3/31 Instance: Twinkle Toes

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/31 Instance: Twinkle Toes

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Dancing Partners

Paige: Paige glanced down at her shoes as the music started in the dance studio. She quickly turned her head up to attention and tried to do a waltz by herself. While presenting its own challenges, she did giggle at the thought that her 'partner' couldn't step on her toes. She whirled around the dance floor, even raising her arm to 'twirl herself.' Well she just felt silly doing that.

Rachel: Rachel was staring down at her bruised hand as she made her way into the dance studio, oblivious to the music that was playing as she came to a stop just inside. After a few moments of studying her fingers and comparing her hands, she asked, despite having had broken fingers before, "Are you sure I didn't break any of my fingers?"

Paige: Letting out an, "Eep!" Paige twirled around with a smile on her face, rushing to inspect Rachel's hand again. "Mmmm I hope not... did you go have it x-rayed?"

Rachel: "Pfft, no," she rolled her eyes, cringing a bit as she flexed her fingers, "I like to think that since they still bend and aren't an odd angles, they're fine."

Paige: "Rachie..." Paige sighed, nuzzling the redhead's cheek. "You should get it checked, just to be sure."

Rachel: "If it doesn't get better, I guess," Rachel replied, turning her head to kiss Paige's cheek before asking, "How was your day?"

Paige: "Speeeectacular!" Paige twirled for Rachel, showing off her curtsey at the end. "I've been practicing my waltz. How was your day?"

Rachel: "Could've been better. I'm starting to regret hitting Shaw because it's hard to do anything," she answered, raising an eyebrow as she asked, "You're waltzing by yourself?"

Paige: "Well my dance partner wasn't here yet." Paige kissed the tip of Rachel's nose with an innocent smile.

Rachel: "Oh, yeah?" Rachel returned the innocent smile with one of her own, looking around, "Where are they?"

Paige: "Ohhh I think you'll like them. They are sexy... and have this sizzlin' red hair..." Paige took a bit of Rachel's hair, twirling it with her fingers.

Rachel: Her eyebrow went up, "Is that so?"

Paige: "Mmhmmm." Paige nuzzled her cheek, placing a soft kiss on it. "Well, you did promise me a dance, after all."

Rachel: "I suppose I did," she nodded, reaching up to take Paige's hand, "Though, I also said I don't really dance."

Paige: "I can teach you, if you want. Or we can do this." Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel, nuzzling her gently and swaying slightly.

Rachel: "I guess I could learn, assuming you aren't tired of teaching after teaching all day," Rachel replied, giving a bit of a shrug, "I'm not really sure how well I'll do."

Paige: "Ohhh don't be hard on yourself. You'll do great!" Paige smiled at her and readjusted Rachel's hands before she had a thought. "Wait... do you want to learn the lead part or the follow part?"

Rachel: Rachel blinked, "...Does it matter?"

Paige: "Well, not a lot of difference... just where you put your hands. But nevermind. Watch me." Paige moved to the side where Rachel could more easily see her feet. "Now, we move in a box step to a 3 count." As she began to count, Paige moved in the steps with the beats to show Rachel how to move.

Rachel: Rachel didn't really have any idea what that meant until Paige was demonstrating, and then she was debating how ridiculous she was going to look while moving in a box step to a three count. "Right..."

Paige: "Try it with me?" Paige glanced over to Rach as she paused.

Rachel: "I guess I'm not going to learn if I don't..."

Paige: Smiling, Paige took Rachel's hand in her own. "Ready? ....and.... one, two, three..."

Rachel: Rachel stiffly moved to the counting, biting down on her lip as she concentrated on the steps.

Paige: "See you're getting it!" Paige smiled over at her, continuing the steps.

Rachel: "Well, I guess it's not that hard," she shrugged a bit. She just wasn't sure how much she enjoyed it, which was why she didn't dance in the first place.

Paige: "Ready to do it together, then?"

Rachel: "Sure?" Rachel answered, despite being unsure about whether she was ready or not.

Paige: Paige swept Rachel into her arms. She waited a couple of beats then started leading them into the steps. "One, two, three..."

Rachel: After a few moments of focusing on the steps and mouthing the count, she asked, "Am I even doing this right?"

Paige: "Yeeeees you are." Paige smiled happily at her. "How does it feel?"

Rachel: Rachel looked up to her with a slight grin, "Ridiculous, and my hand hurts... But, I guess it could be worse."

Paige: "Awww well why don't we go ice your hand some more then?" Paige stopped in the motion, concerned once more for Rachel.

Rachel: She pulled a face, "That's no fun though..."

Paige: "Well... what would you rather do?"

Rachel: "I'm fine with dancing... unless you have something you'd rather do..."

Paige: "Well... I can think of something after the dancing..." Paige slid in closer to Rachel, smiling softly at her.

Rachel: "Oh, really?" Rachel asked with a slight grin, attempting to guess, "Dinner, movie, sleeping?"

Paige: "Well I didn't plan on doing much sleeping." Paige leaned in to kiss Rachel, running her hand down over Rachel's hip.

Rachel: Inhaling sharply, Rachel pressed herself closer to Paige and gave up on any attempts to learn how to waltz as she returned the kiss, tangling her fingers in Paige's hair which resulted in a cringe. "Wrong hand," she muttered before replacing it with the other, pulling her back into the kiss.

Paige: Smiling softly at her, Paige stroked Rachel's cheek gently. "Or we can do the 'sleeping' part, then get dinner and a movie... and more 'sleeping?'"

Rachel: "Whatever you want as long as I get painkillers somewhere in there," she mumbled, leaning into steal another kiss.

Paige: "Promise." Paige kissed Rachel again before taking her uninjured hand carefully in her own and leading her toward their room.