4/1 Instance: The Dark In All Of Us

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/1 Instance: The Dark In All Of Us

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after No Place For A Hero

<@Venom> Finishing another shot of whiskey, Eddie rested his glass back on the table, looking down at where Cassandra's phone lay. He frowned at it, releasing the bottle in his left hand and stroking along where he recalled her hands took it from him days ago.

<@Venom> "...damnit, Liza's gonna be so jealous of you...", he smirked to himself, mirthless eyes going back to the alcohol. Without a second thought he poured another glass, downing it with a hiss.

<Jean-Paul> After patrol Jean-Paul needed to refuel so the kitchen called out to him with the promise of quickly made desserts before bed. He stopped short at the door as he caught sight and the boozy smell of Eddie. "Hey Eddie, want something to eat with that?"

<@Venom> Looking up, he shook his head, "I'll be fine.", he poured himself another drink, "Thanks..."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul nodded, going for the pantry and looking over what he could throw together quickly. "Any word from the second patrol? Mine was unfortunately quiet, found a warehouse they had used but nobody was in it."

<@Venom> "Nope.", Eddie downed another drink, beginning to pour himself a replacement glass.

<Jean-Paul> Well, this was a thrilling conversation. Jean-Paul just got around to putting dessert together, stealing bites as he did. "And nothing from your work?"

<@Venom> Frowning, Eddie shook his head, "Something about a ghost in the morgue...", he mumbled, "...I don't know...nothing big since Quentin ah....disappeared.",

<@Venom> He looked back down at the phone on the table, finishing another shot of alcohol.

<Jean-Paul> "A ghost in the morgue? Someone taking to some kind of After-Easter celebration?" Jean-Paul asked, turning back to Eddie. At least he was talking more now.

<Jean-Paul> Of course, he hadn't slowed down with whatever he was drinking but JP could understand that.

<@Venom> "I don't know....seems like a sick trick. Wasn't listening...", Eddie admitted, mechanically preparing yet another drink.

<Jean-Paul> "I guess if it was important you'll find out soon enough, huh?" Jean-Paul sat out two plates even if Eddie had said he didn't want anything. Who didn't want brownies once they were done? That'd just be a crime.

<@Venom> Looking up, he glanced between Jean-Paul and the plates, opening his mouth to protest. Instead, he replaced words with another drink, eyes falling back to the phone on the table. Stretching a little, he lifted it into his hand.

<Jean-Paul> "What are you looking at?" Jean-Paul asked, dishing up the food and making his way over.

<@Venom> Eddie snapped back to reality, "Hhm?", he looked to Jean-Paul, "O-oh...it's Cassie's phone. I....found it at the address the van was seen at.", he sighed, stroking off a few flakes of dried blood from where it had crusted on the side.

<Jean-Paul> "Was there anything on it?" Jean-Paul asked as he sat down across the bar from Eddie, digging into his food. Who knew what useful things a person could get on their phone if they had the presence of mind to.

<@Venom> "...a picture.", he replied, "...not a nice picture."

<Jean-Paul> "Like they took it kind of picture?" Jean-Paul frowned. Shouldn't the phone be turned over in that case?

<@Venom> "Maybe...", Eddie nodded, "...I j-...", he gulped, "...I...just haven't...he left it for me. That sick bastard left it for me to find..."

<Jean-Paul> "...Kraven is sending you special messages?" Jean-Paul arched an eyebrow to Eddie. That...didn't seem likely.

<@Venom> Sighing, Eddie waved the phone at him, "No, it was left at the building, a picture of Cassie was on it. It was a taunt.", he rested it back on the table, "Maybe he didn't know I'd find it. But I DID.", he finished another shot of whiskey, "Unlucky for him..."

<Jean-Paul> "Well this was never going to go well for them." Jean-Paul nodded though he had to admit, this was a bit strange...then, again, none of this was normal.

<@Venom> Eddie sighed again, "Swear, I'm gonna murder him....", he murmured, pouring another drink.

<Jean-Paul> "I remember that feeling, hard to reel in." Jean-Paul admitted, just assuming Eddie was venting with him.

<Venom> "...mmn.", he nodded, "Sure is...", he downed the poured drink, glancing up at Jean-Paul.

<Jean-Paul> "The things I would have done with Apocalypse if I were that kind of person."

<Venom> Looking away, Eddie frowned again, "Yeah...can imagine.", he really could. He wasn't sure, but he felt like he almost felt guilty for what he'd done so far to Quentin.

<Venom> 'Focus....'

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul frowned again as he saw Eddie duck away but he kept eating. "I guess everyone gets that feeling though, don't they?"

<Venom> "Like you wouldn't believe...", he sipped more alcohol.

<Jean-Paul> "Well...be sure to go through the usual hangover preventions, yeah? I can fix you some greasy stuff for the morning if you like."

<Venom> Nodding silently, Eddie poured another, "Yeah. Sure."

<Jean-Paul> This was beginning to get way too Norman Bates for Jean-Paul's taste, he stood on up. "Will talk to you later then, yeah?"

<Jean-Paul> "Night, Eddie."

<Venom> Eddie waved him away with his glass, "Yeah. See you around.", he breathed, unsure as to how true that was. In the end, they could be enemies at a moment's notice. As soon as Kraven surfaced...

<Venom> "...sleep well.", he sighed.

<Jean-Paul> As soon as Jean-Paul was out and down the hallway his hand drifted to his own phone, leafing through his contacts until he came upon Eddie's father.