3/24 Instance: The Fabulous Queen Cortez

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/24 Instance: The Fabulous Queen Cortez

Post by Ferguson »

Timeliend after Pink, Shiny Room Wonders

<Mayday> Humming to herself, Mayday skipped up to the costume closet to pick through whatever materials she could. Tapping her side with a finger and waving one on her other hand in the air to the beat in her mind, she mumbled to herself what she needed to the same tune.

<Mayday> Reaching the door to the room, she knocked it, turning the handle and poking her head into the room, "Helloooooo?", she sang, blinking at the scene inside.

<@Fabian> A pile of fur coats moved as a sleepy Fabian poked his head out of it. For a quick moment he thought the pandas had come to attack now that Chuck Norris wasn't there...but then he remembered he had been high as balls...and he was wearing a hoopskirt.

<@Fabian> "Hey Mayday, how're you?" He asked, reaching up to scratch his head and a load of glitter coming down over his face.

<Mayday> There was a simulated camera clack sound from Mayday's iPhone - she'd slipped it out of her Dead Space hoodie in the time it had taken Fabian to greet her - followed by a laugh, "This is going straight on Twitter.", she forewarned him, "I'm....pretty baffled! How are you, Mrs. Nezbit?"

<@Fabian> "...pretty awesome! I mean, I've no intention of buying any more of this stuff but I've got to say I think I've a drug of choice if I ever get bored of Sean's brownies...probalby won't get bored of those, though, because he's quite the baker." Fabian stood up and looked around. "I guess Rachel made it out, though. How are you?"

<Mayday> Mayday furrowed her brow a little, "...Fabian, you just asked that.", she grinned, "I'm fine, if a little....confused.", she stepped into the room, slipping her phone back into her pocket, "Rachel was here too, eh? So....what was the drug? Does 'Miss Cortez' know you were experimenting with it?"

<@Fabian> "Yeah, sort of a light acid, she was with me when I took it at the museum...I'm told I started talking about Boy George which I think sounds like a bad trip but apparently I was happy enough." He looked a bit sheepish though. "I guess I'm still a bit floaty. You'll have to forgive me....and maybe not mention I had a hand in glitterbombing the whole closet."

<Mayday> "Aww, you didn't!?", Mayday frowned a little, "Aww, I need some straps from in here - i-is it....is it bad?", she didn't even want to look, "I gotta be honest, I don't wanna help you clean it if it is. I frickin' hate glitter...",

<@Fabian> "...yeaaah, it's everywhere. But look, we made Lorna a card!" Fabian held up his and Rachel's handiwork quite proudly. "And we can definitely find some straps, Rachel pulled out the ribbons."

<Mayday> Unsure of exactly what the pink card was, Mayday gave it a scrutinizing look, "It's....very....feathers?", she hazarded, "I er...just need some lengths of nylon, preferably not 'Guthrie'd'.", she sniggered, "Oh, Fabsy...what ever will we do with you?"

<@Fabian> "Heeey now, I'm perfectly capable of minding myself now. I dare say glitterizing myself has done a good deal in cheering myself up from the last Hellfire outing. You heard about that, right?"

<Mayday> "....no.", Mayday raised an eyebrow, "But the way you said that I figure I should have........?"

<@Fabian> "Yeah, we're pretty sure we caught Quentin delivering a girl to someone...like...potentially cannibals."

<Mayday> ".....you what?", Mayday blinked, "Q-Quentin the....pink-haired, 'gee, I wish I was as cool as Darren, guys', guy?", she looked to the door, then back to Fabian, "A-and you didn't follow her to protect her? O-or tell the faculty?"

<@Fabian> "We called the school back, called the police, the usual thing. There was no sign of the girl and we searched the area when we could and searched for the van as well. I ended up taking Cee on home pretty quick, though." He frowned at that, though, still annoyed slightly at the fight there.

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah....shit, this is a fucking disaster.", she pushed a hand through her hair, "Erm...ermermerm....ok, h-how about er....does he know we suspect him?"

<@Fabian> "He's a telepath so we can't be sure. We played it pretty damned cool back at the bar, though, or as much as possible." Fabian shook off some of the glitter on him as he rubbed a hand over his face. "If you talk to Cee about it be careful, she's blaming herself for things as usual."

<Mayday> "Really? Ohh....", Mayday sighed, "That's....well, that's just dressing on an otherwise crappy salad.", she frowned, "Quentin knows where we are - we're sitting ducks unless we can find a lead and strike first..."

<@Fabian> "Kraven all ready knew where we were. Quire was just someone people can trust and allow themselves to be singled out by." Fabian's lip curled a bit. "But we know that now and who knows what he can lead us back to."

<Mayday> Shaking her head, Mayday leaned back on the door, "Kraven...'course, I forgot about that.", she took a deep breath, "Ok....ok, we need to get defensive. D-do the faculty have a plan?"

<@Fabian> "I imagine Mel'd be the one to ask about that, she's our leader at the moment, after all. It only happened yesterday though, there will be a plan...and I think we're all ready defensive, more like time to discuss offense."

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah, but....I just think someone more experienced...", she sighed, "I dunno, I've met Mel, I....I've not seen her in action much, I couldn't comment.", she shrugged at that, "Heh, especially since I've only ever played a bit-role on missions..."

<@Fabian> "You've met the people who are 'more experienced' right? They've fucked things up for themselves time and time again or else there wouldn't have been that whole X-Force business. I think this is something everyone should be planning to some degree. After hearing about the meeting with Kraven and company in that alleyway this is going to be an all hands on deck sort of thing I'd guess."

<Mayday> "W-well.....yeah, there's that...", Mayday agreed, "B-but in fairness, they were punished, right?", she nodded, "I agree though, I think that our current roster's pretty damn fine. Save for...some....p-people....", she fumbled with her hands, "I er....think some of our team-mates lack the...er...'fundamental charisma' we need..."

<@Fabian> "Not everyone is as charming as we are." Fabian put a glittery arm on Mayday's shoulder fondly. "Not everyone can be witty, pretty gingers."

<Mayday> Giggling, Mayday tapped his chest, "We do rock the 'firemane' look.", she concurred, "Guess we - and by 'we' I mean 'you' - should start cleanin' up, eh?"

<@Fabian> "...Yeah, I think I'm going to be showering first...and then showering after. I think I actually breathed glitter."

<Mayday> "Well, good luck with that.", Mayday grinned, giving Fabian a little hug, "Oh, the world would be so much less fun without you, ridiculous man.", she laughed, leaving the room, "I'll see you later, 'Princess'!"

<@Fabian> "Princess? I am Queen here! You just call me Freddy Mercury." Fabian gladly returned the hug and went to follow her out, hoopskirt and all. "I'll see you later, too. Hopefully with less glitter."