3/31 Instance: Stress Relief

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Stress Relief

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after What Now (Part Deux)

<@Cecilia> Cecilia took one look at the lunch McCoy had set in front of her and nearly gagged. Meatloaf, there was meatloaf. Covering her mouth Cecilia took the tray and set it aside. She wasn't eating this, not so soon...

<@Cecilia> She eyed the green jello on the tray...then picked that up and the grape juice and the small salad. Digging into the jello first, playing with it a little with her spoon. Something about jello always amused her.

<Fabian> Fabian eased into the seat beside her, eyeing the food and scratching absently at his arm. His own bite hadn't been all that serious but there were a few stitches. "So how bad did I make your bite?"

<@Cecilia> "Bites," Cecilia corrected, indicating the right side of her neck, ear and scalp. "That fucker tried to buffet on me. Nine stitches in total...so not bad, actually."

<@Cecilia> She jiggled the jello. "How's your arm? That bitch that bit you get what was coming to her?"

<Fabian> "Burned, shattered kneecap, and arrested for murder and cannibalism, I'd say that covers things." He held out her arm for her to inspect. "I believe you'll be satisfied with McCoy's work, however." He carefully looked over her own bites, frowning as he did so.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia ran her fingers down his arm lightly, not really looking at the stitches so much as the musculature. "Damn, Fab. You really fucked her up. Good for you. Mine's got chunks of his back missing...I didn't get to kick his ass though, Mel slammed him into a wall before I got the chance."

<@Cecilia> She smirked grimly. "I got a couple of them good though."

<Fabian> "But at least they all are in jail, now. We'll find the others." Kraven, Rott, Quire. Quire should have been there but somehow he slipped away, who knows how.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "...I'm sorry I didn't come over to your bed and see you. I was sorta...out of it after the dozen or so shots for the bites...and then I got a fucking scare from Pym and just asked McCoy for a shot after that." She sighed. "I needed to check out for awhile."

<Fabian> "A scare from Pym? What did he do? If he decided to shrink and play a game of climb every mountain I'm going to have to step on him."

<@Cecilia> "No," Cecilia snorted. "As if I'd ever let him do that!...Though now that you mention it? I think he thought I was propositioning him or something...weirdo."

<Fabian> Fabian frowned at that, quirking an eyebrow up. He was going to have to keep an eye out on the little thing. "Who knows." He rolled his eyes. "So what's going on?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia chuckled a little at Fabian's face. "Don't be jealous, mi amor! Like I'm interested at all!" She rolled her eyes at the thought of that. "He came down here a few hours after mission to tell me my cousin was 'missing.'" She shook her head. "False alarm but still...it just pushed me over the damn edge."

<Fabian> "Where's Miles ran off to then?" He asked, eyebrow still quirked up. "And I'll try not to be but apparently someone needs a clue if they think that's a possibility."

<@Cecilia> "The city for awhile," Cecilia remarked sighing. "Anyway it doesn't matter, the point is it was just the cherry on top of my shit sundae." She jabbed her spoon into the jello, leaving it submerged and wrapped an arm around him. "People can dream..." she smirked.

<Fabian> "People should have realistic goals for dreams if they can, however." Fabian gave her a smirk, preening somewhat. "So he literally went out? While not the brightest idea in the world hardly cause for alarm." He snaked his good arm around her, sighing happily and leaning against her. "So how are you?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed. "Went out, didn't answer his fucking cell phone and in the process had Jess and Pym out searching for him." She shook her head. "Their bad there, but still...I can't be too angry since it was actually a family emergency but Christ.."

<Fabian> "Maybe one day the good sense of your side of the family will rub off." Fabian grinned wider, stealing a kiss. "It's passed at least. Do you need to help with arrangements or anything?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia shook her head. "No, I think they got it covered...and if they don't I'm not stepping in to help. Quite frankly? I can't."

<@Cecilia> "I lost an entire afternoon after I found Shaw's head," Cecilia said, looking away. "I can't remember the interview with the police. I've thrown up three times this fucking week...I've been having flashbacks and night terrors. I can't sleep, I'm on edge constantly, lose my temper at the smallest provocation..."

<@Cecilia> She threw her spoon down. "I can barely help myself let alone anyone else."

<Fabian> Fabian just reached up and carefully threaded his fingers through her hair. "It's been a bad week." He admitted. "It's been a bad week but things happen, there will be good weeks again."

<@Cecilia> "Obviously," Cecilia said, leaning into the scalp massage a little. "I have been happy since my father died...it just took awhile." She smiled a little. "Y'know, when you were on acid you kept petting my hair and calling it 'a million springs.' Even wanted to brush it," she laughed.

<Fabian> "...can I brush it? Well, when you don't have stitches near it? Don't want to hurt you." Fabian smiled, playing with one of the springy bits. "And it is a million springs, love it."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia just gave him a funny look. "You wanna brush my hair?" She laughed and coloured a little, genuinely amused at this. "The stitches are on the right side of my scalp...as long as you're careful I don't see why not. I gotta few things down here, if you wanna do it now."

<@Cecilia> She stood up, pushed back from the small table and went over to her bed, sitting on it and taking a small brush out of her backpack, lifting it up.

<Fabian> Fabian sat up, taking the brush and sitting cross-legged so he could reach her hair better and got to work, hoping it would at least be somewhat soothing. "How's that?" He asked, carefully picking for fear of bite marks and knots.

<@Cecilia> "It's...really nice," she said, smiling to herself. Privately thinking this did not match up at all with the Fabian other people seemed to have in their heads and the one she'd seen quite a few times. Where was the ladykiller now?!

<@Cecilia> He didn't try to start at the roots and yank down either, he actually did this properly. "It's a bit of a rat's nest. I thought about a weave for awhile but..." she shrugged. "You're being pretty sweet. Are you trying to butter me up for something?" Cecilia teased, genuinely interested.

<Fabian> "No, you're stressed out and you've reason to be. I like to help with that...now if you're good for that kind of stress relief then I'm of the opinion we should get the heck out of the medlab and get to that." He smirked at her, wraggling an eyebrow.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed at that, leaning back and resting her head on his shoulder. "I am...and you are helping. You've done so much for me recently..." she sighed. "You saved my life, y'know. It's not the first time either."

<@Cecilia> "If I had left... it might've been me instead of Cassandra on that table," she said tightly, her throat closing up. "I know you don't really like me calling you a hero. I realize it's a fucking stupid nickname...but it's the truth. You are my hero, you've been a hero here. Maybe not in a way others appreciate but..." she shrugged. "It's meant all the difference to me."

<Fabian> "...I may be warming to the nickname." Fabian admitted, smirking a bit as he laid the brush down for a minute. "And I like that you can see me that way even if a lot of the time I find it a bit far-fetched. I like to think we do the things the other person would do for us, yes?"

<Fabian> "So as long as you appreciate it I think I'm doing decently enough." He leaned his head against hers now, settling back and letting a sigh out.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia hummed happily. "I would do the same for you. I think you know that though," she smiled, relaxing into the hold. "I do appreciate...I never appreciated it more than when I saw Cassandra, believe me."

<@Cecilia> She inhaled sharply. "I see her in my dreams. She sits up...on the table and she talks to me... and she cries..." Cecilia shuddered. "I know it's sick and that she's dead...but I just...it still wakes me every-time."

<Fabian> "I'd be a bit more worried if things like this didn't have that kind of effect. I mean, you saw what happens to me when I'm going through shit and sleeping at the same time." Fabian shrugged. "I don't think it's sick, I think it's just what happens."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia sighed and closed her eyes. "I worry I'm gonna go insane. Or worse, that I'm just being a pussy and it's really not that bad or that I should be used to it."

<@Cecilia> She looked up at Fabian. "You're alright, right? You're not gonna be sleepwalking now 'cause you're not telling me, right? I apologize in advance, but if I stay over again I can't promise I won't wake up a lot," she warned.

<Fabian> "I'm okay." Fabian assured her. "Though if you go insane I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be. We're not going to let each other go insane, yeah?" He held on a little bit tighter. "And you waking up hasn't ever bothered me before, it's not going to start to now."

<@Cecilia> "As long as you're alright with it," Cecilia said. "I don't wanna bother you 'cause after this? I'm gonna basically move in." She hummed again at the hug. "No, we won't. We can't. Well, we might be a bit fucked up sometimes, that's understandable, but we won't lose ourselves." She smiled up at Fabian. "Congrats. You're my grip."

<@Cecilia> "...I'm not gonna do anything stupid, Fab." She assured him. "I won't go running off...I'm not gonna leave you. You're not gonna end up like Hope and Jean. I promise."

<Fabian> "I like to think I'm the smarter and prettier ginger in that club anyway." Fabian smirked a little bit as he decided he'd just climb on into bed with her. "Hope and Jean aren't going to end up like they are now either. Jamie and Johnny are somewhere."

<Fabian> "I can be your grip, just as long as you know what kind of a pain in the ass that might be."

<@Cecilia> "...I hope not," Cecilia said dubiously. She moved over a little to let Fabian climb onto the bed with her. "And I have to agree with you there but I'm probably biased."

<@Cecilia> She raised an eyebrow at him. "Really. I had no idea, Fab. This entire ride has been one shock after another. I really had no clue that you're painfully blunt and overly honest and bossy and ridiculously rational and dress like an American tourist. It's all been one big surprise."

<@Cecilia> She tried to hold back the snigger but it was impossible.

<Fabian> "...I do not dress like an American tourist. They couldn't afford half of my wardrobe for one."

<@Cecilia> Cecilia clicked her tongue and laughed, hugging him. "The point is while I might struggle with you sometimes, I can listen to reason and I can come around...slowly. Once I actually stop thinking about the delivery of what was said and start looking at the big picture."

<Fabian> "I'm glad to hear that." Fabian said truthfully, returning the hug. "So, are you stuck down here or can we head on upstairs?"

<@Cecilia> "I can leave today," Cecilia said. "McCoy just wanted to be sure the cuts didn't get worse and I didn't lose my shit somewhere alone." She grinned at him. "You gonna keep brushing my hair up there? Or are we moving onto more aggressive stress relief?"

<Fabian> "Do you have a preference?" Fabian asked, smirking and giving a quick eyebrow wraggle.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia laughed the eyebrow waggle. "I got the afternoon. Why can't I have both?"

<Fabian> "I love the way you think." He stood up, offering his hand. "So your place or mine?"

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled. "Doesn't matter now, remember? I got my stuff at your place." She thought a moment. "Let's just cut down travel time and go to your place. It's not like I'm gonna be somewhere else every night. Let's not fool ourselves here."

<Fabian> "I still get to put some of my stuff in your room though, right?" Fabian asked, grinning as he led her off.

<@Cecilia> Cecilia smiled shyly as she was led out of the medlab by the hand. "...I don't see why there should be a double standard...my bed's your bed, Fab. Stay whenever you want."