3/31 Instance: Why Can't We Be Friends?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

3/31 Instance: Why Can't We Be Friends?

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Cecilia> The music was loud. So loud it made the wooden bars on the walls tremble and the fillings in Cecilia's teeth rattle but still she cranked up the volume. Trying to drown out all her thoughts and all her feelings and just channel it all into something else.

<Cecilia> She twisted and turned, her dancing becoming more and more frenzied with every passing second and she practically screamed along with the lyrics. "~Insiiiiide, I'm a danger to myself! I'M A DANGER TO MYSELF. Insiiiiide, I'm a prisoner of my own hell! MY OWN HELL!~"

<Janet> Janet was passing by the room, she'd just picked up some things to work on so she could settle into the classes and such here when she heard the heavy metal feeling the floor almost vibrate with the music. It was slightly upsetting her balance. Having wasp-like powers and similarities tended to make her sensitive to things like that. She wondered if the person who was listening to it was quite okay and so opened the door and saw Cecilia dancing and screaming to the music...

<Janet>"CECILIA!" she tried to yell over the music.

<Cecilia> Cecilia did a series of turns, opening her eyes on the last one and startling a little at the figure standing in the door. The new girl - Janet, she remembered - was yelling something to her it seemed. "WHAT?!" She shouted. Oh, Goddammit...there was no point in doing this. Quickly, she crossed the room and shut off the music. "Sorry, what was that?" Cecilia said, her ears ringing.

<Janet> Her own ears were ringing and she took a minute to try and stabilize herself. "I wanted to know if you were okay!" She shouted even though the music was off. It was like she could still hear it. "Sorry, didn't mean to yell. Just was checking on you."

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded and wiped some of the sweat off her forehead with her tank top, breathing heavily. "...Yeah, yeah...I'm fine, well...as well as I can be considering the circumstances..." she waved a hand, beckoning the other girl to come in. "Sorry...I had that on sorta loud. I hope I didn't interrupt your studying or anything."

<Janet> "No you didn't… I was just getting some of the assignments and such so I could get settled. " She walked towards her looking around the place. "Yeah, I think we all kind of feel that way. " She felt bad...because while she felt awful for the people and those close to them who were affected she didn't feel as deeply about it as they did, aside from the fear.

<Cecilia> "Ah...right," Cecilia said awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck where her omega tattoo was. "I'm...not exactly sure what to say, Janet. We sorta fucked up...here we were trying to protect you and now...we might've put you in more danger by bringing you here then we would've by just leaving you alone..."

<Cecilia> Then again, the same applied for Cecilia, really. Sure, the Bronx was a tough neighbourhood but it paled in comparison to this. "If you wanted to get the hell outta here I wouldn't blame you."

<Janet> She closed her eyes and shook her head. "No... you don't have to feel sorry. None of you could have known this was going to happen. It was a hard thing to deal with and it is a hard thing to have happen. I'm staying right here to get better so I can help protect people. You don't need to apologize." She said and waved it off like it was nothing

<Cecilia> Cecilia smirked a bit grimly. "I'm sure the free education isn't all that bad, either." She began rolling her shoulders. "So, how're you settling in? Besides the decapitated heads, I mean. Making friends?"

<Janet> "Yeah, that definitely is a plus." She murmured and sat on one of the benches. "Yeah, I've made...two friends. You and Mayday Parker. But I don't really care how many friends I've made as long as I actually have some." She shrugged. "How have you been despite?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia quirked an eyebrow at this. "You hardly know me," she pointed out. "You've no idea who I am or what I'm like or what I've done." She smiled slightly at the mention of Mayday. "She's my best friend...well, my best female friend."

<Cecilia> She shrugged. "Like I said - well enough for the circumstances." She sighed. "Which isn't all that good," she admitted. "But I'm not insane yet, so that's a start."

<Janet> "Well, I like you, so I figure 'friend' is a good word for that… unless you don't like me, in which case, I can find another word." She shrugged, not really bothered by Cecilia's words. "You were nice to me so..." She smiled at the mention of Mayday as well. "She's great. We get along pretty well." She nodded. "Not being insane is definitely a good starting point to healing."

<Cecilia> Cecilia frowned slightly. "It's not...I don't dislike you," she clarified. "I just...I'm not as...open as I used to be." She turned away slightly. "...What exactly do you know about me?"

<Janet> "You don't have to be freaked out. I know how it feels, being open is hard when you are in a lot of emotional pain.  I know you're pretty tough and that you really care about the people you take the time to get to know. And I may not know much but I can tell you and I are pretty similar." She murmured.

<Cecilia> Cecilia eyed the other girl. "What makes you think I'm in any kind of pain?" She was a little curious as to what impression she was giving off here. "I suppose you've been talking to Mayday."

<Cecilia> She approached Janet slowly, eyes distant. "Are we? Beyond being mutants, I mean." She paused in front of the other girl, sizing her up. "What's your story, Janet?"

<Janet> "It might be the fact you were all alone in a dance room screaming to heavy metal that was drowning out everything else in the room and outside of it. " She shrugged. "I also heard you found the head... I'm sorry by the way." She whispered.

<Janet> "I don't know your story, or at least not a lot of it.... So I'm not saying ours are similar."

<Janet> "Anyway, I grew up in Jersey. Mom and Dad were around but not really around. When I was in High School I dealt with the fact of being different by beating whoever teased me to a pulp... It didn't help when my parents found out I was gay, because now I was their violent lesbian daughter who didn't have any friends."

<Janet> "I'm not saying this for you to feel sorry for me. I don't feel sorry for me. You just asked. Need me to go on?"

<Cecilia> Cecilia smiled a hard smile. "No, and I don't feel sorry for you. I don't have much sorry in me - unfortunate for others." She crossed her arms and tilted her head. "You remind me of Mayday, y'know..."

<Cecilia> "I have family in Jersey," Cecilia said. "Obviously not the part you're from, but still...did your parents toss you out for the lesbian part or the mutant part, then?"

<Janet> "Good." She said honestly. Janet had never wanted anyone to feel sorry for her. Having someone feel sorry for you was the worst feeling in the world. You felt low, and worthless.

<Janet> "I do? Well, Mayday and I have a lot in common too… and no they didn't toss me out. I left when I finished high school. My dad died shortly after finding out about the lesbian part and my mom never really accepted me after that so I just left. Wanted a fresh start. They never knew I was a mutant." She shrugged.

<Cecilia> Cecilia nodded. "My family knows...well, the ones I'm actually in contact with and actually give a shit about know. I've not exactly hidden it, but I never shouted it from the mountain tops either." She quirked an eyebrow. "Not that most people would pose a threat to me."

<Cecilia> She was warming a little to this girl. She seemed nice and...well, Cecilia remembered what it was to come here last semester to an empty school. Everyone needed someone. Fabian and Mayday had been the first to reach out to her...she could try to trust again. She could try.

<Janet> "I just never thought it was important for them to know really. They didn't care for me much after I came out so telling them I was a mutant just seemed fruitless. " She said, smiling softly. "I doubt they would. You seem like the type who can handle herself in most situations." She nodded and stretched her shoulders. Janet hoped she wasn't pissing this girl off. Honestly she could be a bit too blunt sometimes.

<Cecilia> Luckily for Janet if Cecilia was pissed at someone they'd damn well know it and she was the furthest thing from pissed now. "Mm," she threw a shield dome around the stereo. "Bug meet glass." She laughed, showing off her powers.

<Janet> "Clever. Wish I could do that. Would come in handy." She grinned studying the glass-like dome carefully. It looked almost like a bubble. Seeing someone actually use their powers was so....interesting. Janet didn't think she'd ever get over it.

<Cecilia> "You can tap it if you like," Cecilia offered, smirking a little. "Or better yet, try a power out on it. Shield can stand bullets, knives, fire, electricity and most impact forces...can you tell I'm interested in seeing your powers?"

<Janet> She tapped it carefully and smiled over at Cecilia. "Well, you could just ask." She teased and concentrated on shrinking down to around three inches high. "I can go smaller but I think this is good for now." She called, her voice small and high. Wings sprouted from her back and she floated to the top of the dome and pressed her hands to it sending a stinging blast into the surface.

<Cecilia> "Sorry, but my bar door doesn't swing that way, though I have more than one friend who does." Cecilia covered her flinch well. Well, clearly Janet's call-sign was very apt. "…Seems you got something in common with Ant-Man and Arachne…sorry, that's Hank Pym and Jessica Drew. If you ever run into them you should know their real names." Cecilia grimaced, this was reminding her uncomfortably of issues past.

<Janet> She grew back to normal size and stretched. "Ah. So my sting is common then. And here I thought I was special.

<Janet> " She grinned and rolled her eyes. "And don't worry, I wasn't coming on to you, so no need to explain sexual preference." She said and relaxed her back on the wall now. "You okay… you seem a bit shaken?"

<Cecilia> "If it's any consolation there are two other students with force fields," Cecilia said, shrugging and dropping the shield. "So I'm nothing special either."

<Cecilia> Cecilia grinned widely. "I didn't think so, very few people do, but if it makes any difference I would've been flattered, not worried." She hesitated. "Just had a fight with someone with bioelectrical blasts once...I'm remembering how much that hurt. I'll try not to cross you..." she teased.

<Janet> "Well, thank you. It is nice to hear that and that you wouldn't have been concerned." She laughed and folded her arms behind her head. "Oh, well, don't worry. I don't plan on attacking you. Or at least anytime soon." She winked. "Yeah, it hurts like a bitch. I was caught kissing my girlfriend on the football field once by a douche-bag and he started something. I was so pissed that when I punched him in the jaw I stung him too. His jaw swelled pretty bad."

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "I've decided I like you, Jan." She grabbed a towel on the floor and threw it over her shoulder. "What do you say to lunch?"

<Janet> "I'd say I'm starving so fuck yeah." She stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder. "I'm glad I could convince you of how charming I am." She teased.

<Cecilia> Cecilia laughed. "Well, what can I say? I like a girl who can kick the shit out of a linebacker."