3/31 Instance: Keeping a Level Head

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/31 Instance: Keeping a Level Head

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Getting Ahead of Ourselves

Paige: It hadn't taken too long for word of the thrown head to get around to Paige. She swiftly cancelled class for the day and ran back to her room, locking the door behind her and running to Rachel, gently shaking her awake. "Rachie wake up!"

Rachel: After Paige had left to do whatever, Rachel had taken to hugging her girlfriend's pillow and pulled her own over her head at the voice urging to her take up. She tried to decide whether to pretend she hadn't heard and eventually settled on groaning, "Nooooooooo..."

Paige: "Rachel now!" Paige got into bed with her, pulling the covers over her head. "They were here!"

Rachel: Rachel gave up her hostage pillow at the feeling of Paige slipping under the covers, rolling to hold onto her instead as she sleepily pointed out, "You're loud."

Paige: "Rachel, please... cannibals... here!"

Rachel: "If they were here, you would be quiet because they would've eaten you."

Paige: Paige smacked Rachel gently. "This isn't funny! They threw a head at the school. They could still beeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeere."

Rachel: "Ow," she whined, despite her smirk as she added in a mumble, "Well, maybe you should try keeping a level head."

Paige: "Stop being a jerk! I'm scared!"

Rachel: Rachel huffed as she realized she'd actually have to be more awake in order to make an effort at comforting Paige. She managed to give her a small squeeze, curling into her a bit more, pausing, "...Wait. They threw a head at our front door? Whose head?"

Paige: "They are saying Sebastian Shaw's head."

Rachel: That caused her to blink up at Paige. "...You're fucking kidding."

Paige: "Does it look like I'm joking with you!?"

Rachel: It was tempting to go tell Bobby that she'd told him so, but there was no way she'd get out the door without dragging Paige along. Assuming she even got as far as the door while dragging Paige along. She settled back down, commenting after a moment, "Guess that's one less thing I have to worry about."

Paige: "Rachel I'm scared... What if they come in? Or take one of us?"

Rachel: "I highly doubt they'll come in if they didn't after throwing the head at the door," Rachel answered, "And, I doubt they'll want you."

Paige: "...I think I am offended that the cannibals wouldn't want to eat me."

Rachel: "Well, I..." she started, trailing off when she realized Paige would probably smack her again. "Nevermind."

Paige: Paige clung to Rachel more, burying her face into her. "Maybe we should move to Switzerland."

Rachel: "Pfft, I'm not leaving New York," Rachel replied, kissing the top of Paige's head with a sigh. She could only imagine the nightmares Paige would have now.

Paige: "Can't we go for a vacation? Until the police find the cannibals?"

Rachel: She opened an eye to look down at her and immediately closed it, pulling Paige back into her as she shook her head, "No."

Paige: Paige whimpered a bit, but pressed herself as close to Rachel as she could. "I'm not leaving your side then."

Rachel: "Hm... I don't know if I'm okay with this..." Rachel said. "How quiet are you going to be?"

Paige: "How quiet am I usually?" Paige got comfortable, closing her eyes.

Rachel: "You're not."

Paige: "Then I guess I won't be now either?"

Rachel: Rachel heaved a sigh and decided there was no hope of getting back to sleep at this point. After sliding down so her eyeline was level with Paige's, she pulled the pillow down with her, folding her arm under it. She brought a hand up, lightly running her fingers over Paige's cheek as she assured her, "You'll be fine."

Paige: "You don't know that..." Paige whispered. "If anything happens to you..." She shook her head a bit, blocking out the thoughts.

Rachel: "Nothing is going to happen to me," she firmly replied, ignoring her own fears about something happening to Paige, "And no one's going to take you if they want to live."

Paige: Somewhat settled by that, Paige nodded, letting out a bit of a sigh. "Stay close then... please? I can't... this is too much."

Rachel: Rachel wasn't entirely sure how murderers were too much, seeing as they were everywhere. Though, she supposed most didn't eat people or toss heads around like footballs. She leaned in to kiss her softly, murmuring, "I'm not going anywhere."

Paige: "Thank you." Paige kissed her and settled in, getting comfortable. "I'll shut up now."

Rachel: "Well, I'm awake now," she rolled her eyes. She should've known that was coming as that was how it typically worked.

Paige: Blushing, Paige nuzzled Rachel, embarrassed. "I'm really sorry... I shouldn't have woken you up."

Rachel: "Well, it was kinda important, so it's fine," Rachel assured her, smiling slightly at the blush.

Paige: Nuzzling Rachel gently, Paige also stole a little kiss. "Thank you for being so wonderful."

Rachel: "I wasn't, really," she shook her head as she leaned in for another kiss. "So, how much of a nightmare is it downstairs?"

Paige: "I cancelled class.... and I hid under the covers with you. Does that tell you anything?"

Rachel: "...Yeah, a few things, but I was more thinking along the lines of police and such."

Paige: "Oh... I don't really know... I didn't pay attention. I head that news and ran here."

Rachel: "How do you not pay attention when there's a severed head on the lawn?"

Paige: "I was scared!"

Rachel: Rachel let out a soft sigh, slowly shaking her head as she tucked some strands of hair behind Paige's ear, "No reason to be scared."

Paige: "Plenty of reason to be scared," Paige insisted, nuzzling Rachel gently with her nose.

Rachel: She leaned back to press a kiss to the tip of Paige's nose, "It's a severed head. It's not going to bite you."

Paige: "But but... what if it had diseases? It might get on me. I don't want diseases."

Rachel: "Well, you weren't near here it, were you?" Rachel asked, eyebrows raised.

Paige: "Well not this time... but that isn't the point."

Rachel: Rachel smirked, opened her mouth, and closed it. Teasing was probably not something that Paige would appreciate at the moment since she hadn't cared for any of her jokes from earlier.

Paige: "Well... if you can't sleep... what would you rather do?"

Rachel: "Eat breakfast or lunch, whatever. I don't really know what time it is..." she raked a hand through her hair, "Except I don't want to go downstairs if it's crazy..."

Paige: "I have a stash of oatmeal cream pies... it has oatmeal in it, does that count for breakfast?"

Rachel: "If you're fifty."

Paige: Paige laughed and kissed Rachel again. "Fine. Together?"

Rachel: Rachel considered the possibility of going downstairs, even with Paige, and pulled a face. "Are you sure we can't just live off whatever booze we have?"

Paige: "Welllll..... we can try... But I don't think we'll last very long. And I ate all the pizza."

Rachel: "...How did you eat over half a pizza?"

Paige: "I was hungry..." Paige gave her guilty, sad eyes.

Rachel: She stared at her for a few moments, unsure of how to respond to that look. Eventually, she leaned in to kiss her with a sigh, "Just give me the oatmeal cream pies."