3/29 Instance: Good To Be Back

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

3/29 Instance: Good To Be Back

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[Timeline: before Instance: Getting Ahead of Ourselves]

Miles: Miles crashed into Jess, tackling her and embracing her in a tight hug. "Jess, I'm baaaaaaack!"

Jessica: Jess flailed a little and was less than a second away from venomblasting her attacker when she realized she recognized the voice. "Miles!" She returned the hug, "Where the hell have you been?"

Miles: "Getting things straight with my parents. Working out the legalities of the Thieve's Guild bust..." He frowned. "Not too happy about it."

Jessica: "Thieves' Guild?" She raised an eyebrow, "Okay. Food. Tea. Talk. Catch me up." She tugged his sleeve to get him walking.

Miles: "You know? Thieve's Guild? The thing my Uncle was heading? The thing I got pulled into?"

Jessica: She shook her head, "I don't know whether you noticed but I was kind of gone for a while and before that you were pretty clear about me leaving you and your uncle the hell alone... kind of hurt actually."

Miles: "I know, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better you were completely right. I was helping them hack into the school so they could steal everyone's money." He shrugged. "Not a big deal."

Jessica: Jess blinked. "Not a big deal!? Miles... that's... that's awful..."

Miles: "I was setting them up! They were blackmailing me, threatening to beat and murder my parents. And friends. He threatened you. So I set them up. Rachel found out, quashed the plan (mentally beat up my dirtbag Uncle) and then I found two of them in the woods."

Miles: "Beat them up and went back to my parents for a month. Legally I'm not connected to the case at all now thanks to Rachel and I owe Xavier a lot of community work hours. Also, we never found Doop so if you see a green goopy guy stealing peeks at naked girls on campus? Call the Feds, he's wanted."

Jessica: "Will do..." she shook her head, running a hand through her hair, "So you're okay?"

Miles: "For now. Got a job at Wonder labs. Also, some of the money did get taken, Rand Industries gave a 'generous donation' to make up for the funds lost to the Xavier Institute apparently." He shrugged. "Whatevs."

Miles: "So... things are working out."

Jessica: "Is everyone going to end up working there?" She moved into the kitchen, going straight for the kettle. "I hope that's the end of it now..."

Miles: "It should be. Well, there's also this..." he pulled a necklace out of his pocket. It had a locket dangling from the chain. "I don't know whose this is, but I figured I'd start asking around. When they categorized everything it didn't come up in missing reports, I figure it's from the school. I can't get it open though."

Jessica: She held a hand out for it to take a look. "You'd think someone would notice..."

Miles: "You'd think. I dunno, I googled it, figured I'd ask around before I crack it open myself." He gave a small shrug and let her take it.

Jessica: She turned it over in her hands, "You googled a locket? Dread to think how many results you got out of that."

Miles: "Yeah, quite a few. I'm afraid to break it... but I'm super curious as to what's in it."

Jessica: "And you don't know whose it is?" she inspected it as she talked, "Are you sure it does open?"

Miles: "It's a locket, of course it opens." He grumbled as he fidgeted with it again.

Jessica: "It might not be a locket, could just be designed to look like one... they were fashionable for a while..."

Miles: "That's stupid." He argued. "Who does that?"

Jessica: "I don't know... fashion is a funny thing...."

Miles: "Whatever... you can figure it out." He gave it back to her. "I'm done with it. Okay, so now that I'm back, wanna go out and get coffee tomorrow? 11-ish?"

Jessica: "Um... okay..." she took it back and slipped it into her pocket. "Miles, I don't drink coffee..."

Miles: "That's right, tea. You wanna go get tea?"

Jessica: She smiled, "That'd be nice." She chewed her lip, "Are you sure about me keeping this?"

Miles: He shrugged. "What the hell am I gonna do with it? When you find out how to open it, let me know. Maybe we can give it to its rightful owner."

Jessica: She nodded, "Okay... I'll see if any of the folks at work know how to open it..."
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS