3/30 Instance: Humpty Dumpty

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/30 Instance: Humpty Dumpty

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Getting Ahead of Ourselves

<Jean> "Uuuuuugh." After a while, teking boxes down the hall had gotten old, and Jean was already in a bad mood since her boyfriend had stood her up, so she decided to carry the rest, just so she could have something to bitch about.

<Jean> Struggling along under a pile of her own colorful clothing, she looked rather like a giant laundry basket muttering and weaving down the hall.

<Jessica> Hearing movement in the hallway, Jess opened the door, spider plush in-hand, and poked her head out to see who it was. All she saw was clothes and legs. She raised an eyebrow and had a guess because of the blinding nature of the wardrobe. "Skimp on laundry again, Jean?"

<Jean> Jean jumped, then remembered she was a telepath and knew who it was. There was also the accent and the fact she was walking by Jess' room, of course. "Nooo, I'm moving. It's hard."

<Jessica> "You didn't think you could just... ask for help?" She ventured out to take some of the clothes from the other girl.

<Jean> "I did. I asked Jamie... but he didn't show up." She huffed and happily smiled at Jess once her face was uncovered.

<Jessica> "And there's like fifty other people in the building..." she gave a small roll of her eyes but returned the smile good-naturedly.

<Jean> "Yeah, but there's cops too... so I just decided to do it myself..." Jean wrinkled her nose and shrugged.

<Jessica> Jess blinked at her, "Why are the police here?" She adjusted the weight of the clothes to put the spider plush on top of them as she carried them down the hall.

<Jean> "You, like, haven't heard?" Jean used her teke to open the door to her new room. "I figured you would be one of the first to know since you volunteered to go look for him and stuff."

<Jessica> "I've been at work... no one called me...?" She chewed her lip, "Did they find him?"

<Jean> "Well, parts of him anyway." She flung the clothes onto the bed with a huff.

<Jessica> Jess stared at her, "... Parts?" Oh God. She moved to set the clothes down and sat down too.

<Jean> Jean heard and sensed the change of mood and looked over to her friend. "Oh... yeah... you knew him, didn't you?" She nibbled the edge of her lip and sat down beside her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "Sorry..."

<Jessica> How could this have happened? She glanced at Jean, completely at a loss for words.

<Jean> "Um... guess I should tell you the whole story then?" Jean shrugged and went on. "I guess Cee and one of the teachers found him... um... found his, uh, h-head... on the front steps." She finished the last part in a rush, determined to get it over with.

<Jessica> Jess covered her mouth with her hands. She felt sick. "Oh God..."

<Jean> "Yeah... pretty gross..." Jean sighed. "I mean... that's just unsanitary."

<Jessica> She shook her head, "Why? Why would they do that?"

<Jean> "Um... I heard he had that symbol thing on him... and, like... bite marks... so it was the cannibal people again."

<Jessica> "And send him here? Why? God... they must know..." This was her fault, at least in part.

<Jean> "Know what? We're mutants? Duh, the dead cop in the woods and all the creepy symbols told us that..." Jean shuddered, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. "If I could go home, I would." Except for Jamie now... Jamie. Ugh. Who stood her up!

<Jessica> "This is my home... and I don't feel safe here anymore..."

<Jean> "It's so not safe! I mean, clearly! This dude's head was at the door!! That's not right! That's not cool!"

<Jessica> "I don't have anywhere else to go.... I don't have any family... he was here just the other day and told me..."

<Jean> "He who?" Jean blinked.

<Jessica> "Sebastian Shaw..."

<Jean> "OH! Right." Wait. "He told you that you didn't have any family? How would he know? Or was that like... a sarcastic thing?"

<Jessica> "I asked... well no... he offered to look into it for me..." she ran a hand through her hair, extracting the spider plush from the clothes and holding it in her lap. "When I came here I asked the staff if they could look for me... I didn't know where to start on my own... but it's been a year and no one said anything to me so I thought they forgot..."

<Jean> "Oh... so he found out for you..."

<Jessica> Jess nodded, "He was going to look into something else for me too... I thought at first that maybe... maybe he found something and that's why..."

<Jean> "That's why what?" Jean cocked her head.

<Jessica> "Why he'd been taken!" Jess had reached the limit of her patience with Jean's dumb. "Jesus, Jean! Is it really so hard to follow a conversation for five minutes?!"

<Jean> "OH! Okay, right... sorry... you didn't have to yell..." Jean almost looked hurt, but shook it off fast. "I guess if you asked him to look into the cannibals, that was why he was taken."

<Jessica> She winced, "Yeah... I got that... you don't have to tell me... and it was me, well me and Cassie... we went to see him where he works... worked..."

<Jean> "And then Cassie was with him when he was kidnapped..." Jean made a face, turning her head to rest it on her knees. "Sorry... that all does really suck."

<Jessica> "I don't know what Cassie told the police... but I suppose if she mentioned the visit they'll want to talk to me... or I don't know now... he's not missing anymore..."

<Jean> "No, but he's dead."

<Jessica> "Yeah... but I didn't do that to him...."

<Jean> "Do the cops know that though?"

<Jessica> "Why wouldn't they?" She frowned.

<Jean> "I don't know... cops think everybody is guilty." She shrugged.

<Jessica> "But they might not even know we spoke to them... apparently no one in this place trusts the police..."

<Jean> "Fuck the po-po." Jean nodded. "But I guess that one guy is a mutant and po-po, which... I don't get."

<Jessica> "Why not? I mean... I don't like Eddie because mostly he's an ass but there's nothing wrong with wanting to help out..."

<Jean> "I don't know... I guess... regular people are never going to trust us if they know we're mutants so... why... bother? Maybe?"

<Jessica> "If we act like we have something to hide we deserve not to be trusted."

<Jean> Jean shrugged. "That's why I try not to think about it too much, I guess..."

<Jessica> Jess sighed, "So the police are downstairs right now?" She was going to have to start using doors.

<Jean> "Yeah... or they were. I decided to hide. They sent an ambulance to get... well... him. Even though that's kind of pointless..."

<Jessica> She looked down at the plush spider in her lap. "I think I'll just go back to my room now..."

<Jean> "Okay... thanks for the help." On impulse, Jean unfolded and tackled the other girl for a hug. "I'm sorry I had to tell you your, um, friend is dead."

<Jessica> Jess was taken by surprise and tensed up but managed to pull herself together enough to pat Jean. "It's okay..."

<Jean> "Okay," she repeated, letting go with a nod and tucking her hair behind her ears. "It all sucks."

<Jessica> "Yeah... a lot... don't think even shopping will fix this..."

<Jean> "No? Shopping fixes a lot."

<Jessica> "It does... but not this...." She got to her feet, "I'll see you later..."

<Jean> "Okay. Don't, like, get eaten, okay?" Jean gave her a half-hearted smile and got up to unpack.

<Jessica> "I'd like to see them try." She balled a hand and charged a venom blast, "I'd make sure they got some terrible indigestion."

<Jean> "That's right. Kick their asses, beotch!"

<Jessica> She managed a small smile, letting the charge fade before heading out into the hall and back to her room.

<Jean> Jean's smile fell as well once Jess left and she turned to her boxes. Now, where the hell was Jamie?
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Re: 3/30 Instance: Humpty Dumpty

Post by Esynthia »

Where the hell was Jamie indeeeeeeed. :shifty

Poor Jess. Getting told from a ditz that your buddy's been eaten. >< Hey, at least it wasn't Jamie telling her. That wouldn't end well :toothy