3/24 Instance: Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/24 Instance: Love's Not a Competition (But I'm Winning)

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Progressiveness

Paige: Paige felt satisfied with the distance between herself and the group after a few short moments. She sighed a bit and turned to look at the nearest painting, relieved that it wasn't more modern art. She could tell what it was!

Rachel: While unsure of whether she wanted to follow Paige, Rachel did anyway because she'd rather be with Paige, having an awkward conversation, than playing babysitter to college students on acid trips. ...Though, at this point, she was slightly jealous because that would make this field trip so much better.

Rachel: Despite knowing it would draw stares, she slid her arms around Paige's waist from behind and rested her chin on her shoulder, eying the painting with a sigh of her own before commenting, "At least this one doesn't look like it was finger painted by a five-year-old."

Paige: Despite her best attempts otherwise, Paige sighed a bit. She put her arms over Rachel's and nuzzled her cheek a bit. "Is it bad that I don't really appreciate modern art?"

Rachel: She considered the question for a few moments and eventually shook her head, "Not really, no."

Paige: "Mmm good." Paige kissed her cheek, but frowned a bit. "You hurt my feelings."

Rachel: There were so many old people staring at them right now, and she decided to take advantage of the opportunity to make Paige blush, tilting her head to catch her lips for a kiss, mumbling against them, "I'm sorry."

Paige: On cue, Paige did blush. She blushed a brilliant shade of red, but returned the kiss. She placed a quick peck on Rachel's lips as the kiss finally ended, smiling at the redhead. "We should get a snow cone."

Rachel: "We're in a museum full of awesome art, and you want to go look at the snow cones in the cafeteria?"

Paige: "Not look at them... eat them." Paige giggled at her girlfriend.

Rachel: "Well, you have to look at them to eat them," Rachel rolled her eyes, releasing her hold on Paige and peering around for the nearest sign indicating which way the cafeteria actually was. Not spotting one, she reached for the nearest museum employee's mind, simply pulling the information. Taking Paige's hand, she started in that direction.

Paige: Paige giggled more, squeezing Rachel's hand. "So..... you and Cessily, hm?"

Rachel: "I... It's... Um, well..." she stuttered out, looking around as she tried to come up with something to say about that. Taking a breath, she decided to try again, "It was just a kiss... For me, anyway. I mean, obviously, it wasn't for Cess." Oh, she was still failing. Pushing her free hand through her hair, she continued anyway, "I flailed, she felt bad, I felt bad, and we got over it. ...Or so I thought."

Paige: There was giggling from the blonde. She squeezed Rachel's hand again, giggling a bit more. "She has a crush on yooooooou!"

Rachel: "Yeah... She's not been the only one," she mumbled, "I'm not sure whether it's flattering or a curse."

Paige: "Well.... I'm just glad you passed them up for me."

Rachel: Curse. Rachel was definitely leaning toward curse with how this conversation had gone and gave a shrug, "There wasn't much competition besides Cess."

Paige: "Mmmm, should I be worried?" Paige glanced over at Rachel again, slightly amused.

Rachel: "No!" she replied with an incredulous look, lowering her voice once she realized how sharp her protest had been, unconsciously running her hand over her newly tattooed side as she repeated, "No."

Paige: Paige pulled Rachel into a hallway to the bathrooms, wrapping her arms around her for a hug. "You either," she assured her.

Rachel: Allowing herself to be led, she commented, "Well, that's good to know. A lot more people are probably interested in you."

Paige: "I think today proves that wrooooong." Paige nuzzled Rachel's cheek, kissing it gently.

Rachel: "It does not," she protested, rolling her eyes, "Just because one girl has a crush on me..."

Paige: "One that you know of..." Paige kissed her again, then giggled and stepped back out with her to head to the cafeteria. "What kind of snow cone do you want?"

Rachel: "Oh, and how many guys have a crush on you? ...Or girls. Because they totally check you out, too," Rachel said after returning the kiss, shrugging a bit in answer to the question, "I don't know that I want one. Snow cones are just disappointing after they lose all the flavoring."

Paige: "Nobody checks me out.... who checks me out!?" Paige suddenly looked around her for these supposed admirers. "No boy has a crush on me, silly."

Rachel: "Um, students?" she suggested as if it was obvious, "Or, y'know, bodyguards."

Paige: Blushing profusely, Paige shot her a look. "Phil isn't fair. And which students?! Ew ew ew!!"

Rachel: Rachel simply stared at her for a moment as she stepped into line for this snow cone that Paige had to have, "Um, why do you think guys take your classes?"

Paige: Paige paused to look over at her, perplexed. "Well I um... because it has lots of girls in it, of course."

Rachel: "Yes, girls. Like you."

Paige: Suddenly very serious, Paige got closer to Rachel. "They can't be checking me out!" She hissed. "I'm a teacher!"

Rachel: Bemused expression on her face, Rachel glanced over to her girlfriend, asking, "Did you just miss the entire conversation we had with Cess and Angel about hot teachers?"

Paige: "But we're teachers... I don't get it."

Rachel: "So? That doesn't stop you from being hot."

Paige: Paige smiled a bit. "You think I'm hot. I like this."

Rachel: "Well, duh..." Rachel rolled her eyes, slowly shaking her head as she dug some cash out of her pocket to pay for whatever snow cone Paige wanted, despite their ridiculous price. Though, all food here was ridiculous... as was anything in the gift shop...

Paige: "Awww, you didn't have to pay. Thank you." Paige kissed Rachel's cheek and ordered herself a cherry snow cone.

Rachel: "It's not a big deal," she shook her head, stuffing the change in her pocket.

Paige: Excitedly taking her snow cone, she took her spoon and dug into it. "Mmmmm." She offered Rachel a bite.

Rachel: Rachel took the bite and found a table to sit at, plopping down in a chair. "What do you want to look at after this? More art that's not modern?"

Paige: "MMhmmm." Paige told her as she swallowed. "I like the classic artwork. Especially the ones with pretty flowers."

Rachel: "I guess flowers are alright..." she replied, leaning back in her seat, using another chair as a footrest. She supposed she couldn't say anything too bad about flowers since she had quite a few tattooed on her.

Paige: "Oh oh we can have a game! Let's see how many with lilies we can find!"

Rachel: Rachel smiled and nodded, though she wasn't sure how many they'd find, "Sure, if you want."

Paige: "And tonight... let's make waffles for dinner." Paige brushed a bit of red hair out of Rachel's face, taking of bite of her snow cone at the same time.

Rachel: She reached up to catch Paige's hand, brow furrowing, "...Like, in the toaster?"

Paige: "Oh my sweet... no. Just... no." Paige kissed her girlfriend's nose.

Rachel: Rachel blinked, "You mean they don't just come from the freezer?"

Paige: "Why do you think we have a waffle iron?"

Rachel: "...Waffle fries?"

Paige: "No."

Rachel: "But, then, how...?" Rachel started, frowning a bit. She hated cooking. "I just..." she shook her head, "Nevermind."

Paige: Kissing Rachel once more, Paige just giggled. "I will teach you... or rather, I will cook and you can watch me."

Rachel: She considered that for a few moments, eventually asking, "Just watch?"

Paige: "Naked."

Rachel: Her eyebrow went up, and she smirked, "And what if students with crushes on you interrupt?"

Paige: "Then you get to punch somebody. Win-win!"

Rachel: "Sadly, I'm not really supposed to punch students anymore," Rachel laughed, leaning in to steal another kiss, muttering, "You could just skip the cooking part."

Paige: "But.. but.. waffles are delicious!" She kissed Rachel again.

Rachel: "...Weeell, there weren't a lot of people around the bathroom," she replied, still smirking, "Then, we could go home, and you could cook delicious waffles..."

Paige: "Weeellllll, aren't you just the bad influence?" Paige kissed Rachel again, smiling. She took the final bite of her snow cone and got up, throwing her trash away.

Rachel: Rachel got up after her, shaking her head, "Not at all."