will you get there?"

Laura: "Rogue offered to fly me to Ireland to see her," she answered, "Apparently, she is in some sort of mental institution."

Hisako: "Ah.", Hisako's hand retracted a little, "Rogue will take you?", she frowned, "Ireland is far...and when you get there, where will you stay? Won't you be less comfortable in the cold? What if there is a storm? Do you trust her?"

Laura: Laura's brow furrowed at all the questions, and she decided this must be what people felt like when having a conversation with her. The simple answers came first, "I believe I own weather-appropriate clothing, as it is also cold here. If there is a storm, I will seek shelter, however I had not thought about where I will be staying for the duration of my trip."

Laura: "I haven't taken her up on the offer yet. I told her I needed to speak to some people first and make arrangements." As for the issue of trust, Laura was unsure of what to say because Rogue had, apparently, led her astray before. "I suppose I trust her well enough to fly the jet, as she did tell me everything she knew about my mother."

Hisako: Frowning more, Hisako nodded, "If....you are decided.", she moved her hand back to her own lap, "But I....could go with you. If you wanted that."

Laura: She blinked, "You would?"

Hisako: Hisako laughed, "Bakkano, Laura-chan!", she giggled, shaking her head, "Of course I would.", she nodded, "We are friends, and you are here for me when I am weakest.", her hand returned to Laura's, "Besides, in Europe you will need yojimbo. To make the boys stay away with their gross hands.",

Laura: "If you wish to come, you may," Laura said with a slight smile, "However, I'm relatively sure I would be able to keep hands away." The notion of losing a hand was generally enough motivation.

Hisako: "I can pay for flights, and even a room.", Hisako smiled, "We could....make it a fun holiday kind of trip?"

Hisako: She moved her hand back again, "If....you wanted?"

Laura: After thinking it over for a few moments, Laura gave a nod, "That is very generous, thank you."

Hisako: Shaking her head, Hisako looked back at her sword, "I know how important family is. If...if I had a chance to see my father again...", her eyes found his smiling face in the photo frame again, "...in Japan, family is so, so important."

Laura: Laura followed Hisako's gaze to the framed portrait, carefully studying it for a few moments before she admitted, "I'm afraid I don't know much about family."

Hisako: "Then I can teach you.", Hisako gave her hand a little squeeze, "Like you taught me to be strong."

Laura: Giving Hisako's hand a slight squeeze in return, Laura grinned, "I would greatly appreciate it."

Hisako: Hisako smiled wider, blushing ever so slightly, "I-it's nothing!", she insisted, laughing a little, "Well...I suppose we should buy tickets and this.", she glanced over to her Macbook, closed on her bedside table, "When will we leave? Soon?"

Laura: "Preferably," Laura nodded, releasing Hisako's hand to get to her feet, "However, we should probably pack first."

Hisako: "Haaaai, haaai...", Hisako sighed back with a cocky grin, clapping her hands and offering a final head-bow of respect to her sword before standing up and patting down her nightie, "So, how long will we stay there? Maybe a few days of clothes?"

Laura: Laura paused to consider that, offering, "Three? Two days for travel, one to see her, and extra clothes just in case things don't go according to plan?"

Hisako: Nodding, Hisako wandered over to her drawers and pulled them open, "Warm clothes?", she asked over her shoulder, having more fun picking through possible outfits than preparing to travel somewhere new.

Laura: "I would think so," Laura nodded, "Perhaps we should check the weather before we begin packing."

Hisako: Shrugging, Hisako hopped onto her bed and pulled her laptop into her lap, opening it up and doing a quick search online, "Are you excited, Laura-chan?", she beamed up at her friend.

Laura: "Of course," she answered as she moved to peer at the computer screen over Hisako's shoulder, also checking the time, "However, I appear to have class relatively soon."

Hisako: "Oh, ok.", Hisako shrugged, "Well, I will look at prices to Ireland and ask my Obachaan to help me with money transfers.", she patted Laura's shoulder, "Go to class, and I will make sure this is ready to buy when you get back!"

Laura: "Thank you," Laura said with a grin. While she didn't particularly want to put the job off on Hisako, she also didn't want to ruin her perfect attendance or miss any classwork. Plus, it would give her time to inform Professor Xavier what was going on as well as Rogue. "It is only a session in the danger room, so I will return shortly."

Hisako: Waving a 'peace' sign with her hands, Hisako winked, "Have fun, Laura-chan!", she sang, going back to her furious typing with a glow in her eyes, humming along to a tune in her head.