3/27 Instance: Put a Ball on It

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/27 Instance: Put a Ball on It

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

<Jamie> Jamie had carefully picked out the pinkest of the pink flowers at the florist earlier and was now arranging them in a cup on his desk. They had to be just right for Jean. Everything had to be perfect for her. He stood back and looked at the arrangement and frowned. One flower was too tall. He pulled it out, cut the end, and stuck it back in. Better... Even if it was shorter than the others. At least it wasn't too tall.

<Jamie> He picked it up along with the pretty pink golf ball he'd bought and written on and skipped out of his room and down the hall. I'm off to see my Jeannie, the wonderful Jeannie of mine. Because because because becaaaauuuuse... Because of the wonderful person she is! ...That doesn't rhyme. Darn.

<Jean> In her room, Jean was so checking for spiders. She lived with a scary bondage carnie goth chick and a zombie queen... there had to be spiders! On all fours on her bed, she poked a long stick down the gap between her mattress and the wall.

<Jamie> Jamie skidded to a stop in front of her door and tapped on it with the messaged golf ball. "Jeaaaaannniiiiiieeeee. Oh Jeaaaaaaaaannnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."

<Jean> Jean squealed at the odd noise at the door and used her telepathy to find out who was there. Rather sloppily in her surprise and spider panic.

<Jamie> Jamie sqwacked in surprise. "Hey! It's just me! Your boyfriend! No need to poke so hard!"

<Jean> Boyfriend? She had a boyfriend?! The door popped open, with Jean still wide-eyed, wild-haired and on her hands and knees on her bed. "OH! Jamie! Hi!"

<Jamie> Jamie blinked at the sight of Jean looking like that. "Um... Are you okay?" He tilted his head and stepped cautiously into the room. "Do you need help?"

<Jean> "Spiders!" That was all she need say. It was universal, right?!

<Jamie> Jamie closed the door behind him and set the flowers and ball on her desk before going over to help her. "Where?" He smoothed her hair down and tried to calm her down, "I'll kill them for you," he beamed.

<Jean> "You will?! Oh my God, you get better and better!" She launched herself into his arms for a hug, climbing into his lap and clinging a bit.

<Jamie> Jamie held her tight and rocked her a bit, "Shh. It's okay, Jeannie." He kissed her forehead. "I'll always keep you safe. From spiders and cannibals."

<Jean> "D'awww!" She squirmed a little to reach his mouth and gave him a better kiss.

<Jamie> Jamie laughed and kissed her back. "You're so silly today! Okay, where are the spiders? I'll kill them!"

<Jean> Silly? That might have had something to do with the whole pan of special brownies she'd had after that nightmare about Quentin. UARARAGH! "I swear I heeaard them.... like, under my bed." Jean illustrated with a scritching noise.

<Jamie> Jamie tilted his head at her, "You heard them?" That didn't make sense unless they were giant man-eating spi--- Cannibals! He gently tossed her onto the bed and dropped to the floor to look under it. He would get them before they got her! He lifted up her dust ruffle to look and said "Ah ha!" ...To nothing. "...Um... under this bed?"

<Jean> Jean eeped at the toss and scrambled to the middle of the bed - no body parts near the edge where they could be grabbed - no way! She peered down at him. "Um... yeah?"

<Jamie> "There's nothing moving or alive down here..." He pulled out a pair of his boxers that he thought he'd lost, "But these may be mutating... Wondered where they went."

<Jean> "There isn't?" She stared a the boxers. Thank GOD they were his. "Maybe... under their beds?" She waved a hand at the no-man's land of her roommate's areas.

<Jamie> Jamie dropped the boxers and crawled to look under the other beds. "Um... Moldy bread? Gross. No spiders though." He wrinkled his nose as he pulled out a used condom to throw away. "I thought we threw them all out already."

<Jean> "...that may not have been ours, Jamie." Jean's puckered face betrayed her growing horror.

<Jamie> Jamie flailed over the trash can as he dropped it. "Ew! Ew! Ewewewewew!" He rushed to her bathroom to wash his hands. "Ewwwwwwww." He came out after he was done and frowned at her, "Somebody finds your roommates attractive? Ew." He went over and pulled her in for a cuddle, nuzzling her neck. "At least no one's trying for my girlfriend."

<Jean> "WASH! Waaaaaash!" she encouraged him, bouncing in place and spiders forgotten. Once he returned, she accepted the cuddles happily. Wait. There was that word again. It didn't mean what he thought it meant, surely?

<Jamie> He laughed and scooped her up off of the bed then flopped down onto it, making sure to land on the bottom, and holding her tight so she wouldn't hit him and make someone pop out of him. "What's your last name, Jean?"

<Jean> Jean giggled at all this, propping herself up with her forearms on his chest and brushing her hair back from her face. "Grey. Duh." Wait. "What's yours?"

<Jamie> "Madrox." He grinned, "Jean Grey. I like it. It sounds very classic movie star." He adjusted his head on her pillows and kissed her in the process. "Figured I should know your last name at least."

<Jean> "Thanks! Yours sounds... maybe like a cleaning product... I'm not sure." Oooh, but kissing was nice and she was easily distracted.

<Jamie> Jamie wasn't sure how to take that and mumbled his name under his breath, "Jamie Madrox..." It kind of did... Or an infomercial spokesman. Ew. He screwed up his face. "Sorry... If you don't want to date me because of my last name I'd understand... It would suck, but I'd get it."

<Jean> "No! No... I.... like bleach?" Jean petted his hair and kissed him again.

<Jamie> Jamie laughed and kissed back. "It keeps things clean..." And then he thought about the condom again and shuddered. "Oh! I have presents!"

<Jean> "Presents!" She clapped her hands and forgetting she was using her arms to balance herself, faceplanted on his chest.

<Jamie> Jamie caught her and held her close, hoping she hadn't broken her nose and motioned with his eyes for the dupe to check and see. No blood. The dupe thumbsed-up and Jamie silently sucked him away again. "Are you okay, sweetness?"

<Jean> "Um, yeah... was there just another you for a second?" She blinked, sure she hadn't hit him that hard. "I'm fiiiiiine! Good!"

<Jamie> "Um... Maybe?" He frowned, he'd been caught. Darn. He kissed her nose and helped her roll off of him so he could get up to get her flowers and golf ball. He hid them behind his back, "Close your eyes."

<Jean> "I, like, totally saw them... but okay!" She sat on the edge of the bed and looked up at him, then squeezed her eyes closed, face scrunched.

<Jamie> She plays along! She's perfect! "Best. Girlfriend. Ever." He grinned to himself then pulled them around front, "Ta daaa!"

<Jean> "EEE! Pink!" Jean opened her eyes and clapped, reaching for the flowers. "Thank yooou!"

<Jamie> Jamie grinned broadly at her reaction. He did gooood. Even if they were in just a plastic cup. They were pretty and she liked them! "You're welcome!" He showed her the golf ball and then squinted at his hand writing. "It's supposed to say 'Sorry our first date wasn't a hole in one. Par two?' But the bumps in the ball make it look like something not even close to that..."

<Jean> Taking the ball from his hand with her teke, she dropped it into her open palm and squinted at it as well. "Sure sour peach ate water hole? Okay!"

<Jamie> He scrunched his face, "Yeah... Sorry..." He moved to sit next to her on the bed, "So, Another try maybe?" She won't say no, right? She's already my girlfriend. And she likes sex with me...

<Jean> "You mean another date?" She cocked her head at him, sniffing the flowers, which didn't have much smell. They smelled like pink!

<Jamie> "Yeah! We have fun here at the mansion a lot... But... I wanna show you off.... You know... In public?"

<Jean> "No more mini golf." Her nose wrinkled.

<Jamie> "Um. No. How about... Ummm.... A carnival? I'll win you a teddy bear and buy a shirt that says 'I'm with my girl' with an arrow pointing to you!"

<Jean> Jean laughed. "Sure, that sounds fun." She leaned over and kissed his cheek. "So I'm your girl, huh?"

<Jamie> He blushed a bright red, "Yeah... I mean..." He frowned, confused, "Aren't you?"

<Jean> She looked at him for a long moment, then kissed his lips. "Yeah, I think I am."

<Jamie> He grinned and kissed her back. "I would hope so. I mean... We've had sex. I hope you only have sex with people who are your boyfriend. That's what most girls do, right?"

<Jean> That made her choke just a bit, but she covered it with a grin and kissed him again. "Yaay, so this means I can call you my boyfriend, too."

<Jamie> "You hadn't been already?" He was confused. But he liked kisses. He grinned and kissed her again. And again. And then a peck on her cheek, then her nose, then her other cheek, then started furiously kissing her all over in a goofy manner.

<Jean> Jean giggled at the kiss attack, sloshing flower water on the bed until she had to set the cup down on her nightstand, along with the little pink ball. Then, she tackled him to the bed to show him what kissing was all about.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 3/27 Instance: Put a Ball on It

Post by steyn »

Yeah. Wait until jean sees jack when he comes back from a breast cancer awareness drive. Bright pink from the tips of his ears down to his toes.