3/25 Instance: Airplanes and Aggravations

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/25 Instance: Airplanes and Aggravations

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after togetheralone.txt

Laura: Having found and settled in her seat next to the window, Laura twisted around to peer around the plane, looking over the other occupants, once more. She had never been on a commercial flight and was slightly amazed they'd made it on time given the fact they'd been held up by security.

Hisako: Hisako sat beside her, still amazed herself, "Yataaa!", she grinned, "We made it!", she turned to Laura, "One step closer to finding your mother!"

Laura: She turned back around, looking over to Hisako with a smile as she nodded, "I know. It is quite exciting."

Hisako: "It is an adventure.", Hisako agreed, sitting back with a little sigh, "I cannot wait to get there - when we are there we should go to this Irish pubs and ask for 'real ale'.", she nodded, "They say it is very good, and the Irish like to drink, so maybe we can take your mother there?"

Laura: "Perhaps," Laura gave a shrug, "I'm not entirely sure how she is, so I imagine it would depend on that. Regardless, we should go."

Hisako: Tapping her nose, Hisako smirked, "Of course, Irish culture is not all drinking - there are many beautiful sights in the country also, so if we get a chance, we must see them.", she affirmed, resting a hand on Laura's.

Hisako: "Are you afraid, Laura-chan?", she asked, genuine concern in every word.

Laura: "A little, yes," Laura admitted as she pulled her gaze from the other girl to peer out the window, brow furrowed as she took in their surroundings. It was difficult to see anything with the exception of clouds.

Hisako: Hisako's grip tightened ever so gently, "It will be ok. I promise.", she smiled, closing her eyes, "I am sure. No matter what happens, it will be alright."

Laura: "Of course," Laura replied, relaxing back into her seat as she focused her attention of the rows of seats ahead of them, "Everything will be alright eventually."

Hisako: "Yes.", Hisako nodded with a smile, "A-are you looking at something?", she tried to follow Laura's gaze.

Laura: "Passengers, flight attendants, carry-on luggage, walkways, exits..." she gave a small shrug, "Everything."

Hisako: Hisako grinned at her answer, "Are you worried we will have to leap from the plane and there will be a mutant attack?", she glanced to one side, where a woman covered her son's ears and gave her a cold look, "Gomeeeeeeen....", she muttered, looking away.

Laura: "Well..." Laura started as she seriously considered the question, leaning forward once more to peer around Hisako in order to see what the other girl was grumbling about, "I imagine that's a possibility, though I would like to believe it is an unlikely one."

Hisako: For a moment, Hisako paused, "...imagine if it did.", she looked somewhat concerned, "We think it is unlikely but....our school is being stalked by cannibals.", she whispered, "That is unlikely."

Laura: "...True," Laura nodded. "Well, hopefully, we would be able to stop the attack before having to leap from the plane because I'm not positive my healing abilities could handle a fall from this height." After a look back to the window, she added, "I'm also not sure how well you would fair."

Hisako: "Noooooo, don't say that, Laura-chaaaan!", Hisako shook her a little, frowning, "That's a scary thought!"

Laura: Her brow furrowed as she asked, "Was that not the first thing you were worried about when you got on the plane?"

Hisako: "No! It was whether the food would be good!", Hisako admitted, blushing, "N-now that you mention it, I'm seriously paranoid about this!"

Laura: "Huh... I had not considered the food," she commented before trying to assure her friend, "I would not be overly paranoid about it. Like I said, it is unlikely."

Hisako: "So is everything that happens to us!", Hisako protested, leaning back in her seat with an exasperated sigh, "If this plane was hijacked it would be normal by these standards!"

Hisako: The woman to Hisako's left clicked her tongue, causing the Japanese girl to turn to her, "Naaaaniiiii!?", she hissed, making the woman uncomfortable enough to look away again.

Laura: "I'd considered that," Laura admitted, her face twisting slightly as a baby began to fuss, the cry seeming far more shrill with her hearing. "Some sort of mechanical failure or miscalculation topped my list of concerns, followed by any hijacking attempts or attacks..."

Hisako: Hisako cringed, "Why can't we watch simply an in-flight movie and not talk about it?", she sighed, rubbing her forehead.

Laura: "I imagine not talking about it during a movie would give us ample time to prepare plans should something go wrong despite the odds," she answered.

Hisako: "Oooooh, Laura-chaaaaaaaan....", Hisako groaned, leaning her head on the other girl's shoulder before giggling a little bit, "You are so bad sometimes!"

Laura: Laura blinked, tilting her head slightly to look down at Hisako, "What did I do?"

Hisako: She sat up, sighing more hapilly, "You're funny.", she clarified.

Laura: "Am I?" she asked as she considered the idea of her bringing anyone amusement, only to shrug a bit, "It's comforting to know I do not have to try at that."

Hisako: Hisako tilted her head to one side, beaming at Laura before patting her head a little and sitting back, "I am glad.", she laughed, "So....shall we watch some movie?"

Laura: Laura answered as she offered a pair of the headphones they provided to Hisako, "I believe our in-flight experience would be incomplete if we did not."

Hisako: --- Eleven hours later... ---

Hisako: "Nani!?", Hisako shrieked, completely aghast at the turn of events that had led to them sharing a single bedroom, "I-I cannot believe this! They think two of us can share this tiny space!?", she stormed into the room and cast her bag aside, "That woman....she better give my money back! Mesu inu!!!!!"

Laura: "It's not that small," Laura commented as she follow Hisako into the hotel room, dropping her bag at the end of the single bed.

Hisako: Hisako groaned, "Don't side with heeeer!", she gave Laura a blank look, "So, where will one of us sleep? Outside?"

Laura: "I am not siding with her. I was merely stating that the space could be smaller," she shrugged and looked down to the floor, gesturing to it.

Hisako: Stammering a little, Hisako quickly regained her composure and folded her arms, "W-well, good then!", her eyes fell to the floor - and its somewhat ugly blue carpet - her eyebrow raising before she sighed, "Ok.....I will sleep on the floor then.",

Laura: Laura didn't have a particular preference when it came to the carpet, and she simply stated, "I can sleep on the floor."

Hisako: "No, Laura-chan!", her Japanese companion protested, "You sleep on the bed, ok?",

Laura: "If you insist," she shrugged, "However, it is not that big of a deal. I have slept in worse places."

Hisako: Hisako sighed again ,"Well, I don't want you to sleep somewhere uncomfortable. Not when we are here for something so important."

Laura: "Where I sleep has no bearing on what we're here for," Laura replied.

Hisako: "Laura-chan!", Hisako shot her a frustrated look, "You need to be at the top of your game! A good night of sleep, a healthy breakfast, both are important!", she folded her arms, shaking her head, "You don't understand how this is so vital?"

Laura: "Not particularly, no," she answered as she reached down for her bag, relocating it to an armchair and unzipping it.

Hisako: Slouching against a wall, Hisako let out a huff, "Well, it is. So....'blah'.", she grumbled.

Laura: Laura shot her a slight smirk, "How could anyone oppose that logic?"

Hisako: "Seikaku ni.", Hisako muttered back, unable to keep a smile from forming on her own face, "We should rest....it has been a long travel.", she exhaled, stepping forward and stretching with a yawn.

Laura: She moved to flop down on the bed. It wasn't anywhere near as comfortable as her one at school, but it could be far worse. She waved to the bathroom, "You may use it first since you're stuck on the floor."

Hisako: Hisako nodded, "Arigatou.", she breathed, kneeling down to her bag and retrieving a few facial wipes, her toothbrush and paste before wandering into the bathroom to prepare for bed.

Laura: As soon as Hisako had disappeared into the bathroom, Laura laid back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, blowing out a soft sigh. The fact that she was going to meet her mother tomorrow seemed slightly surreal, and she doubted she'd actually get a good night's sleep. Regardless, she could pretend for Hisako's sake.

Hisako: Minutes seemed to pass in seconds for Hisako as she brushed her teeth post make-up removal, humming her favourite T.M Revolution song to herself as she finished up, stepping out of the bathroom and frowning a little at Laura lying on the bed alone.

Hisako: A few moments later, she'd sat down on the bed and rolled over, hugging the other girl without a word.

Laura: Eyes closed, Laura had heard Hisako come out of the bathroom, though she hadn't expected a hug. Her eyes opened, and she looked over to the other girl, tense. After taking a deep breath, she managed to relax into it, stiffly returning the gesture.

Hisako: "You look like you needed this.", Hisako said quietly, sitting up after a few moments, "It will be ok.", she nodded, slipping off of the bed and onto the floor, removing spare sheets from beneath it, "It will all work out, you'll see..."