3/29 Instance: Do As I Say (Not As I Do)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

3/29 Instance: Do As I Say (Not As I Do)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[Timeline before Instance: "Getting Ahead of Ourselves"]]

Miles: Miles dragged his right foot and mumbled a groan as he lurched towards Cecilia, who conveniently had her back turned.

Miles: The large bite mark on his arm was a deep, wet wound. His jaw was dabbled in blood, his eyes sunken, and his cheek bones more profound. He hissed and gurgled as he edged closer to her, reaching out to grab her.

Cecilia: Cecilia turned at the sound of some choked off cough and screamed, leaping back at the sight of...Miles. "Oh my God!" She cried, taking in the injuries on his body. "Jesus Christ, Miles. Here!" She took off her hoodie and began to tear it into strips, pressing the fabric onto the wounds. "What happened?!" She demanded.

Miles: He stopped and stared at her, confused. "I'm a zombie? Obviously? What're you doing, you're ruining the make-up!?"

Cecilia: Cecilia grit her teeth and told herself that belting him in the face was not the answer to this. Not at all. "MILES!" Cecilia screamed. "You're a fucking moron, you know that?!"

Cecilia: She turned away so he wouldn't see her sudden tears. "A fucking moron..." she muttered.

Miles: "What, it's the Zombie-Walk for Breast Cancer! I thought y-... Whoa, are you okay?" He pulled at her shoulder to get her to turn around.

Cecilia: "I'm fine!" Cecilia said, scrubbing her eyes. "...That is a disgusting way to raise money for cancer..." she said, sniffing suspiciously.

Miles: "Why're you crying? You really thought I got bitten by zombies?" He started laughing. "What're you so upset about, it's not like pe-" then it dawned on him. "Oh... right the cannibals. I missed that when I was gone."

Miles: He tried to turn her around again. "Hey, talk to me. Why're you so upset?"

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed hysterically, throwing up her arms. "That I've seen almost every cannibalized body since this whole thing started? That I made friends with a guy who was a serial killer and led him straight to the X-Men? That I'm probably responsible for leading other mutants to him at the rally?"

Miles: Miles froze. "Oh."

Cecilia: "That I didn't figure it out sooner? That I let a mutant woman go to her death? That I have PTSD? That my father was murdered? Take your pick!" She laughed even more, sitting down hard. "Fuck me..."

Miles: "Cecilia... the other day I flew off the handle with you and I apologize. I think I was more upset about what I had done more than anything and I wanted you to be upset at me too. When you weren't, I got confused. To be honest, I'm glad I have your support. I'm sorry I scared you just now too... Can I do something to make it up to you?"

Cecilia: "...Don't scare me again for starters," Cecilia said roughly. She waved a hand dismissively. "It's fine...I...actually did the same thing a little while ago with Fabian and Mayday...so maybe it runs in the family."

Cecilia: She sniffed and eyed the false wounds. "...That's good make-up if it fooled me. Very good...you did that yourself?"

Miles: "Nah, I asked Rachel for some help and I got the rest done with this weird Curt guy. He is good at replicating wounds. He seems sad lately though. I figured he'd like a project."

Cecilia: "His girlfriend is my roommate, she's in Ireland now with my other roommate…it's a pretty sweet deal!" She laughed. "Got the whole place to myself."

Cecilia: She hesitated. "...I asked Rachel for telepathic defense lessons...when we get the call I'm going after Quent...Imma settle this."

Miles: "You sure you wanna do that? It could get tricky. I ... I'm not sure I'm cool with you going off and doing that." He said, a distinct tone of worry in his voice.

Cecilia: "...If you thought I was asking permission you'd be terribly mistaken," Cecilia remarked, raising an eyebrow. "I don't need a father, Miles. I had one and he's dead...this is something I have to do not something I wanna do."

Miles: "... Then you're not doing it alone." he said sternly. "I'll ask Rachel to show me too."

Cecilia: Cecilia sighed. "Have you ever been on a mission, Miles?"

Miles: "Yes!" He said, offended she had to ask. "Quite a few, actually." Three.

Miles: "Doesn't matter, you're my cousin! I don't want you going in alone, or at least not without me! No one is going to have your back like I will."

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned. "...I'm not gonna die, Miles. Or at least, I have no intention to...and what about Fabian or Mayday or JP or Laura? Don't they have it too?"

Miles: "I don't care, Cecilia! You're my family! La familia, if nothing else, no?" He crossed his arms. "Forget it. You can't talk me out of this. I'm coming. I love you, I'm not losing you."

Cecilia: "...That is right, Miles." Cecilia admitted. "...But you can't go into the field without experience! Not like...you could be hurt or killed! I have powers that stop me from taking bullets and knives-you don't!"

Miles: "I have spider-sense! Damn girl, ain't you seen these moves yet? And I have had experience! Psh," he made a spray of latino-curses under his breath. "You don't know nothin'. My strength? My webbing? I got 'dis."

Cecilia: "I've trained extensively. I've learned martial arts from Jess, fencing from Fabian, more basic self-defense from the team and been on multiple missions and even I find it hard!" She sighed. "God...Miles, please."

Miles: "Cecilia, I'm Miles Morales!" He whacked his chest like a gorilla. "I got 'dis!" He said in a high-pitch. "I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me. Let me help you, please!"

Cecilia: "If you wanna help me then stay where you are!" Cecilia exclaimed, taking his shoulders. "Please. I...when I'm out there I need to be focused on the task at hand. When I'm worrying about you...that doesn't really work."

Cecilia: "I have to be my best!" Cecilia said. "I have to be! This is gonna take everything I got and God knows if something happened to you 'cause you were trying to help me...I'd never forgive myself!"

Miles: "Two things will prevent me from going with you. Death. And the bird-flu." He nodded sagely. "Indeed, that is it."

Cecilia: Cecilia wondered if she could somehow infect him with a common cold and trick him into...well, now she was just thinking crazy. "...What about your girlfriend?"

Miles: "She's not my girlfriend." He said flatly. "I'm going, Cecilia, you're gonna have to deal with it."

Cecilia: "...You slept with her though," Cecilia said, confused. "Unless you actually did photoshop that picture..." she teased.

Miles: "Nope... one-time deal. I immediately regretted it. Especially when I found out my computer had been hacked while I was out asleep..." He frowned. "She was still working for my Uncle I think. I just didn't want to believe that."

Miles: His eyes fell to the ground. "I'm an idiot."

Cecilia: Cecilia facepalmed. "Fuck...I'm sorry, Miles. No, you're...you're not an idiot...you're just...very trusting..." she sighed "...it's not wrong to want to trust someone or think you can...that's a mistake a lot of people make."

Miles: "Well, I don't think it's a mistake to trust me... why can't you trust me to have your back? Do you really think that factors into my decision making, getting hurt? Because if taking a hit for you gets my cousin out alive, that's fine."

Cecilia: She sighed. "Do me a favour then? If you choose to come out in the field when we go to kick Quent's ass...do me just one favour?"

Miles: "... Fine. What?"

Cecilia: "Ask one of the teachers to evaluate you. Or one of the field leaders, see if you're up to par?" Cecilia said, hoping to Christ he'd actually listen. "They'll know better than either of us if you're ready and if you're not...well, they'll be able to help with that."

Miles: "Fine." Gonna go to the one teacher who I know could care less... "I'll do that."

Miles: "And I'll blow their minds. And yours." He flashed a winning grin.

Cecilia: Cecilia frowned. "It can't be Paige..."

Cecilia: She laughed at that. "We'll see Spiderman. Until then I'd appreciate you worrying a little less about me. My powers are actually very reliable most of the time. I've survived a lot of shit since coming here. Nobody ever needs to take a hit with me around either."

Miles: "Well then, sounds like we're the perfect team, huh?" He said with a wink. "Alright, I'm off to the Zombie Walk. I'll catch ya later, cuz!" He shot up, dashing for the door. "Oh, hey mail." he pulled it out of the box and tossed it to her. "There ya go."

Cecilia: Cecilia grabbed the package mid-air. "Thanks! I catch you later!" She looked over the mail. One for Pym, one for Mayday and one for her. "Sweet..." she laughed. It was from her brother. Nothing better than army presents, she thought.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS