3/31 Instance: Long Distance

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Long Distance

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline.

<@Jessica> Jess ran a hand through her hair and flopped down in her desk chair. She needed sleep. But she was afraid to close her eyes. She was lonely but she had no one to go to. And she was hungry but she had no appetite. She picked up the locket again and tried once more to look for a clasp of some sort.

<Kevin> Kevin popped some coins into the pay phone. He needed to get a new charger for his cell. He checked his watch. It wasn't too late.

<@Jessica> She jerked upright as her phone started ringing and looked around as she tried to remember where she'd left it. Eventually locating it in her coat pocket, she took it out. The number was unfamiliar but she answered it anyway... "Hello...?"

<Kevin> "Jess! Hey. It's me, Kevin."

<@Jessica> She almost dropped the phone, "Kevin? Oh my God! Are you okay? Where are you?"

<Kevin> "I'm fine. Sorry I haven't called recently, my charger broke. I'm actually in uh....I think I just passed the state line so I'm in New Jersey. I'm at a gas station. How are you?"

<@Jessica> "I'm... I'm not okay.... Kevin, I want you to come home... I miss you... and things are really bad here right now..." She sat down on her bed and pulled her legs up to her chest.

<Kevin> "Oh damn. What's happened?" He leant against the thick plastic. "I'm on my way. One state a way."

<@Jessica> "Cassie died..." And she was crying again. "They ate her!" She tried to pull herself together. "And they took people and we haven't found them yet..."

<Kevin> "Wait, what? Cassie was eaten? What the hell? Took people? What the hell is going on?!"

<@Jessica> "There's cannibals and they're eating mutants and there's this Kraven guy who's completely insane and they ate Shaw and Cassie and Jamie's dupes and they have Jamie and Johnny and I'm so scared they won't come home..."

<Kevin> "Cannibals eating mutants? The hell is going on? I leave for a few weeks and everything falls apart!"

<@Jessica> "I don't know..." she sniffed and attempted to dry her eyes with her palm, "I'm not sleeping... I don't think anyone is now... We don't know where they are or where to look.... most of the cult are in jail now we think.... but they're not going to talk to us... they took bites out of some of us when we attacked them..."

<Kevin> "I'm so sorry I haven't been there, Jess. Sounds like just another day at XU."

<@Jessica> "I'm just glad to hear your voice right now..." she leaned back against the wall, "But I wish you were here..."

<Kevin> "I'm coming back as fast as I can." Kevin fished in his pockets for some quarters. "I've missed you so much."

<@Jessica> "I miss you too... I'm so lonely... I don't know what to do with myself... I can't seem to focus on anything..." And now this was starting to feel like torture because she really just wanted a hug.

<Kevin> "Well, just hang in there until I get back and I'll give you such a hug as you've never had before." He grinned.

<@Jessica> She smiled a little, "I'll look forward to it... Just... hurry okay? I've been so worried about you... you should call more... or, you know... at all?"

<Kevin> "I'm out of quarters. We're going to be disconnected. I love and miss you - see you soon. And then you'll have to tell me what I've missed."

<@Jessica> "I will, I promise.... I love you too... stay safe..."