4/5 Instance: Carousel

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/5 Instance: Carousel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Rachel: The weather was still relatively nice, despite the fact it was getting into the evening hours, and the place didn't seem to be overly crowded, which Rachel supposed was hardly surprising given the season and the murders that were starting to draw the attention of the media. Regardless, she'd dragged Paige all the way through Brooklyn to Coney Island to avoid thinking about those.

Rachel: Avoidance had been her coping plan for the past few days, and she tried her best to keep busy to avoid thinking about what'd happened to Cassie and how Jamie and Johnny were still missing. Blowing out a sigh at the thought, Rachel glanced over to Paige and leaned to kiss her cheek, asking, "So... What do you want to do now?"

Paige: Munching on a bit of cotton candy, Paige smiled up at her girlfriend. The distraction had worked for her at least. She hadn't thought about severed head flinging since they had arrived. When posed the question, Paige considered their options. "Ooo oo we should go look at the ferris wheel and not get on it! Just to, you know, experience it." She grinned a bit. Living dangerously!

Rachel: Rachel laughed and shook her head, pulling off a bit of cotton candy for herself, though she made a face after popping it in her mouth. The way it dissolved was just unpleasant. "Y'know, we can see the ferris wheel and experience it from here..."

Paige: "This is true..." Paige looked up at the tiny people on the ride, marveling at them. "How do they do that, Rachie?" She pulled off more cotton candy, sliding it onto her tongue to dissolve.

Rachel: She gave a bit of a shrug as she stared up at the ferris wheel as well, shooting Paige a grin, "I don't know, but we could go find out."

Paige: "No!" She shrieked, automatically latching onto Rachel. "Those are scary!"

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth to say it couldn't be as scary as the cannibals on the ground but promptly stopped herself because she enjoyed having circulation in her arm. Well, what little was left of it anyway. Instead, she assured her, "We're not going."

Paige: Relaxing her hold on Rachel, Paige kept ahold of her, staying close. "What would you like to do instead?"

Rachel: "I don't know," she shrugged as she peered around, eventually looking back to the cotton candy and Paige, "Did you plan on eating anything that isn't pure sugar?"

Paige: "Nooo...." Paige gave her a sheepish smile. "Maybe a corny dog... mmm with mustard." She brushed a bit of Rachel's hair back from her face, smile still in place.

Rachel: "Shouldn't be too hard to find one of those..." Rachel commented, looking around for the nearest vendor. Spotting one, she started that way and eyed what else was on the menu, settling on a bottle of water while they waited in line.

Paige: Paige bounced a bit, excited about her corn dog. "Is there a place to walk by the beach too?"

Rachel: "I guess there's the pier," Rachel answered, pointing in the direction of it, "And we probably could go down to one of the beaches, if you wanted." Though, the last time she'd been to the beach here had been with Josh.

Paige: "We should eat and watch the waves. Maybe find some sea glass or sea shells!" Paige kissed Rachel's cheek before ordering her food.

Rachel: "As long as we're only watching the waves," Rachel nodded in agreement as she ordered her bottle of water, pulling some money out of her pocket in exchange for the stuff before starting toward one of the beaches.

Paige: Paige gave her a slightly puzzled look. "What else would we watch?"

Rachel: "Nothing?" Rachel answered as she returned the look, adding, "I meant as opposed to swimming in the ocean... while it's freezing..."

Paige: "Oh Rachie!" Paige laughed at her and took a bite of her corn dog. She smiled as she chewed, watching her girlfriend. "Has anyone ever told you how cute you are?"

Rachel: Twisting the cap off the bottle, she feigned thinking before giving a shrug, grinning slightly as she answered, "Only you, like... every day."

Paige: Giggling again, Paige took another bite, wrapping her free arm in Rachel's. "Because you are."

Rachel: "Eh... Maybe a little..." she replied as she found them a spot to sit, trying to decide how much she was going to regret sitting in sand, "I mean, nowhere near as cute as you, but I'm not entirely sure anyone is..."

Paige: Paige laughed and finished off her corn dog. After a moment she rested her head against Rachel's shoulder and sighed a bit. "You're the sexy red head though."

Rachel: "Yeah, but I look amazing no matter what color my hair is."

Paige: "This is so truuuuue! You always look amazing." Paige sat up to pull Rachel in for a soft kiss.

Rachel: Rachel returned the kiss before replying, looking out at the ocean as she spoke, "Well, I don't know about always... especially not lately." There hadn't been much effort put into her appearance since that mission that'd led to them finding Cassie in the church. Plus, she just couldn't be bothered if she was going out on patrols to find Jamie.

Paige: "You're always beautiful to me," Paige told her softly, looking out at the waves with her. "Especially when you're right next to me."

Rachel: "I can't even begin to top the cheesiness of that," she teased, looking back over to her with a smirk.

Paige: After more giggling, Paige just smiled. "I would have been impressed if you could."

Rachel: "Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not that amazing," Rachel as she pulled the cap from her bottle for another drink of water, holding it out to Paige in offering after her sip.

Paige: "Always so hard on yourself," Paige pointed out, taking a sip. "I wish you'd see yourself the way I see you."

Rachel: Shaking her head, she denied, "I'm not that hard on myself."

Paige: "You are incredibly hard on yourself." Paige brushed Rachel's hair back from her face, making sure she could look her in the eyes. "But you don't have to be." She kissed her softly.

Rachel: Rachel held her gaze for a few moments before looking back out over the water with a sigh, "I'm not that bad."

Paige: Letting it drop, Paige took Rachel's hand instead, squeezing it with her own. "Thank you for today."

Rachel: "It's not a big deal," she shook her head, glancing over her shoulder to look back at the amusement park and the city beyond, "Is there anything else you wanted to do?"

Paige: "We could stay here and watch the sunset?" Paige offered.

Rachel: "If that's what you want," Rachel nodded, settling into the spot by leaning against Paige, not entirely sure she'd stay focused on the sunset. She supposed that made Paige's point about being hard on herself, and she blew out another sigh. "All the lights will be cool once the sun goes down anyway."

Paige: "Oh I can't wait to see them," Paige snuggled into Rachel, wanting to stay as close to her as possible. "I want to see you by moonlight... and sober," Paige admitted with a giggle.

Rachel: "Well, I imagine that's possible unless one of manifests the power to turn my water into vodka."

Paige: "Now that would be a handy power!" Paige laughed and took Rachel's hand again. "Let me know if you develop that one."

Rachel: "No shit. Melati would totally be all over me if I could do that," Rachel grinned, giving Paige's hand a small squeeze.

Paige: "I would say me too, but I already am." She laughed, squeezing back.

Rachel: She shook her head, "You're going to kill me."

Paige: First, Paige laughed happily. Then, she sighed with content. "Nah, kind of attached now."

Rachel: "Pfft, you're always attached."

Paige: "I know a pretty face when I see it!" Paige grinned at her own joke.

Rachel: Rachel snorted. She supposed her face looked far prettier than it had after Eddie had practically bashed it in, so she could give Paige that one. Once the sun had finished setting, she got up, attempting to brush the sand off her while offering Paige her other hand.

Paige: Paige got to her feet with Rachel's help, then helping Rachel brush the sand off of her. "It's getting chilly."

Rachel: Wordlessly unzipping her hoodie, Rachel held it out in offering, peering back at the rides that were all lit up and debating whether she could get Paige on any of them.

Paige: "Are you sure you aren't cold?" Paige questioned her, brushing the sand off of herself with one hand and taking the hoodie with her other.

Rachel: "I was wearing a sleeveless shirt on Christmas, I think I'll live," Rachel reasoned as she helped with the sand, finally deciding on a ride that Paige would find tolerable.

Paige: Laughing, Paige slid the hoodie on once she was sand free. She leaned in for another kiss from Rachel, smiling. "Thank you."

Rachel: As she returned the kiss, she reached to zip it up, which somehow seemed wrong because she wasn't generally for dressing Paige. "It's no problem. C'mon..."

Paige: "Ohhh you were right," Paige smiled at the city scape. "It's gorgeous with the lights on."

Rachel: "The entire city is," Rachel assured her, "Because it's only the greatest city ever."

Paige: "Still want you to see Texas sometime." Paige walked with her slowly, taking in the scenary.

Rachel: "It's not going to change my opinion on New York, but summer's coming up soon."

Paige: "I should take you home for the big Texas, Texas Tech game. Let you really see my family in fine form."

Rachel: Rachel peered over at her, trying to decide what to make of that suggestion, "...Is it supposed to sound that terrifying?"

Paige: "Well... no... but I could see how it would be."

Rachel: "I dunno..." she bit down on her lip, "Are you sure you want me to meet your family?"

Paige: Paige paused, pulling Rachel to where she could look into her face. "You are the most important person in my life. I want them to meet you."

Rachel: Rachel opened her mouth to reply, closed it, and shifted a bit uncomfortably at the idea, forcing herself to say something, "I just... I've, um, never really... and I-I don't tend to..." Well, she'd been hoping for something that made more sense.

Paige: "Do you.. not want to?" She asked, hesitating.

Rachel: "No, I can... I mean, I do..." she nodded, seeing as she'd been on Paige about telling her family since she'd had to tell hers. She pulled Paige along because it seemed easier to focus on walking as she admitted, "Nobody's ever taken me home to meet their family, and I don't really... I'm pretty sure I'm exactly the type you take home because I don't generally leave good impressions..."

Paige: Paige didn't point out that they would flip more over her being a girl than anything. She squeezed Rachel's hand, keeping up with her pace. "It doens't matter what they think."

Rachel: "Except it does," Rachel sighed, pushing her free hand through her hair.

Paige: "It won't change how I feel about you."

Rachel: "Well, no, but it'll still be upsetting." The meeting with her mother was a perfect example of how that went, but she was pretty sure she didn't need to point that out as well.

Paige: "Maybe so... but I want you there. If you don't want to go, we don't have to. But it's up to you."

Rachel: Rachel replied, despite the temptation to say no because Paige was just going to end up hurt, as she pulled her into the line for the carousel, "If you want me to go, I will. I mean, besides the school, I've never really been outside the city..."

Paige: "Ohhh we totally have to go now! You need some good, Texas barbecue... and some real Mexican food." Paige rested her head against Rachel as they waited.

Rachel: "We do have barbecue and Mexican food here," she pointed out, pressing a kiss to the top of Paige's head. "There's, like... everything here."

Paige: "It's not the same. Trust me. You'll understand once you taste it." She wrapped her arms around Rachel to wait for their turn.

Rachel: "We'll see about that," she replied, relieved when the line finally started to move because she really didn't have the patience to wait for such things. Stepping up onto the carousel, she offered Paige her hand, wondering where the best place to sit would be, as she commented, "Speaking of family, guess you haven't had to suffer my dad..."

Paige: "When do I get to meet your dad then," Paige asked, taking Rachel's hand to step onto the carousel, also looking for a place to sit.

Rachel: "I dunno... Whenever he's free, I guess, or whenever you are..." Rachel shrugged and made a mental note to check when that was before she dragged Paige there. Spotting a bench that was far too brightly colored for her liking, she made her way around to it, plopping down and pulling Paige with her.

Paige: "I'm always free to meet your dad," Paige assured her. She smiled warmly at the seat, loving the pink, and cuddled up to Rachel.

Rachel: She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about the two of them meeting, not because it wouldn't go well but because she worried about them conspiring against her. Regardless, she slid her arms around Paige, mumbling, "I'll see what I can set up then..."

Paige: Paige wrapped her arms around Rachel and closed her eyes, blocking out everyone around them. "Just let me know and I'll be ready. I'm excited to meet him."

Rachel: "Well, he's not exactly a jerk... I doubt he'll be to you, anyway, so it should go fairly well," Rachel commented, peering around as the ride began. Eventually, she turned her gaze back to Paige, studying her face as she reached up to tuck some blonde strands behind her ear.

Paige: She smiled back at Rachel, nuzzling the hand near her face once her hair was in place.

Rachel: Cupping Paige's cheek, she returned the smile with a slight one of her own as she gently tipped Paige's head up, leaning to catch her lips. She'd been relatively oblivious to anyone in their vicinity to begin with, and, if anyone was staring, she was definitely beyond caring at this point.

Paige: Paige deepened the kiss, sliding her hand up to Rachel's hair and threading it with her fingers.

Rachel: Sucking in a breath, Rachel vaguely wondered how much she could get away with before Paige caved in embarrassment and pulled her arm from around her, sliding her hand across her back and down her side, turning to face her more.

Paige: Scooting a bit close, Paige trailed her fingers lightly over Rachel's face and down her sweetheart's arm.

Rachel: She shuddered at the touch and slipped her hand under the jacket and Paige's shirt, squeezing her hip, belatedly realizing that there was a slight possibility her fingers were cold.

Paige: Paige jumped slightly at the touch, surprised. She relaxed again, careful not to break off the kiss.

Rachel: While Paige had been careful not to break it off, Rachel decided it needed to be done at some point and took in another breath before muttering against her lips, "Sorry."

Paige: Face red, Paige nuzzled Rachel with a smile. "Don't be."

Rachel: Grinning slightly at the shade of Paige's face, Rachel managed to pull herself away from her lips in favor of kissing along her jaw, pausing at her ear, mumbling without really thinking about it, "I love you." Once what she said processed, she froze while she awaited some sort of response, inwardly kicking herself.

Paige: At first, Paige didn't register that Rachel said anything. When she did, she pulled back enough to look her in her face, searching it. Satisfied that it was no joke, Paige kissed her softly, then replied, "I love you too."

Rachel: Face flushing, Rachel had absolutely no idea what to say in reply to that and averted her gaze, blowing out a breath with a slightly stupid grin.

Paige: Smiling, Paige snuggled into Rachel, resting her head against her. Well as far as dates went, Paige decided this was the best.