4/5 Instance: You Were the Chosen One!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

4/5 Instance: You Were the Chosen One!

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People".

Cessily: Even though her schedule allowed for precious few breaks, for understandable reasons, there were some issues that she had to make time for. This certainly was one of them. Hands folded in front of her, Cessily stood in the doorway, patiently watching as she waited for him to notice her presence.

Venom: Eddie continued what he'd been doing for a good five minutes now - packing a large leather bag with clothes and other personal affects. He didn't look to where Cessily was stood, but he'd taken note of her presence.

Venom: "If you're waiting on something, chances are you ain't gonna get it.", he let her know, offering her an empty smile of courtesy before going back to sorting his things.

Cessily: "I guess that depends on what it is I'm waiting for," she replied. "Even though you probably have an idea. Or you should, anyway." Pausing, she took a breath. "Eddie, maybe there's something you'd like to tell me."

Venom: Laughing dryly, Eddie stood up, "Yeah. There is.", he turned to her, "I'm not sorry. Reyes needs to learn when to step off. Also, we may never see each other after this, so...", he shrugged, "....goodbye, I guess."

Cessily: "Well, if that's really what you're going to do, I guess it saves me the lecture about threatening fellow students." Cessily's gaze was cast downward. "I'm afraid it's not done with that, however."

Venom: "Ohoho, this'll be good....", Eddie smirked, lifting his bag, "G'ahead, Cess. Make my week(!)", unconciously, he tensed his fist. In his mind, the Symbiotic conciousness growled low.

Cessily: If she took any offense to his provocation, she didn't show it. "This school has a mission statement, Eddie, and aspires to uphold a number of very high ideals," she said, stepping into the room. "We all know it's not always easy, and sometimes we may even fail, but that doesn't stop us from trying our very best to live up to them each and every day."

Cessily: "First and foremost, we teach young mutants the responsible use of their abilities," she continued. "Not only to keep harm away from themselves, but also those around them."

Venom: Eddie paused for a moment, shaking his head and giving Cessily a scrutinizing look, "What are you, retarded?", he breathed, "I know that. I based my entire life around that. You know that I did. You know what this place, what you all, mean to me.", he looked her dead in the eye, advancing on her.

Venom: "But I have watched those ideals be spat on by the very people who sought to uphold them. And at first, I wondered why, you know? What gave them the right? What provoked them?", he reached into his pocket, removing Cassandra's phone and opening the image, "Look. Look at it."

Cessily: Taking a long look at the image on the small screen, Cessily eventually let out a sigh and returned Eddie's gaze. "Do you really believe I don't feel the same way?" she asked him. "That a part of me doesn't scream at me to pay them pack tenfold for what they did to her? For what Essex did? The Marauders? Apocalypse?"

Cessily: "For what the Facility did to me?" Her eyes were firmly locked on his. "And do you know why I would never give in to that temptation? Because I'm a better person than them. All of these people, they keep attacking us because of what we are. And while they may hurt us, again and again, they may never get us to become like them."

Cessily: "Because the day they make us change from what we are, is the day they finally won." She turned away. "And we finally lose."

Venom: "Being a 'better person' killed Cassandra St. Commons.", Eddie said plainly, "I killed Cassandra St. Commons. Just like you did. Just like these ideals did.", he slipped the phone away slowly, "And maybe. Just maybe you can sleep well knowing that. But I can't. WE can't."

Venom: He pushed past her, heading down the corridoor, "I was wrong, Cess. I was wrong and so are you. And this is my solution.", he stopped, looking back over his shoulder, "If anything, I'm sorry I didn't realize sooner. Kraven has to die, Cess. He does. Just like Essex. But someone has to take that responsibility, protect everyone else from it."

Venom: He started off again, "Tell 'em.....tell 'em I lost my mind. Tell 'em the symbiote turned me rogue. Whatever. Just...don't follow me.", he sighed, "And don't blame yourself."

Cessily: "No, I blame Kraven, and those following him," Cessily replied. "I blame him for what he did to Cassandra and all the other victims, and what he may do to Johnny and Jamie. And I blame him for the poison he injected into your mind." She started to follow him. "Don't you see that you're lying to yourself?"

Cessily: "You're not protecting anyone, as much as you like to tell yourself that." Her voice became harsher. "Do you think it will make a difference whether you kill him or he rots forever in some hellhole? Did killing the Marauders stop him from doing this to us? Will killing him stop the next bastard?"

Cessily: "You say you want to protect everyone, but what you want is revenge." She almost shouted these words.

Venom: Eddie stopped, turning to her once more, "You're right.", he took a step closer, "That what you wanna hear, Cessily? You wanna hear me justify the times I tried to save people at the cost of innocent lives? The blood on MY hands because I wasn't more desicive, more prepared, more REALISTIC!?",

Venom: He laughed, "I don't want vengeance. I want this story to end. I never, ever want him to hurt anyone like he has done ever again. And that means bearing the responsibility that comes with this power.", he raised his hand, black tendrils dancing around it, writhing and pulsing.

Venom: "Just this one, Cessily. You can drag me away on a leash afterwards, cram me in prison for the rest of my life, but I will not let him do this again.", he took a deep breath, "...that's what my Dad meant when he taught me that saying. He didn't even realize, but that's what it means."

Venom: Looking up at her with eyes that appeared sad, he spoke again, "A Hero's not afraid to give his life...."

Cessily: "But he should be scared of taking one," Cessily concluded the sentence for him, her eyes on Eddie's face as she stood in front of him. "And a hero would never betray his ideals, even in the face of death. Or stand by doing nothing while a friend destroys himself and everything he once believed in."

Cessily: A moment of silence hung between them, before the silver counselor lowered her gaze. "Eddie, I came here for two things - to do my best to convince you that you're on a bad path, and to keep you from following it too far down. Even if I should fail do the first, I'm still determined to do the latter."

Venom: Eddie scowled, "Don't, Cess. I don't want to hurt you, but if you stand in my way..."

Cessily: Lifting her head again, Cessily met Eddie's gaze. "If you're truly that determined to destroy your life, I'm afraid you'll have to," she replied, her voice firm. "I'm no longer the insecure student I once was, Eddie. I have a responsibility now. You made your intentions very clear, after all."

Cessily: "As much as I like you, do you really believe I can just let you walk off like that, knowing that you're going to kill someone if I do?" She fixated him with an unyielding look. "I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to remain in Danger's custody, for your own good, until we have detained Kraven and those working with him."

Venom: "And you're going to....what, drag me down there?", Eddie shook his head, "Cess, you do not want to do this."

Cessily: "You're right, I really don't." It was her turn to shake her head. "I'll do it if I have to, but I still believe that won't let it come to this. For the sake of everything we've been through together."

Venom: "I am leaving.", he stated cooly, turning around slowly and making his way away. The Symbiote primed itself, stiffening his mind and focussing his senses on any move she might make, "Goodbye, Cessily."

Cessily: "Eddie, please..." Cessily's plead was genuine, as she bit her lip with a pained expression. "Why are you doing this to me? You know I can't just let you walk off to murder someone." She reached out, her hand gripping his arm. "I beg you..."

Venom: Stopping at the grab on his arm, Eddie bit back his anger, "You can beg all you want, but God help me, if you don't let go...", he glanced back at her, eyes alight with black rage, "I'm taking that hand with me."

Cessily: "And if you take the whole rest of me with you, I'll be fine with that, because at least then I can make sure that you don't do something unbelievably stupid." Cessily didn't loosen her grip.

Venom: Yanking his arm violently, Eddie spun, bringing his hand up to connect with her neck and siezeing her in a vice-like grip, "YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE.", he roared, voice like some abyssal monster. He dropped his bag, throwing her violently down the corridor.

Venom: Black tendrils covered his body beneath his coat, visible on his hands and face as they formed a hardened carapace, "You can back down any time,"

Cessily: She twisted in the air, pushing her arms and legs outward to grab the walls and stop herself. "No, you've had your chance, Eddie." She dropped to the ground and started down the hallway. "I asked you to come to your senses." Launching herself at him, her arms stretched and wrapped his limbs in liquid silver.

Venom: "The difference between us is that I HAVE.", Eddie responded, pulling against her grip, tensing tightly before exploding his mass into a terrifying display of blades, flechettes, spikes and hooks of bone and sinew, biting and tearing like an animal's teeth through her limbs as he leapt forward, face splitting horizontally into a smiling demonic maw.

Cessily: Cessily did not even flinch when she vicious, makeshift weapons cut through her metallic flesh, cutting her limbs to shiny shreds. She knew her malleable body could stand up to the punishment, just as she knew his could, as well. Her arm reformed as a long, straight blade, piercing through the fanged maw and Eddie's head.

Venom: The head bust appart as the blade exited the other side, followed by a hand shooting up from within his coat, "Been waiting for someone to try that.", came his voice again, as his body re-formed from within it, clad in his armor-like form. He forced Cessily down, his body pinning her smaller frame with relative ease, "You wouldn't survive an attack like that, would you, Cessily?"

Venom: His grip around her face tightened, "Don't make me kill you...I don't want to hurt YOU."

Cessily: "Just look at you," she replied, her voice muffled by his hand, looking past his black fingers. "Threatening to kill me. I thought you did this to protect others." Countless metallic needles shot out of her face, tearing the hand to gooey shreds. "Obviously I was all wrong about you." Genuine disappointment weighed down her voice.

Cessily: "Don't worry, though - you're wrong about me, too." Partially liquefying, her body flowed out of his grip, reforming behind him. "You need to be alive for anything to be able to kill you." Arms turned into giant scythes, slicing black tendrils like ripe wheat.

Venom: Eddie laughed, "Respectfully, I disagree.", he spun around, bringing a newly formed sword-like blade across her torso, biting into the liquid steel skin and tearing through it (though not without some resistance).

Venom: His other hand slammed into the wall behind him, "Hm....not there.", yanking it out he crouched, slamming it in again and bringing with it a large length of thick electrical cord, ramming it into Cessily's heart, "GOODNIGHT, CESSILY...", he cackled.

Cessily: With an inhuman shriek, Cessily's body convulsed, rapidly and uncontrollably changing shapes as silver spikes shot in every direction. Moments later she dropped to the floor, essentially melting into a writhing puddle.

Venom: "And that's Jenga...", Eddie growled, dropping the snapping cable into the pool that was once Cessily Kincaid. He let his form revert, picking up his coat and slipping it back on, "You know, if you'd have just let me go, we'd have been fine...", he sighed, stretching and flexing his neck, "...I don't want to believe it either, Cess, but this is the only way."

Venom: He lifted his bag, throwing it over his shoulder, "You'll thank me when he's gone. You all will.", he smiled weakly, "I'll...be that hero you're always saying I am. Finally.", he stepped away, shaking his head, "You'll see. You'll all see..."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 4/5 Instance: You Were the Chosen One!

Post by steyn »

Oh Cessy, you should go start a mutant school in a third world without any electricity.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oh...

He's so dead.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Oh biiiitches be getting castrated.
PanicSwitch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PanicSwitch »

Cess, Cecilia & Rachel should start a club. The 'I got beaten up by Venom & am ready to kick some ass club.' XD
Magneto: "That was really Xorn's twin brother possessed by the sentient mould, Sublime, pretending to be me, pretending to be Xorn."
Beast: "That defies all logic."
Magneto: "Ohhh like none of you have ever died before!"
-Death Becomes Them, Floating Hands Studios

The Thing: "Didn't they come up with a cure for your kind?"
Wolverine: "You gotta problem with mutants?"
The Thing: "I meant Canadians."
-Astonishing X-Men #7
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Post by Chaos »

I appear to have shaken your jimbobs. x3