3/31 Instance: Perfect Date

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/31 Instance: Perfect Date

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: before Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Yum

Johnny: Johnny had spent a while talking to Danger, and he was relatively pleased to find himself standing in the middle of an arena at center ice, the cheering from the crowd seemingly bellowing from the rafters of the simulated building, a sort while later. While he was sure the temperature had dropped, he wasn't particularly aware of the cold and turned around, taking the scene in.

Johnny: Now to summon Hope down with a text while Danger put together a team for them to face...

Hope: Johnny's timing was certainly epic. Hope hit print on her business class paper right as her phone buzzed. She picked it up and smiled at the text. What had Johnny gotten himself into this time? She threw on some shoes and headed down to the danger room, surprised by what she found when she stepped inside. "...Johnny?"

Johnny: "It's about time," Johnny commented at the sound of his name, shooting her a grin. He held his arms out, gesturing around, "So, what do you think?"

Hope: "What I think will inflate your ego... you are the best boyfriend in the freaking world!." Hope quickly got into some skates so she could skate out to him.

Johnny: His grin became smug as he nodded, leaning back against the boards in front of the bench, "Danger's putting on the final touches, and then we should be good to go."

Hope: "So am I kicking your ass, or are we kicking someone else's ass?" Hope shot him a smirk as she got to her feet, gliding across the ice to him.

Johnny: "We are kicking ass because I would like this to not end in a hockey fight," Johnny answered.

Hope: "Pfft, like you'd hit me." Hope poked him gently, kissing his cheek.

Johnny: "It's been a tempting option before," he teased with a smirk, calling for Danger to set them up with the necessary equipment.

Hope: "Only if it's on the ass and you pull my hair." Hope winked at him, putting her gear on.

Johnny: Johnny merely shrugged at that as he placed the helmet atop his head and reached for a hockey stick, inspecting the tape on the blade, "What position are you playing?"

Hope: "Center. Have to live up to Crosby and Malkin." She put her mouth piece in and checked herself over.

Johnny: He rolled his eyes, shaking his head a bit as he replied, "I'll be on your right."

Hope: "Best place to be." Hope grinned over at him. "Now. Let's crush these bastards!"

Johnny: Johnny pushed himself off the boards, putting in his mouthguard as he slid over to his starting position to the right of the dot at center ice. As he crouched down to prepare for the face-off, he looked over to his opponent and back to the center, bumping the guy with his shoulder a bit as the referee prepared to drop the puck.

Hope: Hope reacted immediately, snagging the puck and the game was on!

Johnny: As Hope won the face-off, Johnny took off up the ice, waiting for her to be onside before he crossed the blue line. It'd been a while since he played, but he drove for the net anyway, immediately finding his path blocked by a large defenseman.

Hope: With Johnny blocked, Hope had to look for another way to get to the goal. She zoomed around, looking for her opening or open teammate. She finally saw an opportunity and took her shot.

Johnny: Fighting hard to keep his balance as he fought for positioning with the defenseman, Johnny heard the shot go off the goaltender's pads with a loud thud and took a swipe at the rebound, shoved down for his efforts as the goalie attempted covering it.

Hope: Hope swore as she tried to fight to get to the puck again as it headed down the other side of the ice.

Johnny: Pushing himself off the cold, hard surface, Johnny raced back down the other way as the other team scooped up the loose puck before Hope got to it.

Hope: Johnny had done a great job of telling Danger to make it a challenge. Hope swore as she had to actually try to get the puck back.

Johnny: "Pin him to the boards!" Johnny called across the ice, dropping low to help her with the task of winning the battle to retrieve the puck.

Hope: Hope never missed an opportunity to be a bitch. She slammed into the guy as hard as she could, pinning him against the wall.

Johnny: Johnny grit his teeth as another body slammed against him while he was attempting to dug the puck out from between the wall and the opposing player's skates, the fans in the seats pounding on the glass in front of them.

Hope: Hope nudged her guy again, trying to give Johnny a better chance at getting the puck.

Johnny: He wasn't entirely sure whether he'd knocked the puck loose or one of the other guys had, but it went rolling along the boards behind their net, one of their defensemen moving to gather it. Making his way out of the scrum against the boards, Johnny started up the ice, tapping his stick against it for the pass.

Hope: Once Hope got herself freed, she moved out onto the ice to reclaim her territory.

Johnny: Johnny received the pass and continued up the wing, chipping the puck into the zone ahead of them and slipping past the defender to retrieve it. Once he'd reclaimed it, he moved back around behind the net, looking around for the open pass. He quickly tapped it toward Hope, yelling, "Shoot!"

Hope: It was slightly unnecessary to tell Hope this. As soon as she got her stick close enough, she smacked the hell out of the puck, smirking as it flew right by the goalie's head.

Johnny: The referee called the goal good, and he cringed slightly as the horn sounded just after the red light signaled the goal. Grinning widely, he skated over to hug Hope, "That wasn't a bad shot."

Hope: Hope gladly wrapped her arms around him for the hug. "Couldn't have done it without your help. Love it when you're on my team!"

Johnny: "Of course you do. We always win," he pointed out with a roll of his eyes. "Now we just have to finish the game..."

Hope: "Don't worry, hot stuff. With your sexy looks and my great skills, this will be a piece of cake."