3/31 Instance: Mayday Parker and the Infinite Sadness

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Mayday Parker and the Infinite Sadness

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Fabian> The goodness of bacon was almost tainted for Fabian but he was eating his sandwich nevertheless. He would not let simple pleasures be taken away from him even for a little while because he didn't want to think about charred flesh.

<Fabian> He sat at the kitchen bar, sipping his coffee and trying to sort his thoughts. Today was a new day, time to leave things behind and move on with what needed to be done. He just needed to sort his thoughts with coffee and bacon first.

<@Mayday> "O-oh...Fabian." Mayday forced a smile, waving at him, "Heh...check it out, they already fixed the patio, huh?" she pointed over to it, "It's like....none of it happened." she muttered, looking at the clearly new coffee table, "....wish it....never did."

<Fabian> "What was the deal with the patio anyway? I think I must've been downstairs with Cee." Fabian frowned, looking over to Mayday as he waved her on over. "How are you doing?"

<@Mayday> Mayday moved into the room, "Word is Eddie. H-he and Rachel...." she shrugged, "I-I'm not so....w-was he close to Cassie? L-like...close close?"

<Fabian> "I've no idea but he definitely went off about what happened more than I had anticipated." He admitted. "So...they fought it out or something? I guess tensions are high but I'd think people'd be more worried about finishing the hunt than going kicking one another."

<@Mayday> "I-I don't know..." Mayday sighed, taking a seat across from Fabian, "...man, first Sue gets all distant, then her brother goes missing, then..." with a longer sigh, she sunk down onto the table, conking her head on it, "God, Fabian....what the hell is this crap...."

<Fabian> "Is Sue still weird? I mean, besides Johnny stuff?" Fabian frowned, shaking his head as he didn't really have an answer for Mayday either. "It's...well, it's just crap. It's a part of the world."

<@Mayday> Still with her head down, Mayday shrugged, "She's been so distant. Hardly anyone sees her anymore, and then this..." she looked up, "Oh, and also? My power's fucking up. So this is easilly shaping up to be a crappy week..."

<Fabian> "What's happening with your powers?" Fabian asked as he moved around the bar to sit with her properly, frowning deeper and really, really hoping she wasn't aboout to burst into Spiday any moment now.

<@Mayday> Mayday raised her wrist, "I can't shot web with my right arm for some reason...." she raised her left, releasing a random spray, "See? Left's fine, I-I don't get it!"

<Fabian> "Should I try giving you a little boost or should we just leave that to McCoy and Summers possibly?" That just seemed weird but Fabian didn't know what to say about it. "Any chance of pulling her out? I mean, her brother's missing so I can understand wanting to hide a bit but still."

<@Mayday> "To be honest, I...." Mayday sighed again, "Fabian, I don't know...she stopped making any effort with us, you know? And after all this I just feel....hollow. Y-you know? I feel like I lost my humanity...like I'm just....a ghost..." she frowned, looking down at her hand, "...I-I don't know if I can do this."

<Fabian> "...then stop doing it."

<@Mayday> Letting out a short gasp, Mayday blinked, slowly returning her gaze to Fabian, "...y-y-...." this was unlike him. Had so much changed because of this? She felt her heartbreak all over again, "....I j-..."

<Fabian> Fabian frowned, looking up at her. "If you can't be in a relationship with her anymore I'd stop doing it. If it's not making you happy then maybe it's time to stop."

<@Mayday> Mayday gulped, "....i-it's....I just...." she looked away, "...I don't think I can do any of this anymore..." she confessed, "...I c-can't...y-you....might be right....oh, God, why is this....?"

<Fabian> "...any of this what?" Fabian asked, now pretty sure they were talking about different things.

<@Mayday> "I'm scared." she confessed, "A-and...I just found my Dad, I'm losing my powers..." her shoulders fell, "...Fabian, I...don't know if I can stay here anymore."

<Fabian> "Everyone's scared. How is leaving going to help that? I thought meeting yoru dad went well though." Fabian was just confused, not seeing the reasoning in half the things she was tossing out.

<@Mayday> She turned to him, "What if it's a sign? I-I have a chance at a life, I don't have to be the Spider-Girl! I'm no hero, Fabian! This isn't just a game!" she held her head in her hands, "Cassie thought she could....s-she was just a kid and she followed us into the fight! T-this is real life and I can't bear this!"

<Fabian> "There are no such things as signs, Mayday." Signs, curses, what else did people have to throw out that made no actual sense in life?

<Fabian> "Just answer me a few questions, okay?"

<@Mayday> "....y-yeah. O-ok." Mayday nodded, "S-shoot."

<Fabian> "What do you want to do with your life?"

<@Mayday> Mayday paused, longer than she'd intented to, "....I don't know anymore." she whispered.

<Fabian> "Then that's what you need to work out, isn't it?" Fabian sighed. "Nothing else is much going to help until you've at least got an inkling of an answer. Don't let yourself be scared, though. I mean, you can be scared, but don't let that make your decisions."

<Fabian> "Everyone's scared, after all."

<@Mayday> "E-even you?" she asked.

<Fabian> "Mayday, think about how I came here, of course I was scared I was literally walking into the lion's den. My power only works on mutants so any time I'm going up against a human I've no advantage other than training so fi they're equally trained I can very well be boned."

<@Mayday> Her eyes fell again, "...i-if I left...would you hate me?"

<Fabian> "Why would I and why would it matter if I do?"

<@Mayday> Not making another sound, Mayday just nodded, "...'k."

<Fabian> "Whatever decision you've got to make you're going to be making it for yourself. You can't make it for other people because that'll get you into shit you don't really want to be in."

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded, smiling wryly, "Funny....I feel like Cassie would have said that, too." she looked back up at Fabian, "...t-thanks."

<Fabian> "Hey, glad I could actually help. Even if I did't give you anything. I'll give some advice though, don't be too quick on taking off. I've though about leaving here many a time but I always reasoned myself out of it. Just make sure you've thought things through one way or the ohter."

<@Mayday> "I-I promise I will." Mayday nodded, "You've always been there for me, huh?" she smiled shyly, "I never forgot that day we rented a bouncy castle for, like, no reason."

<Fabian> "And we should do many other things like that. I like to think such things are one of the things that make life worth living." he chuckled. reaching over and ruffling her hair. "So how do you feel now?"

<@Mayday> Smiling a little more, Mayday gulped, "Weak, Fabian." she said honestly, "I feel hollow...but a little better." she leaned closer to him, cosying into his chest, "Thanks, you massive jerk."

<Fabian> "Even lesbians talk about my size?"

<@Mayday> Looking up at him, Mayday suddenly burst out in laughter, "Well, you know I love tiny things!" she hit his chest playfully, leaning up and putting a little kiss on his cheek, "You're an asshole, but I'm so, so glad for it..."

<Fabian> Fabian just laughed and left a kiss on the top of her head. "Everyone likes a good asshole. You just let me know if I can do anything else."

<@Mayday> Mayday moved back, humming for a moment, "Tell you what, how about you make me a sandwich, eh?" she patted her stomach, "I could totally go for a sandwich..."

<Fabian> "Sandwich is a good choice, it's almost the only thing I can make without it being an ordeal." Fabian just snorted as he got up.

<Fabian> "Bacon okay with you?"

<@Mayday> Nodding, Mayday let out another sigh, looking outside onto the school grounds and letting her mind wander again. Maybe it would be ok. Somehow...

<@Mayday> ...Cassandra would have believed that.