4/3 Instance: Anything To Impress the Girl

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

4/3 Instance: Anything To Impress the Girl

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[timeline: Current]

Pym: Hank opened the door for Janet to let her into the lab-office where he did his Wonder Industries work. "And this, Miss Janet, is my lab."

Janet: She smiled appreciatively. "Brilliant." she grinned looking around the space and taking in the elements. "It's nice. You spend a lot of time in here?" she asked leaning on the desk.

Pym: "Too much, probably." he said with a smirk. "I've been trying really hard to figure out how your mutation, when it's so similar to mine, allows you to grow... which is confusing to me."

Janet: "I'm not really sure either Hank. I can't really explain it. I don't use it all that much though." She shrugged and sat on the edge of the desk tugging her knee to her chest and resting her chin on it. "I prefer smaller to bigger I guess."

Pym: "I have loved shrinking down!" He said, excitedly. "It's amazing right? The size of things, the flavors!"

Janet: It was nice to talk to someone who understood what it felt like to shrink so small. She nodded eagerly; "Everything is heightened smell, touch, taste, sound.. fruit is much better at such a small size I must say." She grinned. "However not sure how much I like the heightened smell of garbage."

Pym: "Fruit is great, have you tried soil? All the nutrients, none of the grit or dirt-taste. It's actually VERy sweet. And clothing particles are interesting to look at. You can always tell when girls are wearing cheap brands..."

Janet: Janet laughed. "Good to know, I'll have to try it out." Hank was a very quirky boy, but she enjoyed talking to him just the same. "So what else can you do? I've seen you shrink down pretty tiny already."

Pym: "I have these little plasts, I call them Pym Particles... a bit conceded but there's no projection force like it that I've found so I figured I'd coin it." he shrugged.

Pym: "I speak to ants, bees, wasps, termites, any type of higher-ordered insect. Aaaand, I also maintain my super strength."

Pym: "The analytics seem a bit complex." he moved some paperwork around and tidied up for her. "It appears that at my shrunken size, I have the strength of my former height, if that former height had the proportionate strength of an ant. Let's say, as I am now, I had the proportionate strength of an ant? I could lift this desk." He tried. Barely budged.

Pym: "If I'm small, I can push it back. But I can't lift it. ... Yet."

Janet: "That isn't conceited that is brilliant. So these particles what are the logistics of what all they do?" She asked fascinated with this boy, he could talk to the insects she could talk to and even a few more which was impressive. She watched his demonstration and nodded. "That makes perfect sense, God.. it is so nice to talk to someone who is so similar." She murmured honestly.

Janet: He was one of the most interesting people she'd met here, mostly due to the fact that they connected on the level of similarity to their powers. "While you have strength I have super speed. Unless you have that as well. Then i would have to leave because you'd be too good and there would be no need for me." She teased.

Pym: "No super speed, no. But that's interesting that you have maintained super speed... i wonder if it's proportionate like my strength?" He smiled at her tease. "Please, even if I had the speed, there's no need to leave."

Pym: "Every mutant, student, and person who comes into XU brings something new and unique to the table. It's not just the abilities but how you utilize them that defines you."

Janet: "It is proportionate. I'm pretty fast normal size but I can fly and run much faster the smaller I get." She nodded. "Oh fine if you insist, and believe me I know. This place is so brilliant, so many amazing powers and people who use them all for a righteous cause. I have never felt more at home. Besides they are all so fascinating. I can study all of it by just getting to know them." she murmured flushed with the brilliance of it all.

Janet: "Sorry I'm getting worked up....this is just the happiest I've been in a really long time. Ya know?"

Pym: "I understand. I was part of the X-Men fan club before I joined. I was on a forum and everything," he admitted sheepishly.

Pym: "I wanted to be one... then I blew up a mall with ants and termites. They sorta... rescued me and saved the day. It was as awesome as it was embarrassing." He was blushing deep shades of red now. Almost as bad as when Jess was explaining her sexual desires to him.

Janet: "Don't worry i'm not judging you. Believe me i was constantly wishing maybe they'd come and take me away so I wouldn't have to hide anymore. I hate having to hide who I am.." she smiled. "Why are you so embarrassed. It isn't a bad thing, those things happen and if it hadn't you wouldn't be here." She grinned.

Pym: "That's true, but I shouldn't have lost control like that. I had no idea how serious my ability was until the day I lost control. It's amazing what a couple million ants can do to a Nordstrom's. And it's amazing how fast they can do it." he chuckled to himself as he remembered the woman batting the termites with a purse.

Pym: "So, how're you fitting in so far? Also check this out -- it's the smallest ant in existence. I'm hoping to get this small. It's all the way from the Amazon." He offered her a look into a microscope.

Janet: "Yeah that's true. But you know better now. So no harm done I'd say." She shrugged and stretched her leg out now as it had started to cramp from being pulled so close to her chest for so long. "Besides I'm sure it was amusing for some people to watch." she laughed. How was she fitting in? Well so far she'd made a friend out of Mayday, Cecilia was warming up to her. Jean-Paul was nice, and now Hank.

Janet: "I'm fitting in well enough here, made a few friends." She bent down by her to look at the ant under the microscope. "I don't believe I've ever seen anything so small. I would love to try and get that small but I think it would be too much stress on my body. I'd have to really work at it." she said.

Pym: Hank never noticed girls before. Well, he had, but not as consciously as many boys his age might have. He in fact avoided any kind of sexual/otherwise interactions with women because he was too befuddled and involved in his work to bother with that.

Pym: Something about Janet though... she was cute. And smart. And interesting. And her powers were so intriguing. "It's pretty tiny, yeah. Did I show you my house?" He pulled out a glass framed-ant-house. Inside the tunnels were (teeny-tiny) big screen TV's, futons, a bed and bedstand, a refridgerator. Essentially all the furnishings of a house/apartment. "My goal is to not need a roommate."

Janet:"Wow? How the hell did you get those to the right size? I don't think i've ever seen a television so tiny! Did you have someone shrink it for you or do they actual sell those." She laughed and looked at the rest of the tiny furnishings. "Hank this is so fucking cool you honestly have no idea." She felt like such a geek.

Pym: "I know, right?! My only concern is that electricity is really intense at that size. I had to get some seriously heavy duty wire. It's like having four inch-thick extension cables all over your house, in there."

Janet:But it was okay...Janet felt like it was natural to be so nerdy around Hank. It was fun to be able to geek out with someone and talk about how cool bugs were. "Well I think you could pull that off. I mean i'm sure the rent is a steal."

Pym: "I'd have to still be in a room. Maybe in the lab? I just don't want any little kids playing with my house while I'm trying to sleep." He frowned at the thought of the vicious tapping.

Janet: "That must be kind of difficult to deal with. But it is worth it right? However the electric bill must be ridiculous." she teased. "Well you could arrange that. Maybe place it in a room with someone you trust? So you are assured you won't be bothered by anyone." she suggested flicking some of her hair off of her forehead.

Janet: It was starting to get a bit shaggy, she would have to trim it soon. Keeping it so short was helpful for speed when flying and ease in the morning. She didn't like to have to mess with her hair or anything when it was early. Having time to shower and work out was much more important.

Janet: "I think that is a great idea though. A great way to get some privacy." she smiled nudging his shoulder.

Pym: He smiled at her as she flipped her hair. He could feel himself melting, he knew he couldn't hide it. Do I even want to? "Mmm."

Janet: "You okay? You seem a bit broken....did i break you?" she laughed and pat his cheek gently. "Helloooo earth to Ant-man." she smirked eyebrow cocked and head tilted curiously.

Pym: He snapped out of his trance, blinking furiously. Clearing his throat, he looked away. "*Hrrmph*, yeah... uh, I'm fine."

Pym: "So... have you gone micro and visited the green house yet? That was fun. Quite the adventure. Bit like Jurassic Park, honestly."

Janet: Janet just waved it off like no big deal, a bit oblivious to the fact that he was starry-eyed a moment ago. "No! I haven't! I will definitely have to try that out. I don't think I've even explored this place in it's entirety yet." Suddenly she had a good idea. "Hey maybe sometime soon we could go exploring together.. You could show me around, but micro size? What do you think?"

Pym: "I love it!" He exclaimed. "It's a date!" His eyes widened as he heard the words come out of his mouth. "Not like... a date, date. That would be uh... not what I meant."

Pym: "... I don't think." Oh lordy, this is where I usually shrink and run away...

Janet: "It's a date." She agreed before he started getting all twitchy. "Don't panic Hank. I know you didn't mean it that way. Relax." She laughed and patted his shoulder comfortingly.

Pym: "I-uh... yeah, thanks. Right." he flinched a bit at the pat on the shoulder. Touching.

Pym: "So... yeah this is the lab. Let's gooooo..." he looked eagerly to the door "... somewhere else! Yes! Another place! The DR perhaps?"

Janet: "Sounds great. Let's head out tour guide." she grinned walking out with him, pretty excited to have made such a good friend. Especially one with so many similar interests.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Re: 4/3 Instance: Anything To Impress the Girl

Post by Chaos »

The awkward moment when Janet's a lesbian. ( ouo)

Unlucky, Pym - ya sure can pick 'em. <:3