3/26 Instance: Hot and Cold Running Emo

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/26 Instance: Hot and Cold Running Emo

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Dancing Partners

Rachel: Rachel had tried to insist that some ice from the freezer or some frozen vegetables would work just as well as Bobby, but Paige had been hearing none of it. She was convinced it was partially an excuse to gush over the baby, which was exactly what her girlfriend was doing, leaving her sat on the tribbles, cradling her swollen hand. Punching Shaw had been like hitting a brick wall.

Rachel: Taking the opportunity to kick off her heels, Rachel leaned back into the couch with an irritated huff, far less bothered by her short dress now that she was in pain.

Bobby: "Gotta say, I did see your performance and I was impressed, babe." Bobby flopped onto the sofa next to her. "I've wanted to do that for yeeaaars."

Rachel: She let her head fall to the side to look at him, "I don't advise it unless you plan on icing your fist first."

Bobby: "Oh, I would." He grinned. "So, I can hoooold your hand. I can be your girlfriend." Bobby laid his head back too and batted his lashes at her.

Rachel: Holding her hand out to him, Rachel managed a slight smile, though it dropped as she admitted, "It wasn't nearly as satisfying as I thought it'd be."

Bobby: Frosting his hands, he cradled hers. "No? What did he say, anyway? I mean, I know he was hitting on Paige, but that's what he does."

Rachel: Hissing at the change in temperature, she peered past Bobby, in the direction of Paige's voice, and turned her head to stare back up at the ceiling after a few moments of debate, shaking her head. While she didn't have any desire to talk about it, she did anyway, "He decided to comment on how quickly I've moved on."

Bobby: "Well that was a dick move." Bobby snorted. He sighed and brought their hands down together to rest on his knee. "I'm guessing he was just fucking with you, just like hitting on Paige."

Rachel: "Yeah, well, I guess it worked since he got a reaction," she muttered, reaching up with her free hand to scrub at her face, tucking some hair behind her ear.

Bobby: "Don't pay any attention, babe. He doesn't know you." He thought better of squeezing her hand, but he lifted up their hands long enough to jostle her knee with his.

Rachel: "I know," Rachel sighed, turning her head to look over at him again. "It's just... I'm not..." she trailed off with a groan, taking a moment to order her thoughts before trying again, "I haven't moved on. Well, I mean... I sort of have, seeing as I'm with Paige, but that doesn't mean I'm just over him. Plus, I'm getting tired of just taking shit, especially about Paige and I."

Bobby: "Who's giving you shit about that now? I think I've already apologized for my shitty reaction a few times." He licked his lips. "I doubt you will get over him. You were married, and that'll always be with you."

Rachel: "Well, it's not necessarily about that, I guess. It's just shit in general," Rachel answered, "Rogue's... Well, you know how overprotective she is. That didn't go over well with Paige. Then, Cess was jealous, which was awkward. For me. Then, I may have glitter bombed the costume closet while tripping on acid with Fabian, and she was pissed."

Bobby: "Cess was jealous?" Bobby snorted. "Sorry." Then he looked at her with wide eyes. "You were trippin' balls with Cortez? No wonder she was pissed... though I would think the glitter part would have helped make up for it."

Rachel: Now that she was talking, she felt slightly better and shot him a small grin. "Yeah, totally. She had a crush, like, way back when and kissed me. She's not even the only girl that happened with while we were students," she rolled her eyes, "Is that look for dropping acid or because I did it with Fabian? Also, it didn't, however I don't recall caring about being chewed out."

Bobby: "Cess had a crush on everybody. Hell, she just plain loves everybody." Bobby returned the grin now. "Oh yeah? You were getting all the girls, huh? Must have been the emo vibe."

Bobby: "The look's for both, actually, but Fabian is an odd choice for an adventure down the rabbit hole."

Rachel: "Yeah... Clearly, I could not deal with loving everybody. At least not without punching a bunch of people in the face," she commented, shooting him a smirk, "It's that or... Well, no. It's probably that. Everyone wants to take care of a kicked puppy."

Rachel: As for Fabian, she gave a shrug, "He's pretty awesome, and it was totally cool until I was worried about bloodthirsty pandas."

Bobby: "Or put her in an emo hut." Bobby matched the smirk as well. "I'll take your word for it on Fabian, also the little rat bastard has grown on me a bit... like a fungus, I suppose." He cackled. "Bloodthirsty pandas? You're just lucky Dee didn't catch you disorganizing her closet or the pandas would be the least of your problems."

Rachel: "I would've wanted to pet her hair, and the cutlery would've been so shiny that I probably wouldn't have cared she was ending me because I was surrounded by awesome things," Rachel nodded, "I mean, I think Paige ripped me a new one, and all I had to say was that our pink room was awesome because it was so bright."

Bobby: Bobby literally choked on his own laughter. "Oh my fucking God.... I would have paid to see that shit!" he wheezed.

Rachel: "It's arguably one of my best or worst moments," Rachel sagely nodded, "You should ask her all about it."

Bobby: "Oh... I really, really will." He checked her hand, making a face and looking toward the stairs when he heard a particularly high Paige squeak and Lorna's laughter. "Ripley probably filled her diaper or something."

Rachel: "I hope I didn't break anything," she muttered as she looked down, following his gaze and pulling a face of her own, "I'm not sure how that could result in anything but cries of despair... Speaking of, how is the whole parenting thing going?"

Bobby: "I dunno, but I'd say that's still a bone well broken." Bobby held her hand up to investigate closer. It was definitely swollen, ice or no ice.

Bobby: "Oh, it's good," he grinned. "Just about over my SHIELD leave, but I've really been happy staying home with Dee and the kid... even though, yeah, you sometimes cry as much as she does when you open up that diaper."

Rachel: Rachel leaned to peer at her hand and gave a shrug. She supposed she'd find out tomorrow, depending on how it looked. "Guess the kid's easier to deal with than Hope, huh?"

Bobby: "If I put the kid somewhere, she stays there, because she can't move, and she doesn't talk back, so absolutely." He nodded toward the stairs. "You wanna go collect your girlfriend, whose honor you totally defended most nobly?"

Rachel: Rachel laughed as she pulled her hand away from his, gathering her heels before she stood. "I probably should, especially if we want to be able to pry her away from Ripley."

Bobby: Bobby got to his feet and offered her his hand. "Shall we?" He smirked and waggled his brows. "By the way, you look hot, babe."

Rachel: "You always tell me I look hot," she snorted, taking the offered hand, "But, thanks."

Bobby: "Yeah, but that's actual temperature," he grinned. "This is more short skirt 'holy shit look at those legs' hot."

Rachel: Rachel shook her head as she laughed, getting out through snickering, "Let's go before we have a kidnapping."

Bobby: "...oh, shit." Bobby's eyes widened in mock horror. "You're right. Let's go!" He gave Rachel a sly look. "Race you."