3/31 Instance: Little Talks

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Little Talks

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before Required Reading'[/url]

<Mayday> "So!" Mayday announced triumphantly, spinning around, "Thiiiis is the rec-room. Cosy little place where most come to rest after studying..." she gestured around, "Games consoles, comfy chairs, T.V, I beliiiiieve the table over there folds into a pool table." she glanced back at the new girl, "Don't quote me on that..."

<Janet> Janet looked around pretty impressed by all of the rooms and such in this place. Better than a shitty community college that was for certain. "Don't worry I won't." she laughed, kind of liking how quirky this girl was. "So do a lot of people come here to just hang out?"

<Mayday> "Not always - we have a games room on the first basement level, an A.V room, which I use to practice with my band..." Mayday used her fingers to count off a few things, "We have a basketball court on the grounds, a pool - which sucks in the cold - the library..." she blushed a little, giggling to herself.

<Mayday> "I'm sorry." she grinned, red cheeked, "I tend to ramble a li'l bit..."

<@Janet> Her eyes widened. "My God, I don't think I've ever been in a place with so many things to do..." she said honestly - mostly back home she spent time testing her powers, working, or reading...nothing too exciting when you could barely afford your apartment let alone cable. "Don't worry, I do to.. It's endearing." She smiled, and cute...it was cute too.

<Mayday> "Aww, stop iiiiiit!" Mayday giggled some more, covering her face with her sleeve, "You're too sweet." she sighed, scratching her head, "A-anyway, is there anything you really wanna see first? What kind of things do you like to do?"

<@Janet> She blushed as well from the sheer cuteness of the girl in front of her. "Well I'm glad you think so. I've been told many times I am abrasive and hard to handle." she laughed. "But um, well what would you recommend. I'm still kind of in shock."

<Mayday> "You're great! Really!" the redhead smiled, putting a finger to her forehead and turning to pace the room. "Eeeerm...let's see...I'm personally into bad sci-fi, MMORPGs, comics and cosplay making." pausing, she turned to face Janet again. "Anything there you like?"

<@Janet> "Comics? I love comics." She nodded. she'd been a bit of a comic book geek in her early years. "Cosplay? So, like, costumes?" She asked curiously.

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah, I make all kinds. I have an SG1 jumpsuit, a Corpse Bride dress...I-I'm actually making some N7 Armor - like in Mass Effect?" she sighed, shaking her head, "Sorry, I get kinda excited when people are into the same things as me."

<Janet_> "Ahh Corpse Bride.. and Mass Effect is awesome. Wish i had more of a chance to play it. My parents didn't really think Video Games and comic books were a good use of my time." She shrugged. "Keeping them happy was the best option."

<Mayday> Frowning a little, Mayday pouted, "Really? That sucks..." she glanced over at the X-Box, "...y-you know, if you wanted, we could set you up with it? You can give it a go?"

<Janet_> "Maybe later. Mind if we talk a bit first? I haven't really had a chance to get to know anyone and it feels kind of weird to be surrounded by practically strangers.. Maybe you could tell me about this place? About you?" She asked, wanting to connect to someone so maybe this would start feeling like home...

<Mayday> The words initially made Mayday blush, "O-oh?" she considered them, laughing a little at herself, "Ooooh, y-yeah, sure!" she wandered over to the couch and sat down, crossing her legs and laying back, "Sit?" she asked, patting the sofa beside her.

<Janet> Janet did as asked and sat next to the girl. She was probably one of the most adorable people she'd ever met. "I didn't mean to embarrass you. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want." She said

<Mayday> "No! It's not that at all, really!" Mayday insisted, waving a hand to dismiss the thought, "I know what it's like to be lonely, especially when I first arrived here..." she clasped her hands together in her lap, "W-what do you wanna know about me then?" she smiled.

<Janet> "Well anything I suppose.. maybe about when you first arrived? Or before you did?" She suggested leaning back against the couch.

<Mayday> Mayday hummed, "I er...I-I used to get bullied a lot back at E.S.U..." she admitted with a dry laugh, "Let's see....I used to have a boyfriend, that was a couple of months before I started working at the zoo..."

<Janet> "I got bullied too.. but I kicked more ass than I let people kick mine.." she shrugged.. The zoo? That sounded like a fun place to work. "You worked at a zoo?"

<Mayday> "You seem like you can handle yourself better than I could..." Mayday admitted with a little smile, "And yeah, I worked at the Clinton Memorial Zoo. I helped with the spiders, I ah...I-I really love them." she scratched her head shyly, "Actually, that was about when I manifest my power..."

<Janet> "Oh wow.. That sounds like a great job. Working with spiders sounds interesting." She smiled, she remembered when she was little playing with all sorts of insects and arachnids, making them houses in the garden. "So what type of powers do you have?" She asked

<Mayday> With a bigger smile, Mayday raised a hand, aiming her wrist at the ceiling and releasing a silvery flash of webbing, "Can you keep a secret?" she giggled, leaning closer to Janet, "I'm the Spider-Girl..."

<Janet> Her eyes widened in interest. "That is so cool!" She whispered. The girl sitting in front of her was the Spider-Girl! Oh, staying here was going to be very interesting. "Well I feel foolish in comparison." She joked.

<Mayday> "Aww, why?" shaking her head, Mayday gave Janet a little nudge, "You're not 'foolish' at all!"

<Janet> "I'm kidding. But my powers in comparison to the Spider Girl. Damn near pathetic." She laughed and nudged her back, feeling like perhaps she was making a friend. It was interesting to remember what having a friend felt like, she had isolated herself once school had ended. "So what else can you divulge about you?" She teased

<Mayday> Mayday giggled, "Weeeelll, er...." she twiddled her fingers together, "Well, I'm gay. I'm dating a girl here, Susan Storm." she raised her hand to count off a few things, "Also, I work at a comic store; Big Time Comics."

<Janet> So the girl was a lesbian too.. Damn she had a girlfriend, that was unfortunate. She was really cute and rather sweet. "I suppose we have that in common then." She laughed. "Big time comics huh? That's an awesome place. They have everything."

<Mayday> "What you're...?" Mayday nodded, "Ooooh, great! That's awesome! That we're both...you know..." she sighed, shaking her head, "Sorry, until now, I was the only girl who was save for Sue..." she scratched her head again, "Sue's erm....she doesn't really do social....s-so I'm usually....you know, just on my own."

<Janet> She laughed softly. "Yeah I'm... But don't worry I haven't met many others either so it is nice to know there is someone you can relate to." She nodded "Well, you don't have to be now. I'll hang out with you. It will be nice to have a friend for once."

<Mayday> "I'd love that!" Mayday nodded, laughing a little, "Gosh, this is so great!" she clapped, "Ok! Ok, tell me about you!"

<Janet> "Okay well I'm eighteen, I used to live in New Jersey but I moved to New York after graduating High School cause my Mom couldn't really handle the fact I was a lesbian." She said with a roll of her eyes. "Been working a dead end job all year and doing community college work to try and maybe get a degree...but now I'm here. And I think things kind of feel, right now you know?" She laughed feeling stupid.

<@Mayday> Mayday smiled gently, "You know, I kinda do." she agreed, "I never really fit in anywhere, but when I came here...well, it's been hard, but what I love is that somehow, we always find a way to work things out."

<Janet> "I haven't even been here long and I feel that. I was a pretty violent kid in high school cause I felt that while I knew there were other people like me. It felt like they didn't exist. So I was lonely and scared that I would never have anyone to relate to. " She shrugged. "Sounds stupid probably.."

<@Mayday> "....it's like we're the same person." Mayday snorted, putting a hand on Janet's shoulder, "Hey, I promise you that no matter what, I'll always be here, 'k? If you need aaaanything, just come ask your 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Girl', ah? Aah?" she shook the other girl a little.

<@Mayday> "People like us don't have to be alone." she said softly, "That's what XU is."

<Janet> Janet couldn't help it but she laughed so hard she snorted at the other girl's comment. "I will definitely ask my 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Girl'." She smirked and nudged her. "Good. It feels nice to feel surrounded, and actually like it."

<@Mayday> Mayday nodded again, "I know, right!? It's fucking weird, huh?" she laughed, leaning back in the sofa, "Sooooo, d'you fancy more riveting conversation? Or are you about ready to experience the magic that is 'Mass Effect'?"

<@Mayday> She raised a finger, "Or, as a limited time offer, I will offer BOTH! With free Iced Coffee."

<Janet> "I think I will take the third offer my dear because iced coffee sounds the bomb. And I'm ready to be miserably beaten in mass effect." She laughed and stood up stretching her back out.

<@Mayday> Hopping to her feet, Mayday stretched to, "Bitchin'! To the kitchen!" she sniggered, "Heh, check it out! I totally rhymed!"

<Janet> Janet snorted again with laughter and followed the girl down the hallway watching her hair bounce as she walked, and couldn't help but wish the girl's girlfriend did not exist. However, being friends with her was just as good. Especially if the afternoon to come would be as great as is sounded.