3/25 Instance: Pull Your Shit Together, Woman

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/25 Instance: Pull Your Shit Together, Woman

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined A couple days after 'Body Snatched', before 'Dirty Dancing'

<Cecilia> Cecilia swayed a little on her feet by the bar of the hole in the wall pub she'd decided to have a drink to calm down in...which mutated into a few drinks...when then progressed into many drinks and ended with Cecilia shit-faced and hostile in a bar.

<Cecilia> The bartender had told her to pick a name from her cell phone contacts but when Fabian's name came up she just couldn't face the humiliation...or another argument. So instead, she told them to call her main girl...she just hoped Mayday was ready for her like this.

<Mayday> It was a good half hour before Mayday finally showed up, bursting into the bar breathless and red-faced. She approached the bar and quickly explained herself, and was swiftly pointed to where Cecilia was sat.

<Mayday> Sliding down across from her, Mayday nudged her, "Hey, get up.", she sounded a mix of concerned and irritated - though it may have just been because she'd traveled over twenty blocks in record time after her shift.

<Cecilia> Cecilia stood up shakily, eyes cold. "Fuckin' cut me off...tol' me I couldn't have anymore. Those fuckers. I just wanted more to drink, I'm not..." she wiped her mouth "...I'm not fucking wasted I jus' wanted to relax for fuck's sake!"

<Cecilia> "I was not hostile!" Cecilia said, pointing a finger at Mayday. "That is complete bullshit!" She turned as the bartender remarked that she was lucky they didn't call the cops. "You shut the fuck up! I wasn't talkin' to you!"

<Mayday> "You are VERY clearly wasted.", Mayday sighed, shaking her head in disapproval, slapping her hand back down to her side, and shooting her a hard glare, "Shut up for a second and I'll see if we can get off with a light barring...", she gestured to the door, "Just....go and wait outside, alright?",

<Cecilia> Cecilia scowled and picked her away over to the doors unsteadily, muttering in Spanish the entire way.

<Mayday> Her redheaded friend exited a few minutes later, scratching her head and still aghast at the embarrassment she'd suffered in front of the bar staff, the drunken old man who had plenty to say about the incident, and the fact she was about to talk to the culprit.

<Mayday> Taking a deep breath, Mayday turned to Cecilia, "So, you're barred.", she started with, clearly not impressed, "For starters."

<Cecilia> "Oh ho ho ho, I'm barred from th' bar?" Cecilia laughed meanly. "That's a…motín…no…a riot! That's it! That's a riot! They can't stop me from going for a drink, it's a free country! I have a right to get smashed!"

<Cecilia> "Imma go tell 'em," Cecilia said, trying to re-enter the bar. "Imma sort this shit out!"

<Mayday> Mayday sighed again - this was going to be a long evening, "Your 'right to get hammered' starts at twenty-one, dumbass!", she grabbed Cecilia's arm and started dragging her away, "Moreover, it DOESN'T cover screaming abuse and attacking staff with glasses!"

<Mayday> She gripped Cecilia tighter, "God help me, I will tear your arm off if you don't keep up..."

<Cecilia> "OW!" Cecilia shouted. "Leggo! Stop pulling my goddamn arm, you're hurting me!" She jerked her arm out of Mayday's grasp. "I did not hit anyone with that glass! I threw it, but I did not hit anyone with it and I did not intend to hit anyone with it! I am not a complete monster!"

<Cecilia> "All I wanted was a fuckin' drink," Cecilia said, sniffing suddenly. "I just wanted something to....and then everyone gets angry at me!"

<Mayday> "Damn right they get angry!", Mayday almost laughed out of sheer frustration, "Cecilia, you're breaking the law! You could get that place shut down for serving you! Moreover, you're clearly way past your limit - so you done goofed there, too."

<Mayday> Shaking her head, Mayday rubbed her eyes, "Cee, I just had to rush out of work and skip eating to get here thinking....Christ only knows what could've happened to you and I find...this..."

<Cecilia> "Ffffuck the law!" Cecilia said, throwing her arms up. "The law...never did nothin' for me...the cops...did nothing. Jus' like they didn't do nothin'...this time. The only people we can rely on Mayday is ourselves!"

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed hysterically and fell back on her ass into a snowbank on the side of the road. "It's all fucked to hell now! Everything I did...it didn't amount to anything! I tried to help people, that's all I wanna do. Help 'em. Instead, I led them straight to their deaths!"

<Cecilia> "...I killed 'em…" she sniffed, tears suddenly springing to her eyes. "...they died 'cause of me..."

<Mayday> Mayday couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl sat in the snow. That didn't stop her from kneeling down and striking her in the cheek with a slap, "Never say that.", she said firmly, grasping Cecilia in a hug, "Never, ever say that."

<Cecilia> This just seemed to incense the younger woman though. "Oh, go to hell!" Cecilia screamed, pushing hard to pry herself out of Mayday's grasp. "You're just like him! Always sayin' it's not my fault! But it's all bullshit!"

<Cecilia> She pulled herself away and backed off putting more space between her and Mayday. "It is my fuckin' fault! It fucking is! I know it and I gotta live with it everyday! I gotta live knowin' it! I gotta go the rest of life known' I led the snake into the den, that I didn't listen to anyone else when they told me not to make friends with him, that I practically served up mutants to him on a platter!"

<Cecilia> "Just like I gotta live with knowing I killed my dad! I did! Did I ever tell you that?! I killed him too! I nearly killed my mother as well and my brother! Y'know why? 'Cause I'm cursed, Mayday! Everything I touch goes to shit!"

<Cecilia> "And eventually someone else'll die 'cause of me. 'Cause of my mistakes..." Cecilia said, backing away. "You'll die...and Fabian'll die and Laura and Jean-Paul and Lukas and Miles and everyone I know, but I'll still be alive and I'll know it's my fault! I know this! So don't you ever lie to me again! 'Cause I fuckin' hate lies!"

<Mayday> Unable to deal with Cecilia's words, Mayday grabbed her by the collar and forced her against the wall, "You believe any of that!?", she glared into the other girl's eyes, "And you call me a liar!? You think it's all your fault like God and the world has it our for you and you alone?", she shook Cecilia, "How conceited are you?"

<Mayday> Releasing her, Mayday cast her aside, "People die, Cecilia! People make mistakes, people get ill, disasters happen and sometimes things just ARE!", she took a few long breaths before speaking again; "I spent my entire life thinking I was some kind of freak because I had nobody! I had nobody who really cared for me - you had a family and you wanna talk about 'cursed'!?"

<Mayday> Mayday approached her, "Get up.", she commanded, "Get up and stop acting like such a coward! Nobody could have predicted any of this, nobody could have. And the fact you're blaming yourself is either heroic or just plain masochistic.", she held her hand out, "Get up. And stop badmouthing my best friend...", her voice cracked a little at the last sentence, "...c-cause...I really will hit you again..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia struggled back onto her feet. "He said that too...that I was egocentric... that's real rich coming from him!" She sniffed, scrubbing hard at her eyes. "Then why does it always happen to anyone I care about? Explain that araña. Why did I survive? I should be dead too, he held the gun to my head, but he didn't kill me! Why do I deserve it?!"

<Mayday> "Sometimes things just.....happen.", Mayday shrugged, "Sorry but....did I deserve to transform into a monster? Did I deserve to be beaten up at school and never meet my father?", she shook her head, "Cee-Cee, you need to stop thinking of life as a constant equation - sometimes things happen. For better or worse is something we choose."

<Mayday> She gestured at Cecilia, "And if this...if this is the culmination of your life's journey, then...."

<Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "Everything happens for a reason. That's what I was told, that there was a design. If there's no plan, if I have no purpose..." she raised her hands and threw them down again "...everybody has things get better for them and I just keep losing!"

<Mayday> Mayday's shoulders sank, ".....s-so....your 'best friend' over here's just another loss.", she raised her hands to count off a few things, "And your boyfriend, and your new home, and your new family....", she sighed, "...this is pointless. If you're just gonna talk stupid..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia opened her mouth to argue, but then actually thought about it. "...No. No, they're not...but I'm gonna lose them all anyways! If this cult doesn't murder us all then something else will! I'll lose everyone eventually!"

<Cecilia> "I'm...I might lose Fabian soon. He told me he couldn't take this anymore..." she gestured, helplessly. "I'm gonna get dumped...I think. It's only a matter of time 'fore I get the 'we should be friends' talk."

<Mayday> "And how are you helping that?", Mayday sighed, "Cee, you need to stop being so self-defeating and - to be frank - masochistic.", she scratched her head, "You're upset, I get that, but this? This is.....this is just stupid, Cee. This isn't you, this is the person who's given up, not the person who's scared of losing things..."

<Cecilia> Cecilia half-collapsed onto Mayday and half-hugged her. "Don't leave me..." she sniffed. "Take me back, please. I can't do it alone."

<Mayday> Mayday's arms wrapped around her tight, "I wouldn't.", she affirmed, "I wouldn't ever, Cee-Cee. I promise. No matter what happens, I never would."

<Cecilia> "I never meant to kill anyone..." Cecilia mumbled. "I never meant for anyone to die...Mayday almost died...I told her Quent gave me kick to try...she went to him for the drugs and got addicted... he probably found victims at the rally...that Sammy person at the club...they probably killed her."

<Cecilia> "I was sitting right across from him...that fucker… I'm gonna kill him. I don't care if he tears my mind apart from the inside out. I gotta find him...settle this...atone for the mistake..."

<Mayday> "Hey, hey, hey, hey....", Mayday snuggled into her shoulder, "Nobody could have predicted that, ok? Nobody. And we'll find a way to stop them, ok?", she backed away to look at Cecilia properly, "Ok? We will stop them. This is the last time, you did nothing wrong. And you're gonna keep doing the right thing by getting this out your system."

<Mayday> She rubbed Cecilia's arms, "Right before we find that jackass Quentin and break his fingers."

<Cecilia> "Everyone's gonna blame me!" Cecilia moaned. "They'll know I brought this on them! They'll know and they'll hate me!"

<Cecilia> "I'm not gonna break his fingers, Imma kill him. Imma smash his skull in and pierce him with spikes and watch his suffocate in his own bile that goddamn snake!"

<Mayday> Mayday shook her head, "No, Cecilia, no. We are not the X-Force, and we are not a killer cult. We're gonna do this by the book, ok? That's how we do things.", she frowned, "And nobody's gonna blame you, unless they're gonna blame Jean too, which I somehow doubt...."

<Cecilia> Cecilia blinked. "...X-Force tortured my boyfriend..." she said dumbly. "I don't wanna join 'em."

<Cecilia> She looked absolutely sick at the idea of Jean and Quentin. "Ugh, no, don't make me think of that..." she covered her mouth '...that's disgusting."

<Mayday> "Then stop talking crazy.", Mayday smiled a little, "Come on, we're going home and having an early night of Cleopatra 2525 and hot coco.", she gave Cecilia a little pull, "After you're feeling better, we're gonna have a loooong, calm chat about this."

<Cecilia> Cecilia broke away for a second and then, for the second time in two days, vomited onto the ground. "Alright...I'm good," she coughed, wiping her mouth. "Let's go."

<Mayday> Covering her mouth, Mayday nodded, ".....ew.", she finally sighed, "Y-yeah...let's....yeah."

<Mayday> And in her head, she hoped that was just the drink - Cleopatra 2525 wasn't that bad....