4/1 Instance: Dinner For Two

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/1 Instance: Dinner For Two

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before The Dark In Us All

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul carefully butterflied the chicken breast sitting before him, his mind far away from what he was actually doing as he remembered one of the few times he had interacted with Cassie one on one. When you take down computer generated creepy clowns with a person it's usually a bonding experience but Jean-Paul wasn't sure he could even say he knew the girl.

<@Jean-Paul> It hadn't been enough time to know the girl. His hands did the work of putting the chicken into the eggs, the flour mix, and then the pan but he couldn't actually focus on a bit of it.

<Janet> Janet was in a bit of a mood. It was so, sad around here. Everyone was upset and she honestly had no reason to blame them for being upset. So many people hurt and Cassie was, well. Though she didn't even know the girl she felt for the ones who did and how it must be affecting them. After an hour of working out, and a quick shower she trod into the kitchen in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

<Janet> Janet was a bit surprised to see someone in there but the smell of frying chicken made her stomach growl. "Sorry, didn't realize anyone was in here."

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul looked up, just slightly dazed from his thoughts. "Oh, hey Janet, sorry, I didn't hear you come in." He gave her a small smile but his nerves didn't like the idea that he could be snuck up on now. "I'd ask how you're settling in but I guess I can imagine the answer, huh?"

<Janet> "It's fine, I've been pretty distracted too so I understand." She murmured and sat on a bar stool looking up at him. "Oh, I'm settling in well enough. Been kind of hard but it will be fine. " she shrugged. "How are you holding up?" she asked curiously.

<@Jean-Paul> "I...I wish I had been there which is probably a bit on the sick side but...I guess when there's missions and we're too late for something I start to wonder if I had been there would I have been able to run there in time. I know Cassie had been...dead for a while, obviously, so it's not the case but I guess being logical has to stop once in a while. I'll work around that soon enough."

<Janet_> She shook her head. "That isn't sick. I think everyone wishes they could have done something.. Even I do and I don't even know her.." Janet shuddered a bit and leaned back in her chair. " It is a hard thing to take in, that someone who went here was so brutally.." She stopped and swallowed.

<@Jean-Paul> "I guess we didn't exactly bring you back to a safe place, huh? I mean, I know Cassie wasn't taken here but still."

<Janet> "Actually I feel safer here. Better than being by myself. Being oblivious to what is going on out there. That would have been a hell of a lot worse." She murmured

<@Jean-Paul> "I just wish it was actually over. Jamie and Johnny are still out there...and love Jamie but...you met him. Not the brightest bulb." Jean-Paul sighed, turning his chicken. "I'm glad you feel safer though and you're right, it's better to know."

<Janet> "I think everyone does... and yes I did see him not really the smartest but I think he'll be fine." She nodded. "Yes it is much better.. On a lighter note your chicken smells delicious.." she laughed

<@Jean-Paul> "Thanks, you want some?" He pointed to the chicken in offering. "I...sort of eat through this kitchen about every week so I figure the least I can do is cook," Jean-Paul explained, looking just a bit sheepish.

<@Jean-Paul> "We've been through things before and we'll go through it again...it just doesn't always take a student and isn't generally this...grotesque."

<Janet> She nodded. "If you don't mind sharing of course." she grinned and watched the chicken brown nicely in the pan. Food was never this good when she was living on her own. Ramen, and tuna on crackers or fruit was about right..Except for the occasional Chinese takeout. "Of course, tragic things happen every day...and while this was probably worse than what you've seen in awhile..healing will happen eventually."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well...I won't lie, shit happens with this place. I mean, you've seen some of it on the news but not all of it gets there, definitely." Jean-Paul laughed, opening the oven and grabbing a few of the other things he had been working on and judging them done and ready to dish up.

<Janet> "I figured as much. You can't live among a group of mutants and expect things to be quiet." She shrugged and watched him move things about the kitchen as he was going to serve food.

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeah, I guess you got a sampling of it with the news showing all of the Apocalypse stuff, huh? Two of the 'horsemen' are here...and two of Apocayplse's acolytes but that's pretty hush hush. God but that was a mess. You probably didn't hear much about Trask though, that happened more recently."

<Janet> "Oh really? Interesting." she murmured. Janet loved learning new things about the school and it's students so she was soaking this up. "No I haven't heard a lot, but I've heard enough to know the gist of what's been going on."

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, do you feel up to hearing everything laid out in black and white or would you rather have blissful ignorance?"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul settled down with the food, tucking in. "I just hope we find Johnny and Jamie soon, maybe in tonight's patrol."

<Janet> "Black and white sounds nice. Ignorance is most certainly not blissful. it is frustrating." She laughed and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge. "So tell me what you can." She smiled and took the plate he offered her tucking in as well. "I hope so too. I hate seeing everyone so upset.. and I can't help but be worried too even though I barely know them."

<@Jean-Paul> "So the guy that's the head of this cult thing, Kraven? He's been here before, hunted the students here, had all sorts of traps in the woods and killed a teacher. I wasn't here for that but...it was definitely creepy enough to hear about."

<Janet> She shuddered at that. God-damn the mere thought of that Kraven guy frightened her. "That is horrible....I don't think I'll ever understand what compels people to-" she stopped. No she couldn't say that, she would be lying if she said that.

<@Jean-Paul> "People do...all sorts of things," Jean-Paul frowned. "We've got a history of all kinds of crap, actually, both in and out of the school."

<Janet> "In and out? What has happened in here?" Janet asked taking a bite of her chicken. What the hell could have happened in here besides what he mentioned already.

<@Jean-Paul> "Have you ever heard of the Brotherhood?" Jean-Paul asked. "The people who went after the Friends of Humanity?"

<Janet> "Sounds familiar but I don't believe I've heard much about it. Just snippets from the news and such." She said intrigued now

<@Jean-Paul> "Some of the members were students here, the leader was a graduate here and is the guy in the coma downstairs." Jean-Paul didn't really want to go into that too much though. It was still strange to think that Reed had been involved in that.

<Janet> "Good god.. and no one knew anything about it? Or were there like little hints that maybe something was going on?" How did anyone not realize something like that. Unless they were clever enough to avoid suspicion, but it was certainly hard to hide something like that.

<@Jean-Paul> "There were all sorts of investigations. I was pretty sure I was going to get arrested and charged for a while there, actually." Jean-Paul did laugh at that, it seemed like such an odd thing to have happened now that he could.

<@Jean-Paul> "Then there was the whole weird inky pod people thing throughout the city. If you remember the news feed from that I'd be the guy who thought it was a great idea to fly inside of the giant one."

<Janet> "Did they think you were a part of it?" she asked eyes wide. Had he been suspicious? Janet didn't really know how she would have been able to handle interrogation. She was bluntly honest but came off as kind of sketchy. "Oh yeah I remember that." She laughed. "That was you?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Some people suspected, have a few things in my juvenile record that caused a bit of a stir." Jean-Paul admitted but he grinned pretty wide. "Yeah, that was me, I'll say that even though that was disgusting I'm pretty proud of it."

<Janet> "Ahh.. like what?" she asked curiously, incredibly interested. Things like that always interested her, when people did stupid things it was amusing, especially in their teenage years. "Well l'd say. It was rather brilliant."

<@Jean-Paul> "...I may have gotten tangled up into running messages for a group I definitely should not have been involved in. It was good pay and I needed the money. My family couldn't exactly afford to feed a runner."

<Janet> "Understandable." She nodded and sipped some of her water. "Well besides being quick on your feet you are a wonderful cook." She smiled finishing the last of her chicken.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, in that case we should meet up for dinner and I can delve deeper into the school's history...you'll never guess how many times this room has been rebuilt." Jean-Paul laughed, raising his drink to her. "Call it a plan?"

<Janet> "Deal. Perhaps this can be a weekly thing. You cook and I listen to your stories and eat the food you cooked." she laughed stealing a bite of his plate before clinking their glasses together

<@Jean-Paul> "I can handle that...though I'll warn you, once people know of a set time food will be in here they'll swarm. I should know, I usually lead the swarm."

<Janet> "Hmmm then perhaps we'll have to meet somewhere else with it. Or meet really late." She suggested putting her plate and his in the sink.

<@Jean-Paul> "An ever-evolving dinner arrangement, I'm sure we'll manage somehow." Jean-Paul laughed as he moved the pans over. "Until next time, then."

<Janet> "Until next time." she winked grabbing her water bottle and heading back to her dorm room.