3/24 Instance: Cussin' Cousins

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/24 Instance: Cussin' Cousins

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: The day after the game "Body Snatched".

Miles: "I love finding old school jams." Miles commented as he set up DJ Roomba. "I love when DJ Roomba plays some Beastie Boy sick beats!" taking out the bag of confetti, Miles started to stuff it into the three disco balls.

Cecilia: Cecilia eyed the roomba with much trepidation before continuing to set up streamers and other various decorations. She still wasn't feeling good, every time she thought about Quent, every time she thought about what she'd done, she felt like throwing up all over again. She didn't think it was possible to be sick from guilt, but she was. So distractions were required for most of the day.

Melati: "I say we can all use some Beastie Boys right now," Melati commented. She had charged herself with the preparation of all things liquid and drinkable, currently hauling in an immense keg all by herself. "You can cut the tension around here with a knife." She put down the keg and looked in Cecilia's direction.

Miles: Miles was now dancing with the roomba, doing the robot to "Intergalactic." He swung his arm loosely as if it were hanging from a hinge and immitated an animatronic wave to Cecilia. "What tension?" he asked.

Cecilia: Cecilia's hand shook slightly as she put the decorations up. Did they know? Did they remember it was her that led that pink haired freak here?! She was gonna kill him the next time she saw him, smash his teeth in and demand some sort of answers. Even if it killed her, even if he tore her mind apart from the inside out. She had to, she was responsible. "Shit night at the Hellfire club," she said flatly.

Melati: "Yeah, heard about that," Melati commented while turning the keg until it was facing the right direction. "Sorry I wasn't there to back you up, but that place just isn't my kind of dive, you know?"

Miles: "I'm so glad I have not been privy to this nonsense. I'm exhausted from catching up on school work. This is the first fun thing I've done since I got back..." He looked to his streamers and considered where on the ceiling they should go. "Cee, how's your family?"

Cecilia: "It's not mine either," Cecilia admitted to Mel. "But it's grown on me quite a bit and well, the whole dating a guy from one of the richest families in Europe thing sorta requires me to do it. So, what the hell?"

Cecilia: Cecilia sat on the arm of a chair. "They're pretty good," she said to Miles. "My mom came down for parent's day but I don't think she was too happy with me...they're actually spending a few days with me and Fabian in Puerto Rico when we go down there in the summer. Hopefully things go smoothly then."

Melati: "Puerto Rico? Sweet! I've always wanted to go there." The punch bowl was next on Melati's to-do list and she began to bring in an assortment of fruit juices and liquor. "Chances are I'll get to take a trip to visit my family during summer, too. My mother's side of the family, I mean."

Cecilia: "Kuala Lumpur, right?" Cecilia asked. "I've never been to Asia...well, I've never been to a lot of places. I don't count it if it's a mission here. Sorry, but Egypt was a bust."

Melati: Melati dropped off an arm-full of bottles, causing quite the ruckus as she struggled to keep them all from falling over. "Yeah," she replied, nodding at Cecilia. "That's where my mother lives, anyway. And her boyfriend, I guess. Most of my family is actually from Malaysia, but it's just a short hop from Kuala Lumpur to go see them."

Miles: "You're headed to Puerto Rico?" He asked, disappointed he hadn't found out in time. "And Mel if you're looking for the coolers they're behind the couch. I'm going to set up the grill in a few minutes, did we want chicken, burgers, and sausage? That sound good with everyone?"

Cecilia: "Yeah, it was sorta an on the fly thing," Cecilia said. "Gonna chill there for awhile as well as another destination of my choice, apparently. I just need to decide where I wanna go outta all the places Fab owns. I hope one's in Greece. I've always wanted to go, I even know some words in Greek."

Cecilia: "Won't be meeting up with any family though besides my immediate one unless Miles comes down," Cecilia said, frowning. "I'm not actually welcome among most of them. I don't think we can go too wrong with any of those Miles and if someone's vegetarian they can have some damn salad."

Miles: He shot her a cracked grin. "What's a salad?"

Melati: "It's what you stuff down a vegan's throat so they can't yap at you while eating your meat," Melati tossed in, pouring the contents of two bottles into a large glass bowl at once. "Sorry if I offended any resident vegans, but never tell me what I may eat with a clear conscience."

Melati: She looked up at the other two. "The way I see it, if it ends up between my jaws, it's fair game."

Cecilia: "Your roommate might disagree there," Cecilia said, raising her eyebrow. "I don't though." She eyed Miles. "Does your mom know you don't eat your vegetables here?" She teased mercilessly.

Miles: "Mom doesn't know a lot of stuff." he said with a smile as he stuck the streamers to the ceiling (which he was now hanging from. Using his webbing, he 'taped' corners of the streamers from the disco-ball all to each extending corner of the large ceiling. "Actually you wanna know a secret?" He asked the two.

Melati: "Do you expect us to keep it," Melati asked right back, a grin on her face. She briefly paused pouring the contents of the bottle she was holding, instead helping herself to a good-sized swig, before she continued to mix the bowl.

Miles: "Not really. I mean, a guy losing his virginity is not one of those easily-contained secrets." he added in a disinterested tone.

Cecilia: Cecilia choked and coughed on the swig she was taking from one of the bottles. "What?!" She gasped and pounded her chest. "Jesus Christ, Miles! Too much information!"

Cecilia: "...With who?" She asked suspiciously the next second. Huh, well it seems Miles and her had her brother beat in the virginity race. Poor Miguel...

Melati: "Not with me," Melati tossed in. She paused, her brow furrowing. "At least, not that I remember..." She looked at Miles, genuinely curious. "It wasn't me, was it?"

Miles: Miles was about to respond but froze at Mel's response. "uh... no. Were you interested? I had no idea." He blinked a few times and returned his gaze to his cousin. "That, my good cousin, is the one secret here I will keep. Mostly because I know you'd disapprove."

Cecilia: "...It's Jess, isn't it?" Cecilia asked, disappointed. "Goddammit Miles...really?!"

Melati: "You didn't pay her any money, did you," Melati asked, again looking up from her alcohol mixing project. "Because interested or not, I can tell you that you could have had that cheaper had you come to me right away."

Cecilia: "Oh my God!" Cecilia cried. "Why?! How could you do this to me, Miles!"

Miles: His jaw dropped. "Jess?! NO! Cecilia, I didn't! Look, it doesn't matter!" He dropped down and gave her a very stern glare. "It doesn't matter who it is."

Melati: "Don't tell me you got to take Ms. Kincaid's extra... tutoring," Melati remarked, showing her fangs as she flashed a grin.

Cecilia: "Oh thank Jesus!" Cecilia exclaimed, falling to her knees and thanking the dear sweet Lord she wasn't so sure she believed in. "I don't care who it is! I don't care if you're gay, straight, bisexual or whatever the fuck else there is. Just not that. Anything but that!"

Miles: Miles flickered a grin at her words but tried to hide it. "Thanks, Cee. Don't stress it, it's not Jess. I'm glad I have your support. Maybe I'll let you know."

Melati: Melati looked between the other two, while pulling the cork from another bottle. "I feel like I'm missing something important there," she said, sniffing at the contents of the bottle. "Can't say I ever took a roll through the sheets with Jess, but she can't be that bad. Girl's got a nice rack. Is she spreading mutant cooties or something?"

Cecilia: "'Course," Cecilia said. "My best friend is a lesbian, another one's gay and another is...I dunno what he is, it depends on what form and mood he's in...but he's LGBT something. I like to think I'm open-minded."

Cecilia: Cecilia raised an eyebrow. "Jess beat me up last semester and I threw her ass down the stairs, I thought everybody knew that."

Melati: "Well, yeah, but as you said, that was last semester." Melati decided it would be best to sample that drink, as well. Just to be sure nothing bad or too weak would go into the bowl. "Hell, if I held a grudge against everyone I got in a fight with, it would be Mighty Mel verses the world by now."

Cecilia: Cecilia scowled. "Her personality just clashes with mine. I can be civil to her, but she'll never be my favourite person."

Miles: "Well I like her as a person, so let's not do this now, huh Cee?" He asked. "Besides if she's at the party tonight I don't want any trouble. Everyone's equal. Even people you don't like."

Cecilia: Cecilia gave a hard smile. "We've been co-existing just fine for months now, cuz. I won't start anything... or end anything." Equal, now that was a riot. Everybody might be equal in this country but in Cecilia's mind some were more equal than others.

Cecilia: Family and friends were first, always would be to her. Everyone else...well, they were ranked on usefulness, their personalities and how frustrating they were.

Melati: Melati's scaly brow furrowed as she frowned at the other two. "Sounds like you need to take a lesson from Mel on how to handle people," she said, shrugging. "See, if I have problems with someone, I let them know. Then we argue, sometimes we fight, and then we take a drink and forget about it."

Miles: "I'd prefer that then what Cecilia does, which is holding grudges until the grave." Giving his cousin a judgmental look, he started to pour popcorn and chips into large bowls.

Cecilia: "And that's why you're the field leader," Cecilia chuckled to Mel. "And if you think I'm bad Miles, you should see my abuela, that's your mother's mother's sister, Isbella. Fucking psycho she is. Hope I don't run into her on the island, last time she hit me in the head with a tangerine. I was three years old! That bitch..."

Melati: "I know how to drink and how to punch people - two of the most crucial traits you need when you want to lead your own team." Melati laughed, grabbing a can of fruit to pry it open with her claws. "Now, does that say more about me, or the members of our team?"

Cecilia: "...The team," Cecilia decided. "People need punched in the face sometimes, Boss. They also drive you to drink."

Miles: "I think everyone's really overlooking the fact that there's going to be some awesome beats and wild times going on here tonight." Miles reminded the girls. "And maybe talking about beating up team memebers, loved ones, or whatever can be for another time."

Miles: "When we're not drinking ourselves stupid and partying like it's 1999."

Cecilia: Cecilia counted on her fingers. "...It's 2016 now...I was born in 1997...so that would've made me two years old and I would've still been in Puerto Rico and asleep so I really hope this party is more fun than that," she teased. "Oh, I'm down for drinking and dancing, I really need a pick me up...it'll be nice. Take my mind off some things."

Melati: "That's the idea," Melati agreed with a nod, pouring the canned fruit into the punch bowl. "I know people need to unwind." She smirked. "Caring for the morale is the favourite part of my job." She took the ladle, stirred the contents of the bowl, and slurped a small sip. A grin appeared on her face. "Perfect."

Melati: "Don't worry, once the boys and girls took a taste of my patented boom-bowl, their minds won't be on anything for the next couple hours," she assured Cecilia.

Cecilia: "You gotta meet my brother sometime," Cecilia said. "He'd thank you for the booze, he's even in the army so I think you'd get along."

Melati: "I think I like him already." Melati smirked, filling up the ladle again to make sure the bowl really was alright. "Though, if I'm going to meet him and there's booze involved.... Just out of curiosity, would I get your approval, unlike Jess?"

Miles: Miles coughed into his cup as he started to sip some soda. "Bwu-ghwat?"

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned. "...I guess if he wanted... I wouldn't like it but I can't exactly stop him." So that was a 'not really.'

Miles: Miles shot Cecilia a look. "Wait, are you saying the people I sleep with have to check in with you?"

Miles: "For approval?" He looked to Melati. "Are you as stunned about this as I am?"

Cecilia: "I think it's a bit late for that!" Cecilia laughed. "No, they don't. I didn't check in with you or my family so I don't see why you'd have to ask me."

Melati: "At least you don't have to worry about me becoming part of your family anytime soon," Melati replied with a laugh. "Then again, the family reunions would be almost worth it."

Miles: "For your information, Cecilia," he whipped out his cell phone and showed her a picture of a blond bombshell. "This is the girl who slept with me. You wouldn't approve because she was working with my Uncle, but she's changed. And she doesn't want to be a part of that anymore."

Miles: "And if I was a jerk, I'd go sleep with Jess just prove a point to you, but that's not fair to use her like that. So I'll stick to Ms. Felicia here and when you're done sticking your nose into all my biz-niz you can call me."

Cecilia: Cecilia just stared at Miles. "...I hate to break it to you but I don't disapprove, Miles. I'm dating a former mutant terrorist. Why the hell would I be mad at you for dating a former small-time criminal when I'm with someone even more controversial? When most of my friends are former criminals and assassins and 'freedom fighters'?"

Miles: Well that took the wind out of my sails. he thought to himself. "Well, ... estupida!"

Miles: He turned on his heel and went back to DJ roomba. "DJ Roomba, gimme some beats!" He shouted and instantly the little floor-cleaning robot (with an iHome duct taped to the top) began to play Black Eyed Peas.

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "¿Se le olvidó el español es mi lengua materna? Te entiendo, primo."

Cecilia: ((Spanish: Did you forget Spanish is my first language? I understand you, cousin.))

Cecilia: "Però tu no m'entens quan faig això. Així, mentre que jo tinc aquest avantatge em reservo el judici fins que em trobo amb aquesta dona. Realment, em pregunto si no ho vas fer photoshop aquesta foto, però el temps ho dirà," she laughed.

Cecilia: ((Catalan: But you don't understand me when I do this. So while I've got that advantage I'll reserve judgement until I meet this woman. Really, I wonder if you didn't photoshop that picture but time will tell.))

Melati: Melati looked back and forth between the two. "I have no idea what's going on between you two, but should I fetch the jell-o already?"

Miles: "N'aw, Mel... It's alright. My cousin is just doing her superiority-complex thing." He said with a shrug. "I think she has French heritage in her too. Explains the Napoleon complex she gets when she has to put me down all the time."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "I have white blood somewhere back there, but I dunno if it's French," she gestured to her reddish brown hair. "And I'm not making fun of you. If you're happy I'm happy. Can't wait to meet this girl."

Cecilia: She smiled. "You're just mad I don't disapprove. I surprised you, cuz."

Miles: He grumbled about her being half right and turned on some black lights and strobe lights. "Well, party is in an hour. I'm going to go get ready. Thanks for the help. Mel."

Miles: He waved to Melati and walked out of the room, avoiding a glare from Cecilia.

Cecilia: Cecilia wasn't glaring though, just chuckling. "I'm not always right but when I am it's often not a good thing," she said to Mel.

Melati: Melati watched Miles leave, a frown on her face. "Guess I should hope you're wrong more often then," she said, giving Cecilia a smirk as she turned her head to look in her direction. "Well, you heard the man - only one hour until the party goes down."

Cecilia: Cecilia saluted lazily, making her way upstairs. "I always do, see you then, Boss!"

Melati: "See you there!" Melati waved after Cecilia, before pouring herself a glass of the punch bowl she had just made "Right, one hour. Better waste no time to get started then." She tossed back the glass of punch.