3/25 Instance: Awkward Kombat

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/25 Instance: Awkward Kombat

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined After Creative Ways To Hit (On) Each Other.

<@David> David double-checked his gloves before stepping onto the padded mat set on one side of the gym and going through a series of light stretches while waiting for his sparring partner to show up.

<Jessica> Jess strolled down to the gym in her uniform because it would suit the purpose well enough, "Hey, hope you haven't waited too long..." She tied her hair back as she moved into the room.

<@David> David 'critically appraised' the uniform for a moment before responding. "Nah, I got out here a couple minutes ago. I do feel a bit under-dressed though," he stated with a glance down at his sweatpants and fitted t-shirt.

<Jessica> "Don't worry about it," she laughed, starting on some stretches herself even though her mutation meant she didn't really need to. "My clothes don't hold up too well with my flexibility so I prefer to train in uniform."

<@David> That's not necessarily such a bad thing.*drooling sounds* He gave his head a quick shake to break from the distraction. "Good thing you've got that uniform, then." Note. Arrange to have her uniform 'misplaced' before a sparring session.

<Jessica> "Yeah... or bad... means I feel obligated to go on missions." She glanced up and gave a small grin.

<@David> "At least you get to look good doing it." He grinned back while continuing his stretches.

<Jessica> "I like to think I always look good." She replied, testing the seams of her uniform at every angle.

<@David> "Dayum," he absentmindedly muttered before lining up his thoughts again. "You won't hear me saying otherwise."

<Jessica> "Well I should hope not. I'd be all offended." She tossed him another grin as she straightened up. "So... how would you like to start?"

<@David> "I guess just free-form it and see how it goes?" You should take it easy on her. Give her a shot so she feels involved. "That sounds like a bad idea for some reason." he muttered. "No, trust me man. It'll work out. [/i] I'd like to point out it sounds like a ba...*muffled sounds*Nope. That guy said it's a good idea, too. David headed over to the far side of the mat and faced Jessica before dropping into a caual fighting stance.

<Jessica> Jess dropped into a stance too and eyed him for signs of movement, "Would you like to go first?"

<@David> "Hey, if I tell you exactly what I'm about to do before I do it, that'd make me the bad guy. And I'm much too pretty to play the bad guy. I'd at least need a few rakish scars." He stalked from side to side in semicircles, gradually growing closer as he talked.

<Jessica> Jess didn't move, just watching him, "Does that make me the bad guy?"

<@David> "We could just be a couple good guys who had a misunderstanding." David noted the distance as a little further than where he would normally attack from and darted forward with a quick strike, but making sure to telegraph it.

<Jessica> Jess countered and sidestepped easily, to throw him off balance. "A misunderstanding, huh?"

<@David> David regained his balance and quipped, "Yep. One of us plays fast and loose with the rules and the other is a conservative stickler." he charged again, this time throwing a loose hay-maker.

<Jessica> Jess ducked the blow and swung a leg out to knock his feet out from under him, "Which one am I supposed to be?"

<@David> "Oof." Uh. Maybe not such a good idea. Ya think? He lay on his back for a moment, surprised at the speed of the takedown. "Haven't decided yet. Any preference?" he asked before rolling backwards and to his feet.

<Jessica> "I'm good at breaking rules." She gave another grin, this one slightly devious. "Are you going to try harder now that you've been introduced to the mat?"

<@David> "Not much of an actor, am I?" he said sheepishly. "I've never been much of a rules man myself either, though. Maybe we should compare notes and see who wins." he returned the mischievous smile as he assumed a more defensive stance.

<Jessica> "But then I'd lose my air of mystery." She gave him a scandalised look at that.

<@David> "You're starting to sound awful conservative." he accompanied the verbal jab with a physical one.

<Jessica> She laughed, blocking that too, "In your dreams."

<@David> "There's nothing conservative about my dreams. That'd be a waste of a good dream." he circled, looking for an opening.

<Jessica> "That is a very good point... unless you like the idea of seducing the conservative one."

<@David> "Can't say the thought never crossed my mind."

<Jessica> "Well I'd hope it did or you're far more boring than I gave you credit for." Getting bored with the circling, she swung a leg at his hip.

<@David> "Can't have you thinking I'm a bore." He turned away from the blow so that it landed further towards his back and brought his arm down to trap her leg, before stepping towards her while throwing a quick punch and trying to overbalance her backwards.

<Jessica> Jess rolled back to avoid the blow, putting a hand on the mat and using the leg he wasn't holding to sweep at his feet again at the same time as pushing against his side with the leg he had pinned.

<@David> David bent his leading leg to deflect as much of the sweeping foot downwards and shifted his weight forwards to fall onto and pin her between himself and the ground.

<Jessica> "Rookie mistake." She easily rolled them so that she was on top of him, shifting to pin him instead.

<@David> He rocked in one direction, then quickly over to the other to try overbalance her so that he could get his feet back under him.

<Jessica> "You know I could really cheat now and just stick us to the mat..." She grinned, "But I suppose that wouldn't be entirely fair."

<@David> "I'm pretty sure there are people with fetishes for that." he grinned back. "Plus you'd owe me for wrecking my clothes."

<Jessica> "I'm sure there are... but I'm not sure why you think your clothes would be ruined... unless you're hoping that's a prelude to me ripping them off you?"

<@David> "Can't say the thought never crossed my mind." he parroted his earlier line.

<Jessica> She laughed again, "You're terrible." She rolled off him to let him up, getting to her feet in one fluid movement.

<@David> "What can I say? I aim to please." he chuckled as he intentionally slowly and unhurriedly stood up and brushed off his pants.

<Jessica> "So, how many times do I have to do that to win?"

<@David> "What's the prize? It'll change how hard I make you work for it."

<Jessica> "Does there have to be a prize other than being better?"

<@David> "How about this. I win, you let me take you out to dinner. You win, I let you take me out to dinner."

<Jessica> She raised an eyebrow, "You're asking me out on a date?"

<@David> "Not so much a date as..." he looked thoughtful for a moment, "... well, actually, yeah. A date."

<Jessica> "I, um... You know I have a boyfriend, right?" she chewed her lip.

<@David> "Oh." *train-wreck noises* "I didn't," he made a solid attempt at not letting his disappointment show.

<Jessica> "I'm sorry... I mean... I can understand why you wouldn't know... he's not been here for a while...."

<@David> "Ah. Well, then... that's um... right." Smooth operator. Smoooooooth operator.

<Jessica> And now she felt bad. "It's my fault.... how about we go for lunch instead? For an apology?"

<@David> "Sure. That sounds... good. And then we pretend this never happened." he joked, hoping to leaven the situation with humour.

<Jessica> She offered a smile, "I'm good with that if that's what you want."

<@David> "Seems like the... smart choice. No one's ever accused me of being smart before, but I guess there's always time to start."

<Jessica> "I'm really sorry... do you just want to stop here and pick this up another time...?"

<@David> "Uhh... sure. Some other time works for me.."

<Jessica> "Okay then... see you later I guess...." She pulled the tie from her hair and waved over her shoulder as she walked to the door. Yep. Club after work.