3/29 Instance: On/Off the Clock

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/29 Instance: On/Off the Clock

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Little Prick

Rachel: The last thing Rachel had expected to do with her day was make a trip to the police station to sit in an interrogation room for hours over the disappearance of Sebastian Shaw. It was completely ridiculous to even suspect she had anything to do with it because she would've just killed him that night in front of everyone, however that wasn't something you could tell the police.

Rachel: Having spent the better part of her time fidgeting, she leaned back in her chair once more and stared down at her hand that was flat against the table, ring and middle fingers taped because she'd finally decided one was probably broken from that punch.

Eddie: Finally, the door opened, Eddie Brock slipping into the room and closing the door behind him. He sat down across from her, resting a folder on the table before her, "Right, sorry I'm late.", he smiled awkwardly, "You alright? Want a glass of water or anything?"

Rachel: "Oh, I'm fine besides the massive waste of time this is, but I imagine I'll get over losing a few hours of my life," Rachel answered, shaking her head in response to the offer of water. She resisted the urge to tap her fingers against the surface with a sigh. She hated the police, and the fact she was being questioned by Eddie didn't change that.

Eddie: "Cool.", Eddie nodded, opening the file and taking a deep breath, "Ok, you know why you're here, right?"

Rachel: As she eyed the file, she nodded, "Yeah, I was informed when I was called in or whatever."

Eddie: "Alright, fantastic start.", he took a breath, tapping a page in the file and sliding it over to her, "First thing's first...", he raised his hand, "You're not here to be accused of anything, this is merely a Q&A kind of deal. You said you've heard about the disappearance of Sebastian Shaw?"

Rachel: "Yeah," she answered, vaguely wondering how many times she was going to have to answer that one as she pulled the file closer with her good hand.

Eddie: Eddie frowned a little, sighing under his breath. Well, if she was gonna make this more painful, what could he do? He shook his head, "Right.", he pulled out a small notepad and a pen, clicking it ready, "We heard that on the night of....", he glanced at the file, "...the 6th April, you and Shaw..."

Eddie: He smirked a little, "You had an altercation, yes?"

Rachel: Rachel nodded, blowing out another sigh as she pushed the file back to him. She leaned back in her seat again, this time crossing her arms, as she spoke, "It wasn't much of one, but yeah."

Eddie: Nodding back, Eddie looked up at her, "Could you give me a brief overview of what led to it?"

Rachel: "I went to the Hellfire Club to hang out with a friend and my girlfriend, who I found him hitting on while they were dancing," she shrugged, "I cut in, he made a comment, I punched him in the face..."

Eddie: Laughing a little, Eddie nodded, "Sorry, that....sounds awfully believable.", he shook his head, jotting as much down, "Just need that in your words.", he looked up at her again, "Where were you on the night of the 9th April?"

Rachel: "'I take it then you simply go by Grey? Dropped the Foley? Mourning does seem to be over.'," Rachel quoted. She'd be surprised she remembered the exact words, but it still bothered her. She held up her hand, "So, I broke my fingers on the bastard's face..."

Rachel: She paused as she thought back. That had been just the other night... "I was probably with my girlfriend."

Eddie: Eddie took the quote down, and her words afterwards, "And can she verify that? That's Paige Guthrie, your girlfriend?"

Rachel: "Yeah, I'd hope so," Rachel answered, elaborating, "Paige teaches dance on Fridays, and I met her a while after her class let out. She taught me to waltz."

Eddie: "What was the time of that?"

Rachel: "Um, in the evening? Like, maybe around five or so..." she shrugged, admitting, "I don't really know when we finished."

Eddie: Nodding, Eddie jotted it down, "Not a problem, we can always ask her if we need specifics.", he looked up, "Anything you'd like to add?"

Rachel: Rachel made a slight face at the idea of the police questioning Paige about anything, as she wasn't sure Paige would be able to handle being questioned without assuming she'd done something wrong. "I guess nothing comes to mind."

Eddie: "Alright.", Eddie nodded, jotting down a few more notes and closing the file in front of her, "That's literally all we need, Miss Grey.", he smiled, "Thanks for your cooperation with this."

Rachel: She gave him a skeptical look, not entirely sure she believed that was all the police had wanted. Though, she supposed they weren't going to question her entire life like SHIELD. "So, I can go? And you're not going to call me back in? ...Or arrest me later?"

Eddie: Eddie shrugged, "Can't see the future, but if what you've said is true you won't hear from us unless we need you.", he assured her, "You're free to go. Want me to see you out?"

Rachel: "Yeah, I'm not entirely sure I remember the way out," Rachel nodded as she stood, pushing the chair in before stretching. While she was sure she could figure it out, she doubted using her powers would end well... Not that they were likely to know about it.

Eddie: Standing also, Eddie pocketed his notepad and took the file back into his arms, opening the door and holding it open for her, "This way, Miss Grey.", he smiled.

Rachel: ((To Vito's!))

Rachel: After a few shots of whiskey at the bar, Rachel had decided it beat taking ibuprofen for her fingers. Well, or it was just nice after the day she'd had, especially since she'd have to go tell Paige about it. "I've never been so glad to be ambidextrous," she commented as she poured herself another.

Eddie: Eddie shook his head, "So er....right handed is 'good'.", he raised the bottle in his right hand, waving his left, "Left handed is 'evil'...", he looked at Rachel, "What does that make you, freakshow?", he joked, nudging her.

Rachel: She smirked over at him as she picked up her glass, "I like to think that means I'm in-between, so Grey."

Eddie: "Aaaaaah, I get it!", Eddie laughed, "You clever little pickle...", he took a large swig of beer, "Oh. Also!", raising his hand, he grinned, "High five for punching Shaw - love to stab him myself I ever get a chance...."

Rachel: "Well, I figured that was better than just agreeing I'm a cripple," Rachel shrugged, downing her shot. She placed the glass back on the bar before raising her hand to high-five him, "I would've loved to fry his mind, but I'm not really supposed to do that to people."

Eddie: "I would've.", Eddie grinned, shrugging, "Fucking...like Kraven and him are the only two I would.", he tapped his nose, "Reminds me - need to ask Bobby what the cool-down is on people being cool with murdering people.", he scoffed, waving down the barman, "More shots!"

Rachel: Rachel cringed a bit, pointing out, "Obviously never."

Eddie: Eddie shook his head at that, "Rachel, literally everyone is cool with him now bar me.", he explained, "They get over it, apparently! I don't make the rules!"

Rachel: "Really?" she raised an eyebrow, "I hadn't noticed because people still take shots at me."

Eddie: "Hey...", he nudged her again, "You know I'm joking, right? Riiiight?"

Rachel: "Yeah, well, it's not really something I find funny," Rachel replied before downing her drink, shaking her head, "Bobby and Rogue orchestrated all that to save me. It might not have been the best way to go about it, but I still appreciate it."

Eddie: Humming a nonchalant response, Eddie remained silent, sipping more beer and picking silence as the conversational option before more shots were placed before them. He paid for them and waited until they were alone before speaking up; "Look, I....cannot agree with that, ok? I won't. Don't ask me to."

Eddie: He turned to her, "That said, Rach? I don't think you were in the wrong. Yes, I think the execution of the....executions...was bad, but that said, I don't doubt I'd have done the same.", he sighed, looking down at the shots, "Wanna know a secret?"

Rachel: "I don't need you to agree with it because, honestly? I don't care if you do or not. You're totally allowed to have your opinion, but he's been there for me through a lot of shit. Plus, being in a similar situation, I don't find it amusing because I would be pissed if someone said that about me, even though I was in the wrong. At least in the eyes of the law," Rachel shrugged, reaching for one of the new shots.

Rachel: At the question, she paused before she drank it, looking over to him, "Sure."

Eddie: "I'm gonna kill Kraven.", Eddie said, calm as ever as he downed a shot of his own.

Rachel: Rachel simply stared at him for a few moments, eventually turning back to her glass and drinking. She wasn't incredibly familiar with Kraven, but she had heard he was involved in this cannibal business or something. "My advice? Don't get caught."

Eddie: Eddie nodded, "Mmhm.", taking another shot, he finished that too.

Rachel: "Actually, if you want me to be serious... It sucks. Hard," Rachel stated as turned her gaze to the bar, shaking her head, "You'd think it'd feel pretty damn good, but it doesn't. At least I didn't think it did."

Rachel: Taking a breath as she considered the liquid in her glass, she worried her lip for a few moments, searching for words, "When Bobby told me Essex was dead, it felt a bit surreal because I thought I'd feel something. I mean, the guy experimented on me. Twice. But... Nothing. With Nur, I was so angry, and I just wanted him dead so badly. He's gone, and I'm still kinda angry."

Eddie: "And here I thought it was the bad press that got you down....(!)", Eddie glanced at her, "Why? You wanted him dead, now he's dead. What's the problem?"

Rachel: "You've heard Cecilia go on about the Bronx, right? She's not the only one that grew up there, and I'm pretty sure I made far worse decisions than she did... as you probably saw on my criminal record. I had a lot of issues, especially through my first two years at Xavier's, and I worked really fucking hard to get over them to get to where I was in life," Rachel decided that was a good spot to pause for a shot.

Rachel: "Then, I wake up to find out I've lost about a year, been experimented on again, killed someone by accident, and I don't have any of the shit I worked for, the most important thing being my husband," she motioned for another shot, "Killing him didn't do anything. It didn't put my life back together, so I'm back to where I started."

Eddie: Eddie sighed, "So it's about you, not, like, the 'greater good'?", he raised his bottle, "Not saying that to be critical - just....making an observation.", sipping more from it, he let out another long breath, "....it's really that simple, isn't it? To just....erase someone..."

Rachel: "It's fine because it was all about me," Rachel answered, slowly nodding, "Murdering someone else always seems like this unfathomable thing, but it's really that simple."

Eddie: Not having much else to add, Eddie just stared into his next shot. That simple, was it? Destroy everything he was, everything he believed in for the greater good? He finished his shot with a drawn out sigh, shaking his head and looking down at his hand.

Rachel: Rachel pulled her newest glass toward and ordered a beer because that was going to be her last shot. She didn't want to be totally trashed when she got home. After blowing out a breath, she drank her shot and offered, "The hard part is living with yourself afterward, especially knowing you had an opportunity to do the right thing."

Eddie: "So, you....regret it?"

Rachel: While she had a lot of regrets about the entire ordeal, Rachel wasn't incredibly sure murdering Nur was one of them, and she'd told Clarice as much once. After sitting in silence, considering the question, she answered, "Mostly."

Eddie: "Huh.", Eddie answered with a shrug, standing and leaving a few dollar bills on the table, "That's me then. See you around.", he stepped past her, slipping his coat off of the bar and throwing it on.

Rachel: Giving a curt nod, Rachel stared ahead as he left, relatively sure this was supposed to be the part where she made sure he wasn't going off to kill another person and try to stop him if he was, however she didn't make any move other than reaching for the beer that had been placed in front of her. It was his decision to make.