4/1 Instance: Intervention

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/1 Instance: Intervention

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Jonathan> In a bright, blue-white flash, Jonathan Brock appeared, landing as if he'd been running about a foot off the ground. He adjusted his coat and glasses, taking a deep breath, "...forgot how exciting that was." he beamed.

<Jean-Paul> "I'm a pretty big fan of it as well." Jean-Paul admitted, giving a bit of a shallow laugh that showed he was still a bit bothered by the conversation he had earlier.

<Jonathan> "It's been absolutely years since I've used mine, you know..." Jonathan grinned, approaching his son's friend, "Are you alright, Jean-Paul?"

<Jean-Paul> "I'm...I've been better but I'm okay, really, just a bit antsy I suppose but that's not too far from the normal."

<Jonathan> Jonathan sighed, "...is...he alright? Be honest with me, what's happened?"

<Jean-Paul> "We lost a student. I guess I didn't realize they were close but he seems to be taking it a bit...extra hard. Like...alarmingly so."

<Jonathan> Frowning, Jonathan shook his head, "It...wasn't his girlfriend, was it? She isn't a student with you all, is she?"

<Jean-Paul> "No, it wasn't Liza." Jean-Paul shook his head. "I think they were still good so I don't know anything about what might've been between him and Cassie, she hadn't even been here long."

<Jonathan> "...hm." Jonathan sighed, rubbing his forehead, "E-ever since Circle Pines...he's been different. Closed off, like he doesn't really know who he is or what he wants." he removed his glasses, "...I know it's been hard, forgiving people, especially after all these years of pain but..."

<Jonathan> His hand met Jean-Paul's shoulder, "Jean-Paul...." he took a deep breath, "...he has always had trouble with that thing in his head, since he manifest. Has it finally...snapped him?"

<Jean-Paul> "I'm not sure if it's the symbiote or it's actually him...I'm thinking it might just be him and maybe it's taking advantage of that fact."

<Jonathan> Jonathan looked hurt. Stepping back, he shook his head in disbelief, walking away and sitting down to overlook the city, "...h-he...hasn't killed anyone...?"

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul opened his mouth up to say no, then he stopped. "I'm not sure."

<Jonathan> Placing his glasses down beside him, Jonathan rested his head in his hands, "Ooooh, God....my son." he exhaled, "...what have they done to you...."

<Jean-Paul> "He's...he's been rigid for a while, unforgiving of a lot of things." Jean-Paul admitted, sighing and not really knowing how to comfort the man. "I...I'm sorry."

<Jonathan> "Don't be." the older man looked up at him, smiling weakly, "It's...not your fault. You're a good mate of his, a good kid." sighing, he shook his head, "Wish Eddie was more like you in some ways. Maybe then....maybe he'd be alright..."

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul laughed a bit at that though it was still a bit hollow. "I think he'd just get in different kind of trouble if he were. I'm pretty forgiving and..while I'm glad I am it probably shouldn't always be that way."

<Jonathan> Jonathan looked back out on the city, cupping his hands, "'An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind', so they say..." he looked to Jean-Paul again, sadness in his eyes, "Listen...if...if he does anything..."

<Jean-Paul> "I'll let you know and I'll keep as good of an eye on him as I can. I'm...not sure I should spread the word too wide here, some people are a bit obvious here and he's going to be jittery. Considering his fight with Rachel got the patio redone I don't want him to have a reason to get set off."

<Jonathan> Laughing awkwardly, Jonathan rubbed his eyes, "You must think I'm a terrible father to be sicking spies on my son, hm?" he sighed, "It's so much simpler when you're all knee-high and the greatest evil is biscuits before breakfast...."

<Jean-Paul> "If it were me I'd want my Uncle to be keeping a good eye on me. Last time I did something big he wouldn't approve of I got myself arrested, after all, so sometimes a person needs someone watching out." Jean-Paul sighed as well, looking down a bit.

<Jean-Paul> "Eddie is a good friend to me, even if there's been a few times he's wondered if I was a domestic terrorist." His laugh was a bit stronger there. "If I can help him I will."

<Jonathan> "Thank you." Jonathan grinned at him, "If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure a domestic terrorist wouldn't be so generous." he assured the younger man, sniffing a little and wiping his eyes, "It's difficult when....you can't protect your kids forever." he laughed again, a few more tears sliding free.

<Jean-Paul> "Is there...anything I can do?" Jean-Paul asked, unable to keep from feeling awkward.

<Jonathan> Jonathan sniffed, removing a tissue from his pocket and wiping his eyes, "Promise me you'll never do this your parents." he grinned, "Also, if you can....just be there for my son..."

<Jean-Paul> "I was all ready enough of a burden on my aunt and uncle, wouldn't dream of putting them through more." Jean-Paul promised. "And I can do that."

<Jonathan> "Cheers." he sighed, standing up, "Well....tell you what, least I can do is get you something to eat if you want?"

<Jean-Paul> "Yes." Jean-Paul said a bit faster than was polite.

<Jonathan> Laughing again, Jonathan nodded, approaching him and holding out his hand, "Want me to pop us somewhere? I know this brilliant bagel place. And I can get us there at lightspeed or something..."

<Jean-Paul> "...if I didn't know for certain my father was definitely my father I'd begin to wonder."

<Jonathan> Jonathan laughed a little harder, landing his hand on Jean-Paul's shoulder again, "Great minds think alike, eh?" he paused, "Ooop!" darting back over to where he was sat, he picked up his glasses and slipped them back on, hopping over to Jean-Paul once more, "Right, ready now!"

<Jonathan> Patting his arm, there was a blinding white-blue flash. And with that, they were gone.