3/24 Instance: No Words Needed

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/24 Instance: No Words Needed

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Love's Not a Competition

Rachel: After the day at the museum, which hadn't actually turned out too badly, Rachel found herself in the bathtub with her head rested back against the wall, so she could blankly stare up at the ceiling. Closing her eyes, she blew out a breath and wished she had a cigarette or a drink. Or both.

Paige: Paige peeked her head into the bathroom, smiling softly at the sight of Rachel in the tub. "Hey Rachie..." She considered her next move, debating on asking and just joining Rachel.

Rachel: She heaved another sigh. It was too bad she couldn't smoke in the bedroom, let alone the bathroom. At the sound of Paige's voice, she grinned slightly, mumbling without moving, "Hey..."

Paige: "Do you want to be alone or....." Paige trailed off, shifting her weight nervously.

Rachel: Rachel pulled a hand from the water to push it through her hair, shaking her head as she opened her eyes to look at her, "No."

Paige: Smiling at that, Paige slipped inside the bathroom, starting to undress. "I was hoping for that."

Rachel: She bit down on her lip as she glanced her over. "Well, you didn't actually think I'd say I wanted to be alone, did you?"

Paige: "Well... maybe? Sometimes it's nice to just have some time to yourself." But not this time. She put an extra towel on the ground in front of the tub the carefully climbed in with Rachel.

Rachel: Shifting slightly, Rachel slipped her arms around Paige's shoulders. She supposed Paige had a point, but it was generally better if she wasn't alone because it usually ended in her sulking. "I have more than enough time to myself."

Paige: Resting her head back against Rachel, Paige smiled. "Yeah, I think so too. You need more Paige time." Paige teased her, nuzzling her cheek.

Rachel: "Then, stop working," she suggested with a grin, turning her head to kiss Paige's cheek.

Paige: Paige giggled again, stroking Rachel's cheek gently. "And how would we buy new shoes?"

Rachel: That question actually did cause Rachel to pause and think, though she eventually determined, "I can just steal them."

Paige: "Rachel!" Paige was shocked. She pulled back enough to stare at Rachel. "That's horrible!"

Rachel: "What?" Rachel questioned, holding her hands out as she stared back, "You asked how..."

Paige: "We're not going to steeeeeeeal." Paige sighed and lay back against her again. "So one of us has to work."

Rachel: "But I easily could, so it's always an option," she replied as she placed her arms back around her, kissing her shoulder, "A life of crime seems far more appealing than teaching super-powered students. Plus, it's probably safer."

Paige: "I can't let you be a criminal. So one of us needs a legitimate job, which I have now." Paige allowed her eyes to close, hand running up Rachel's thigh.

Rachel: "Well, I'll have an actual job..." Rachel replied, pausing to suck in a sharp breath as Paige's hand moved up her leg. She turned her head to rest her cheek against Paige's shoulder before adding, "I just don't know that I'll like it... or be good at it... and it probably won't be as awesome as my old job..."

Paige: "Why don't you do your old job then?" Paige shifted so she could stroke Rachel's face gently.

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth to point out the obvious but opted not to, putting on a slight smile instead, "I think I did joke with Bobby about tattooing people in the basement when I put the ring on his chest..."

Paige: "If the students want to get one, I'd rather they got a tattoo from you. But I trust you more than anyone anyway, so I might be biased."

Rachel: "Just a little," she snorted, kissing her should once more, "The place they go isn't that bad though. It's where I got mine... Well, except the last one."

Paige: "Still... if I ever wanted one, I'd go to you." Paige turned her head to catch Rachel in a kiss.

Rachel: Sliding a hand into Paige's hair, Rachel shifted slightly to deepen the kiss, vaguely wondering why baths ever seemed like a good idea. The shower just seemed like it worked out so much better for this kind of thing. After breaking the kiss, she commented, "I think I'd be offended if you didn't."

Paige: Paige giggled softly. She smiled and turned to look at Rachel better, but paused, her eyes lingering on Rachel's side. "That is a massive tattoo..."

Rachel: Biting down on her lip, she peered down at the right side of her ribcage and then glanced over to the left, shrugging a bit. She carefully lifted her arm because just under her armpit would be the easiest part to see at the moment, commenting, "It's not that much bigger than the phoenix... Just comes up higher through here."

Paige: Interested, and unable to wait, Paige tried to get out of the tub. "I want to seeee it!"

Rachel: She sighed as Paige moved and wait until she was out of the tub to heave herself up, turning to the side so Paige could see. She anxiously pushed a hand through her hair as she waited on the other girl's reaction.

Paige: Pink towel wrapped around her own body, Paige blinked at the tattoo. She moved closer, gently running her fingers over the tattoo on Rachel's skin. She smiled softly as she took it in. The lilies were beautiful, but they didn't register the full meaning until she noticed her name on Rachel's hip. Her eyes flitted up to Rachel's, then back down over the tattoo.

Rachel: After catching the look from Paige, Rachel wasn't entirely sure whether she should say anything and leaned to reach for her own towel.

Paige: "You.... my name...." Paige just stared, stunned.

Rachel: She focused on adjusting the towel around her, slowly nodding, "Yeah..."

Paige: No longer able to stare at the tattoo, Paige stared at Rachel's face instead, allowing time for that to process.

Rachel: Rachel was aware of the fact she was still being stared at and moved to drain the tub since she lacked anything else to do. After doing that, she shifted slightly, offering, "I got it after that stuff with Rogue... Except, I guess, you kind of knew that..."

Paige: No words needed to be said. Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel and pulled her to her for a deep kiss.

Rachel: After the slight surprise of being kissed, Rachel relaxed into the embrace, relief washing over her, and brought her arms up, slipping them back around Paige's shoulders as she returned the kiss.

Paige: "Nothing to worry about at all," Paige commented, kissing Rachel again.

Rachel: At this point, as she returned this kiss as well, she wasn't quite sure why she'd been worried in the first place.