3/24 Instance: Creative Ways To Hit (On) Each Other

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/24 Instance: Creative Ways To Hit (On) Each Other

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline.

<@Jessica> Jess wandered around the kitchen, putting a salad together and debating another evening at the club after work. She hummed to herself and listened to the water bubble in the kettle to distract her from the sounds of the building.

<David> David popped his his head through the kitchen doorway, half-expecting to find it empty and having to continue his search elsewhere when he noticed that A. It was not empty and B. it contained exactly who he was looking for. "Hey crazy kung-fu lady!" he called out, as he entered the kitchen.

<@Jessica> Jess blinked at the salutation and turned on her heel to face the door, "Huh? Who me? I'm not crazy..."

<David> "Hey, you answered to it." he grinned. "You're not too busy right now, are you?"

<@Jessica> "Um..." she looked at the plate of half prepared food, "Was about to have lunch... but I can talk while I do that... what's up?"

<David> David spun a chair around and sat split-legged, with his arms crossed over the back of the chair. "I've heard you're pretty good at hitting people in creative ways. I, too have some experience in the practice. Think we could train in trying to hit each other in new ways?"

<@Jessica> She raised an eyebrow, going to get the kettle off the stove just before it started to whistle. "Are you asking for a sparring partner?" She pulled her mug to her, smiling a little at the cartoon spider. "Do you want tea?"

<David> "No thanks. I've managed to avoid drinking it so far. No reason to start bad habits now." David leaned forward a bit, curiosity briefly piqued by the text wrapping around the mug. "And, yeah. Sparring partner. I promise to take it easy on you," he winked.

<@Jessica> She laughed, "You don't have to."

<David> "Just remember I offered," he joked. "Have any preferred method of asskick? Kickboxing, taekwondo, etcetera, etcetera?"

<@Jessica> "Um... no... no preference... Never really have... I tend to mix..."

<David> "Oh. How many different styles do you know?"

<@Jessica> "I don't know... a few... lots... probably lots..." She finished preparing her salad. "Some for use with weapons, some for without..."

<David> "Well, you've got me beat. I just know one. And that's because I get to make weird noises while punching people in the face."

<@Jessica> She laughed again, "You don't have to make noises.... though I guess if you want to... it can be kind of off-putting for an opponent..."

<David> "Yeah, that's what my instructor kept telling me, but damnit. If it worked for Bruce Lee, it must be better in some way."

<@Jessica> "Well my instructors yelled at me a lot for mixing so..." She gave a half shrug, finally sitting down to enjoy her lunch. "I suppose I can spar with you..."

<David> "You should have just said you were rediscovering MMA." he leaned back a bit, taking his weight off his arms. "That's great! Fighting the stuff in the Danger Room is weird and unsatisfying for some reason."

<@Jessica> "I have... absolutely no idea what that is so I'm fairly sure I couldn't have said that." She offered a small smile, "And I can understand that too... but I actually like the Danger Room... it means I don't have to hold back."

<David> "It's mixed martial arts. I know it's weird, but it just feels odd when they're simulated," he shrugged, "I mean, it's great if you want to shoot something I guess, but an honest fight?" Doesn't hurt that your sparring partner'd be easy on the eyes, does it, chief.

<@Jessica> "When you're strong enough to put your fist through a wall... it helps to have simulated people. Less messy when you want to blow off some steam, if you know what I mean..." she lowered her gaze to her plate.

<David> "That's a... valid point there." David ventured. "Hadn't really thought about that aspect. Look on the bright side. If you punch a hole in me, I'll just heal it back up! I think. Haven't exactly tested that out yet."

<@Jessica> "Wouldn't advise testing it out... probably hurts..." she pulled a face. "Don't ask me to do that..."

<David> He held up his hands in a placating gesture. "Definitely interested in keeping all parts of me attached and generally where they should be."

<@Jessica> "Good. Then I'll spar with you... I really should update my schedule on the noticeboard. I did put one up a while ago so that people could ask me for lessons or whatever... probably more important now with all this... other stuff going on..." she still couldn't bring herself to say the word.

<David> "Other stuff? I've been pulling a bit of a hermit act. Been avoiding anything other than what I have to do. Must have missed it."

<@Jessica> "Soooo you didn't hear about the dead body in the woods? Or notice the police all over the lawn?" She raised an eyebrow.

<David> "Uhhh... I guess not. I mean, a heard a little bit about it but didn't really pay attention." He said, with a sheepish grin.

<@Jessica> She put down her fork to run both hands through her hair, "So you know nothing about strange markings carved into everything or cannibals," there, she'd said it, "eating mutants?"

<David> "Holy crap, what?"With your regenerating, you'd be a never-ending all you can eat buffet! "Thanks for that image." he muttered. "Yeah, no. Did not hear about. Wait. how do they know they're eating mutants. Was there a medicare bracelet that said 'Hello, I'm a mutant' or something?"

<@Jessica> "Overheard it from the police.... super hearing... they're keeping it as quiet as they can... guess they don't want a mass panic or whatever..." Aaaaand now she wasn't hungry. She pulled another face and pushed her plate away, pulling her tea to her instead.

<David> Don't make smarmy remarks under your breath around this one, chum. "Well, that's just a barrel of fun." He noticed the mostly unfinished food being pushed away. "Sorry about your appetite."

<@Jessica> She shook her head, "It's fine... kind of happens a lot lately. I don't eat much anyway..."

<David> "At least you can't blame it on a heavy meal when I inevitably beat you." he joked.

<@Jessica> She gave him a grin over the rim of her mug, "It's cute that you think you can beat me."

<David> "Pfffft. I don't think." he boasted, realizing a little late exactly what he said. "I mean uhhh... damn."

<@Jessica> She laughed, taking a sip of her tea and shaking her head. "Too late. There's no going back now.... but don't worry, that's a common side-effect of being around me."

<David> "You must be emitting some kind of make people dumb field, then. That's my excuse" he nodded sagely.

<@Jessica> "It's a valid excuse." She nodded along, "But usually people just call them pheromones."

<David> "Nah. Too long a word. I'm sticking with dumbfield. After all, gotta be a leader, not a follower."

<@Jessica> She smiled, "Well... how about you lead the way to the gym then and I can get on with kicking your ass?"

<David> "Ho ho! Bold words." He stood up, flipping the chair around and placing it back the way he found it. "Good to know you keep thinking about my ass." he winked.

<@Jessica> "I aim to please," she gave another grin and got out of her own seat, gesturing for him to go ahead of her. "Except for the part where I'm not going to let you win."