3/31 Instance: Yeah, He Mad

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Yeah, He Mad

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Venom> The only way Eddie could think of to alleviate his fury was to head to the DR. The moment he was there, he fired up a training program and initiated simulated combat. Eighteen rounds, eighteen opponents.

<@Venom> Eighteen fatalities resulting in 'failure'.

<@Venom> Warping his hand into a blade, Eddie pushed it into the chest of his chosen opponent. This time, the dead Marauder, Arclight. He grinned maliciously, casting the simulated body aside as again, the environment disappeared in a cascade of blue-white light, a klaxon sounded, ending the scenario and delivering the failure message again.

<Fabian> The door slid open and Fabian stepped through as the failure message came along. "Having a hard time of it?" He asked, recognizing Phillipa before she crumbled away. "A little late to be fighting here I would imagine though, yes?"

<@Venom> "Depends..." Eddie turned to face the newcommer, "Did we have the same weekend?" he shook his head, "I'm wide awake. And 'failure' is D's way of telling me she disapproves of what I'm doing..." he looked up, "I do not give a damn..."

<Fabian> O...kay? That was just weird but Eddie had always been a few bulbs shy of the Christmas tree in Fabian's opinion. He just held up his stitched up bite marks in answer.

<@Venom> "Huh..." Eddie looked over the wounds, "...that's...gross. Hope you gave as good as you got." he tapped his head, "We're working on that at the moment." he smiled, unusually calmly. Completely unfitting of the fact his voice had just distorted beyond any semblance of a human one.

<Fabian> "A burned hand, broken leg, and in prison now." Fabian replied, rather okay wiht the outcome. "Training up for going after Johnny and Jamie then? I hear they're narrowing down locations, will probably take the telepaths out to do sweeps soon enough."

<@Venom> Eddie nodded, "You could say that....if anything's found, I'll be on the scene." he took a deep breath, "Got a lot of things I wanna do..."

<Fabian> "Well, I'm sure Rachel and company'll have a location for us soon. So what happened with the patio anyway?"

<@Venom> Flinching a little, Eddie looked away, "Just...an altercation." he dismissed, "Nothing serious."

<Fabian> "Point, bits of this school have to be rebuilt at least a few times in a semester, it was just the patio's turn." Fabian laughed. "So, what are we fighting now?"

<@Venom> "'We'?" Eddie blinked at him - the last thing he needed right now was company; he wasn't exactly keeping a low profile about his anti-heroic actions very well, and having someone there with him wouldn't help either, "I-I think I'm done, to be honest. I'm kinda tired actually, think I might...." he gestured to the door, motioning towards it.

<Fabian> "Rather kill computer generated people by yourself then. I can understand that, it's a bit weird."

<@Venom> Ah, he had figured it out. Eddie stopped, "Cortez, I'm in a pretty dark place right now." he turned to the other male, smiling a grim smile, "I'm sure you can understand if I want my own space..."

<Fabian> "Not a problem, it seems you need the practice anyway if you get too many of those marks from the program."

<@Venom> "That really depends what you count as a 'failure'...wouldn't you say?"

<Fabian> Fabian stopped, giving him a bit of a funny look. "What do you mean?"

<@Venom> Unable to help himself, Eddie laughed a little, stepping closer to Fabian, "Nothing you need to worry about yourself." he lied.

<Fabian> This was a familiar feeling and Fabian's funny look only started to get more curious. "Who's worrying?"

<@Venom> "See? There's a sport." Eddie smiled again, nudging Fabian's shoulder before stepping past him and waving a hand.

<Fabian> "Sport? I think we can never call me that again." Fabian just watched, not letting his eyes slide to anything else but Eddie as he went by. That one was crazy, absolutely crazy.

<@Venom> Eddie stopped at the door, "Oh, one more thing..." he turned around, "Did they find Quentin Quire?"

<Fabian> "He was out when the cops arrived apparently but slipped away as they were hauling people in. Nobody saw him wake up or anything so it's possble one of his people got him out of there. We'll have to search the place for more secret cubby holes and the like."

<@Venom> "Interesting..." Eddie mused to himself, smiling a little, "...yeah, maybe. Good idea, could be worth a second check." he nodded, "No other word?"

<Fabian> "Haven't heard anything yet, he's on the search list as well so I imagine it's only a matter of time." Fabian shrugged, keeping his own face neutral. "Imagine it's the same down at your work, yeah?"

<@Venom> Nodding again, Eddie confirmed such, "Pretty much. Units scoping out all over, looking for clues. Matter of time now, really..." truthfully, he didn't actually know. And even then, he wasn't sure he'd be able to go back to the force either. Not if his plans went the way he wanted them to, "Well, I'd better shoot..."

<@Venom> 'So much to do, so many things to think about....

<Fabian> Fabian nodded, starting his own training program. "You do that," and Fabian would concentrate on getting the slightly creeped out feeling out from under his skin.

<@Venom> Leaving the room, Eddie stopped, turning back to watch the doors close. He laughed to himself, shaking his head - there was something he found ridiculously exciting about all of this. And though he knew it should have scared him, all he could think of was the image on that phone...

<@Venom> "All in good time." he murmured to himself, hands slipping in to his pockets as he left for the upper floors, "Patience is a virtue..."