3/23 Instance: Berry Distracting

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/23 Instance: Berry Distracting

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

<Jessica> Jess smiled over at Shaw as she stretched out on her stomach and plucked a strawberry from the bowl on the table. "So... what do you do when you're not sitting around here looking bored and irritated at all the old people?"

<Shaw> He ran his fingertips over the curve of her back, enjoying her stretch and remembering her flexibility. "Well, I do have a day job, of course." He smirked.

<Jessica> "Anything fun?" She rolled onto her side to face him.

<Shaw> Sebastian's eyebrow arched. "You truly don't know?"

<Jessica> She shook her head, "I don't generally ask a lot of questions... it's not encouraged." She reached for another strawberry and offered it to him.

<Shaw> With a grin, he leaned in and kissed her instead. "I think I prefer the taste this way." Hand trailing to her waist, he pulled her closer to him on the wide lounging sofa. The back rooms of the Hellfire Club were quite well-appointed, after all.

<Jessica> She laughed, returning the kiss and allowing him to pull her against him. "So... are you going to answer my question? Or is this something else I'll have to work for?"

<Shaw> "As tempting as that offer is, I planned to answer, yes, I was simply distracted by your many charms." He tucked a lock of long dark hair behind her ear and took her hand, bringing it up between them and trailing the berry over her lips. Watching this, he smiled and went on. "I assume then you've never heard of Shaw Industries?"

<Jessica> She took a bite of the strawberry and shook her head, smiling a little, "I'm afraid not... I've only been part of the real world for a year or so... might be a few things I haven't caught up to yet."

<Shaw> That gave him pause. "How so?"

<Jessica> "How so to which part?" She cocked her head on one side.

<Shaw> "You've only been a part of the real world for a year or so," he repeated, studying her face.

<Jessica> "That was when I came to New York... last February..." she sighed, "Before that I was... everywhere else."

<Shaw> "Doing what? If I may ask, of course."

<Jessica> "Traveling... studying... some other stuff..." she lowered her gaze, "Some things I'd rather not bring up because it would utterly kill the mood..."

<Shaw> "Ah." Making a mental note to further check into her files, he finished the strawberry to give her a moment. "Well then, to further your education, my dear, I'm an engineer. Shaw Industries focuses primarily in the fields of robotics and weapons development and my humble corporation holds several contracts with the federal government."

<Jessica> "Robotics? That sounds like it could be fun."

<Shaw> "Oh, it most certainly is." Sebastian grinned. "Unfortunately, I don't spend much time in the lab anymore, as the intricacies of upper management take up more time than you would think. It's most annoying."

<Jessica> "And then you spend all your valuable free time at the club with all the boring old people. No wonder you look so annoyed." She smirked.

<Shaw> "I find ways to keep myself entertained." Sebastian returned the smirk and reached for the bowl of berries himself. They could find uses for them, to be sure. He set the bowl between them and took the opportunity to admire her naked body.

<Jessica> "Well I'm very glad I could help with that." She inclined her head to him. "It's always nice to have permission to be distracting."

<Shaw> Picking up another bright berry, he touched it to the skin just below her collarbone and watched goosebumps rise. "You are indeed an excellent distraction."

<Jessica> With another smile, she settled down and rolled more onto her back, turning her head to look at him her expression playful, "You're not so bad yourself."

<Shaw> "I'm very glad I can be of service." The berry left a wet trail across her skin, one he was happy to follow with his lips, glancing up at her now and again with his own playful smirk.

<Jessica> She hissed at the sensation and closed her eyes, "So... I have a question... if you had an abundance of free time and no engineering projects... what would you most like to do with it?"

<Shaw> "Why, of course, this." Sebastian answered her question with a sucking kiss to her belly.

<Jessica> She laughed, curling a little in response, "Really? You could do anything you wanted and you'd rather just use the question to flatter me? Not that I mind..."

<Shaw> He looked up at her, lips curled in amusement. Rising, he moved back to her and traced the strawberry over her lips again. "I can't say as anyone has ever asked me that. A vacation would be nice. Some freedom." Sebastian tilted his head. "I haven't been to Japan for some time."

<Jessica> "You like Japan?" She caught the strawberry with her teeth but didn't bite down on it.

<Shaw> "Yes. I have a subsidiary company there and some colleagues and it's quite beautiful. Also, busy." He watched her with the berry, imagining a few other things she could be doing with those lovely white teeth. "Outside of Tokyo, however, it's charming."

<Jessica> She took a bite of the strawberry, "I lived there for a while... went back there last summer... It's nice..."

<Shaw> "You lived there? My, aren't you interesting." The bite was just as seductive, he had to admit. "You did say you traveled extensively."

<Jessica> "All over the world," she smiled, "Learned a lot... languages included."

<Shaw> "Ahh, excellent." Sebastian smiled in return and fired off a formal greeting to her in Japanese, inclining his head.

<Jessica> She laughed, switching to Japanese and returning the greeting before adding (also in Japanese), "I thought we were past formalities."

<Shaw> "Now we've been properly introduced in two cultures." He leaned in and kissed her, slowly.

<Jessica> She grinned against his mouth a little before returning the kiss, sliding her arms around his shoulders.

<Shaw> Sucking her lower lip, he moved the bowl aside and rolled with her to pin her beneath him. After a few moments, he broke the kiss. "Why do you ask, by the way?"

<Jessica> "Just curious..." she ghosted her lips along his jaw, "I'm always curious about normal things."

<Shaw> Sebastian met her eyes with a slight frown.

<Jessica> "What?" she pulled back a little to study his expression.

<Shaw> "Your... former profession. It wasn't an entirely self-determined move, was it?"

<Jessica> She sighed and looked away, "Not the first time around, no..."

<Shaw> "I'm sorry." Sebastian's tone was sincere and he pushed himself up and sat back on his heels.

<Jessica> With another sigh, she ran a hand through her hair and sat up, drawing her knees to her chest. "Mood killer... what did I say?"

<Shaw> "May I ask what happened, or would you rather not talk about it?" He located a throw pillow to toss over his lap for the time being.

<Jessica> She looked over at him, resting her head on her knees, "My dad died... I was stranded in a foreign country with no friends or family or money.... what else was I supposed to do?"

<Shaw> He nodded. "How old were you?"

<Jessica> She closed her eyes, resigning herself to the fact that they were talking about this now. "Seventeen."

<Shaw> Doing some math, he nodded again. "Of course this happens. All over the world, in fact, to women and men. That it happens at all is horrific, but that it happens to our kind as well is inexcusable."

<Jessica> "It's fine... I dealt with it..." she turned her head to hide her face behind her hair. "And I'm here now..."

<Shaw> "Indeed you are." She was obviously uncomfortable, and now that he knew... hm. Well, what to do? "And it seems you're taking full advantage of the new opportunities before you, so that's to be commended."

<Jessica> "I'd be stupid not to...." she tilted her head back to look at the ceiling, "I only have myself to rely on now so I have to make sure I don't let myself down."

<Shaw> "That's not entirely true. The Club is of course an instrument you can take advantage of, should you wish."

<Jessica> She shook her head, turning to look at him again, "I wouldn't feel right... it's already weird enough with Xavier paying for everything at the school..."

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked a little at that.

<Jessica> "What? Is that funny to you? I have a job. I should be able to get my own food..."

<Shaw> "No, I didn't mean any offense, my dear." He tilted his head. "I underwrite many of the expenses at the school, and I have for some time, actually."

<Jessica> She frowned, shaking her head and flopping onto her side, "Well that's lovely..."

<Shaw> Sebastian couldn't stop himself from idly admiring her again. "In fact, it is. Part of the reason I partnered with Xavier was to help the next generation of mutants to have a better life."

<Jessica> She sighed, "I didn't know... it's that not asking questions thing again... I didn't ask why or where it all came from... I didn't care about all that stuff..."

<Shaw> "It doesn't matter. It shouldn't. That Xavier's people were able to get you free of your prior situation is proof enough that they are helping our kind."

<Jessica> "I asked them for one thing when they came to get me.... I guess they never had the heart to tell me it was impossible."

<Shaw> "Oh? And what was that?"

<Jessica> "To find out if I have any family... I have no idea... I wouldn't even know where to start looking."

<Shaw> "I would."

<Jessica> She shook her head, "There's probably no point... they've had a year and nothing's happened..." Except that some randomer had been making massive deposits into her bank account. Compensation maybe?

<Shaw> "If you would like, I can certainly help you locate them."

<Jessica> She shook her head, "I barely know you... it wouldn't be right..." She heaved a sigh, "For all I know they tried and couldn't find anything and are worried about hurting my feelings or something."

<Shaw> "At the very least, I can find out if they did look into it and, as you say, decided not to tell you." He smirked down at their current state of undress and decided not to comment on her other statement.

<Jessica> "You're going to do it whether I want you to or not, aren't you?" She looked over at him, "Fine... but if you're going to do that you can also ask if it's them that have been making payments into my account without telling me."

<Shaw> Sebastian just smiled at her. "See, we already know one another better than you think." This other, however, was interesting. "That is quite fascinating... how long has that been going on?"

<Jessica> "I'm not sure... I first noticed it last summer... so probably since then..." She sat up again, "They're not small amounts either..."

<Shaw> "Interesting." His eyes fell on her rather magnificent chest at her movement. He shifted the pillow.

<Jessica> "That's one word for it..." she noticed his movement, a small smirk tugging at the corner of her mouth. "See something you like?"

<Shaw> Completely uncaring that he was caught, he met her eyes and again matched her smirk. "I believe I like everything I see, in fact."

<Jessica> She laughed, "Mmm, well... flattery will get you everywhere."

<Shaw> Dropping the pillow, he moved back over to her, his hand sliding over her hip as he caught her lips.

<Jessica> She shifted more to face him, returning the kiss and sliding her arms around him once more. Finally they were done with the awkward conversation part.